The Old Republic Insider – January 2014

CourtneyWoods

All that PVE, PVP and Cartel Market stuff talked about in the video may be fine, but what about chat bubbles? Don't you think after 2+ years of promises, grueling wait and shady excuses it's time to finally deliver them to us?

What promises? They said they'd look into it, and then said they couldn't put them into the game without causing lag.

Was there some promise I missed?

Greetings,

New Flashpoint, new area in fleet relating to already amazing Starfighter, new event (likely Rakghoul plague), new stuff on Cartel market, com'on this is incredible, thank you very much Bioware...

Best regards!.

There should be a mode where you can attack and defend space stations from interior and exterior for starfighter :D:D:D:D:D

Needs more Hood Toggle.

Also needs more class story REPLAY.

Also needs at least ONE PVE Starfighter gig beyond tutorial that would build up both experience with the new mode and points (though perhaps not as much as say a deathmatch or PVP would) so you can buy upgrades. Lots of noobs out there to the mode, myself included, who get picked off like flies without a proper chance to explore the gameplay capabilities.

The Force brought me a vision:

Look at all the great things coming!

1. Esseles bugs fixed

2. separating hard and nightmare lockouts (addressed as priority in July)

3. Old Galactic Market speeder pad area mount bug fixed

4. legacy cargo hold

5. unify colors doesn't reset when you modify a mod slot that isn't a dye

Sadly, now that I am checking, it seems that this vision is still one of a far off future.

"A LOT" of stuff!

"A LOT" lol... :rolleyes::D

Also, where the :rak_02: new ground pvp warzone!? Something huttball related as i know...

Doesn't look impressive. I hope you guys can put some real content out by April. Otherwise you're going to take a massive population dip when a better game comes out.

Yeah. :(

Edited by Glower

Sounds awesome! I'm hoping for some more maps and gamemodes for Galactic Starfighter this year and some more Tactical Flashpoints centered around GSF!

Oh, and I want a Bothan playable species! :D

I am very certain we will see more game matches. I would bet we would even have some sort of smugglers run type of game match

There should be a mode where you can attack and defend space stations from interior and exterior for starfighter :D:D:D:D:D

Well, that is sort of what the Kuat flashpoint is going to be. You either defend/attack it from space in GSF, and you defend/attack it from the interior in the flashpoint

Where do you see preferences panel in this blog, or where this blog is available ingame?

Im a little bit confused. I guess I'll try to answer your question; If you are asking for subtitles to the video, then I don't think there is any. But if you are asking for subtitles for playing the game then it can be located in the Preference menu when you hit esc.

Thats all nice and dandy guys, but what comes after?! We have NO idea. As far as we know this game ends this february with the new flashpoint and cartel pack/galactic starfighter F2P release.

Is this game done? Are you gonna bring new things? Maybe the expansion (not digital expansion, full expansion) this game needs?!

Thats what we all want to know. How do you expect us to sub to a game we know nothing about?!

Edited by Nemmar

Doesn't look impressive. I hope you guys can put some real content out by April. Otherwise you're going to take a massive population dip when a better game comes out.

Agreed. For me the game is good, but I can tell the focus enforced by EA is only on easy money makers. Still lots of unfixed bugs, no word on new playable species. Cathar was a bit of a let down. The looks and styles you see in game aren't available. I wanted to make a Cathar not a tiger man.

Still class restrictions on orange gear so comps can't use it.

All the new emotes should be free.

You do know they've answered this request and said "it's beyond our current abilities/budget?"

It's not going to happen in 2014.

Ridiculous. Hoods are already a separate part of the costume, and there aren't that many styles. Make a down version for each style and a toggle that switches between them.

All over the place post, but you get my drift.