Since KOTOR: Manaan

TaitWatson

If this is just a flashpoint, I'd like to see it be the 55 equivalent to the old Lost Island, before it was nerfed.

You mean that flashpoint that cause so many tears of being too difficult? Yeah, right, I can totally see that happen.

It would be cool, but I think not...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get excited if they say they are adding the Selkath as a playable race.

Prepare to never get excited then.

How many times does bioware have to say this? Species that don't have human-like faces are never happening.

Edited by Jandi

For some reason I doubt that it'll be a planet. BW failed to add such a basic MMO feature like swimming into the game and now they'd add a whole water planet? Highly doubtful. So they probably add some flashpoint - which is boring - and maybe some daily area like CZ, which is even more boring. It would be different if there would be:

More class story;

More companion story;

New class;

New races;

PvE space content in GSF style;

Class balance within the class (i.e. all spec trees should be viable);

But more flashpoints and more daily areas? Pfft.. Won't stop me from canceling my sub.

For some reason I doubt that it'll be a planet. BW failed to add such a basic MMO feature like swimming into the game and now they'd add a whole water planet? Highly doubtful.

Yeah cause KOTOR 1 had swimming too, right?

We have submarines and underwater complexes, we don't *need* to swim.

Edited by Jandi

I hope it's not a tactical flashpoint for 55. The idea of tactical FPs is ok for leveling up, but at 55 they're awful. They are so easy that it insults me by implying that I'm mentally defective.

I would love to see Manaan as a whole planet and Manaan underwater stronghold at some point.

Not knowing until now about the troubles the Selkath had on Manaan, I had a talk with my crew and the decision was made that Havoc Squad is ready to rumble in case they need our help. We will drop by for a quick visit soon and leave our card.

For some reason I doubt that it'll be a planet. BW failed to add such a basic MMO feature like swimming into the game and now they'd add a whole water planet? Highly doubtful. So they probably add some flashpoint - which is boring - and maybe some daily area like CZ, which is even more boring. It would be different if there would be:

More class story;

More companion story;

New class;

New races;

But more flashpoints and more daily areas? Pfft.. Won't stop me from canceling my sub.

Idk why people crying for a new class or story??? As i know that game is a mmo and not KotOR game cause to play with friends and so is more fun than playing alone.

More class story;

More companion story;

New class;

New races;

No one is holding you back

Idk why people crying for a new class or story??? As i know that game is a mmo and not KotOR game cause to play with friends and so is more fun than playing alone.

You wanted to say: playing over and over again the same operations for months until no friends are left in the game.

Being more serious: because people are interested in the story and this is why people began to play SWTOR at all? Because SWTOR is/was advertised for being a story-oriented game?

This is the only MMO I play and the only one that kept me more than for a month. It also encouraged me to create more characters than the usual main and one alt because of the class story.

I hope it's not a tactical flashpoint for 55. The idea of tactical FPs is ok for leveling up, but at 55 they're awful. They are so easy that it insults me by implying that I'm mentally defective.

I would love to see Manaan as a whole planet and Manaan underwater stronghold at some point.

It's most likely going to be just a tactical and *possibly* a daily area

I don't say that to be cynical. I say it because all the evidence point to this outcome.

1. Bioware is not going to release new HM Flashpoint this late into a game content cycle when a new level cap expansion is just around the corner. The same will be said for a new planet.

2. All evidence (leaked, bugs, confirmations from devs or otherwise) point to Manaan being a flashpoint and the next part of Forged Alliances, which is slated to come in 2.9.

3. Bioware is notorious for not talking about content that's farther down the road before they get close to that content release. They haven't even revealed the Guild flagship or planetary conquest systems for 2.9, so they are certainly not going to be talking about 3.0 when there's still stuff left on the table for 2.9.

4. In this very blog, they talk about how Ahto and the entire surface of Manaan was destroyed by the Empire during the last war and that they now have a smaller economic area that they trade with both factions. Expecting Manaan to be a full blown planet is a bit reaching

I think people need to brace the fact that its not going to be a full planet.

You wanted to say: playing over and over again the same operations for months until no friends are left in the game.

Being more serious: because people are interested in the story and this is why people began to play SWTOR at all? Because SWTOR is/was advertised for being a story-oriented game?

This is the only MMO I play and the only one that kept me more than for a month. It also encouraged me to create more characters than the usual main and one alt because of the class story.

You do know story does not end with class stories. Every quest in the game is story driven, it was not sold as a "class story MMO" it was sold as a story driven MMO which it still is and continues to be. And bioware has answered this as politely as they can and flat out said no new class stories, been saying it for almost 2 years now. It's time to move on

More class story;

More companion story;

New class;

New races;

BW habe already admitted it was extremely difficult to add the cathar into the game, what makes you think they'll be hurrying for a new one to be added? And have you not seen the scale of class quests? Too many resources would be needed to add all that in and then balance the class

This makes me think that this story arc could result in reduced/corrupted/whatever kolto production for the galaxy, paving the way for bacta to overtake it.

If your Revan was dark sided, you already did this:

If Revan chooses the dark side option, he instead pumps the toxin given to him through the ventilation system of the kolto harvesting machine, killing the Progenitor, polluting the waters of Manaan, and destroying all kolto on the planet that had not been harvested. In-game, the prices of medical equipment rise. Revan is also banned from Manaan for destroying the kolto, unless the player chooses the right responses to successfully blackmail the judges and avoid banishment. Also, if the player immediately admits to it, he or she will be executed.

Yeah, don't do the last part, unless you save right before doing the dirty deed. I had to do half the planet over again. :o I wanted to find out what would happen.. I found out..

This makes me think that this story arc could result in reduced/corrupted/whatever kolto production for the galaxy, paving the way for bacta to overtake it.

For those that don't know or may not remember

Shuuru was apart of the secret organization Star Cabal that was exposed by the Imperial Agent.

The Plot Thickens :D

Edited by MisterBlackJack

I just hope that every main mission doesn't result in a lawsuit like it did in KOTOR. The Selkath are sue happy.

They arrest you for breaking into the Sith base, you talk your way out of it, and they arrest you again when you either blow up the reef station or poison their kolto. I think the defense lawyer's only job on the first arrest is to get you executed. He says you're insane, essentially.

Never played KoToR, but am excited for new content....I like the sound of an underwater theme. Also, a new tactical flashpoint sounds fun; I like Kuat, but have done it a lot....

I am also pleased to see that our resident naysayers and trolls are out to poop on everyone's excitement with their angry posts. Thanks guys, its good to see that you are happy.

Great post BIOWARE, keep it up.

Never played KoToR, but am excited for new content....I like the sound of an underwater theme. Also, a new tactical flashpoint sounds fun; I like Kuat, but have done it a lot....

I am also pleased to see that our resident naysayers and trolls are out to poop on everyone's excitement with their angry posts. Thanks guys, its good to see that you are happy.

Great post BIOWARE, keep it up.

No ones trying to "poop" on everyones excitement (at least not me), but there should be a reasonable expectation those thinking this means full blown planet is not having reasonable expectation. I am happy for this content, I just know what to expect and that is a tacticle flashpoint, maybe a daily area but not a full blown planet

No ones trying to "poop" on everyones excitement (at least not me), but there should be a reasonable expectation those thinking this means full blown planet is not having reasonable expectation. I am happy for this content, I just know what to expect and that is a tacticle flashpoint, maybe a daily area but not a full blown planet

Right now, honestly, it could go both ways. Also, how about both? Full blown planet getting ready to reveal for 3.0 WITH a flashpoint on that planet that goes along with it. How's that?