Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a "Rise" style expansion meant even a minimal amount of effort or development of class and/or companion stories, I'd have been a lot more excited by that. Can't say I'm too enthused after seeing what Makeb got us. The Tython/Korriban bits are more promising to me, although I'm also a bit suspicious as to whether the storyline isn't going to be 'treading water to get to the next third party villain' - with two factions, the "oh, but we must both face [x]!" routine is all too common.

Glad to see double xp coming back, not really sold on your Ops schedule, though, as it feels like you're really stretching content out there.

Overall, I guess I'm feeling pretty meh about this. Combined with the comments from the Cantina event and I'm definitely not second-guessing my decision to stop buying CCs or my debating whether to stay subbed or not.

I think it might be a case of both sides loosing or emperor vitiate returing, too early to tell now though =D.

And i can't wait for 2.8!

Prediction: Republic taking a massive war losing hit and Vitiate dying at the same time.

Edited by znihilist

It's pretty much what I feared. "GSF is PVP. There's your content."

Other than that. New Huttball map. Better late than never but I somehow feel less excited than I would have a year ago about it.

Hey. Double XP weekend. Maybe I will finish the last 2 stories I haven't done yet....

Yeah I didn't honestly think they could get any worse for PvP until they announced GSF was PvP only and right then I knew that is going to be their new puppy for the next year or so. Hey new warzone and gear so cant complain. Nothing about cross servers or how arenas are doing since they're probably less teams queuing for 4's than ranked.

Just make sure you buy the Imperial Edition for an extra $ 20-40.

Because clearly, a full price game + $ 15 sub is not enough to get all content in ESO :)

Just like that $150 SWTOR CE was totally worth it for that VIP pass and dumb collector's content that nobody cares about, right? ;)

Yep. Absolutely zero interesting things coming, and only half a tier when things finally do arrive. We already know that BW's idea of "nightmare" content is to add maybe 1 more mechanic, buff the HP and Damage of the bosses, and call it a day. What on earth are we waiting so many months for? What a joke.

You sound a little mad. It's okay. I'm a lot mad, because this basically confirmed worst case scenario for PvErs.

LMao that's a good one with worst case scenario for PvEers comment

And this

Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

So three years without normal full-scale addon (Makeb is not full scale by any means)?

Well this is just embarrassing!

we are going to move to a 3 week cycle between minor patches, instead of two weeks. While this does mean we are moving to a 9 week cadence for the major content updates, we feel the benefit of catching pesky bugs and improving quality is worth it and we remain committed to hitting our deadlines for all of our major content updates this year.

Oh, Bioware. What a shame... :(

Edited by Glower

The other intrigues me, similar to GSF in scope? Could this be pod racing?

Pod racing or GSF PVE would be good bets I suppose.

But before they introduce other "mini games" they should do X Server Queues. Otherwise we end up with people hanging in six different Queues and atrocious waiting times.

Nothing of what I saw in the roadmap as outlined impressed me at all. It's all peripheral stuff that doesn't matter. Honestly even Rise Of The Hutt Cartel didn't matter much. Storyline updates, expansion of the existing 4 chapters (including ROHC) needs to be at least in my view the main focus of expansions. The Roadmap didn't mention much if anything that would suggest that Chapter 5 or more than one chapter is coming soon. This highly disapoints me. SWTOR is a unique game because of it's story and the level of player immersion in that story. Warzones and flashpoints are optional side stuff that for F2P and Prefered status players matter about as much as sneeze.

If there are to be any expansions this year it needs to be a single massive expansion that adds Chapters 5-8 to the main class stories. That is the kind of content expansion the game needs. Not more of this fluff and fair for the privileged Subscriber base to scream about their kill counts and times pwned in pvp arena's.

Wow, that's a big letdown, at least for me. 2 more months before nightmare mode DF and then another 2 months before DP nightmare? You are stretching the current content way to long. Guess that will mean we won't see any new Operation until August or September. Really disappointing. Current PvE Progression Teams are already bored to hell farming DF/DP HM over and over again so 2 more month before "new" content is way to long. If you would at least release both nightmares at the same time it would have been okay to wait 2 months, but 2+2 is just stupid.

The only thing I am looking forward to are the new Flashpoints. I hope they have a nice story...

Yeah well myself and anyone who takes warzones or arenas seriously want nothing to do with GSF. Yes GSF is "PvP" but it's an entirely different experience.

Probably because it takes away your gear grind advantage and makes it more skill based than regular PvP, which exposes to your fragile egos that you really aren't as good as you think you are.

OT: I am not super thrilled with the idea of another 8 weeks of HM DP and then going back to DF again...But overall looks like some quality stuff headed our way. Can't wait to see what else is in 2.8.

Edited by Icebergy

Wow, such a gem of well articulated criticism.

Including CAPS, big font size and $&§X.

I am glad you reposted this, otherwise we might have missed it.

regardless of his articulation, it doesnt debunk his frustration with the game, that as you can see many people are experiencing/sharing. I don't think this road map really solved much. Yes. We asked for more content, and theyre giving us more content. You can arise the argument that we are being greedy fans, but this announcement was a mere breadcrumb of what most MMO's call content. By all means ill still play the game, but i just wont pay for it. as the many people that sub would be paying for so little.

Was just discussing the Huttball thing with a friend just last night as well as the FP involving Tython and Korriban.

Can't help but notice "new gear tier" and worry it's going to be another reskin of another already existent item in game.

Why not have a community armor contest where 8-16 categories are made and give the community x-amount of time to make their own armor, you put the approved of your choice up for a vote and let the community take a week or so to vote on them. Then you make the armor in game at some other point in time. You could also do it for other items as well. On other things I've seen do that it's a big hit and a decent stimulant to keep people excited for new items.

Probably because it takes away your gear grind advantage and makes it more skill based than regular PvP, which exposes to your fragile egos that you really aren't as good as you think you are.

OT: I am not super thrilled with the idea of another 8 weeks of HM DP and then going back to DF again...But overall looks like some quality stuff headed our way. Can't wait to see what else is in 2.8.

:rolleyes: Indeed. Anyone who doesn't like GSF is quite clearly an egomaniaz, amirite?

Wow, that's a big letdown, at least for me. 2 more months before nightmare mode DF and then another 2 months before DP nightmare? You are stretching the current content way to long. Guess that will mean we won't see any new Operation until August or September. Really disappointing. Current PvE Progression Teams are already bored to hell farming DF/DP HM over and over again so 2 more month before "new" content is way to long. If you would at least release both nightmares at the same time it would have been okay to wait 2 months, but 2+2 is just stupid.

The only thing I am looking forward to are the new Flashpoints. I hope they have a nice story...

I'm not sure why you're assuming the bolded statement above. They stated that they're working on new Operations and that 2.8 would be the biggest update they've ever done. What makes you think that it won't include a new operation?

Predictable moanage galore lol.

It's good to hear there are 2 digital expansions to look forward to this year. And an epic culmination at the end of the year could herald in a third non digital one...

Less speculatory, 2.7 looks proper beefy. Seems to be something for everyone in it, flashpoints, nightmare mode, warzone, GS... and 2.8 is larger still apparently.

Yea DF and DP are rehashed scenery but hey isn't it about the CHALLENGE *wink*?

All in all the blog doesn't say much, as expected, but it paints a satisfactory image for me. Would I like a hutball league announcement? You bet ya. Still Ill take the one map and a promise of a 2014 that looks better than 2013, which is the most I dare to expect after 2012. :p

So, I'm pretty excited for most of what is on the list. The Flashpoint stuff looks pretty awesome, and getting two new expansions this year is awesome, I wonder if it'll raise the level cap to 60? And if it adds a new planet (Or more then one) It'll give me more stuff to record, so that is always nice. And with some of the story stuff they talked about at the community cantina, it looks like this will be a fun year.

Of course, this is just me being positive, which I know will label me as a BioDrone or a defender.) :rolleyes:

Theres a gear grind advantage?

Well, I'm going to try the other MMOs coming out this year, but I'm curious about the two expansions. GSF is a big let down, but I really enjoyed ROTHC. So hopefully at least one of the expansions will be to my liking.

Will be interested to see when they come out too, there must be a fair gap between the two to make it worth launching both in the same year, maybe June and 2.8 is one and December is the other...

Anyways, at least the double xp will give me a chance to get a few more characters to 55 in preparation.

Was there a point somewhere which you were trying to make? Could you elaborate?

You made a big stink about the ESO CE, so I helpfully pointed out that every game these days has a big, superfluous CE that bestows a bunch of advantages on the player.

Sorry if that wasn't obvious.

There is one change to our development cadence I would like to share: In order to increase our testing time before Game Updates, we are going to move to a 3 week cycle between minor patches, instead of two weeks. While this does mean we are moving to a 9 week cadence for the major content updates, we feel the benefit of catching pesky bugs and improving quality is worth it and we remain committed to hitting our deadlines for all of our major content updates this year.

I'll bet all the money I've spent on CM packs that a 3 week patch schedule helps to fix absolutely zero extra bugs.

Edited by Beslley