2.6 changes just posted by Eric Musco

Sangrar

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putz = a yiddish word. Not German.

GG = Good Game

"My Sage heals through smash" = He can outheal smash.

Dat reading comprehension... man I miss kindergarten.

Kindergarten = German word. :D

Reading suggestion : "Jiddisch im Berliner Jargon" by Andreas Nachama, ISBN 3-87776-417-7 , German language.

Please note that the German "j" is almost always pronounced like the English "y", not like the English "j".

Thank you for the explanations, though.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

At first i thought omg they will be unstoppable but then ah it's only pushback? Who cares about pushback? It's the interrupts that are so annoying. Looks like no change to me.

Someone said something about force management in madness. I agree it's bad. The longer the fight the faster you will run out. In operations it may be OK but not in pvp. Other classes have defensive cooldowns that require nothing to use. When i need to save myself with a static barrier i have to spend a LOT of force. When i cast it on myself it should be force free! And since sorcerers/sages are people's fav target you have to cast it a lot.

Double the force regen from spamming force lightning.

Remove force regen penalty from using consumption (like warlocks in WoW).

Edited by Givemedanger

I think the pushback reduction will help more in PVE than PVP. Constant aoe damage and dot damage in boss fight really hurt sage/sorc dps.

The same arguement is true for PvP, there is more than plenty of AoE clustercrap in any wz.

At first i thought omg they will be unstoppable but then ah it's only pushback? Who cares about pushback? It's the interrupts that are so annoying. Looks like no change to me.

Someone said something about force management in madness. I agree it's bad. The longer the fight the faster you will run out. In operations it may be OK but not in pvp. Other classes have defensive cooldowns that require nothing to use. When i need to save myself with a static barrier i have to spend a LOT of force. When i cast it on myself it should be force free! And since sorcerers/sages are people's fav target you have to cast it a lot.

Double the force regen from spamming force lightning.

Remove force regen penalty from using consumption (like warlocks in WoW).

What about madness assassins too, from what I understand they are worse off than anyone else at this point. And when I first said "I think I am going to try a madness assassin" at fleet, 5 guys at once typed "NO!!"

What about madness assassins too, from what I understand they are worse off than anyone else at this point. And when I first said "I think I am going to try a madness assassin" at fleet, 5 guys at once typed "NO!!"

I tried madness in 8v8 rateds one night. Bad idea :(

Its possible to get very big end of game numbers if you have a great healer with you. Madness was my top DPS spec back before 2.0 IF I was quing with a good healer... but on its own its such a lackluster spec, so frail and the dot's arent enough if the person youre attacking is getting healed.

Sorc just does it so much better with the range. Theres just no reason to play madness sin over sorc. Definitely needs something to be even remotely useful.

At the very least it can be fun to try to make it work if youre bored with the other specs...

Edited by Z-ToXiN

You can fix Merc/Mandos problem with one easy fix IMO: make Tech Override have a 60s cooldown, 2 charges base.

The problem is big. The solution is not. There are a lot of things like that in this game.

While this is defiantly a step in the right direction, it is not enough. I play both corruption sorc and arsenal merc (among other classes). Granted I do not have your experience with merc, but arsenal merc have too much survivability that they do not need and thus the devs suppousably balance that out by making them highly prone to interrupt. Of course, if you can't deliver damage, what good is the survivability for a dps? Merc get focused because they are easy to shut down. Ya, I can use tech override, jet boast and HO, but that will just buy me 10-15 sec, but then what?

As an arsenal merc, I would happily give up rebounder and power bracer for interrupt immunity. Now that would make me competitive. I am not asking to remove cast, or be able to fire on the move, just be able to fire no matter what the external pressure is. I can do that on my most of my other dps (granted I play mostly instant dps classes).

For sorc, it is very difficult to get a dark infusion off. I brought my sorc back from the archives 1~2 month back, and without electric bindings on over load, there is very little you can do to keep enemies off (I am defiantly not asking for stun bubbles). Same can be said about merc healers and lightning sorc.

I am going to use a silly but true analogy from PvE. Typically, when there is a skill that you need to interrupt in PvE (mass affliction as an example), if you do not interrupt it, it deals massive damage. Is that true with merc and sorc? My merc does not do more damage than my PT, jugg, sin, marauder or sniper when I can free cast, but I do much less damage when I can't, so why as merc am handicapped compared to a PT or a sniper? Is it because of the 30 meter range? Or the unneeded survivability? Something has to change that far more drastic then removal of push back or 2 free casts every minute or so.

The range is doubtless part of the rationale, but without a sniper's defensive cooldowns (immunities, mitigation, roots & cc) that range is an illusion: in pvp commandos are a de facto melee-range class for much of their gameplay. They maintain range with great difficulty due to the number of gap closers (leaps, pulls, force speed, roll, stealth). So that 30m range is easily rendered moot. The knockback can provide momentary relief (or simply set up the next gap closer), and the Stock Strike root, Hold the Line, and Electronet can also help regain range and facilitate kiting. But once those abilities are on cooldown the commando often becomes a de facto melee class again, trying to use its ranged casts/channels at point-blank range while snared by melee dps. Edited by klham

The same arguement is true for PvP, there is more than plenty of AoE clustercrap in any wz.

Commando already has 70% pushback resistance on 4 of its casted/channeled abilities. That already solved the AOE clusterfk issue.

If all we get in this patch is pushback resistance, all I can say is that the Commando class rep questions are going to be eye-opening.

You can fix Merc/Mandos problem with one easy fix IMO: make Tech Override have a 60s cooldown, 2 charges base.

The problem is big. The solution is not. There are a lot of things like that in this game.

Well then we're just arguing over terminology, since I would support that fix.

Commando already has 70% pushback resistance on 4 of its casted/channeled abilities. That already solved the AOE clusterfk issue.

If all we get in this patch is pushback resistance, all I can say is that the Commando class rep questions are going to be eye-opening.

I was curious if they contacted any of the class reps. But without full detail list of class updates the discussion will be pointless since all classes except PT and sin (tank only) are mostly in the same place before the first class questions.

I was curious if they contacted any of the class reps. But without full detail list of class updates the discussion will be pointless since all classes except PT and sin (tank only) are mostly in the same place before the first class questions.

I havent been contacted yet, so who knows what the status of it is.