Lots of juicy info from Unnamed SWTOR Podcast from NY Cantina Tour

Pietrastor

The gain is minimal, why would I waste my time on it for only a single toon? especially considering how tedious it is to get all of them? Only insane people would do that 8+ times.

I assume by minimal you are referring to anything other than main stat/endurance datacrons, right? Because I'm pretty sure 30 of each is definitely worth it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of upping the old school ops why not just create group finder version of them? all ops should have a level 60 GF version which will allow players from 50-60 participate in them and bolster them all to 60. it would make the old school ops viable again without wasting too much resources.

Not to come off as overly harsh, but good riddance?! The "full story" was never available for solo players and neither should it be IMO. Especially the end of the storylines should remain a "heroic" undertaking to be completed by a group of the empire's/republic's finest IMO. No matter what some of you claim, but playing an MMO and expecting to be able to experience ALL of the story without ever having to group up is just silly. If solo players get irritated in the most solo friendly MMO I've ever played then they can't really be helped IMO.

I don't mind quest chais that end with "and do this flashpoint or operation" but ones that end with a one time heroic are really irriating as it becomes VERY hard to get a group for them, very quick, I ended up finding that problem in LOTRO, when no matetr how much I asked for a group for a heroic at the end of a quest chain there just wasn't eneugh people intreasted

What is with Bioware's love for Explosive Conflict that they want to scale it up?

I dunno, cause everyone I know thinks it was one of the worst ops they put out. with a rediculas difficulty curve compared to other ops. I mean... these days no one does it for the most part because they can get the same rewards more or less for doing eternity vault

What is with Bioware's love for Explosive Conflict that they want to scale it up?

Because its hands down the best OP in the game in terms of required skill to clear it. Even at 55 people struggle to beat the level 50 nightmare mode. It has some of the best mechanics in the game.

Edited by Raansu

Because its hands down the best OP in the game in terms of required skill to clear it. Even at 55 people struggle to neat the level 50 nightmare mode. It has some of the best mechanics in the game.

Hell my guild had trouble getting past the tanks for at least an hour on HM with all 55s and at least 5 had 180s or better. It must been a ***** back in the day at 50.

I'm not sure all the new ones should neccessarily be that difficult and punishing, but I don't think they should be dumbed down too badly, to where all it is a tank and spank. Mechanics make fights more interesting assuming it's not overly complicated.

Edited by Nickious

Hell my guild had trouble getting past the tanks for at least an hour on HM with all 55s and at least 5 had 180s or better. I'm not sure all the new ones should neccessarily be that difficult and punishing, but I don't think they should be dumbed down too badly, to where all it is a tank and spank. Mechanics make fights more interesting assuming it's not overly complicated.

There should always be at least one OP that is crazy difficult. Sadly, like EC, they eventually get nerfed.

Makes sense, although the obviousness of the choice adds to how suspect I am, particularly given that Togruta was singled out as a problematic species. Makes a little too much sense, as it were.

I gotta imagine that as problematic as Togruta may be that they (Bioware) are aware of their money making potential at this point. I think that is why we are seeing them next compared to a race that from a technical standpoint wouldn't be as difficult to do. They floated that love of the Voss line out there a few months ago but given the poor reaction that it got and the constant demand for Togruta they no doubt got to the point where the Togruta made the most financial sense even if they are going to present technical issues like clipping and what not.

The other big upside to the Togruta being next (aside from people getting what they want) is that they're no doubt going to make quite a bit of money off it, to the point where EA might want them to do more of them. In other words EA sees the numbers that the Togruta pulls in and then wants Bioware to add new races every 6 months or so or whatever. Another positive is that (from a technical perspective) once they do Togruta, it'll make it easier for them do develop other races that would/could prove to be problematic like Nautolan or Chagrian.

I gotta imagine that as problematic as Togruta may be that they (Bioware) are aware of their money making potential at this point. I think that is why we are seeing them next compared to a race that from a technical standpoint wouldn't be as difficult to do. They floated that love of the Voss line out there a few months ago but given the poor reaction that it got and the constant demand for Togruta they no doubt got to the point where the Togruta made the most financial sense even if they are going to present technical issues like clipping and what not.

The other big upside to the Togruta being next (aside from people getting what they want) is that they're no doubt going to make quite a bit of money off it, to the point where EA might want them to do more of them. In other words EA sees the numbers that the Togruta pulls in and then wants Bioware to add new races every 6 months or so or whatever. Another positive is that (from a technical perspective) once they do Togruta, it'll make it easier for them do develop other races that would/could prove to be problematic like Nautolan or Chagrian.

I think their love for the Voss is probably related to something else, namely...

Something that is bound to come by the end of this month. Supposedly. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The reason I have a problem with it is because of other people. I have tried to play ops, but every single time I've tried the group has fallen apart before getting to the end. If your ops group end up wiping just once, at least half the group leaves, and then you have to wait hours to get a full group again. It has been like that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried to do an ops. Don't know if it's different on other servers, but it's like that on the red eclipse.

You shouldn't join public groups when they do DF or DP because it's a waste of time. I tried it a couple of times and since then I avoid grouping with PUGs. Find a PVE guild that regularly does operations. Going with your own guild is a piece of cake.

Edited by PavSalco

Makes sense, although the obviousness of the choice adds to how suspect I am, particularly given that Togruta was singled out as a problematic species. Makes a little too much sense, as it were.

I don't really think it's any trickier than Twi'lek, which we already have. They might be able to get away with using the exact same head rules on gear, actually.

Again, I have to say that I think a storyline should not be held hostage behind some kind of group play gate. At the same time, group content deserves it's own UNIQUE mini arc storylines to act as incentives.

AND I think 4 versions of a group mission should exist....Tactical, SM, HM and Nightmare. There should be some consistency there...too often raids are released in Tactical mode without any SM, HM or Nightmare equivalents.

There is no reason, IMO, that Tactical Ops should not exist, but by that token so should Nightmare Ops.

Just my slant.

Again, I have to say that I think a storyline should not be held hostage behind some kind of group play gate. At the same time, group content deserves it's own UNIQUE mini arc storylines to act as incentives.

AND I think 4 versions of a group mission should exist....Tactical, SM, HM and Nightmare. There should be some consistency there...too often raids are released in Tactical mode without any SM, HM or Nightmare equivalents.

There is no reason, IMO, that Tactical Ops should not exist, but by that token so should Nightmare Ops.

Just my slant.

They've never done a tactical ops before, nor are planning to with the expansion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.