Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

Not when you know their posting history (and no, I don't have to check their history manually, I know most people's posting history just by being here alot).

He is definately being sarcastic.

Sure, after reading your posting in pretty much every thread in existence I guess I've learn something to just play along and agree with everything BW did.

No point voicing concern, since you and your posse will pretty much derailed every thread that have any amount of criticism toward the company.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, after reading your posting in pretty much every thread in existence I guess I've learn something to just play along and agree with everything BW did.

No point voicing concern, since you and your posse will pretty much derailed every thread that have any amount of criticism toward the company.

No you can voice concerns. But It would be silly to think you shouldn't have your concerns counter-argued though. That's not how discussions work.

They do, however, have something none of us have.

An insight to the economy of the players in the game and their spending habits.

And it seems that with all their data they have deemed that 50 million is a price that enough players will agree to pay.

Ahh but their concerns may not match my concerns.

And one other thing. I will give you this in the form of a small story.

A girl is going on a school trip. The teacher explains that they need to bring 25 bucks themselves for food expenses and such.

So the girl goes home and asks her dad for 100 bucks for the school trip. The dad about chokes on his coffee and says: no way, young lady, you're not getting more than 50 bucks.

The girl was happy with having twice as much as she needed.

This story explains a principle that companies and politics use. It's a negotiation tactic.

Often people set extra high numbers to see what they can get away with. There is no way to tell that BW is not trying this sort of tactic and I suppose I would think less of them if they didn't.

I just don't assume that anybody has my best interest at heart. That would be unfair to myself. I am sure BW has metrics but they might've thought that they could get enough people to accept 15 million for the last tab if they open with 20 and then people will praise them for lowering it to 15...and in the mean time their metrics showed 10 million would've been enough.

Honestly, this sort of thing happens all over the place. It's not unusual at all.

Edited by Tsillah

I think they have calculated that the playerbase has enough to buy one or two slots to tease them into spending 5000 cartel coins to unlock the rest.

It is all about making money

"the playerbase" is widely varied.

I think that they have calculated that the richest 10% of the playerbase can buy the unlocks outright.

about 30% or so could buy the first 1-2 and might be willing to buy the rest with CC.

30% will only buy the first 1-2 and not buy the rest at all.

And 30% won't even buy the first one.

But people here are complaining because they believe that 100% should be able to buy it all outright without spending a single CC (or even be motivated to spend it).

That's not how business works.

I think that they have calculated that the richest 10% of the playerbase can buy the unlocks outright.

about 30% or so could buy the first 1-2 and might be willing to buy the rest with CC.

Maybe, maybe not.

But people here are complaining because they believe that 100% should be able to buy it all outright without spending a single CC (or even be motivated to spend it).

I do love your generalisations. Well actually I despise them with a passion.

Oh was it not meant as a generalisation? Then please confirm that.

Because I will tell you that I certainly never said what you claim "people" are complaining about. I do think it would be fair in this conversation that you are more specific about who these people are, because otherwise you are generalising and then it's a flat out lie because not everybody who's complaining about it asks what you suggest.

Funny then that there have been multiple "10%rs" in here saying that while they can buy it outright multiple times over they won't even touch it. Their target audience isn't even interested. That's bad business.

Having a community that protests against the prices is not how business works either.

Perhaps they should listen to the feedback because a happy customer spends more.

If they lower the prices they will surely see that more buy what they sell

I think history shows that companies that manage to market and sell a few pet rocks lose their customer base very fast. Maybe BW's realized that they have a sinking ship and are just trying to get as far as they can with it or maybe they've got creative people thinking the best way to save it is to shoot more holes in the hull and convert it into a submarine when it's under water (which never works btw). Edited by Savej

^ This...

A 17 year old rusted out Yugo is still worth more than $74.95 in scrap metal... but no one in their right mind would pay the first figure for one. :)

Then don't buy it. No one here cares what you do with your pixel money.

I think history shows that companies that manage to market and sell a few pet rocks lose their customer base very fast. Maybe BW's realized that they have a sinking ship and are just trying to get as far as they can with it or maybe they've got people thinking the best way to save it is to shoot more holes in the hull and convert it into a submarine when it's under water (which never works btw).

So all this hype for the upcoming expansion is a lie?

The 50 million for 10 banks makes no sense when for a significantly smaller amount you can expand to five tabs on EACH character. As somebody wiser than me said, "Why pay that amount when I can get 400 slots just by hitting 'create character'"?

It's an even more puzzling situation when you consider the limitations on "legacy storage".

The 50 million for 10 banks makes no sense when for a significantly smaller amount you can expand to five tabs on EACH character. As somebody wiser than me said, "Why pay that amount when I can get 400 slots just by hitting 'create character'"?

It's an even more puzzling situation when you consider the limitations on "legacy storage".

It's a QoL convenience, saving you the time and trouble of searching your banks for whatever it is you're looking for to send to your characters. If you don't think it's worth the credits then don't use it.

So all this hype for the upcoming expansion is a lie?

All what hype? I've seen a few passing references to it from devs/community-reps and LOTS of player inquiries. I'm sure it will happen, or something will, but have yet to see if it's as good as Makeb even (which didn't do too much for subs).

Edited by Savej

It's a QoL convenience, saving you the time and trouble of searching your banks for whatever it is you're looking for to send to your characters. If you don't think it's worth the credits then don't use it.

There is a reason why there are laws against cartel business in real life.

If you understand why those laws exist, you understand why your reasoning is too simplistic.

What do you think if washing machines suddenly became 10 times more expensive than they are now and you had the choice of paying that ridiculous price or doing your laundry by hand, would you not complain about it? If not, I find you a very strange person.

If you understand why those laws exist, you understand why your reasoning is too simplistic.

What do you think if washing machines suddenly became 10 times more expensive than they are now and you had the choice of paying that ridiculous price or doing your laundry by hand, would you not complain about it? If not, I find you a very strange person.

The thing is tho, that this isn't something we already had which was then increased in price.

Your analogy would be more in the line with "what if after doing laundry by hand all your life, washing machines were suddenly introduced to the market, but they cost much more than you want to pay for them. Would you complain about it? Or just keep washing your laundry by hand?"

Of course, in this case it would be more like "washing machines were introduced to the market and you get one for free, but it can only fit 10 items of clothing at the same time. Larger versions are available but they are gradually more expensive. Do you complain about the biggest one being out of your price range?"

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Normal storage isn't having its priced raised at all. Your argument is invalid. Further, it's a silly argument.

The thing is tho, that this isn't something we already had which was then increased in price.

Your analogy would be more in the line with "what if after doing laundry by hand all your life, washing machines were suddenly introduced to the market, but they cost much more than you want to pay for them. Would you complain about it? Or just keep washing your laundry by hand?"

Of course, in this case it would be more like "washing machines were introduced to the market and you get one for free, but it can only fit 10 items of clothing at the same time. Larger versions are available but they are gradually more expensive. Do you complain about the biggest one being out of your price range?"

Except we know legacy storage from other games and they have a variety of prices. All I am saying with this that there are references we have and use based on previous experiences in this game and other games. Once you feel something is overpriced you want to negotiate the price.

What you need to understand is that for a number of people these prices are way out there. I just look at the value of it and what it does and compare it to other things in game and see a discrepancy.

Except we know legacy storage from other games and they have a variety of prices. All I am saying with this that there are references we have and use based on previous experiences in this game and other games. Once you feel something is overpriced you want to negotiate the price.

What you need to understand is that for a number of people these prices are way out there. I just look at the value of it and what it does and compare it to other things in game and see a discrepancy.

This isn't 'other games.' This is TOR and if they want to run LS like this, then they have all the right in the world to do so. Using other games as reason to do things a certain way isn't a very solid argument since no two games are alike enough to use others as justification for fluff like this.

Also, 'value' is a subjective term. You personally may not find much value in it, but I might think that it's the best thing invented since sliced bread.

Normal storage isn't having its priced raised at all. Your argument is invalid. Further, it's a silly argument.

Whatever.

All I am saying is that when you have a reason to believe something is priced higher than its value, you will want the price to come down. You just focus on the part that isn't an exact match in the analogy and ignore the parts that matter. Nice try.

I've had legacy storage in other games, some were overpriced some weren't. This classes in the overpriced area for me based on what I've seen in other games. It's not a brand new feature for me as such. But I also look at costs of things in this games as it's been so far and I've never seen prices like this in SWTOR before so doh. of course I am wondering where the prices of 1 and 2 and 5 million went and we suddenly got serverd with 5, 10, 20 and 50 million.

If you find that a normal increase, nice for you. I don't.

This isn't 'other games.' This is TOR and if they want to run LS like this, then they have all the right in the world to do so. Using other games as reason to do things a certain way isn't a very solid argument since no two games are alike enough to use others as justification for fluff like this.

Also, 'value' is a subjective term. You personally may not find much value in it, but I might think that it's the best thing invented since sliced bread.

Of course it's subjective. That's why people are posting here.

And as much as BW has a right to price things as they want, I have the right to complain about it.

Whatever.

All I am saying is that when you have a reason to believe something is priced higher than its value, you will want the price to come down. You just focus on the part that isn't an exact match in the analogy and ignore the parts that matter. Nice try.

I've had legacy storage in other games, some were overpriced some weren't. This classes in the overpriced area for me based on what I've seen in other games. It's not a brand new feature for me as such. But I also look at costs of things in this games as it's been so far and I've never seen prices like this in SWTOR before so doh. of course I am wondering where the prices of 1 and 2 and 5 million went and we suddenly got serverd with 5, 10, 20 and 50 million.

If you find that a normal increase, nice for you. I don't.

Again, you're talking about something that's inherently subjective. 'Value' has an infinite number of definitions since it's all relative to each person. Your argument comes down to "I think it costs too much so they should lower the cost!" while others are shrugging their shoulders and going "Price is fine to me." The only difference is that the 'too high!' people are screaming and throwing a fit and threatening to quit and stop buying CCs and other stuff if the LS costs aren't lowered.

Buy it, don't buy it, it doesn't matter to me, but I sure wish the dramatical posts and histrionics would stop.

Comparing to other games is a slippery slope.

GW2 for example required real money to unlock the tabs... would that be ok with you? If bioware deleted the credit option entirely and made it all cost CC to unlock?

Because "other games" did that so then it's ok.

Then don't buy it. No one here cares what you do with your pixel money.

BioWare cares, which is the point. If no one buys it then they'll have wasted a ton of development time on something that no one uses.

Yeah, but we don't have to take it seriously.

Good thing that no one cares whether or not you take it seriously then.

Again, you're talking about something that's inherently subjective. 'Value' has an infinite number of definitions since it's all relative to each person. Your argument comes down to "I think it costs too much so they should lower the cost!" while others are shrugging their shoulders and going "Price is fine to me." The only difference is that the 'too high!' people are screaming and throwing a fit and threatening to quit and stop buying CCs and other stuff if the LS costs aren't lowered.

Buy it, don't buy it, it doesn't matter to me, but I sure wish the dramatical posts and histrionics would stop.

Exactly, it's subjective so let people have their opinion and not fight it. If you want the drama to stop, then be more careful in how you post.

It's fine that you are ok with the prices on the pts, but you create the drama as soon as you start being judgmental towards people who find it too expensive and even go as far as to try to prove them wrong.

The whole point is that it's subjective and if people can get BW to adjust prices to what they think is fair, let them do so. No need for you to go against that and be judgmental about it, or does it ruin your gameplay when these things end up costing less?