Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is to me. The extremely conveinet travel options for the Strongholds mean I'll be reserving space in my Legacy Storage for about 125 180-ish Bound-to-Legacy armors and weapons - 4 Willpower sets, 4 Aim sets, 2 Strength sets, 3 Cunning sets, plus a few extra weapons and offhands in Aim and Cunning.

With that, whenever I want to run an alt, if they and/or the companion I want to use are not wearing the right gear, I can just QT to my Stronghold, gear them up, and then pop back to where I was, or the Fleet, or the planet my Stronghold is on, or my ship. Two load screens and I'm good to go - no mailing gear back and forth. When play time is over, I'll pop back to the Stronghold and put the gear back on the racks.

There will also be medpacks, stims, adrenals, grenades, boosts, and other consumables there, as will as unique items like grappling guns. Everything I need to gear up for a mission. Legacy Storage will be a shared arsenal.

And then I'll want at least two tab for mats. I may not be able to put all of my mats there, but I don't need to: because mats come out of a toons inventory and ship locker first, the Legacy Storage mats act as shared reserve. Each crafter can still keep their own mats, but if they run out of something, rather than hunt more down among my toons, the crafter will just automatically draw from Legacy Storage.

Yeah, I am really looking forward to the huge QoL improvement this will bring me and a lot of my fellow alt-a-holics. I'm thinking a combination of 5 million credits and $60 to unlock all the tabs will be worth it to me. YMMV.

That's all well and good for you and we're happy if you enjoy it.

But 90% of us haven't made dozens of filled Bound to Legacy marked gear that fills multiple storage bays simply due to sheer number. Seriously, that's a huge outlier: most people only buy Legacy gear they like or 1 peice for the sheer purpose of transferring mods around. So they don't have like 12 Bound to Legacy helmets that need storage.

From the sounds of it the 80 bays you get for free won't even cover half of what you want to put in you've got so many, and that's just BoL gear!

all I hear is a bunch of people whining that they can't get the stuff for free.

I put this really bluntly for you then.

I can get better storage for free by making a new lvl 1 character than I can investing 50 mil

This "Legacy Storage new feature so good!" thing has just been disappointment after disappointment and at this point I wish they'd just upped the regular Cargo cap from 5 bays to 10. It took me all but like 10 minutes to move all my Legacy gear/currency to a single character for easy "oh they're all here if I need them" which is exactly a "big point" of Legacy Storage. And I have 23/24 character slots filled.

I'm not a crafter and I have barely any materials, yet I have 2 full bays despite that on my main alone, so 5 bays of Legacy storage won't help me there either. If I'm not a crafter yet I have that much I'm not sure how an actual crafter could even fit all their main's items into 5 bays either.

Now if Legacy Storage allowed you to place BOUND items into your Legacy, then sure, such a huge cost would make sense. But it's just a glorified mail system so no I'll just keep mailing things around and save myself millions.

Edited by Transairion

I put this really bluntly for you then.

I can get better storage for free by making a new lvl 1 character than I can investing 50 mil

Yes, you can. So... your point is?

Make a new level 1 character as a bank alt (used to call them "mules" in eq1), problem solved.

No need for outrage, you have the solution to your dilemma in front of you. Act on it.

I'm using the free slot and that's it. Nothing to be upset about, I'm not missing out on anything.

Repeat after me: It's. Only. Storage. Space.

and...

SERENITY NOW!

Edited by mokkh

Sort of. More accurately, it's that the cost doesn't line up with the value.

Say you're looking for a car. Say someone offers you a 17 year old Yugo for $174,985. Gonna buy it?

If the price comes down to $74.95, the Yugo doesn't lose any of its capabilities or usefulness. It's still the same Yugo. You can still drive it (sort of) and it will still get you from Point A to Point B (sometimes). But now it's priced at a point that makes sense relative to the value it offers.

^ This...

A 17 year old rusted out Yugo is still worth more than $74.95 in scrap metal... but no one in their right mind would pay the first figure for one. :)

Make a new level 1 character as a bank alt (used to call them "mules" in eq1), problem solved.

No need for outrage, you have the solution to your dilemma in front of you. Act on it.

I'm using the free slot and that's it. Nothing to be upset about, I'm not missing out on anything.

and...

Er, I've already got more space than I can possibly need.

All I'm trying to say is everyone who wants to defend 50 million credits for 5 bays that are more limited then regular cargo is kidding themselves, just buy Cargo Bay Unlock (Account Wide)'s for credits till you hit the 5 max then if you STILL need space, start a new lvl 1 character and use them for storage.

You'll save like 45 million credits at the cost of minutes of convenience time where you have to mail. Which you've had to do for the past few years anyway so...

They can make Legacy Storage not cost so much, or make it WORTH that cost by allowing bound items to go in but at the moment the cost far far far outweighs the actual gain. If it remains as in I'll just shuffle some Legacy items into there instead and probably never think about it again.

But heck if my advice saves someone 50 million credits then I'm all for it.

and...

SERENITY NOW!

and there I thought bioware introduced expandable legacy storage so that it would be, i don't know used by people? I guess I was wrong and it was added to discourage most people from getting anything past that first free bay... that's so... logical. no, not really.

maybe some people are outraged (by this bait and switch) yet others, like me are.. bemused I suppose is a good word. flabbergasted? at bioware's choice of pricing. becasue it really makes no logical sense, which is why we are questioning it.

as for your video example. did you actualy watch it (not to mention - full episode)? as hilarious as it is, the whole point of it that bottling up your emotions behind empty mantras was the opposite of helpful.

Er, I've already got more space than I can possibly need.

All I'm trying to say is everyone who wants to defend 50 million credits for 5 bays that are more limited then regular cargo is kidding themselves, just buy Cargo Bay Unlock (Account Wide)'s for credits till you hit the 5 max then if you STILL need space, start a new lvl 1 character and use them for storage.

You'll save like 45 million credits at the cost of minutes of convenience time where you have to mail. Which you've had to do for the past few years anyway so...

They can make Legacy Storage not cost so much, or make it WORTH that cost by allowing bound items to go in but at the moment the cost far far far outweighs the actual gain. If it remains as in I'll just shuffle some Legacy items into there instead and probably never think about it again.

But heck if my advice saves someone 50 million credits then I'm all for it.

Totally agree, it's indefensible. And so I'm using the freebie and the rest can rot.

Someone on my server is selling a rancor for 35M, not exactly what I called priced to move but... someone will probably end up shelling out the creds for it.

Things don't always make sense in a virtual video game world. /shrug

and there I thought bioware introduced expandable legacy storage so that it would be, i don't know used by people? I guess I was wrong and it was added to discourage most people from getting anything past that first free bay... that's so... logical. no, not really.

maybe some people are outraged (by this bait and switch) yet others, like me are.. bemused I suppose is a good word. flabbergasted? at bioware's choice of pricing. becasue it really makes no logical sense, which is why we are questioning it.

as for your video example. did you actualy watch it (not to mention - full episode)? as hilarious as it is, the whole point of it that bottling up your emotions behind empty mantras was the opposite of helpful.

Yes, I watched the full episode. Thanks for rehashing the interpretation as though I didn't understand it.

it was a:

joke

Oh they get stuff for free. Just not as much as they seem to want

Well we get, what, 80 slots/1 bay for free is it?

As a non-crafter player, I have 2 full bays of crafting materials. So I can't use my Legacy Storage for my mats.

I also have most of a/more than a full bay of BoL stuff, so can only just/not use that either but I could already mail them around super easy.

I have way more unbound Cartel Gear than I could fit in 5 Bays so well you know.

Sure a "free" 80 slots of their big feature is all well and good, but when I can also get 400 slots just by pressing "Create Character" and it'll function basically the same, well... I'll stick with the 400.

50 million for 800 Legacy Storage spots (10 bays)? Now that might be worth it. But not 5 when I already get 5 with my Cargo across every character. At the very least crafters could heap a LOT of stuff into 10 bays.

I have to agree to BuriDogshin and Infernixx over this issue. I'll support whatever decision Bioware made and will call out anyone who disagree with Bioware.

I don't see BW as the ultimate authority on what's reasonable or not. They are a company, not king Solomon.

It's beneficial for BW to stretch grind as far as they can because repetition or grind means that they have to put out less actual content. So I am not going to encourage them just to do whatever they want but rather let them know where I stand on this.

Once their decision is made everybody else will make theirs. At this stage I hope they will do what's best and that will include balancing what different player groups want/need so I will not get all I want but the difference is that I hope they will do that and not that I trust they will do that.

I don't see BW as the ultimate authority on what's reasonable or not. They are a company, not king Solomon.

It's beneficial for BW to stretch grind as far as they can because repetition or grind means that they have to put out less actual content. So I am not going to encourage them just to do whatever they want but rather let them know where I stand on this.

Once their decision is made everybody else will make theirs. At this stage I hope they will do what's best and that will include balancing what different player groups want/need so I will not get all I want but the difference is that I hope they will do that and not that I trust they will do that.

They do, however, have something none of us have.

An insight to the economy of the players in the game and their spending habits.

And it seems that with all their data they have deemed that 50 million is a price that enough players will agree to pay.

And it seems that with all their data they have deemed that 50 million is a price that enough players will agree to pay.

I think they have calculated that the playerbase has enough to buy one or two slots to tease them into spending 5000 cartel coins to unlock the rest.

It is all about making money