Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

The game did evolved since launch, and it just gets better :). Thanks for sharing, looking forward to see new class/faction content. Keep up the good work guys, haters gonna hate but be sure that there's a ton of people out there that love this game as well :).

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have played from launch, this is not enough to keep me interested.

With the extra money made from cartel coin purchases and money from subs, this is a big disappointment to me that there is no new OP, just putting out NiM's is not enough.

When I cancel my swtor sub to use for ESO soon, I will hope there is a REAL incentive for me to re-sub for swtor in the future.

Hi!

What a disapointment...

Like another user has told here...

More then superfluous stuff, SWTOR, is in dire need of a major story content update...

Many say they don´t care... for me its all that can be on a Bioware Focused Story MMO.

Where is the imersion of the story runs flat at level 50?

For any PVE that is interested on a real SW game, story must come FIRST then the rest of the crap...

Bioware if not listening their fan base... various pools show that ppl want more story content... I want more story content...

Ofc this takes more money to make, less crappy stuff to put on the Cartel Market, and less profit...

But this will keep new comers and old veterans engaged on more content for more time...

I for on sure hope that BIOWARE pay attention to this... Because StarFighters crap will not save this game from going dowhill really fast...

I cannot stop thinking what a wasted oportunity this hole game was...

And incredible universe, and incredible cinematic experience, what and amadorish work... :(

LPC

Probably because it takes away your gear grind advantage and makes it more skill based than regular PvP, which exposes to your fragile egos that you really aren't as good as you think you are.
Or more like its because its space combat, and no one was asking for space PvP. All the complaints about space content at release focused on the combat-on-rails nature, not on it being PvE content. Players wanted free movement space PvE.

Granted, most players are long gone; one wonders why they developed GSF in the first place, given that. It's obvious that the KotoR fans were all who remained to carry the game, and BWA's Mythic pedigree provided the game a unique enough (ground) PvP experience to be memorable, especially with most MMOs offering only bare-bones arenas for PvP these days.

Was there some sort of public polling done on this, with GSF being the least terrible option?

Edited by Ansultares

I participated in the GSF Beta. Shelved it after Day One. Looked nice, but the keyboard-style of space flight wasn't my cup of tea. Don't know a person in my guild or on my friends list that runs GSF, and I play on a PvP Server.

That doesn't mean the content doesn't warrant updates and some love. I'm sure there are plenty of people that dig it. However, I hope BW doesn't consider it "PvP content" as I believe the demographic for the GSF mini-game to be its own animal.

I agree that the play style of GSF takes some getting used to and that it isn't for everyone. I also agree that GSF isn't even in the same ballpark as the ground game.

I have to disagree with the notion that GSF isn't very popular. I understand that on some servers it isn't very popular and one of the PvP servers is having trouble drumming up interest, But I play GSF on 3 different PvE servers and haven no problem getting my daily every day or my weekly. I have considerably more Pop's on JC than I do on Bastion and Shadowlands but then again I'm only have Pubs on Shadowlands and Bastion.

Let me guess, you queued up for a wz, started deathmatching in the Pit, and then came to the conclusion that you lost because of gear?

Nothing to see here people.

that's such an awesome conclusion you came to. I totally que for a WZ with my tanks and start deathmatching in The Pit......omg that totally makes perfect sense I'm so glad you pointed that out. A bolstered lvl 30 is not even remotely on point with a lvl 50, gear wise, ability wise any of that. Warzones are predominately gear based and even the slightest bit of teamwork will win it. Your attacks and defenses are all based on accuracy/defense rolls. You don't have to lead, you simply need to be "facing" the target. There is nothing skill based about a warzone at all. You can't avoid the hits they're based on a roll system that is not existent in the skill based GSF system where you have to lead, maneuver, etc.

that's such an awesome conclusion you came to. I totally que for a WZ with my tanks and start deathmatching in The Pit......omg that totally makes perfect sense I'm so glad you pointed that out. A bolstered lvl 30 is not even remotely on point with a lvl 50, gear wise, ability wise any of that. Warzones are predominately gear based and even the slightest bit of teamwork will win it. Your attacks and defenses are all based on accuracy/defense rolls. You don't have to lead, you simply need to be "facing" the target. There is nothing skill based about a warzone at all. You can't avoid the hits they're based on a roll system that is not existent in the skill based GSF system where you have to lead, maneuver, etc.

Such ignorance... There's no such thing as a gear gap in lowbies. All players have almost exactly the same stats in lowbies, the only advantage a levelled up player has is access to higher level talent tree skills.

At level 55, unless you queue up in PvE raid level gear, there's no gear gap. A guy in level 40 greens can fight on par with a guy in Conqueror thanks to Bolster.

Finally, if PvP is so easy, tell me, why do people fail so hard at it? Clearly there's a lack of logic here, if it's easy, then every random dude with no brain would have been fighting on par with me, and i'd be on par with all the uber Ranked players. Clearly, that's not the case, so I think you're quite wrong about ground PvP being easy.

Oh, and yeah, there is a luck based accuracy in GSF. have you read the tooltips for skills like barrel roll and koiogran turn? And have you never fired at point blank range right at the ship and missed because accuracy rolled against you?

Or more like its because its space combat, and no one was asking for space PvP. All the complaints about space content at release focused on the combat-on-rails nature, not on it being PvE content. Players wanted free movement space PvE.

Granted, most players are long gone; one wonders why they developed GSF in the first place, given that. It's obvious that the KotoR fans were all who remained to carry the game, and BWA's Mythic pedigree provided the game a unique enough (ground) PvP experience to be memorable, especially with most MMOs offering only bare-bones arenas for PvP these days.

Was there some sort of public polling done on this, with GSF being the least terrible option?

I agree with only one thing you said, no one wanted Space combat on rails. As for the rest of your comment... Well...

Actually there were a lot of people asking for Space combat and space pvp. I recall MANY threads commenting, "how can you NOT have a well thought out, well developed space combat in a STAR WARS game." Most of those threads turned into we want JtLS style space pvp etc. So your statement that no one was asking for Space pvp is false.

FYI GSF is wildly popular, I play on 3 servers and only have issues with Que pop's on the Bastion. I still get my weekly with in an hour to hour and a half on all 3 servers. Much quicker on JC though.

Are you even playing the same game the rest of us are playing? I'm thinking that your view of the game is fairly skewed to the extreme negative side of the house...

Finally, if PvP is so easy, tell me, why do people fail so hard at it?

Asd rolling on the floor right now :D

Leave him, noobs always complain about gear.

Even with PvE gear I'm most of the time the best healer of the WZ, both side... pffff people that can't play PvP and complain about gear.

ahahahahahaha ROFL

You know:

• too much coding
  • too much work
  • too much resources
  • too much don't know what to write
  • too much engine problem
  • too FEW frame rate

ETC ETC ETC.

Still on the "WALL OF CRAZY" BW™

I always fire people that give me excuses. :cool:

I always seem to find people that don't make excuses when they learn the last guy got fired, people get stuff down with a little motivation

My only request.......No new levels UNLESS they do class story expansions.

It's fine the first run through but I could really do with out having to push 8 characters through a

Makeb style quest line again, it gets very redundent

of course most ppl prefer WZs over GSF. A Warzone requires zero skill it's all about your gear, literally all about gear. GSF on the other hand is a majority skill based system where gear is taken into account but is NOT the sole deciding factor. GSF>WZ

1.) Bolster

2.) There's a gear gap in GSF as well. Go cry somewhere else.

I always fire people that give me excuses. :cool:

I always seem to find people that don't make excuses when they learn the last guy got fired, people get stuff down with a little motivation

Yeah, take a look at the producer that wrote this roadmap

http://www.igxe.com/news/game-news-30803.html#.UvBKqfl5O5s

and his first post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

So great work with warhammer, he came to swtor six months earlier of the warhammer shutdown... lol

And since then, no more "juicy informations" for us... until is time...

Edited by Elminster_cs

I'm so excited for these updates especially 2.7. Makeb style expansion means level cap and new world/story to go with it. New GSF style expansion all but confirms in my warped world player housing! :D

I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control cause I think I like it!

I honestly expected something better. But more than that, I expected something more revolutionary like the ability to defect to the other faction (Imperial Commando, Republic Agent) new classes (especially a Droid class) or the Jawa, Kaleesh or Abyssin as playable races.

Also, please note that many people asked Thana Vesh to be a playable companion too.

Hear the community. They have many great ideas for the game.

And most important of all: IMPROVE OPEN WORLD PVP. It is awesome, and I really, really think it could become the best feature of the game. You just have to improve it and promote it. Add rewards, skills and ranks, conquerable outposts and fortresses and the like.

Once again I feel like I am not going to be heard by devs. But oh well...

Edited by AmphysvenaCorp

And TO ME most important of all: IMPROVE OPEN WORLD PVP. It is awesome, and I really, really think it could become the best feature of the game. You just have to improve it and promote it. Add rewards, skills and ranks, conquerable outposts and fortresses and the like.

Once again I feel like I am not going to be heard by devs. But oh well...

Fixed that for you

Personally and of my own opinion PvP is horrific, I want nothing to do with it, could care less about it and despise when my PVE experience is effed up because of PvP balances. So nah don't care about PvP

I'll take your negative speculations seriously when they actually say something that backs up said speculation. Which in no way implies that I think they will ever do PvP content to the satisfaction of many avid MMO PvPers.

Yea, I was expressing a concern...I have no clue what they are going to do in the future. But, it's not like they haven't neglected PvP content before. I mean, they ended up removing 8vs8 ranked and had one hell of an extended pre season. Then they went on to put a lot of emphasize on arenas.

BW can also divert their resources at any time.

of course most ppl prefer WZs over GSF. A Warzone requires zero skill it's all about your gear, literally all about gear. GSF on the other hand is a majority skill based system where gear is taken into account but is NOT the sole deciding factor. GSF>WZ

There's this thing called bolster...One can easily have 2018 exp without being in full PvP gear...It can be achieved with easy to get gear.

There's a minimal stat difference between conqueror and obroan gear...

If you're standing still, you're doing it wrong.

There are these things called objectives one needs to be paying attention to. And of course, focusing the right targets.

I've been in WZs where despite one team tearing apart the other team, the other team won due to making a smart play at the right time.

Guard swapping, taunting, working as a team, breaking stuns at the right time, stunning at the right time, stunning the right target, knowing when to use defensive abilities, etc etc...

I really wish I could agree with you here, but flashpoints have much less staying power than operations. Even in HM, at best they will be tuned for 72 gear, but more likely tuned for 69 and drop 72s. Once I've maxed reputation with them, I won't bother going back in.

And that operations event boss was a joke. I don't mean joke as in "easy", lots of groups certainly wiped. I mean it was the laziest boss fight we've seen for a while. Stay out of circles, kill the adds, kill the boss...that's it. At least TC required interrupts, canister management, and for people to scramble out of the big red laser. And Xeno gave us things to click on, a target to switch to and kill within a timer, some adds to tank and kill, and other adds to be kited. All mechanics that made the fights interesting, for a time. I was bored of eyeless by the 3rd pull.

I would rather have a operation boss like that where there's alot of moving with coordination than an absolute borefest like TC where its' just rinse and repeat over and over again. I refuse to do TC and is the worst boss they have implemented.

Think this might be my first post and I've been playing since beta, but this update is the first time I felt the need to get on and say anything.

Although I'm really happy to finally see the opportunity to be part of a war against the opposing faction instead of the neutral enemies we've been operating against since launch, this time line is a recipe for disaster at least for myself personally. There is no way I'll still be playing if the only new operations planned before June are NiM versions of current content. I really hope the team at SWTOR can find a way to make something happen to affect change in the current plans new content.

When was the last time you seen Bioware move UP a date?

And for you after a 15% less subs is still a good way to do the right thing? Ohh com'on.

I have no problem of having 6-8 months of introducing new ops. Many people on my server I know still haven't cleared HM DF and DP ops. Besides i find other things in the game to do like GSF, level alts or warzones, or doing flash points. Either way I always find something to do.

Edited by MisterBlackJack