Since KOTOR: Manaan

TaitWatson

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least make it a normal flashpoint where heal and tank is required. Those tactical flashpoints are so brainless and lack any sort of challenge. And no challenge=no fun. Bioware always now wants to "appeal to everyone", to "make it alright for everyone" and by this mentality they appeal to nobody. It`s why Dragon Age 2 was such a fail.

Challenge is the keyword here and the tactical flashpoints don`t have any of them.

It would be nice, but what are they supposed to do about DPS crying all over the place that they cannot get a queue to pop?

And I like Dragon Age 2 more than Origins (the story was less cliché, and the game has pretty great flow of events, unlike DAO, which seems to stretch on forever and ever)

Once again, the forum flails at the first hint of information before anything is known. It's a good thing it's not like this in game or it would be depressing, lol. If I was them, I'd be super tempted to not tell us anything about anything. It just leads to unnecessary angst and all the fun gets sucked right out of any and all dev posts. Edited by errant_knight

YES! Maybe underwater missions will follow? :D

They do have all this "underwater gear" these days, so where else would it be a great place to use such gear?

Where else, but a "Water WORLD"

Ahh yes, the memories of those trials that irritated the hell out of me.

And the fish face voices, oh the maker, i hated those voices. Wet, slimy, and

slippery sounding voices.

I can't what to dive in, once again.........:D

Walking around in heavy gear, underwater, was hard. KoTOR got it right; It added tension. :D

That is so true. I was always freaking out hopping so slow in that damned suit. I couldn't help thinking, what a sitting duck i would be if i heard a loud *** voice screaming threw out the water.

{click Below for dramatic effect}

http://www.hark.com/clips/pkkzljkzcz-release-the-kraken I think i would of pooped in that suit. *GULP!*

Come on, please, Manaan was a nice planet in KOTOR.

I know it wont be Ahto City, but at least make it similar.

No more creating this Makeb, Oricon or CZ-198 stuff, if not for missions, how about for stores, especially medical ones?

And here is an idea, how about multiple cities? One for the Republic, and another for the Empire to go to?

Bioware, if you do this, it would bring back so many memories, please. :)

It would be nice, but what are they supposed to do about DPS crying all over the place that they cannot get a queue to pop?

And I like Dragon Age 2 more than Origins (the story was less cliché, and the game has pretty great flow of events, unlike DAO, which seems to stretch on forever and ever)

Just don´t give a **** about them. I`m sorry, it sounds harsh but they can`t cater to everyone. They are trying to cater to everyone which will result in pleasing nobody. As a DD it`s your fate to wait for flashpoint popping longer than tanks and heals. If you don´t like it, respecc, That`s how it is. Making those tactical flashpoints, better said : no-challenge-boring flashpoints is not the solution.

Also cliche doesn`t equal bad. A cliche story can be really good if executed well (see Dragon Age Origins) or a different personal story with great potential can be executed not so well (see Dragon Age 2)

Nice, now this is an awesome planet. Oricon's invention was very cool with the end-of-world doomsday volcanic wasteland feel, but it's nice to have an old favorite from the classic game that started it all. Good choice. Opens up a whole new possibility of water travel, dailies, flashpoints, stories, and maybe a new pvp warzone defending a certain kolto manufacturing station (idk, im an optimist.)

Just don´t give a **** about them. I`m sorry, it sounds harsh but they can`t cater to everyone. They are trying to cater to everyone which will result in pleasing nobody. As a DD it`s your fate to wait for flashpoint popping longer than tanks and heals. If you don´t like it, respecc, That`s how it is. Making those tactical flashpoints, better said : no-challenge-boring flashpoints is not the solution.

Also cliche doesn`t equal bad. A cliche story can be really good if executed well (see Dragon Age Origins) or a different personal story with great potential can be executed not so well (see Dragon Age 2)

Dragon age 2's story was fine the issue was the released a half done game for full price due to time constrictions

Make 5 or 6 man flashpoints. That's how some games balance out the roles and based on the history of this game it seems like the right move for the player base. It's similar to why they are trying to switch to 16 man ops being the standard so that more dps get in each ops.

This is fantastic! Loved the ties used with Shasa and Revan uncovering the Empire, one of my favorite parts in the game. I would love to see Mannan as a future planet on SWTOR, even underwater missions like someone had suggested earlier! Great, great stuff! Looking forward to see what comes next in this story

To be honest, what I find stupid is that anyone would still be neutral at this point. Both sides have shown their true colours now. The pretense is gone, it's conquer or be conquered. Kolto or no, neither side can waste resources on a single planet.