Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just condolidated my mats onto toons I really plan to use them for. It took about five minutes. They filled probably three or four bays across toons.

I asked myself, is 50 million credits worth five minutes of convenience?

The "No" reply came so fast it got an audition to play the Flash in the new Justice League movie.

I just condolidated my mats onto toons I really plan to use them for. It took about five minutes. They filled probably three or four bays across toons.

I asked myself, is 50 million credits worth five minutes of convenience?

The "No" reply came so fast it got an audition to play the Flash in the new Justice League movie.

lol... did it get the part?

First bay is free? All I'll ever use anyway. Thanks BW. :)

^this

- cheaper and more convenient than sending mail with 6 attachments

- even better it´s like sending a mail with 80 attachments and every alt can grab what he needs

major improvement and FREE

indeed thanks BW

^this

- cheaper and more convenient than sending mail with 6 attachments

- even better it´s like sending a mail with 80 attachments and every alt can grab what he needs

major improvement and FREE

indeed thanks BW

I just have one question. its a genuine question, since I spent very little time on PTS and didn't have a chance to check.

is there acess to personal cargo hold inside strongholds? or is it just legacy one?

it is important, because if it isn't, then you have to travel between at a minimum your ship and stronghold, possibly more than once, just to transfer some items. unless you are transferring legacy gear between characters in which case, you save an extra mail, but add extra travel time TO stronghold to pick that stuff up.

you know... the more I think about current functionality of a legacy storage, the more I realize that even if it was cheaper, it could still use work even without shared credit bank. like adding acess points to our ships and fleet, at least (unless those are already added? )

Edited by Jeweledleah

I just have one question. its a genuine question, since I spent very little time on PTS and didn't have a chance to check.

is there acess to personal cargo hold inside strongholds? or is it just legacy one?

it is important, because if it isn't, then you have to travel between at a minimum your ship and stronghold, possibly more than once, just to transfer some items. unless you are transferring legacy gear between characters in which case, you save an extra mail, but add extra travel time TO stronghold to pick that stuff up.

You have to acquire the regular bank decoration, unlike the legacy bank which you get free for the initial quest. But yeah, you can put access to a regular bank, guild bank, legacy bank, mail, GTN, and modification table in your stronghold. All next to each other if you wish.

You have to acquire the regular bank decoration, unlike the legacy bank which you get free for the initial quest. But yeah, you can put access to a regular bank, guild bank, legacy bank, mail, GTN, and modification table in your stronghold. All next to each other if you wish.

Now I know what the balcony on my Nar Shaddaa stronghold will look like. :D

ok. that will make that one tab I'll have slightly more useful, thank you

Legacy Storage It's quite the QoL improvement.

This is the first time in this game, that the developers actually give people a long term thing to achieve with credits. Everything, and I mean everything, has been easily obtainable so far. Personally I think the full tabs Legacy Storage is a tad expensive, but on the other hand, it's nice to have something that one needs to possibly work for. :)

I work far too much in real life to desire to do anything remotely like work in a game. People need to get over themselves and this whole "work" thing. If you can't find a way to achieve satisfaction playing a game without "Working" then perhaps gaming is not the hobby you should pursue. There are far too many conveniences that are far too expensive in this game already, and this is just another one on the list.

Edited by TravelersWay

I work far too much in real life to desire to do anything remotely like work in a game. People need to get over themselves and this whole "work" thing. If you can find a way to achieve satisfaction playing a game without "Working" then perhaps gaming is not the hobby you should pursue. There are far too many conveniences that are far too expensive in this game already, and this is just another one on the list.

Everything you do in the game requires effort and time. It's not like you're sitting there, unmoving, unthinking, while the game "services" you to give you enjoyment.

The only reason you don't call that effort and time "work" is that you enjoy doing it, by enjoying the activity itself, by enjoying the reward that comes at the end of the activity, or by both.

So don't think of the path to acquire "whatever" in the game as "work" if it's something you want.

If it's not something you want, you're not going to pursue it anyway, and the whole discussion isn't terribly relevant, is it? ;)

Edited by DarthTHC

Can someone explain to me what the perfect legacy storage entails? Like if they made it cheaper, it all of a sudden becomes perfect or were people expecting more tabs than 5? I see it as nothing more than storing items I might use on another toon at a later date. Everything else I will still use the mail system for quick transfers. So if someone can explain to me what would make this function perfect, I'd be grateful because I really don't get the outrage at this point except people don't want to spend credits on something they don't even really need. Edited by Drox

Can someone explain to me what the perfect legacy storage entails? Like if they made it cheaper, it all of a sudden becomes perfect or were people expecting more tabs than 5? I see it as nothing more than storing items I might use on another toon at a later date. Everything else I will still use the mail system for quick transfers. So if someone can explain to me what would make this function perfect, I'd be grateful because I really don't get the outrage at this point except people don't want to spend credits on something they don't even really need.

More tabs is always good. :) But nothing is ever perfect. The free legacy storage we are getting is pretty nice, even if making it bigger is expensive.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Can someone explain to me what the perfect legacy storage entails? Like if they made it cheaper, it all of a sudden becomes perfect or were people expecting more tabs than 5? I see it as nothing more than storing items I might use on another toon at a later date. Everything else I will still use the mail system for quick transfers. So if someone can explain to me what would make this function perfect, I'd be grateful because I really don't get the outrage at this point except people don't want to spend credits on something they don't even really need.

Well... I don't have outrage, but I've been saying that I'm not interested in it at its current price.

Its current utility is to make the life of a crafter marginally more simple than what we're doing now - mailing materials around our alts.

For that marginal utility, the first (free) tab is awesome. The second (5 million credit) tab is insanely overpriced, and the full (50 million) tab set is... well... stupid.

I mean, this thing can save me maybe 15 minutes a week. That's the extent of its utility. 50 million? That's a lot of full weeks worth of sales. Cost doesn't even come close to lining up with value. I'd rather give away a guild ship randomly than buy that.

If the price were more in line with its actual value, then I'd consider using it. I would probably buy it, though I'd still consider it over-spending, if the whole thing were 5 million instead of 50.

Others might tell you they want it to store things it currently cannot (character bound items), and thereby allow them to transfer items between characters that they currently cannot. I have no desire for that.

If the price were more in line with its actual value, then I'd consider using it. I would probably buy it, though I'd still consider it over-spending, if the whole thing were 5 million instead of 50..

So it really just comes down to people not liking how much it cost? If so, I don't think making it cheaper would really make it more useful. If anything we'd unlock easier then complain how it isn't enough storage. I guess in the end they should have just added the option for 5 more cargo tabs that add up to 50 mil (Well lets be honest, it would be worth more than 50 mil lol). Since that would give a lot more space over a lot more toons.

Edited by Drox

Well, I fear I must finally admit defeat and join the "legacy storage is a complete waste of time" crowd. I didn't agree with the ones who wanted it to be a way of circumventing binding, but I unfortunately find myself on the same side as them now.

One by one the folks who are happy with the system seem to be falling by the wayside.

I'll agree with this, its too small and too expensive to be that useful for crafting. I expected them to be closer in cost to Cargo Bays, with a small premium for being Legacy Wide.

So it really just comes down to people not liking how much it cost? If so, I don't think making it cheaper would really make it more useful. If anything we'd unlock easier then complain how it isn't enough storage. I guess in the end they should have just added the option for 5 more cargo tabs that add up to 50 mil (Well lets be honest, it would be worth more than 50 mil lol). Since that would give a lot more space over a lot more toons.

Sort of. More accurately, it's that the cost doesn't line up with the value.

Say you're looking for a car. Say someone offers you a 17 year old Yugo for $174,985. Gonna buy it?

If the price comes down to $74.95, the Yugo doesn't lose any of its capabilities or usefulness. It's still the same Yugo. You can still drive it (sort of) and it will still get you from Point A to Point B (sometimes). But now it's priced at a point that makes sense relative to the value it offers.

Can the Legacy Unlocks (bought for CCs) be sold on the GTN like people do with the regular Cargo Bay and Inventory slots, and other unlocks?

I don't think you can get CCs on the PTS, so it's hard to say for sure. My guess is that unless you can buy it directly from the market (instead of from the "expand" button) then you probably can't.

I work far too much in real life to desire to do anything remotely like work in a game. People need to get over themselves and this whole "work" thing. If you can't find a way to achieve satisfaction playing a game without "Working" then perhaps gaming is not the hobby you should pursue. There are far too many conveniences that are far too expensive in this game already, and this is just another one on the list.

its like going to the park and being told you have to mow the grass before you can use it. Or buying tickets to a baseball game and when you get there they tell you that you have to clean the toilets before you can watch the game. otherwise you wont "value" the experience.

its like going to the park and being told you have to mow the grass before you can use it. Or buying tickets to a baseball game and when you get there they tell you that you have to clean the toilets before you can watch the game. otherwise you wont "value" the experience.

^ This post, for the win...

Yep, those people who think we should have to "work" for our fun in this game... really need to think about what they are saying...