Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

Metaphor for shutting SW:ToR down? :D

"With the galactic conflict reaching it's end." (Sorry idk how to quote those parts)

This is my only concern... As excited as I am for these updates. I sure hope this doesn't mean that Swtor is on it's last run or anything. I mean... I enjoy the game. It has it's ups and downs but still very much enjoyable. So... will more be coming in 2014 and stuff after these expansions or is the game gonna get shut down? :( Bioware? Someone? Clarify?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure how I feel about this.. I was expecting much bigger stuff. Not only do we have to wait two months for 2.7 (so much for the 6 wk content cycle) but we aren't even getting any new ops. Im excited to see where the story goes but imo NIM versions of DF/DP aren't enough raid wise. Don't misunderstand my reluctance, i love this game so much, mainly because of my love of Star Wars. It just seems like a kind of lackluster first half of the year compared to last year.

I have to agree. Based on that, we are looking at a minimum of August before we see a completely new operation, and that is disappointing. Unless they sneak in a new raid in 2.8, which seems unlikely since they have never released a NiM of one raid at the same time as a completely new one, it will be 10 months between new operations releases. I think that will be a new record.

So I wish there were fewer GSF updates, and more PvE raider content in that list.

Happy to hear that the Huttball Wz is coming soon. Seriously can't wait for it.

Question to the Devs, are there any plans to incentivize Ranked PvP? Right now, it's pretty dead because of the lack of incentives.

The incentives will be when they announce what the rewards are for the season so people will try to rush and hustle last minute for that oh so anticipated recolored blurg mini pet reward that we all had on our wishlists.

Edited by DkSharktooth

The incentives will be when they announce what the rewards are for the season so people will try to rush and hustle last minute for that oh so anticipated recolored blurg mini pet reward that we all had on our wishlists.

Yeah.. even if they do have amazing uber rewards planned for us, it would have made a lot more sense to tell us right at the start. Not a week before the end.

And given their track record, there won't be uber rewards. There'll be one speeder, that is probably a rehash of the Speeder which you get for 10k creds at the Tatooine market, and then they'll say it's too big and remove it.

Then there'll be a new set of cosmetic gear, which will be re-released a week later with no rating requirements or outright removed entirely, like they did with the Firebrand set.

"With the galactic conflict reaching it's end." (Sorry idk how to quote those parts)

This is my only concern... As excited as I am for these updates. I sure hope this doesn't mean that Swtor is on it's last run or anything. I mean... I enjoy the game. It has it's ups and downs but still very much enjoyable. So... will more be coming in 2014 and stuff after these expansions or is the game gonna get shut down? :( Bioware? Someone? Clarify?

They can't clarify. It will give them technical issues. :rolleyes:

Don't be foolish. You're comparing apples to road apples. FPS in space is NOT the same as ground PvP.

There is a minimal gear grind advantage, which does not in and of itself deliver wins.

At least the "FPS in space" has WAY less stuttering and FPS drops. In fact I would call it non-existent in GSF......WZs though, different story.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

2013/10/02 - 2.4 release of DF & DP

2014/04/08 - NiM DF (6 months of no update to DF)

2014/06/10 - NiM DP (8 months of no update to DP)

Given their track record, who knows how long they will leave us with NiM DF & DP before adding a new Op. So we're looking at a year+ of miliking the same 10 bosses? I defend this game all the time, but that is bs. Crap like this is what makes me want to unsub.

So we're counting flipping a switch to turn on double xp weekend or to recycle a past event as being part of your "new content" every 8 week goal? Oh sorry, your nine week goal.

Riiiiiiiiiight

L2Math.

February 4th - April 8th == 64 days aka 9 weeks.

The March thing is not considered content, it's a double XP weekend, keeping with their 3 week minor update cycle, not their 9 week major update one.

Oh man, this roadmap looks promising!

But the best thing is all these people that will finally leave after promis... eeh... threatening to do so for a long time now.

It'll be such a nice place after they leave :)

Of course, the game might just die because of these 100's of players leaving, but I'll take my chances. :rolleyes:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I have been waiting to hear what the road map would be for 2014 before I decided if I would get ESO. And after reading this today I think I will pre-order ESO. There is just not enough end game content to keep me busy.

If you spent less time on the cartel market and giving us things like speeder / pod racing and free roaming space like Galaxies had then you might have kept me.

Super excited for the this years new features. As for this post, go and play the emulators if you that unhappy but this not SWG and never will be.

2013/10/02 - 2.4 release of DF & DP

2014/04/08 - NiM DF (6 months of no update to DF)

2014/06/10 - NiM DP (8 months of no update to DP)

So we're looking at a year+ of miliking the same 10 bosses? I defend this game all the time, but that is bs.

it`s already been too long to wait. and that`s just one op. split in 2 parts. and now we only get one part? in 8 resets? i guess not every sub counts...

Edited by pantalaimona

It says: "...storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale..."

That means it's going to be an epic ending to this new story arc. Possibly a big reveal?

One thing I thing should be created is something like what Neverwinter has. FOUNDRY. Where players can put in content, missions, and even full raids would be nice. As a person that has done considerable work on a previous Bioware game Neverwinter Nights. The satisfaction of seeing new content more rapidly as well as peoples expressed joy of the content created was in itself the best reward. Make this a game for the players by the players.

I already would want to put in Atris's compound from KOTOR II, Duxon, Malichore V, and many many more. Heck even my 13 year old step kid loved Kaon and wants to see more of the actual Kaon styled flashpoints and has given ideas as to what they would do.

I'm not sure why you're assuming the bolded statement above. They stated that they're working on new Operations and that 2.8 would be the biggest update they've ever done. What makes you think that it won't include a new operation?

Because they are releasing NiM DP in that update, and they have never released a new operation at the same time as a NiM of a previous operation. It is debatable whether that would even be a good idea, since if they repeat the pattern of NiM TfB and S&V, the new tier of gear from NiM DF/DP will be surpassed by the gear in the next set of HMs.

So August is a very good bet as to the earliest that we will see a completely new operation, at which point DF and DP will have been out for 10 months.

Who said maintenance mode again ? :)

Anyway it was a good read and possibly two more digital expansions this year , with your digital expansions you will be spoiling us!

Hopefully a level cap increase, maybe to level 65 this time ? Level 60 would do though.

Hugs all round , o the only thing I'm slightly worried about is that the game does become slightly unstable near the next maintenance day so increasing that to every 3 weeks is probably a bad move on your part but we shall see.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

I'm glad to hear more time is being added for quality testing. Hopefully some existing bugs will be addressed as well.

The Korriban and Tython flashpoints sure look promising but I really hope this new storyline doesn't end up being gated behind raiding later. I hate it when that happens (as it did with Oricon).

I agree on both points. Yeah, love Tython and Korriban.

Also, please give us the option to opt out of double xp. Yes, most people love it. But no, not everyone does.

And, I agree with that too.