Conquest Exploit Farming - Battle of Ilum (Is it an exploit? Or just boring farming?)

Ocho-Quatro

I haven't said you shouldn't. I don't agree with this change myself...but...point totals are outrageously high this week so I can see a need for some changes....any guild not in the top 10 tonight will have a helluva time cracking it after the patch.

Fair enough. I just would like if they balanced the point acquisition. It seemed like last week the only good way to get points was Warzones and crafting. This week (as it was "intended") it seems that the only good way is GSF. Both weeks for PVE have the groupfinder flashpoints, but they only count a couple times a day and don't give a lot for the amount of time, the groupfinder operations, but they only count once every three days or so and give even worse points, and heroics which only count once per day. Then there's a few one-time quests scattered around that only give modest points.

Edited by MillionsKNives

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets get this straight pvp'er's can run their warzones over and over again but pve'rs are only allowed to run their fp's once per day. How fair...

How about this...no FP rewards more than 500 points, including bonus boss and it can be repeated? That make you happier? There's no queue for you to wait in so you should be able to blow this out in no time.

I think if flashpoints are only going to give credit for completing the groupfinder daily then warzones should only give credit for completing the warzone dailies. Then bump them up to 1k per daily (without the bonus the groupfinder reward is 1k). It's only fair. Edited by MillionsKNives

I think if flashpoints are only going to give credit for completing the groupfinder daily then warzones should only give credit for completing the warzone dailies. Then bump them up to 1k per daily (without the bonus the groupfinder reward is 1k). It's only fair.

But then there is nothing left for PvPers to do to earn Conquest.

I don't see how PvP players being able to infinitely gather conquest points through repeatable warzone objectives is fair. PvP guilds already have massive advantage for doing what they are normally doing anyway - PvP. An endgame raiding guild doesn't even get recognition for completing Hard and Nightmare mode operations.

And let's not even start to compare the organization and preparation effort and the time required to actually complete such an operation to being rewarded for a 15 minutes warzone even if you lose it and have performed abysmally.

Unless I am misunderstanding the Conquest events and in fact they are a PvP centric feature with some side elements.

So lets get this straight pvp'er's can run their warzones over and over again but pve'rs are only allowed to run their fp's once per day. How fair...

So do both. I'd rather be in WZs than running ilum FPs but I did it anyway. The title is a lie, you're not a special snowflake.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I think if flashpoints are only going to give credit for completing the groupfinder daily then warzones should only give credit for completing the warzone dailies. Then bump them up to 1k per daily (without the bonus the groupfinder reward is 1k). It's only fair.

1K...daily...6 days only?! How would a PvPer ever hit the 35k if that were to happen? Would the weekly offer 30K?

How about this...no FP rewards more than 500 points, including bonus boss and it can be repeated? That make you happier? There's no queue for you to wait in so you should be able to blow this out in no time.

Conquest should be an aspect of the game that encourages everyone to not only play the game but be able to play the game focusing on the playstyle that they enjoy while being able to contribute a fair amount of conquest to their guild. In the current state, this is not the case.

I 100% agree the amount that people are able to gain with the 3 flashpoints this week is way out of control and needs to be address, I do not however think the answer is to limit flashpoints objections to only allowing you to contribute to your guilds conquest once a day while warzones/starfighter can be chain run infinitely all day any day during the event.

All options should either be repeatable continuously or limited to just once per day, the points gained should be balanced between the playstyles. I don't see how they can't somehow limit your ability to gain conquest from flashpoints on content that is not on par with your toon level (IE- exclude level 55 toons from gaining conquest from anything other than level 55 flashpoints).

I understand certain events/planets are going to cater to a playstyle and there is nothing wrong with that (IE - Makeb having the wz bonus), that isn't my issue with the events so far at all. It's the lack of ways to continue working on conquest in a PvE playstyle.

-If I am someone who enjoys crafting, I can crank out a ton of war supplies and earn conquest while doing so, great!

-If I am someone who enjoys startfighter or warzones, I can continuously queue and earn conquest while doing so, again great!

-If I am someone who enjoys raiding, I need to put in a LOT more time to earn any conquest (IE - have to finish the entire raid zone) considering the time invested ends up being less conquest than the 2 options above, not so great.

-If I am someone who enjoys flashpoints, like raiding, not so great.

There has to be a way for them to balance between all of the options, rather than just limiting some. I do not want to see them take away pvp-ers or crafters abilities to contribute, I would just like to see a better way for pve-ers to contribute.

I don't see how PvP players being able to infinitely gather conquest points through repeatable warzone objectives is fair. PvP guilds already have massive advantage for doing what they are normally doing anyway - PvP. An endgame raiding guild doesn't even get recognition for completing Hard and Nightmare mode operations.

And let's not even start to compare the organization and preparation effort and the time required to actually complete such an operation to being rewarded for a 15 minutes warzone even if you lose it and have performed abysmally.

Unless I am misunderstanding the Conquest events and in fact they are a PvP centric feature with some side elements.

Really? look at how many PvE objectives there are out there and the rewards for them. Not to mention the commanders being a PvE mechanic. 500 points to a wz completion which you have to wait for a pop to get into. Vs 2000 points from a FP you can farm over and over with no wait.

There has to be a way for them to balance between all of the options, rather than just limiting some. I do not want to see them take away pvp-ers or crafters abilities to contribute, I would just like to see a better way for pve-ers to contribute.

I agree completely. All playstyles need to be balanced out far more than they currently are. PvE is so far beyond PvP right now that it'd be stupid to even think of setting foot in a WZ for points (this week).

Really? look at how many PvE objectives there are out there and the rewards for them. Not to mention the commanders being a PvE mechanic. 500 points to a wz completion which you have to wait for a pop to get into. Vs 2000 points from a FP you can farm over and over with no wait.

You missed my point of saying that I want them to balance the amount of points awarded between all three. Yes, when you look at the objectives it looks like a ton of PvE options, but most of them are limited to once per legacy.... So yea i complete one worth 2000 conquest, and I can't do it again on another toon (an example of this is the commanders). I can kill them again, but I won't gain any more conquest for doing so.

I don't want to see them remove the option for pvp-ers to continue to get points for warzones, I just think it would be fair to allow pve-ers to get points for continually running flashpoints (that are of an appropriate level for them) and gain around the same amount of finishing a warzone.

You missed my point of saying that I want them to balance the amount of points awarded between all three. Yes, when you look at the objectives it looks like a ton of PvE options, but most of them are limited to once per legacy.... So yea i complete one worth 2000 conquest, and I can't do it again on another toon (an example of this is the commanders). I can kill them again, but I won't gain any more conquest for doing so.

I don't want to see them remove the option for pvp-ers to continue to get points for warzones, I just think it would be fair to allow pve-ers to get points for continually running flashpoints (that are of an appropriate level for them) and gain around the same amount of finishing a warzone.

I wasn't addressing you. And I agree on this point.

Exactly this. Let's let the PvP guilds steamroll the queue with their premades and get infinite rewards, but the PvE guilds are screwed since the flashpoints are one-time only and the Operations rewards are laughable for the effort involved. :mad:

I call it screwing over the PVE player. Not sure what BW will call it.

Probably working as intended.

There was one warzone mission this week, and about 5 starfighter missions. For PVE there's heroics, flashpoints, and operations (am I missing any repeatable?). So that's 6 PVP vs 3 PVE?

I like how you count each of the PvP objectives individually, then take all the PvE objectives and lump them together into groups so as to make it appear like PvP has twice as many options as PvE does this cycle.

However, according to the Dulfy list, there are 16 individual PvE objectives for Conquest in Hyperspace, not counting crafting:

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planetary-conquests-guide/#Conquest_Clash_in_Hyperspace

Oh, and there's only five PvP objectives this time, so there are 3x as many PvE options as PvP.

In fact, of those five, one of them is only achievable every 4-5 games for even the best players (earn 50 medals), one of them can be done only every 10 games, assuming a 100% win percentage, and a third is the weekly, which can only be done once per character. There are basically only two easily repeatable PvP objectives (WZ match/GSF match), and each earns a mere 2k/hour assuming near-instant pops - pre-bonus, of course.

Uh huh, it's also not what I wrote lol.

Right, but to drag this argument on, people need to paraphrase you in ways that make you look crazy, and then you're forced to defend yourself from things you never said...that's just how it works around here and if you don't like it, you can find another game forum to post in....;)