Since KOTOR: Manaan

TaitWatson

watching the update stream, i noticed several items with a Manaan theme. Specifically, a fern-like plant, and a kolto tank. One of them listed it's source as "Flashpoint: Manaan". so there you have it. Manaan is a flashpoint, likely a level 55 tactical FP, continuing their new story arc with cheap content.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought manaan was scheduled to be the next, part 2 of the forged alliances storyline tactical flashpoint "planet" for 2.9 patch and not a full blown "makeb size" expansion planet like some here are thinking. Though I do agree with a few other people in the community a manaan themed stronghold would be cool to see. Edited by Aussie

watching the update stream, i noticed several items with a Manaan theme. Specifically, a fern-like plant, and a kolto tank. One of them listed it's source as "Flashpoint: Manaan". so there you have it. Manaan is a flashpoint, likely a level 55 tactical FP, continuing their new story arc with cheap content.

I watched the stream as well, and source for that big Selkath Kolto tank was (Cartel market, Gatekepper's pack), but there was a Selkath solar sculpture, sourced as (Flashpoint Manaan), it's on the third SWTOR twitch live stream about strongholds (aired: 17/07/14), minute 47:13...

So as much as I wanted Manaan to be a playable planet, it's a Flashpoint...

Edited by sandisrd

we want to see Manaan, a city, a flash point and a pvp zone with it, some new acitvitys with the city. im sure it wont be just a fp and will have all this stuff, no one should give up hope and write if off as just a new fp, we will learn more as time goes on, I know its gonna be a new great expansion update with good content. the developers listens to the community and they extended the player housing release date because of feed back form the comunity

Just being part of the echo here ... New Planet is welcome with the raise in the Level Cap, Swimming, Underwater Stronghold, Mounts that swim underwater, more immersive Cantinas with minigames like Pazaak and Holochess (Dejarik), and two new playable species.

Good introduction by the way.

Edited by HiddenPalm

Hopefully they will tease something during the stream today...

Btw, I haven't finished playing Kotor, but from what I remember in Kotor era the empire was supposed extinct. How could the empire have an embassy then?

Since no one had bothered to answer you, I will. The Sith that had the embassy there was part of Revan/Malak's Sith Empire and not exactly from the True Sith Empire [aka the Sith Empire of this Game]

Just being part of the echo here ... New Planet is welcome with the raise in the Level Cap, Swimming, Underwater Stronghold, Mounts that swim underwater, more immersive Cantinas with minigames like Pazaak and Holochess (Dejarik), and two new playable species.

Do not set your expectations too high, or you will be sure to be disappointed.

"That was worst things about Christmas for me as a kid: getting underwear instead of a cool Lego Star Wars set. I'd have rage-quit my parents if I could have." -- just kidding, but you get the point. :)

Edited by BuriDogshin

Idk why people crying for a new class or story??? As i know that game is a mmo and not KotOR game cause to play with friends and so is more fun than playing alone.

Only commenting briefly so as not to derail the thread, but people ask for story content because that was the games whole premise originally--meshing story content of single player depth with mmo gameplay. It's what makes swtor unique among mmos. In fact, it *is* Kotor.

Back to Manaan.... Any story content is appreciated, but I hope it has more dialogue and choice opportunities than the introductory segment of the new arc. Don't get me wrong. I loved what was there and it was pretty cool to fight our way through our ruined starter planets, but I'd like to see the next instalment have more dialogue.

I'd also prefer that they move away from tactical fps. They're far too easy, lack strong mechanics, and teach new players horrific gameplay habits. That being said, I suspect they'll bring out at least a couple more so that players who *do* like them will have more GF choices available. I'm ok with that, as long as they beef up the interactions/plot elements. I'll be glad when they start fiving us fps like Kaon and The Foundry again, though.

All in all, very excited about Manaan.

Edited by errant_knight

YES!!! I remember Manaan in KotOR - the visuals of the environment and the world music made it one of the most enjoyable worlds to play through. Somewhat relaxing and peaceful. I know we aren't going to see the exact same world we were unfortunately banished from in KotOR, but I would really LOVE to see some of the same map architectures that were present in kotor. Thank you Devs for bringing us a refreshing dive into this brave new world. Can't wait to see what you guys plan to do with the storyline of the historical progression of Manaan after Revan.

Revan is "canon" (as far as whatever passes in EU for canon) as Light Side male, so that probably did not happen.

Indeed, this was the point of my post. According to the selkath data log, the dark side choice obviously didnt happen. Now we get a second chance(possibly) to ruin the silly fish people's lifeblood! Take that smelly Fish person!

For those that don't know or may not remember

Shuuru was apart of the secret organization Star Cabal that was exposed by the Imperial Agent.

The Plot Thickens :D

I was at one point lead to believe this as well, not to mention that Wookieepedia states as such. However, I believe that is not the case anymore seeing that...

Aside from the mention that both he and another Senator are predictable, nowhere else is ever uttered or implied they were members of the Star Cabal.

In other words, I believe one single line of text was taken way too literally.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I was at one point lead to believe this as well, not to mention that Wookieepedia states as such. However, I believe that is not the case anymore seeing that...

Aside from the mention that both he and another Senator are predictable, nowhere else is ever uttered or implied they were members of the Star Cabal.

In other words, I believe one single line of text was taken way too literally.

Agreed, I never got from it that would indicate Shuuru's allegiances being with someone else but Selkath. And I played Agent story twice (and Consular once, but he could have been faking it there).

Agreed, I never got from it that would indicate Shuuru's allegiances being with someone else but Selkath. And I played Agent story twice (and Consular once, but he could have been faking it there).

Quite honestly, I completely missed the connection the first time around, since I played the Consular story several months(!!!) after the Imperial Agent one.

Regardless, finished the Agent one a couple more times since then and a brighter picture has emerged, including in some other stuff. :D

At least make it a normal flashpoint where heal and tank is required. Those tactical flashpoints are so brainless and lack any sort of challenge. And no challenge=no fun. Bioware always now wants to "appeal to everyone", to "make it alright for everyone" and by this mentality they appeal to nobody. It`s why Dragon Age 2 was such a fail.

Challenge is the keyword here and the tactical flashpoints don`t have any of them.

At least make it a normal flashpoint where heal and tank is required. Those tactical flashpoints are so brainless and lack any sort of challenge. And no challenge=no fun. Bioware always now wants to "appeal to everyone", to "make it alright for everyone" and by this mentality they appeal to nobody. It`s why Dragon Age 2 was such a fail.

Challenge is the keyword here and the tactical flashpoints don`t have any of them.

Why do people keep reminding me such a terrible game exists?

The original DA was such a great and memorable game for me. :(

If Manaan is the next planet I'll be pumped!

No offence, but if Manaan is the next Planet, i'll be PO'd. I would take Kashyyyk over Manaan any time, and it would have the opportunity to have dbl or triple the Content to. If SWTOR is smart enough to make it as good and big a Planet like SWG did, then that would be worth mentioning.

Btw, I heard about Manaan about 6 months ago lol. :p

Why do people keep reminding me such a terrible game exists?

The original DA was such a great and memorable game for me. :(

Yea I feel you.^^

Well that is when you try to cater to everyone, trying to appeal to the COD fans and then Bioware wonders why their forums are filled with trolls. Lol, that logic.

Add to that the rushing and the short production time which shows itself in the game. Well I am not blaming Bioware developers because I get the feeling they are working hard and trying their best, communicating much more and being more honest. It`s the higher ups of EA who are completely delusional, lacking any common sense.

But yea I loved Dragon Age Origins and I hope Manaan will be a normal flashpoint, some good challenge and at best even a daily area. I so hope for this.

Because this is SWTOR, it'll just be a flashpoint. Also, because this is SWTOR, that means it will miss a great opportunity to really inject some life back into this game.

They have a wealth of lore they can mine from the KOTOR games alone, yet all we get are things like GSF and GSH. GSF seemed like kind of a miss because what people really seemed to want was free form PVE space content. Not just PvP.

GSH seems like one of those things that are like fluff. Cool to tinker around with, but not real content.

Imagine an expansion with a planet like Manaan, or Dantooine, or anything that ties directly into KOTOR. You see how excited fans are in this thread alone about the mere possibility of Manaan being a full planet. It's really strange to me that the devs, both old and new, market a game as pretty much a sequel to KOTOR - a critically acclaimed game and a fan favorite - and then do everything to get as far away from those games as possible.

Just one of many things about SWTOR I'll never understand.