Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

And there has been a new event with an ops in itself (repeatable), new flash points that are coming and we know there is a new expansion coming down the road this year.

The point I am trying to make is that even though there maybe 10 months before a new ops there are still tons of things to do in the game PvE wise besides ops. So there's at least something to do PvE wise.

I really wish I could agree with you here, but flashpoints have much less staying power than operations. Even in HM, at best they will be tuned for 72 gear, but more likely tuned for 69 and drop 72s. Once I've maxed reputation with them, I won't bother going back in.

And that operations event boss was a joke. I don't mean joke as in "easy", lots of groups certainly wiped. I mean it was the laziest boss fight we've seen for a while. Stay out of circles, kill the adds, kill the boss...that's it. At least TC required interrupts, canister management, and for people to scramble out of the big red laser. And Xeno gave us things to click on, a target to switch to and kill within a timer, some adds to tank and kill, and other adds to be kited. All mechanics that made the fights interesting, for a time. I was bored of eyeless by the 3rd pull.

Edited by NoFishing

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the information given in the Cantina Q&A and the big points and small details of this roadmap, I think it's safe to say that 2.7 starts a new story pitting Empire directly against Republic, presumably ending with a confrontation involving Revan and the Emperor (his true self) which ultimately has to lead to a very... expansive... expansion. After all, they can't keep delaying the end of the story, but they also can't simply end it. They said there would be two expansions in in 2014. The first would obviously be the official start of Galactic Starfighter. The second, I would imagine, will add a completely new... something, to the game. Something bigger than GSF. I can only imagine what that might be.

just some more suggestions...

high flying Thranta mounts

more exciting music haha

Trooper Bounty/hunter Jump jets as an Aoe style of target area then deploy

level 60, level 65, level 70 through to 100 bring it! :)

something similar to an ATST as a mount with a birds eye view and a laser turret/auto turret

unique and exclusive Craft-able customizable Cyborg combat abilities

a hybrid class that uses a blaster in one hand and a lightsaber in the other with raw untrained and unique force abilities..

Bounty Hunters are awesome! but how about Imperial Commandos... (Storm Troopers & an SS class)(with a Republic Cyborg Security-Agent to balance it out, the possibilities are endless here surprise me...)

unique and exclusive Craft-able damage dealing/healing/shielding droid pets usable both in PVE and PVP warzones up to 3 at a time...

Anakin Solo went super saiyan light side in The New Jedi order series... more spectacular graphics perhaps?... ;)

could I introduce this concept of a heroic ability that involves overwhelming firepower, Hulk Smash! ;)

maybe a plasma whip...

the introduction of the concept of a droid Jedi, that it is possessed with the Ghost of a much loved Jedi that died (the ghost in the machine)(not wishing for release but immortality)

A demon summoning beast master class hahaha

more secret discover-able items other than just data-crons perhaps with a random re-spawn that provide new training the shade of a dead Jedi or Sith as a mentor and trainer in exclusive and super rare abilities

Could bring PVP space Combat into atmospheric conditions... Bespin perhaps... :)

A Darth Vader suit available as an extremely Rare item with maybe a back story..

New species (not gungun) (what was Yoda's species anyway...)

multi-phase adjustable length and color/damage type lightsabers for that surprise attack (some lightsabers were known to extend many many meters in length for a surprise lunge or perhaps burst into flame...

A third Tier Specialization for each sub class...

thrown lightsabers are great, how about force wielded lightsabers?!?

a second active companion

being able to use multiple medpacks per fight in PVP warzones 2 or 3 with a reasonably quick cool down rate (only purchasable on the Cartel Market, with maybe a super rare crafting unlock)

multiple shoulder & side cannons, with more rockets (introduced gradually)

Active Legacy combat abilities should be expanded and opened up (use-able in PVP warzones) perhaps find ways of making awesome abilities with a really good graphic more exclusive with different paths to unlocking them., (this could be a new range of items for the cartel market, or with a list of goals to achieve to unlock it)

A new type of non-mobile stealth for snipers/gunslingers called adaptive camouflage, and a boomerang style sniper detection scanner

The introduction of an electronic genre of music (Dubstep) in cantinas/social unlocks

new types of force/force users classes (for example the witches of Dathomir)

First person mode War-zones with more HUD customization's available perhaps it could be integrated with a multi-button mouse, a hybrid gaming keyboard, or game-pad instead of having to click abilities on screen??? also the ability to jump into tanks/walkers, fighters/bombers as well for a more atmospheric style combat, could also introduce the "vertical element" into this style of game-play for ground troops via jump jets...

Mounts and or Pets that do damage

An inter-galactic Yuuzhan Vong invasion and the introduction of Organic Technologies/Implants e.g. lambent crystals, dovin basals etc etc etc

Event Invasions/Incursions from several different sectors of the Star Wars universe

The Introduction of the Yuuzhan Vong Species and class

The introduction of the Noghri species and Noghri assassin class, Noghri death commando (martial arts etc) with a Ysalamir force blocking creature as a pet

New Planet suggestions: Obroa-skai, Carida, Dagobah, Yavin 4, moon of Endor, Bespin, Sluis Van, Yuuzhan'tar, Mon-Calamari, Dathomir, Wayland, Kashyyk, Selonia, Drall, Talus, and Tralus, Thyferra

please hire me... haha

Edited by AnarchySolo
grammar etc more ideas

They said there would be two expansions in in 2014. The first would obviously be the official start of Galactic Starfighter. The second, I would imagine, will add a completely new... something, to the game. Something bigger than GSF. I can only imagine what that might be.

Actually they are counting GSF as one of their 2nd 2013 expansion. So presumably the content of both expansions for 2014 remains to be seen. I'm guessing 2.8 will be the GSF-level of expansion, with a larger one (3.0?) in October.

Think this might be my first post and I've been playing since beta, but this update is the first time I felt the need to get on and say anything.

Although I'm really happy to finally see the opportunity to be part of a war against the opposing faction instead of the neutral enemies we've been operating against since launch, this time line is a recipe for disaster at least for myself personally. There is no way I'll still be playing if the only new operations planned before June are NiM versions of current content. I really hope the team at SWTOR can find a way to make something happen to affect change in the current plans new content.

It's actually quite fun.

I used to do only PvE and I dumped all of that for GSF.

I participated in the GSF Beta. Shelved it after Day One. Looked nice, but the keyboard-style of space flight wasn't my cup of tea. Don't know a person in my guild or on my friends list that runs GSF, and I play on a PvP Server.

That doesn't mean the content doesn't warrant updates and some love. I'm sure there are plenty of people that dig it. However, I hope BW doesn't consider it "PvP content" as I believe the demographic for the GSF mini-game to be its own animal.

this new content is all well and good but why aren't some of the older game mechanics being supported as well? For example light saber crafting (this is one heck of an incredible void). Bioware not talking about the positives of crafted gear for those in the 10-49 range vs moddable gear in the same range. Lack of mid level operations, advanced class diversity, new classes, an actual WANTED lore based species not that stupid cat we got. Then we can get into some of the newer game mechanics like PvE GSF. So much emphasis is put on end game end game end game and everything at mid level is vastly ignored.

What about CHAT BUBBLES? Surely you have them on the roadmap for this year, right? RIGHT?!

Chat bubbles are never going to happen just like cross server queues are never going to happen. All I want is cross server queues and the return of 8v8 ranked...So this road map was completely meh to me. Only thing worth mentioning is a new huttball map...but what good is that without 8v8 ranked and the fact that warzones are randomized? I'll probably see it once a week just like the current huttball -_-

That doesn't mean it's not pvp just because it isn't the pvp you prefer I actually love GSF over ground pvp

I'm pretty sure most people who PvP prefer WZs and arenas over GSF.

My concern is that they'll just put all their efforts into one form of PvP while neglecting the other one.

I hope BW doesn't consider it "PvP content" as I believe the demographic for the GSF mini-game to be its own animal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they consider changes to GSF to be PvP content and then go on to neglect the ground variant.

We have two different forms of PvP that need their own separate content updates. Not updates that add to one and fail to do anything for the other. Then when we ask about updates for the one being neglected, we'll all just be told that they made updates to PvP so we can all shut the **** up now.

My concern is that they'll just put all their efforts into one form of PvP while neglecting the other one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they consider changes to GSF to be PvP content and then go on to neglect the ground variant.

We have two different forms of PvP that need their own separate content updates. Not updates that add to one and fail to do anything for the other. Then when we ask about updates for the one being neglected, we'll all just be told that they made updates to PvP so we can all shut the **** up now.

Since they formed a new team for ongoing GSF work, I do not see where you make such a speculative leap of faith.

All signs indicate they intend to expand everything in the game over time. When they decide to stop extending content.. they actually tell us .... evidence the ongoing drama in the forum over "no more class stories".

I'll take your negative speculations seriously when they actually say something that backs up said speculation. Which in no way implies that I think they will ever do PvP content to the satisfaction of many avid MMO PvPers.

of course most ppl prefer WZs over GSF. A Warzone requires zero skill it's all about your gear, literally all about gear. GSF on the other hand is a majority skill based system where gear is taken into account but is NOT the sole deciding factor. GSF>WZ

Actually they are counting GSF as one of their 2nd 2013 expansion. So presumably the content of both expansions for 2014 remains to be seen. I'm guessing 2.8 will be the GSF-level of expansion, with a larger one (3.0?) in October.

True story:

Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

I guess we'll see what comes.

My impression of the roadmap is that BW is placing a lot of its eggs in the GSF basket in the near term. They invested a lot of development effort into it, and they want it to be something the players like. Indeed, there are people that are playing it, but I just don't know any of them. As a (bad) pvper, I far prefer warzones/arenas to GSF. And in general, prefer all of the rest of the game BW delivered to GSF. I wanted to like it, but it's just not something I'm interested in.

At my core, I'm one of those progression raiders. My main is 100% min/maxed in 78 gear. At this point, there is literally no reason to log that toon in until 2.7 is released. So, I like that the roadmap tells me there is NiM content on the horizon, but wonder what I'll do for the next 2 months, while I wait for just HALF of the content is that is already due.

At the Phoenix cantina event, I made a point to tell Eric and Ben that due to the fact Oricon story rewards Basic gear, flashpoint content rewards are all but useless, and are no longer required in a newbie 55's progression. Outside Czerka (implants/earpieces that you can find on the gtn for pennies), you can't get any useful gear from doing them. Although they won't say what the average player finds most popular, it was obvious to me that flashpoints are currently very popular, which is why they are delivering more of them. That's when they admitted that they might not have gearing rewards set correctly across all of the LVL 55 content right now. A discussion about how to get end game relics ensued...but I digress.

Edited by Kurin

of course most ppl prefer WZs over GSF. A Warzone requires zero skill it's all about your gear, literally all about gear.

People that talk about PvP aaaaand never played it. Is NOT about gear, but mates AND player/s skils.

Edited by Elminster_cs

Except for new Huttball map (first new warzone in like 16 months!?) I see nothing interesting here. Sure, new Flashpoints can be fun, but not to keep me interested for many hours.

Can't wait for new expansions, but it looks like coming months are going to be really boring and empty so I think I will just take a break from game for some time...

Edited by Apophis_

of course most ppl prefer WZs over GSF. A Warzone requires zero skill it's all about your gear, literally all about gear. GSF on the other hand is a majority skill based system where gear is taken into account but is NOT the sole deciding factor. GSF>WZ

Let me guess, you queued up for a wz, started deathmatching in the Pit, and then came to the conclusion that you lost because of gear?

Nothing to see here people.

You know what I'm impressed, EA/Bioware can learn new tricks after all!! It's nice that you guys are paying attention to us & are actually giving us some real plans to chew on! Makes me feel like you appreciate my business, although, I doubt it lol. I really like the idea of a new Hutt Ball map, & while I'm not a huge fan of Flash Points the "Drive Yards" FP does seem interesting. Can we get a raid like that?

PS: That Rise of Hutt Cartel-ish X-pack better have class stories.....that's all I'm saying. The community has spoken on the matter!