Armor Set Mannequin

VenomoSith

this is a pretty basic idea, basically could be a droid or something that shows off the armor sets in your collections. of course youd need to have it unlocked for your entire account or on that character. but hey I think it would make a nice addition. I think id have an entire room devoted to this

/signed

and may i add

YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESVYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YESYES,YES,YES,YES,YES YES,YES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I support this idea and I think these mansions should be player crafted. I think with having the option of gearing out mannequins would help with the storage problem this wouldn't take up space plus allow players to show off gear plus would also make people want to buy more cartel packs to just collect armour sets. Right now there is no reason to collect armour rather than to cloth our toons. But this would probably get collectors wanting all sorts of armour and I think this would be a good reason for bioware to re issue old cartel packs and increase their sales would give more uses to collect gear.

I would suggest allowing the mannequins move a little bit. Say you could have 50 of these mannequins in your stronghold you could find a cool armour set and deck them out as guards in front of rooms or on tatooine I have a bunch of republic guards I bought from pvp decor vendor and have them lined up like soldiers standing in line. So yeah say even the old commando gear that drops from old ops look cool and make it worth while to repeat over and over to get cool gear or buy more cartel packs to have cool looking guards or troops in our strongholds would give players a cool way to custom deck out there stronghold and allowing crafters to craft the moveable mannequins would allow crafters something cool to craft to make crafters happy but also it would increase Biowares sales of packs to get more armour.

The reason I strongly think this needs to be a crafted item is because if a player wants to place say 20 or even 50 of these mannequins then he can easily get the manequins. Because if they were cartel pack items once that cartel pack is pulled off the shelf u can't get those manequins anymore. Also if it was an item to buy off the cartel market say you wanted 50 in your stronghold to show off armour or decorate as guards it would get expensive fast. so I think decorative manequins should be crafted by players and then you decorate with gear whether from drops which would make old ops repeatable to get that gear as well make buying cartel packs worth while or since we have those collections that open up after we get a set of gear would increase cartel coin spending to get that gear over and over to deck out these manequins this would create a huge cash cow for bioware. Plus show some love for crafters.

Win win for both sides really.

I don't think the mannequins should move, but I (still) think they're a great idea. What seems best to my non-developer brain is to basically make them storage containers like the cargo hold/legacy bank, but with slots like a companion. So you'd place the deco, right click on it, and then equip whatever armor onto it that you want.

The main issue with this is that they'd have to find a way to keep people from cheating and trading BoP/BoE armor sets across their legacy using mannequins. But honestly, if they could figure that out, I would spend tons of cartel coins on those things. They could even sell them in different poses, like one standing straight, one leaning like it's against a wall, etc.

And, to make it even better, they could put a weapon slot in some mannequins to allow them to display weapons as well as armor. (That's probably reaching, considering stances and whatnot, but hey, while we're wishing... :p)

It would also help with the problem of storage for people who like to collect non-CM gear. Collections unlocks are great, but that doesn't help me with my Star Forager set, or that flashpoint gear I finally managed to get every piece of. I have an entire tab of my cargo hold filled with gear I may never wear again but I'm sentimentally attached to.

Here is a thought would we like the manequins to look like our character or just random people? If they looked like us then we could show off our gear as we progressed showing off what we used to like to wear etc.

Myself I think random person. And I strongly thing the manequins should be player made because most of the gear is cartel market and say you had 20 suits it would get crazy stupid expensive to get that many.

Here is a thought would we like the manequins to look like our character or just random people? If they looked like us then we could show off our gear as we progressed showing off what we used to like to wear etc.

Myself I think random person. And I strongly thing the manequins should be player made because most of the gear is cartel market and say you had 20 suits it would get crazy stupid expensive to get that many.

I would prefer a plain white (or gray, or black) mannequin that looks like no one in particular. Just make one for each gender/body type and possibly a few poses for variety.

And I think the best approach would be both player-made and CM, like the other utility stuff.

Yes! I would spend Cartel Coins on this one! Mannequins as a stronghold and maybe for a starship. (I think that starship interior customization would be nice too). Also, I have a nice collection of Flashpoint armors and some other in-game (green) armor sets. :)

I wouldn't suggest buying the manequin as a cartel item because that could get expensive but allow crafters in game be able to craft then. And allowing say a cap of like 100 manequins this would allow players to say they see an armour set they like they could get several sets of that gear to make it look like guards or an army even.. Different crafters could craft different body types or make and female. Or different species.

I think the idea of being able to have your armour on display would be a good way to show off what you have collected. May make players hunt down armour from cartel packs they wouldn't wear but like just to say hey I have a set. Would make players happy to be able to craft more plus players would be happy to show of gear. And it could help people want to buy more cartel packs for cool new armour to show off. I can't see this idea stopping people from buying cartel packs. I think people would buy more. And allowing players to craft them I just thought of this would allow players to always be able to get as many as they want. And once a cartel pack disappears then you can't get them again so this would be great for players to craft so there is a steady supply. And the new cartel packs just keep coming out with cool armour I think manequins will also keep cartel market packs healthy if not increase sales

this is a pretty basic idea, basically could be a droid or something that shows off the armor sets in your collections. of course youd need to have it unlocked for your entire account or on that character. but hey I think it would make a nice addition. I think id have an entire room devoted to this

/signed

• 2 months later...

Didn't see this thread when I posted mine but yes!

With all the vast collections of outfits, it'd be cool if their was a cartel market decoration that let you display outfits in your collections. So like a mannequin and then you bind an outfit to it when you place it in your stronghold.

/signed

Can I sign more than once?

I don't think the mannequins should move, but ...

How about if someone clicks on it, it draws/stows the weapon like a character does (Z), then you could show off your weapons too?

The main issue with this is that they'd have to find a way to keep people from cheating and trading BoP/BoE armor sets across their legacy using mannequins...

Easy. Make the dummy bound also. The dummy would basically be a specialized 9 slot (though I'd go with the full 14, even if 5 items aren't visible) cargo hold stronghold decoration.

Think this way; if you have one character that has a non-collectible mount, say like the Aratech Ice for example, only that character can deploy it as a stronghold decoration, but any other legacy character can move it around on the hook or even pick it up, and every visitor can see it. If you delete the character, the mount vanishes out of your stronghold (I believe). The dummy would work like that. If you're the owner, you right-click to open/add/remove gear, and you (and everyone else) left-click to draw/stow weapon. If a non-owning alt picks up the dummy from the hook, the gear stays on the dummy, you'd just have to log back onto the owner and re-hook it.

Take it a step further, if the dummy UI were integrated into the paper doll UI (like extra tabs on the character sheet: Character, Companion, Ship, Armor Tree 1, Armor Tree 2, Armor Tree 3, and so on), it could also double as a quick-change gear system. A button on each tab would swap out your characters active gear with that Armor Tree tab with a single click. Throw your DPS gear on your body, and your healing gear on a Tree, and then Bam-Bam McSwap. Unlock an Armor Tree tab on a single character for a couple hundred Cartel Coin maybe, unlock one on every character in your legacy for a couple thousand or so, up to a maximum of "x" per character, just like the inventory rows or cargo hold tabs work now. Then you deploy your Mannequin(s) in your stronghold, and they are shown wearing whatever gear you have equipped on the corresponding Armor Tree. Heck, you could even make the Mannequins look different depending on the Base Class; Red for Warriors, Blue for Knights, Purple for Inquisitors, Green for Smugglers, etc., and etc.

This is really one stone that could potentially kill several birds.