Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

A wild dev appears. Good info but nothing that a lot of us haven't already come to the same conclusion but good to see a confirmation.

Musco is not a dev. Devs are discouraged from reading the forums because the community attacks them for no reason so often.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musco is not a dev. Devs are discouraged from reading the forums because the community attacks them for no reason so often.

What are you doing on a thread for pvpers when you clearly are a pver?

Ofc people are gonna attack devs after a mess like this...

what a *********** joke musco. i know you're just the messenger boy...

you could have saved a lot of typing by just saying "Do we care about anything pvp related? - NO"

all these answers are canned and scream "we are too retarded to know how to balance or implement anything"

you guys just hold the company line of milking all these rp and pve *******s

what is the point of the stream today? all that guy will say is "we don't have any plans at this time" or "we can't implement that because it's too technically challenging"

there is a thread on the pts forums that i made that has actual, detailed questions that need to be addressed. i have also offered numerous suggestions on how to fix your abysmal system since your devs are too awful and clueless.

by the way...do you guys have paid testers? i would love to meet the s keying and keyboard turning downies you pay to balance and push changes through.

inb4 random bads, pvers, gsf people, or casuals try to challenge me

There is nothing in this post that I didnt already know...........................

Appreciate the effort anyways, hopefully this becomes more of a trend. It would be great to see community people just acting like part of the forums in the PvP section, posting about stuff theyve done like normal players. Not every post has to be chock full of info; just knowing that you are present in the sub-forum would go a long way.

you could have saved a lot of typing by just saying "Do we care about anything pvp related? - NO"

And this basically sums it up IMO. But we already knew that, so this post just basically confirms it.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

I wasn't even considering wildstar, but did the same thing today. Lol.

I will take a look too and I was a *********** player since beta, always player since that time. Now I'm very tired, I was loving this game, and I was keeping so much hope.

Disappointed, a lot.

There are a few problems with your post eric, you need to stop BSing your community. I'm going to bold them.

TL;DR - Stop making bad decisions, give better rewards not on the CM, give more incentives for PVPers to sub and more incentives for ranked to happen, population is down significantly & needs a booster. Transfer everyone to a PTS mega-server. Make server transfers free.

We also want the Ranked population to be as high as possible within the Level 55 bracket - How is this even remotely true? You have been slowly killing your PVP population since launch. While your "thoughts" may be to want to keep the population high, your companys actions surely show that you almost want to make people quit the game. Do you see the ACTUAL ranked population now? Do you see how many PVPers actually left? Example: You put the Season1 PvP Top Tier reward on the cartel market, just "reskinned" or "not as pretty". Well people wanted unique rewards and trust me when I say this, nobody wants to roll around on a Rancor once EVERYONE can get one easily, you just tuned all the fun out of the Season1 TOP reward. Well there goes your "incentive" for pvpers to trust you in season 2, because g-d forbid you put the Nightmare PvE mounts on the cartel market to make it fair.

Let's throw gasoline onto the fire shall we?:

Will you be implementing Cross-server queuing?

We have no plans at this time to implement cross-server queues. - HaHaHA, you killed your population and this is one of two ways to try and save it, yet again team BW refuses to implement this. Your executives at the company need a makeover. You can't ignore your dying/dead population, cartel market is NOT a fix for the playerbase, it's only a fix for keeping the game financially stable. You are ruining the player experience when you refuse to allow the first "M" in MMO to work as intended, this game isn't "MASSIVE" Multiplayer Online anymore.

Will you be introducing rewards in future Seasons to recognize those players who have achieved the highest of ratings? 1500 seems like a low bar for some players.

We took this to heart when trying to decide where best to place the “breakpoint” for reward tiers. For us, giving the Rancor mount to only the top 5% felt like a good breakpoint since that will still make it very rare. - Again, you're BSing here, you put the announcement for RANCOR to be on CM shortly after Tier 1 Rewards. You just keep throwing nails into the PvP coffin and collecting CM money at the expense of your playerbase. Just watch how many people will be playing for Season 2 based on your teams poor decisions, nobody trusts you guys anymore because you constantly fail to deliver content and rewards that enguage the playerbase and keep more people playing.

What about the issue of 3v4 matches in Arenas?

This typically occurs due to a player crashing before loading into a match, which creates a situation where one team will have one less player. In this situation, we have made the decision that matchmaking will not backfill that player. This is because by the time we can accurately detect that a player has crashed, and then select a player to backfill in the crashed player’s place, the first round would already be in progress or over. In this case, backfilling would turn a negative situation for 4 players into a negative situation for 5 players, and we are not fond of that idea.

On the plus side, our rating system takes the 3v4 into account when awarding rating at the end of the match. The team with 4 will not be rewarded nearly as well for winning as they would if it was a normal match, nor will the team with 3 be punished as severely for losing. - I've lost at least 30 matches per toon to 3v4 ranked. All you have to do is extend the preparation room timer to allow enough time to allow the player to be logged out if they DC, so backfill can happen.

Huge rating gaps between players in any given Arena match….

Typically this issue occurs when there are not a lot of players in the Arena queue, (Team BW Fault, please fix by adding better rewards/incentives, no more stupid decisions to kill playerbase, k thnx) I think it may help to understand a bit about how our matchmaking works. Matches are based around the original character who is entered in matchmaking and what their rating is. Let’s say a character is 1500 and enters the queue. Matchmaking will start looking for another 7 players to have them play with who are also 1500. At certain time intervals, that rating range is expanded (both up and down) in order to work to fill the match. Over time that range will continue to be expanded, so the “up” and “down” rating from that base player is why you could see a 1200 player and an 1800 player in the same game as they are both 300 rating from the original character in the queue. - Nobody cares how it works now, you clearly are failing to understand that "matchmaking" isn't working at all ever. The teams are grosly underbalanced and your team themselves killed the ques with poor decisions, can you fix it? I don't know how many more chances your players are willing to give team BW. You need to make your players happier and stop making excuses (now, not in 6months). Most servers have dismal populations already and even longer que times, player housing wont fix the pvp population problems, so what's being done to address that?

Although this may not be a comprehensive list of every PvP question ever asked, I hope that this will do a good job of answering a lot of the core questions PvPers are asking. Thank you all for your continued feedback!

-eric

I propose moving every server to the PTS or at least as many as PTS can handle. The PTS will act as cross server because many people can transfer there for free. Then convert the PTS to a live server after everyone transfers and magicly you just got cross-server without adding technology.

Thanks for taking the time to answer alot of the key questions. I know I was mean, but that's how alot of the PvP community feels right now. GL tonight, I'm bringing my tent.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I will take a look too and I was a *********** player since beta, always player since that time. Now I'm very tired, I was loving this game, and I was keeping so much hope.

Disappointed, a lot.

I know how you feel man, i feel the same...

Personally, I am quite confused as to why Eric even posted this. Although I understand there must be some kind of logic behind it - the developers are not after punishing their audience. But I cannot understand the reasoning behind this post. It is like a direct call for PvP players to immediately abandon the game. Not even keeping them out in the cold for as long as possible, but more like a statement - "Nope it ain't gonna happen. Move along."

Disappointed and a bit confused.

Edited by ozrique

Thank you for your purchase!

1 WildStar Standard Edition Prepurchase

Greetings,

You have successfully activated your WildStar subscription.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

We already knew the answers to all these. No cross server queues, no return of 8v8 ranked - and all of other complaints are caused by low population. LOL.

So anyway, Wildstar preorders started yesterday which I happily took advantage of for me and the wife. Sucks that it won't go live until June but hey. :D

It was kind of a poilte F.U. though!

Personally, I am quite confused as to why Eric even posted this. Although I understand there must be some kind of logic behind it - the developers are not after punishing their audience. But I cannot understand the reasoning behind this post. It is like a direct call for PvP players to immediately abandon the game. Not even keeping them out in the cold for as long as possible, but more like a statement - "Nope it ain't gonna happen. Move along."

Disappointed and a bit confused.

:D:D:D

Edited by Jherad

forget the trolls nice feed back but my 2 questions.

Can we get mixed faction RWZ arenas....

Better match making and stop the landslide flight from the weaker faction that make people not wont to play ranked because they know therir faction is weaker.

Any chance in making Cores Den a place where matches can be arraged by checking in a group to a hut and and rewards are solely based on what the players give to the hut to give to the winners. Again mixed faction groups. AKA 2v2 3v3 4 v4 5 v5 6v6 arenas in a way

forget the trolls nice feed back but my 2 questions.

Can we get mixed faction RWZ arenas....

*Cough*

Allow me...

They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future.

Am I doing it right?

Edited by Jherad

I know how you feel man, i feel the same...

16 characters, ex guild leader, player with my girlfriend, supporting them in every way I can, and what I get?

A **** in my ***!

We will not see any NEW op in 8months,

No PvP at all

And I have to be happy for a useless credit sink like housing? **** off. I'm out.

Edited by Elminster_cs