Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

We should all listen because your maturity is evident....

Or you can just wallow in your "maturity" yourself.

13 pages of %85 whining.

That's simply outrageous response for people trying to do WHAT YOU ALL wanted.

Presenting a road map which is actually NOT BAD.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, this roadmap looks promising!

But the best thing is all these people that will finally leave after promis... eeh... threatening to do so for a long time now.

It'll be such a nice place after they leave :)

Of course, the game might just die because of these 100's of players leaving, but I'll take my chances. :rolleyes:

Heh...well.. to use an analogy..... they bark a lot, but I don't think they actually break the leash and run away. :) Heck, a good number of them freely admit they are going to hedge their bets on other MMOs by staying subbed to SWTOR just in case.

You have to admit though.... the producers blog is making for a great "chew toy" today. :D

Edited by Andryah

Or you can just wallow in your "maturity" yourself.

13 pages of %85 whining.

That's simply outrageous response for people trying to do WHAT YOU ALL wanted.

NO! Outrageous is assuming YOUR opinion is everyone else's. What should PvPers look forward to in this roadmap? If that roadmap was truly "what you all" wanted, why the hell would 85% of the people be upset over it?

NOT BAD??????

Are you kidding?

Again:

- no info on QoL

- no info on some guild features

- no info on crafting

- no new ops until until 2.8?

- no news on PvP?

And you say NOT BAD??? O.o

I play since start, and beta also, is the FIRST time I'm thinking to leave the game.

Edited by Elminster_cs

NO! Outrageous is assuming YOUR opinion is everyone else's. What should PvPers look forward to in this roadmap? If that roadmap was truly "what you all" wanted, why the hell would 85% of the people be upset over it?

Because they keep whining no matter what?

After a certain decade or two on the internet, one learns to spot the "never-content" and "logical" apart.

You may be logical yourself, %95 of your compatriots are not.

Is PvP a bit light? Yes.

Is it enough to warrant 13 pages of whining?

HELL NO.

Isn't saying "85% of the people are upset" a bit hyperbole? I've only seen players who already said they were going to another game (Mostly pvp-ers and some PVE-ers), and the occasional "Player who doesn't play anymore, but still follows the game on FB or twitter" complain about the roadmap. Most of those are on the forums (Of course, not a lot of people are EVER happy here.) But looking at the Subreddit, some posts here and some people on twitter, the response to the roadmap is pretty good.

But, what do I know, huh? I'm just a pve carebear, BioDrone, Defender... who likes some OWPVP.

The additional story content coming sounds interesting...

I'm glad to finally see a new WZ...

What bothers me is all the emphasize that they are putting into GSF. Not everyone likes it and a lot of us still prefer the regular ground PvP.

Adding to GSF while neglecting ground PvP and then calling that a PvP update is just bull ****.

Just to clarify, there was info on guild features in the Cantina Event. To paraphrase, they pretty much said that anything guild related will cause them performance issues and tehcnical problems, or it's too much work or what not.

http://ootinicast.com/2014/02/community-cantina-phoenix/

REALLY? I can't actually lissen.

Tell me THIS IS NOT TRUE.

So we continue to not gain ANYTHING because of this *********** engine and performace?

DEVS do an expansion I can pay up to 40 dollars BUT IMPROVE THE *********** ENGINE.

So angry, so so angry. Played for more that 2 years and everything ****ed up?

NOT BAD??????

Are you kidding?

Again:

- no info on QoL

- no info on some guild features

- no info on crafting

- no new ops until until 2.8?

- no news on PvP?

And you say NOT BAD??? O.o

I play since start, and beta also, is the FIRST time I'm thinking to leave the game.

No news on pvp? There's a new huttball map and a new gsf map coming and you say no pvp?

They never put QoL in road maps cause they are not big enough to warrant a major highlight

I love how you all fall for this EVERY time and get all worked over it. They NEVER put all there eggs in a blog. What your seeing is probably 50% at best of what's to come this year. If you really think this is all then you are being clueless on how bioware releases future content info.

The additional story content coming sounds interesting...

I'm glad to finally see a new WZ...

What bothers me is all the emphasize that they are putting into GSF. Not everyone likes it and a lot of us still prefer the regular ground PvP.

Adding to GSF while neglecting ground PvP and then calling that a PvP update is just bull ****.

That doesn't mean it's not pvp just because it isn't the pvp you prefer I actually love GSF over ground pvp

No news on pvp? There's a new huttball map and a new gsf map coming and you say no pvp?

They never put QoL in road maps cause they are not big enough to warrant a major highlight

A new hutball is content on PvP? Is this a joke? On most PvE server raked/solo arena PvP is dead, World PvP is DEAD, and so on. And a New WZ annunced 4 months ago for you is an update? For you is a roadmap?

QoL MUST be a highlight.

NEW Ops MUST be a highlight.

Guild features MUST be a highlight.

Although I feel a little bit dissappointed that there is no new operation imminent, I am very happy with the following:

1) This is the one MMO that is so open about dates, albeit they are targets. I really like this.

2) I much prefer seeing NiM ops being released before a new op with just HM.

3) A new storyline is very much needed, personal stories are great in this game but the over arching stories have been quite weak. (Give us an illidan or lich king please!!!)

REALLY? I can't actually lissen.

Tell me THIS IS NOT TRUE.

So we continue to not gain ANYTHING because of this *********** engine and performace?

DEVS do an expansion I can pay up to 40 dollars BUT IMPROVE THE *********** ENGINE.

So angry, so so angry. Played for more that 2 years and everything ****ed up?

Yes indeed.

Inb4 defenders come along and say everything is perfectly fine.

I have a request.

Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale.

Any chance bioware you can turn those flashpoints into a single warzone, that can be qued up specifically for, and played by both factions. Then again this request is based on knowledge at hand. Also keep the flashpoints. This request is a addition to.

I have a request.

Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale.

Any chance bioware you can turn those flashpoints into a single warzone, that can be qued up specifically for, and played by both factions. Then again this request is based on knowledge at hand. Also keep the flashpoints. This request is a addition to.

How would they turn two flashpoints on two different planets into one warzone map?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for new WZ's getting added (since I use PvP to bolster my leveling with dailies and weeklies and it would shut the PvP players up for a while), but I just don't see how you make two flashpoints on two different planets into one warzone?