Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

People have been coming to their game's forum, to tell them what we want and brainstorming on how to do it, essentially offering them money for a service, all this for 24+ months and they green-light that OP to go up?

Very disappointing. It's all about the $ for them, no way i'm sticking around.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y395/Seengularity/SWTOR_Unsub_March2014_zps2532999e.png

Edited by Seengularity

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unresponsive, slow to adjust, terrible balance and infrequent attempts to correct balance (how long were combat medics on the shelf?), and you removed 8v8 - REMOVED?!?. I've never, ever heard of a game completely permanently disabling a feature. I'm still baffled by that. At the very least you should have left it in the game as an option for players to generate their own events. I can guarantee it would have happened. Terrible.

With Wildstar looming on the horizon you've changed your tune and making lame attempts to placate our unrest. Too little, too late. My subscription is one of many running on life-support until Repopulation or Wildstar releases, and you know it.

I just dont get the blatant 'We Dont Care' attitude from the devs towards PvP.

The message is pretty clear. SWTOR PvP is for non-competitive casuals. I play SWTOR when I just want to chillax while PvPing in a Star Wars universe. It's nothing more, nothing less. No need to take it more seriously than that.

This FAQ pretty much puts the final nail in the coffin of Ranked and Competitive PvP in this game.

Lmao. Good deal. Thanks for letting everyone know that they need to find a new game if they want to pvp. Finally, real answers.

I recommend Battlefield 4. When you want to shoot lasers or swing a lightsaber while getting in some relaxation time, you can come back to this game.

Wildstar preorders are rapidly increasing atm from what I can see here.

Let me know how that goes. If all the Wildstar ballwashers are still PvPing in that game after six months, I'll give it a whirl.

The answer is pretty obvious, given the PvP population (or lack thereof). It's not worth the cost to implement cross-server, if the tech is possible.

This is shortsighted. Firstly, Cross-Server would be a worthwhile investment as a technology because it fills rolls for both PvE and PvP, not OPS so much but definitely FPs for example in PvE.

Secondly, Cross-Server technology serves an important purpose, and that is to maintain a high level of enjoyment in instanced content when a game is on a downslide population-wise. Sure, things are great now in PvE, but even with updates, this MMO will grow old like every other MMO out there and Cross-Server technology would actually help BW stretch out the life of their MMO and its replayable content for as long as possible.

However, I'm not at all surprised the Devs lack the vision to see the importance of Cross-Server beyond just PvP. I mean it took them 2 years to finally implement housing in the game. Oh well...

Hello Eric the main flaw that I see with bolstered being present beyond 55 is that players are not

Preparing themselves for endgame pvp properly ie; ranked which make the people that do suffer

I have lost a lot of rating simply to players in my team being unprepared

I hand out stims to players that have none to try increase my chances of winning but it still make no difference

When they are entering ranked with sub 25k hp I do think bolster has its place but certainly not at end game pvp

The unwanted side affect is its making players lazy putting no effort into their characters.

I know you guys at bioware want everyone to have fun and feel like they are affective in pvp but you

Need to draw the line at 55 show some tough love please for us players that enjoy preparing our characters for endgame pvp

The message is pretty clear. SWTOR PvP is for non-competitive casuals. I play SWTOR when I just want to chillax while PvPing in a Star Wars universe. It's nothing more, nothing less. No need to take it more seriously than that.

I hate to say it since, like many, I have expectations (apparently unrealistic ones) of what could be a *********** great place for the PVP "program" to excel but you're right.

I'm sure Eric gets it and being nerds many of those behind the scenes probably do too. But it's pretty obvious that the overall strategy is to hold onto an EZ-mode market share, lean on the IP, and maintain revenue growth without taking any risk/creative integrity. Frankly Eric did everyone a favor with this post. If you're serious about competitive PVP and real attention to PVP content now's a good time to consider your options.

دانلود فیلم با لینک مستقیم و کمکی _ سریال دی ال

Sorry brah not only has my Spanish gone rusty but I fail with google translator.

Edited by Joesixxpack

That is a lot of no's in a row. You could have at least sprinkled in a few made up questions that you could say yes.

How about removing F2P restrictions on all PvP. With nothing to look forward to, don't require PvP centric players to pay a sub.

Cheers,

Hobi

P.S

I just unsubbed

While it is not the community teams choice about what the road map will look like and its easy to forget that it does appear either the desires of the community are not being relayed or they are being ignored.

If you take a look at an MMO that is being released soon that is offering massive open world PvP, sieges and the option to become an emperor over 4v4 mini games or hutt ball there is a clear difference in epic pvp vs dumbed down mini game.

PvP in every form is being relegated to a meaningless aspect of the TOR experience. Take a look at WAR and the RvR battles of capturing keeps PvP had an effect on the game world. SWG with Restuss and battling for control of the city. In TOR it would be hard to tell if there was any PvP or who was winning etc. PvP matches are in a vacuum.

So adding more Arenas or Hutt Ball doesn't help this and keeps PvP relegated to the side line. Just have to look at GSF and despite getting mention in the new tactical flashpoints but it has no effect. It doesn't even offer the chance to get reputation with the new factions. The big reward of requisitions can only be spent on GSF ships and offer nothing outside of the warzones. Making it very clear on what an intergrated part of TOR GSF is.

PvP needs to be brought into the game not a separate mini game that plays no role outside of the map its fought on and over as soon as the counter hits 0 or one side wins.

And the problem is that will be the same with GSF. Because you can actually level up up your ship, but after that there is no need to play this. Is not like operation where you can run with your guild mate, coordinate and have fun.

PvP lack of this, so is pointless to do it even GFS... new map, new ship model will not keep people playing it.

We will always continue to add new content around PvP whenever possible

-eric

Don't forget you guys will also remove content from PvP whenever possible.

Your original post shed no new light on PvP in this game that most seasoned players didn't already know, but thanks for pretending to care.

Edited by Pistols

Don't forget you guys will also remove content from PvP whenever possible.

Your original post shed no new light on PvP in this game that most seasoned players didn't already know, but thanks for pretending to care.

Basically. I don't say "when possible" at work, because everyone knows it's a blow off and would take it as an insult to their intelligence.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Are the devs in fire?

also, translation: Direct Download auxiliary L-Series DVD

Lame :confused:

I'm sure there's a hidden message in there.. Just as in Eric's original post, but just not as obvious :)

I also unsubbed after reading these news, it was fun while it lasted but like many others pointed out, this was indeed the nail in the coffin. As for you true believers sticking around, have fun and enjoy the game!!

I'm sure there's a hidden message in there.. Just as in Eric's original post, but just not as obvious :)

I also unsubbed after reading these news, it was fun while it lasted but like many others pointed out, this was indeed the nail in the coffin. As for you true believers sticking around, have fun and enjoy the game!!

Is it like National Treasure?

Cycao, Pistols! Bust out the lemons and the hairdryer, we've code a secret code to uncover!

In order to understand pvp, you need to pvp. Clearly the devs don't know how to pvp or don't pvp at all. With Wildstar around the corner offering SKILL BASED pvp and not this outdated gear grind and the fact they just released their pvp trailer clearly shows that Carbine do understand pvp.

Bioware are proud of their record in pvp, they need to seriously take a look at themselves. ONE 8v8 map in 2 years, added a format (4v4) that no one wanted, allowed Q pops to simply get longer and longer by not adding cross server at launch.

Face it, if you are still hanging around for PvP to improve, you are going to have a long wait because this game is turning more into The Sims in space with every update - cosmetics, housing,toys,jobs(operations/flashpoints).

Jump ship now and don't sink any more time/money into this outdated game

Wildstar has a gear grind and arenas. A combination that given your history I'm surprised you're even in favor of playing such a game.

Wildstar has a gear grind and arenas. A combination that given your history I'm surprised you're even in favor of playing such a game.

Sounds like you mad u bad.

Off to Wildstar since this games PVP officially died today. No cross server ever LOLZ