Lots of juicy info from Unnamed SWTOR Podcast from NY Cantina Tour

Pietrastor

A lot of what I've heard about the expansion sounds good, but I sure hope you don't have to do an operation to get the conclusion to the story. They did it with Oricon, and I absolutely hated that. If that's the new standard for story content, then it'll be the one thing to get me to leave.

Because a sm op is soooooooo hard, omg i solo heal that **** in my sleep. This is a freaking MMO go play a single player game if your too scared to play with other people...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPCs possibly to "fill-in" for missing group members

yes, yes, yes!

I'm really comfortable with the game, but the only thing that really annoys me is my inability to experience the story locked behind heroics/operations.

I can't finish Shroud, I never saw anything related to Dread Masters, apart from imperial Belsavis and few Oricon Dailies.

I really wish I could take my crew for more challenging missions.

Disappointed to hear about pod racing. I take even just the kotor mini-game over nothing at all. Also, get better servers dammit.

Their pvp answer is a joke. Whatever they have planned probably won't work. Cross server or merge servers. That is literally their only options.

Because a sm op is soooooooo hard, omg i solo heal that **** in my sleep. This is a freaking MMO go play a single player game if your too scared to play with other people...

Don't bother. Eric opened a can of worms with his post last week. Come 4.0 this game will be purely single player.

Just an educated guess, but if the full story isn't soloable, then solo oriented players will probably leave once they realize that. Solo players have been irritated for awhile now with Oricon & Forged Alliances, but it seems that is over with Forged Alliances getting solo versions. I think this posters feelings have been heard and responded to.

Not to come off as overly harsh, but good riddance?! The "full story" was never available for solo players and neither should it be IMO. Especially the end of the storylines should remain a "heroic" undertaking to be completed by a group of the empire's/republic's finest IMO. No matter what some of you claim, but playing an MMO and expecting to be able to experience ALL of the story without ever having to group up is just silly. If solo players get irritated in the most solo friendly MMO I've ever played then they can't really be helped IMO.

The reason I have a problem with it is because of other people. I have tried to play ops, but every single time I've tried the group has fallen apart before getting to the end. If your ops group end up wiping just once, at least half the group leaves, and then you have to wait hours to get a full group again. It has been like that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried to do an ops. Don't know if it's different on other servers, but it's like that on the red eclipse.

Edited by Karovd

Not to come off as overly harsh, but good riddance?! The "full story" was never available for solo players and neither should it be IMO. Especially the end of the storylines should remain a "heroic" undertaking to be completed by a group of the empire's/republic's finest IMO. No matter what some of you claim, but playing an MMO and expecting to be able to experience ALL of the story without ever having to group up is just silly. If solo players get irritated in the most solo friendly MMO I've ever played then they can't really be helped IMO.

Ya they act like doing story mode ops and tactical FP's is so damn hard....I did all 3 tacticals back to back once rakata prime came out and I did it all in like I think 2 hours. I wasn't really keeping track but it didn't take long and being a tactical the GF popped within 5 minutes for each one.

POT5 is the lowest pop server and I could probably log in as soon as I got home from work and throw together an 8 man DP/DF story mode group within 20 minutes and burn through it quite easily. Too bad solo players refuse to do this while playing an online game :rolleyes:

The reason I have a problem with it is because of other people. I have tried to play ops, but every single time I've tried the group has fallen apart before getting to the end. If your ops group end up wiping just once, at least half the group leaves, and then you have to wait hours to get a full group again. It has been like that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried to do an ops. Don't know if it's different on other servers, but it's like that on the red eclipse.

Step 1) Go to your server's forum.

Step 2) Browse the Guild Recruitment sub-forum

Step 3) Find a few candidates of Guilds that are of your level of Casual <---> Hardcore

Step 4) Contact them as their Recruitment page suggests and ask questions

Step 5) Join the PVE guild that will give you support and a chance to see SM ops with a cohesive group

Step 6) Look back and laugh at the old days of just pugging ops

Arrrrgggggg whyyyyy!!!!!!!! :jawa_evil::jawa_evil::jawa_evil::jawa_evil:

I may be wrong, but I believe that Eric Musco has said that it would require a complete redesign of the datacron system to make them legacy wide.

It may also be that the devs feel that those datacron stat bonuses should remain in the "have to be earned on a per character basis" category.

Togruta is the next race they're working on, but not for 3.0 of course

they're looking into options/working on separating gear stats from fashion (some form of costume manager); this includes the issue of color crystals, if/when they separate the rest of the gear's stats from looks, crystals would be included in the new system as well; POSSIBLY in 3.0

they did pod-racing prototype but abandoned it due to technical issues (server lag being cited as the problem with determining race winners) (REALLY? in 2014 this is STILL an issue?)

current 55 top-level ops gear = entry level 60 ops gear

no world boss in 3.0, but we will be seeing one after 3.0 next year

they're talking internally about possibly increasing EC up to level cap again, not for 3.0 though

they may look into faction-change in future

they are definitely working on the next Stronghold, but no definitive info which planet it will be on;(SIMS = CC = $$) working on combat dummies for strogholds; if they can improve performance they will up NPC limit from 25

multi-phase plan to revitalize GSF, increased requisitions being the first phase

2 new tactical FPs are 55-60 leveling FPs, both brand new

4 HM FPs are Tython, Korriban, Manaan & Rakata

there is either a solo-mission or FP equivalent of the second operation, the finale of the expansion story (a choice if you prefer to do the solo/FP or Ops version of the story?), Unnamed podcast didn't remember correctly if it was solo-mission or FP, possibly locked behind Reputation grind level (the equivalent, not the actual Op itself!); WOW's Wrath of the Lich King example of this feature was cited; NPCs possibly to "fill-in" for missing group members

engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"

new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though

working on improvement for open world PVP, not on previous Ilum scale but on a "Conquest" scale (?)

I haven't seen this much equivocation since the last politician was asked a direct question.

I got that Strongholds = Furniture = Cartel Packs = $$, but sheesh. Can we make it just a little less obvious?

If I don't get my way I refuse to use the feature.

lol, just lol

The gain is minimal, why would I waste my time on it for only a single toon? especially considering how tedious it is to get all of them? Only insane people would do that 8+ times.

Don't bother. Eric opened a can of worms with his post last week. Come 4.0 this game will be purely single player.

as it should be they said this is kotor 3 to 9; kotor 1 & 2 a single player so kotor 3 to 9 should also be single player.

I got that Strongholds = Furniture = Cartel Packs = $$, but sheesh. Can we make it just a little less obvious?

Brace for impact with appearance tabs (or equivalent).

But then you can still buy the stuff out of the GTN.

as it should be they said this is kotor 3 to 9; kotor 1 & 2 a single player so kotor 3 to 9 should also be single player.

Ya, that would be your class story,especially the knights story, all of which are 100% solo.

Also, news flash, this is an MMO. Stop pretending its a single player game. Go play kotor 1 and 2 if you want to play by yourself.

Unnamed SWTOR Podcast brings lots of juicy info from Cantina NY Tour chat with Bruce Maclean:

http://gaddockgaming.com/2014/10/11/episode-57-nyc-cantina-qa-spoilers/

• they may look into faction-change in future
  • they are definitely working on the next Stronghold, but no definitive info which planet it will be on; working on combat dummies for strongholds; if they can improve performance they will up NPC limit from 25
  • engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"
  • new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though
  • working on improvement for open world PVP, not on previous Ilum scale but on a "Conquest" scale (?)

Faction change:eek: I'd never use the thing, but that's a BIG thing for some players.

Ya, that would be your class story,especially the knights story, all of which are 100% solo.

Also, news flash, this is an MMO. Stop pretending its a single player game. Go play kotor 1 and 2 if you want to play by yourself.

and why would bioware make forged alliance solo; because it is a large part of the player base and bioware realising you can't force solo player to group up.

and why would bioware make forged alliance solo; because it is a large part of the player base and bioware realising you can't force solo player to group up.

No, they're making it solo because it will have extremely relevant story content paired with mechanically irrelevant gameplay. Not because they're deciding to make the whole game soloable.

No, they're making it solo because it will have extremely relevant story content paired with mechanically irrelevant gameplay. Not because they're deciding to make the whole game soloable.

Which is pointless anyways. Those FP's are so easy you can practically solo them already. At level 60 if you can't solo them then there is something wrong.

Faction change:eek: I'd never use the thing, but that's a BIG thing for some players.

Don't expect your Knight to become an Imperial. If it happens you'll more than likely be swapping your Knight for a Warrior.

The only way that you'll see a Knight (or whatever) go over to the opposite faction is if it's for future content, ie stuff that takes place after all the current storylines. There's going to be some major drawbacks to it story wise though in order to accommodate the switch.

I haven't seen this much equivocation since the last politician was asked a direct question.

Take your pick:

• Speculative information
  • No information at all until release announcement

You don't get both. If you can't handle information about what they hope to deliver, then just avoid all that information. If you think that they can tell you exactly what they will deliver 6-12 months before it would be ready, then you don't understand software development. Demanding it just highlights that lack of understanding.