Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

As I have played from launch, this is not enough to keep me interested.

With the extra money made from cartel coin purchases and money from subs, this is a big disappointment to me that there is no new OP, just putting out NiM's is not enough.

When I cancel my swtor sub to use for ESO soon, I will hope there is a REAL incentive for me to re-sub for swtor in the future.

I think you need to hold off on the "No New Op" just because they didn't mention it. Remember they put the summer of swtor in May and may no mention of DF/DP until August (2 months before the release). They didn't even mention treek until 2.4: Titans of the Industry went live. They like to keep some things under wraps.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

What a disapointment...

Like another user has told here...

More then superfluous stuff, SWTOR, is in dire need of a major story content update...

Many say they don´t care... for me its all that can be on a Bioware Focused Story MMO.

Where is the imersion of the story runs flat at level 50?

For any PVE that is interested on a real SW game, story must come FIRST then the rest of the crap...

Bioware if not listening their fan base... various pools show that ppl want more story content... I want more story content...

Ofc this takes more money to make, less crappy stuff to put on the Cartel Market, and less profit...

But this will keep new comers and old veterans engaged on more content for more time...

I for on sure hope that BIOWARE pay attention to this... Because StarFighters crap will not save this game from going dowhill really fast...

I cannot stop thinking what a wasted oportunity this hole game was...

And incredible universe, and incredible cinematic experience, what and amadorish work... :(

LPC

I think the story has been pretty good come post 50. I enjoyed the makeb storyline, (especially if you play both sides), and the cz-198 backstory. And the Dread Master storyline was a good run at how each operation in the game was tied to them. Story is going to come, anybody that thinks Bioware is going to stop doing story content is overracting.

Or more like its because its space combat, and no one was asking for space PvP. All the complaints about space content at release focused on the combat-on-rails nature, not on it being PvE content. Players wanted free movement space PvE.

Granted, most players are long gone; one wonders why they developed GSF in the first place, given that. It's obvious that the KotoR fans were all who remained to carry the game, and BWA's Mythic pedigree provided the game a unique enough (ground) PvP experience to be memorable, especially with most MMOs offering only bare-bones arenas for PvP these days.

Was there some sort of public polling done on this, with GSF being the least terrible option?

I was asking for space pvp

How would they turn two flashpoints on two different planets into one warzone map?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for new WZ's getting added (since I use PvP to bolster my leveling with dailies and weeklies and it would shut the PvP players up for a while), but I just don't see how you make two flashpoints on two different planets into one warzone?

Its actually not that complicated you take the basis of the fp map, for both korriban, and tython. After you got the map, you remove all npcs from the flash point map. Then you have the imps start on the side of the map, where the imperial forces would be and the republic where the republic forces are located. First round your invade tython as the empire, and defending if your republic. Second round your invading korriban as the republic, and defending korriban as the empire. Just like voidstar the best of two rounds wins. Of course this is speculation, I am assuming both flash points will be based on sacking the temples on Korriban and Tython.

(Hopeful) Prediction:

The "RotHC" style expansion will feature HM Kuat, Colicoid Wargames, Red Reaper, and HM versions of the Tython and Korriban flashpoints (if they don't come with them already.), as well as a new flashpoint to tie up the story. It'll (hopefully) come with 2-3 planets, as well as (hopefully) 2 new operations pertaining to the shroud, and maybe two sideline quests leading up to em. This one will either be what 2.10 or 2.9 would be, or the end of the year patch.

The "GSF" style expansion will probably feature a new type of mini-game/feature, most likely being player housing or podracing, with some customization stuff added. I expect this to be "the" RP-update.

The reason why we would go to Tython or Korriban confuses me, but it'll probably be something pertaining to The Shroud, Revan, Kephess, or Malgus.

Overall I'm mostly only excited for the flashpoints and 2 expansions.. but apparently 2.8 is supposed to be big, so there's that..

March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!

good. My sub ends right before then, so this will help me as Preferred.

The rest of the crap in the "roadmap"? The reason I'll be Preferred. Other games to play that actually put out more content on a regular basis and don't just write about it. SWtoR development pace just does not justify a sub imho.

And for you after a 15% less subs is still a good way to do the right thing? Ohh com'on.

actually it is 13% less subs. but lets take your percentage anyway. We know a year ago they had around 500K subs. its 15% less this year. You know where they puts the number at now? 425K subs. I think the game is going to be fine and the more content they add will bring more subs in.

(Hopeful) Prediction:

The "RotHC" style expansion will feature HM Kuat, Colicoid Wargames, Red Reaper, and HM versions of the Tython and Korriban flashpoints (if they don't come with them already.), as well as a new flashpoint to tie up the story. It'll (hopefully) come with 2-3 planets, as well as (hopefully) 2 new operations pertaining to the shroud, and maybe two sideline quests leading up to em. This one will either be what 2.10 or 2.9 would be, or the end of the year patch.

The "GSF" style expansion will probably feature a new type of mini-game/feature, most likely being player housing or podracing, with some customization stuff added. I expect this to be "the" RP-update.

The reason why we would go to Tython or Korriban confuses me, but it'll probably be something pertaining to The Shroud, Revan, Kephess, or Malgus.

Overall I'm mostly only excited for the flashpoints and 2 expansions.. but apparently 2.8 is supposed to be big, so there's that..

LOL Kephess.

Anyway, I suspect the Content in 2.8 will include a flashpoing in either Ziost (Republic) or Ossus (Empire). The republic side is a series of battles that culminates in fighting, and killing, Emperor Vitiate. The Empire has a series of battle that culminates in fighting, and killing, Revan.

Or maybe, at the last second, Vitiate/Revan teleport out of there using the force and Kephess shows up, and you have to kill him again.

My personal opinion is that BW should be focusing more on developing a stable build of the game instead of focusing on releasing 1 Operation every 2 month. Every time they do a weekly maintenance they break something; be that a entire quest or quest item or object related to quest or datacron or flashpoint; then they put up a hotfix a week later which in turn breaks something else, not to mention there are quests that are broken for so long(1 heroic on imp side belsavis starting area and 1 rep heroic in belsavis tomb area for example) despite reporting them numerous times, these are simply ugly to look at. focus on fixing which are broken already and develop a stable build, then add 1 Operations every 2 month. i am sure that is not much to ask.

"New huttball map"?

Blarg.

So you're saying that huge waste of resources that should've gone to the actual game is your fault?

At least GSF is an attempt at something new, especially something that was requested by players, instead of 'yet another operation' I personally couldn't care less about.

Edited by Karkais

I was worried there wouldn't be much on the table this year but this roadmap looks pretty good. can't wait to find out what the biggest update yet is gonna be, plus makeb type expansion and gag type expansion. I loved makeb so all good for me. I'm hoping I get finally get to customise my ship this year. some more companions would be good to. I would think the makeb expansion will have at least one new op so great news.

Laaaadies and gentlemen! Allow us to present to you, the roadmap of PvP for 2014! Brace yourselves!

First out - do you remember that Huttball map we said we would be "coming next", about 5-6 months ago?

Yeah, well we're releasing that in 2-3 months..

The End.

Personally, not very impressed. Can only hope they have ALOT of stuff for PvP that they can't reveal yet. But if that was true, they should at least say so.

Sad when the only thing I'm even remotely excited about is the double xp weekend. Yippee. I can level alt number 22.

Your roadmap team needs to seriously wake up and realize what this game needs is an extension of individual class and companion stories, and player housing and crafting for household decorations. You could even sell some decorations on the cartel shop.

To be quite frank and blunt here, I don't give two ****s about your Galactic Starfighter and the stuff you add to it. Pfft.

So much for your road map. Sorry. :( Guess I'll be letting my sub lapse out. Not paying for those 'offerings.'

Edited by Lunafox

lol kephess.

Anyway, i suspect the content in 2.8 will include a flashpoing in either ziost (republic) or ossus (empire). The republic side is a series of battles that culminates in fighting, and killing, emperor vitiate. The empire has a series of battle that culminates in fighting, and killing, revan.

Or maybe, at the last second, vitiate/revan teleport out of there using the force and kephess shows up, and you have to kill him again.

brilliant!

Sad when the only thing I'm even remotely excited about is the double xp weekend. Yippee. I can level alt number 22.

Your roadmap team needs to seriously wake up and realize what this game needs is an extension of individual class and companion stories, and player housing and crafting for household decorations. You could even sell some decorations on the cartel shop.

To be quite frank and blunt here, I don't give two ****s about your Galactic Starfighter and the stuff you add to it. Pfft.

So much for your road map. Sorry. :( Guess I'll be letting my sub lapse out. Not paying for those 'offerings.'

They have already said for over a year now that they are not continuing the class stories

You may not give two cents about Galactic Starfighter, but many people like myself are greatly enjoying this new content, giving us something to do other than the typical mmo things.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

If there are to be any expansions this year it needs to be a single massive expansion that adds Chapters 5-8 to the main class stories. That is the kind of content expansion the game needs. Not more of this fluff and fair for the privileged Subscriber base to scream about their kill counts and times pwned in pvp arena's.

So, what you're essentially saying is you want limited dev. resources that are paid for by the subscribers (and CM!) to be put to use giving the non-subscribers more story content?

While i'm not adverse to more story content, personally I'd think more frequent updates than one big one would be more beneficial. Updates that don't just pamper to my own personal preferences in how I like to play this game.

Would be nice if they spent the time giving updates to all areas of the game, not just a singular vision of how you see the game.

The added cycle time for bug testing is welcome news, perhaps ironing out existing bugs before pushing new content out would be a sensible idea?

Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Does this mean one PvP expansion and one PvE storyline expansion?

Edited by DataBeaver

Yawns.....well there's another double xp weekend anyway. I'll finish my last class stories & prob unsubscribe. I'm not interested in NiM, HM, PvP, & as long as there are no options to use a controller/joystick I have NO interest in GSF. Thankfully there are plenty of games coming out for the PS4. :cool:

Sooooooo hi ho hi ho....back to consoles I go....

The only thing im remotely exited about are the new flash points for rep and emp on tython and korriban. at slightly looking forward to the new storyline but not really that impressed i mean first you promise us class story and all the sudden you dont.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has really grown and changed over the last year - veterans that have been with us since launch know what I mean.

Yes, veterans know exactly what you mean. The game losing most of it's player base and switching to life support until F2P was strapped on, more nickel & diming, larger focus on Cartel Market, throwing CE owners aside, abandoning class stories and replacing them with bland, repetitive shared stories which aren't even a fraction as entertaining as class stories, nothing having a feel of value in the game, poor community management....yup...we know what you mean.

Only change I can see for me is Star Citizen (and hell, I enjoy the Star Citizen forums more the past few months, than my time in SWTOR since Beta...if only SWTOR didn't deviate so damn much from the original plan).

Edited by Eillack

Yes, veterans know exactly what you mean. The game losing most of it's player base and switching to life support until F2P was strapped on, more nickel & diming, larger focus on Cartel Market, throwing CE owners aside, abandoning class stories and replacing them with bland, repetitive shared stories which aren't even a fraction as entertaining as class stories, nothing having a feel of value in the game, poor community management....yup...we know what you mean.

Only change I can see for me is Star Citizen (and hell, I enjoy the Star Citizen forums more the past few months, than my time in SWTOR since Beta...if only SWTOR didn't deviate so damn much from the original plan).

Just speaking for myself, I hope SC is the amazing game that you want it to be, if only to clear a few loud and angry voices out of these forums for good.

I doubt that's the case, but I can hope.