Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

Sorry but this is what I mean with poor reading skills.

Lead with an insult, good, good!

I assume you know the difference between being dumb and doing something dumb. I said that the way they handled it was dumb.

Ah, irrelevant hair splitting, how amusing. I'll let the audience figure out how much it matters.

So, are you justified in calling something someone does "dumb" merely because of how you feel about it?

When you apparently have no expertise in the relevant field at all?

Here's an apparently analogous position to yours, BTW:

"Watson and Crick propose that DNA has a double helix structure?

That's just dumb, because of how I feel about it, even though I know nothing about biochemistry."

Think that's an unrealistic analogy?_ Well, ponder this: "Creation Science."

"Feelings, nothing more than feelings ... woah woah woah" -- as sung by Carol Burnett

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ignore list looks a lot like mine.

Is it appropriate to advertise that you are burying your head in the sand, or that you refuse to even considering viewpoints that differ from your own?

Feel free to do it, but posting that you do so to the forums seems another thing entirely.

Lead with an insult, good, good!

Ah, irrelevant hair splitting, how amusing. I'll let the audience figure out how much it matters.

It's not hair splitting. It's a rather signifcant difference.

Audience? ...now that's actually amusing and rather telling. But hey, you could've just told me you wanted to be in the company of Infernixx and DarthTHC. Consider that done.

Unless I can place BOUND items into a Legacy Bank and allow another character to take those items and use them, this will NEVER be worth it to me. 50,000,000 credits???? I have been playing this game since Launch and I have never had more than 5,000,000 credits over several toons at any given time.

I have never met anyone who has ever had more than 20,000,000 credits let alone 50? ABSURD!

Unless I can place BOUND items into a Legacy Bank and allow another character to take those items and use them, this will NEVER be worth it to me. 50,000,000 credits???? I have been playing this game since Launch and I have never had more than 5,000,000 credits over several toons at any given time.

I have never met anyone who has ever had more than 20,000,000 credits let alone 50? ABSURD!

Not to worry. Current rumor on the next PTR build that original price has been reduced by about 90%. It might not turn out to be 100% correct as it is PTR but you can bet it wont be 50 million now.

Unless I can place BOUND items into a Legacy Bank and allow another character to take those items and use them, this will NEVER be worth it to me.

There's something way off on your logic here.

The first tab is free. If the legacy bank allowed transfer of BoP, you could do that with the free tab.

What would the price unlocking all 5 tabs have anything to do with moving BoP gear around AT ALL?

It's not hair splitting. It's a rather signifcant difference.

Audience? ...now that's actually amusing and rather telling. But hey, you could've just told me you wanted to be in the company of Infernixx and DarthTHC. Consider that done.

So rather than answer the question, of whether you calling BW's PR work "dumb" was appropriate, you post just another attempted insult. Your attempt is a fail, I'm afraid. While I do not always agree with Infernixx and DarthTHC, who also don't always agree with each other, I am pleased to be considered in their company. Thanks. I am not so sure they'll appreciate being in mine though. :)

And now, apparently, you won't reads my responses to your posts -- but other people will. That's just fine: other people were and always are the intended audience anyway. That's why people post rather than using PMs. You apparently don't understand that.

And that, folks, is part of why I consider it foolish to advertise who is on your ignore list. For the sake of a cheap attempt at an insult, you set yourself up for diverse kinds of embarrassment. And the people you ignore, heck most forum readers for that matter, probably do not care, because you and your opinion are, in all likelihood, just not important to them.

Edited by BuriDogshin

I see what you mean but you may not have as many alts as others or simply are more organised. I also won't need to put all mats in legacy storage, but particularly shared mats like scavenging, underworld trading and archeology mats are used by multiple crew skills.

I also would want to put my legacy gear in there for transferring mods. I tell you with 21 characters things get "lost" sometimes. Also items like hydrothinners and such are handy to have in a central place.

It really just depends on the person how they want to use it.

For me it's 18 characters on my main server with 9 of them as crafters. (I rearranged who had what crew skills a while back to make better use of some of the companions' bonuses to criticals (since I have a fair number of characters with access to all of their companions now), and I wanted 2 each for synth, arms, and armor so I could have separate lists for gear crafters and augment crafters. I also specifically chose only one augment crafter to make the augment kits so I could keep the components all in one place.)

Each crafter has 2 bays with materials and they are sorted out pretty clearly. (first line is grade 1, second line is grade 2, etc.) I've been building up my stockpiles so some of those bays are starting to get packed full (the ones with green mats anyway, blue/purple stuff is more like half a bay). It's probably somewhere around 12-13 full bays worth of materials totaled up between them all.

So... yeah... A big part of why I was looking at planning this out was just to see, if the unlock costs really turned out to be as high as we've been hearing (comments in this thread have mentioned that it might end up being a lot cheaper?), how few legacy bays could I get away with to get some of the crafting convenience out of it while still providing some room for anything else besides materials. I worked out a basic idea of how I might sort things out in the legacy bays and I got to see how much space that would take up. I could slim it down by excluding the green mats and the grade 1 stuff to make it 2 bays of mats with plenty of room to spare for a few random things on the second page, if I don't want to unlock more space than that right away.

It might have been a nice PR move for them to openly discuss the changes. I would point out, though, that in lieu of an absence of PR for this chance we can most certainly pick up the slack, like we have been doing IMO.

I think the community is spreading the word rather effectively at present.

So rather than answer the question, of whether you calling BW's PR work "dumb" was appropriate, you post just another attempted insult. Your attempt is a fail, I'm afraid. While I do not always agree with Infernixx and DarthTHC, who also don't always agree with each other, I am pleased to be considered in their company. Thanks. I am not so sure they'll appreciate being in mine though. :)

And now, apparently, you won't reads my responses to your posts -- but other people will. That's just fine: other people were and always are the intended audience anyway. That's why people post rather than using PMs. You apparently don't understand that.

And that, folks, is part of why I consider it foolish to advertise who is on your ignore list. For the sake of a cheap attempt at an insult, you set yourself up for diverse kinds of embarrassment. And the people you ignore, heck most forum readers for that matter, probably do not care, because you and your opinion are, in all likelihood, just not important to them.

I appreciate being in the company of any who can debate from a thoughtful, logical, fact-based position, regardless whether or not they agree with me. I'll let you figure out if that means you. :p

For me ..... It's probably somewhere around 12-13 full bays worth of materials totaled up between them all.

Wow. Nicely done. And here I thought I was bad when it came to mats / crafting. You should make a killing once craft able / place able items hit the market.