2.6 changes just posted by Eric Musco

Sangrar

It's a welcome change for sorcs... we've asked for pushback to be removed many times, and this is a step in the right direction. It's a very archaic and unnecessary mechanism to have in this game. Kudos.

I am concerned that force management in Madness is not receiving any attention though. If you read this Eric, would you please inquire about this and perhaps get back to us on what your team's thoughts on this are? TY.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No changes to sorc healers.

DPS operative doesnt need moar damage (not that a buff isnt welcome), they need to sustain themselves better after the opener. Giving them MOAR damage will just make the class lopsided.

Happy for the mando healer change but not sure if thats effective.

IMO the dps changes are almost (almost) unnefective. Esp for mando dps.

Edited by Laforet

No changes to sorc healers.

DPS operative doesnt need moar damage (not that a buff isnt welcome), they need to sustain themselves better after the opener. Giving them MOAR damage will just make the class lopsided.

Happy for the mando healer change but not sure if thats effective.

IMO the dps changes are almost (almost) unnefective. Esp for mando dps.

Il test them before coming to any real conclusions just yet.

Buff to DPS Operatives?

Subscriber base must be getting too high. :D

Well what I've read about operatives / scoundrels it makes sense. They wanted them to be shady characters in battle. Giving them more survivability as people asked would make them less shady. But on the other hand current state is bad because they can be focused fairly easily compared to other classes, so maybe they try to make scoundrels kill and die class. :D

Just posted by Musco in the general discussion section.

[/color]

So pushback for DPS Mandos / Mercs will be eliminated. Cool. Instead of feeling a modicum of fear, I'm pretty sure I'm hearing the Sins, Juggs and Maras snickering into their robe sleeves. Let's hope the change is at least tied into Steadied Aim and not an entirely new skill, ala the Veng Jugg Ravage root...

So I just tried scrapper after meeting an Operative who almost killed me while I was at stun. Even I who've played so far only dirty fighting and scrapper like once in warzone, could deal crazy damage with that spec. If they buff scoundrel/op damage... thats just weird "balance" thing to do.

But I guess that as Scoundrel I can only look forward to damage buff for us. Though I expect big whine afterwards. Still, we'll see what skills they intend to buff.

So I just tried scrapper after meeting an Operative who almost killed me while I was at stun. Even I who've played so far only dirty fighting and scrapper like once in warzone, could deal crazy damage with that spec. If they buff scoundrel/op damage... thats just weird "balance" thing to do.

But I guess that as Scoundrel I can only look forward to damage buff for us. Though I expect big whine afterwards. Still, we'll see what skills they intend to buff.

As long as they buff energy management and therefore sustained damage without rebuffing burst it will be fine. They can still hurt you when they catch you with a full open and your CC break is on coodown, but otherwise they are pretty weak. If my combat sent catches one out of stealth is pretty laughable how quickly they die.

As long as they buff energy management and therefore sustained damage without rebuffing burst it will be fine. They can still hurt you when they catch you with a full open and your CC break is on coodown, but otherwise they are pretty weak. If my combat sent catches one out of stealth is pretty laughable how quickly they die.

This. Sustained damage (supported by better resource management) to reduce dependence on "perfect" openers and inject a little flex into the rotation. I don't think anyone wants to see the return of the "stunlocking op" who takes 2/3 of your health bar before you can get up off your face. That was a cheesy one-trick pony.

But it will be nice when Ops are given a reason to do something other than heal in warzones.

Instead of the pushback thing, why not remove the interrupt on leap? Make them push that extra button.

perhaps you mean "spec into a skill that makes the player immune to some/all leap interrupts", in which case I agree -- that sounds interesting. If you did add such a skill to the skill tree, where should it go?

Alternatively, if you made the immunity to leap interrupts a proc, what should it proc off of?

These changes are positive, but honestly they don't really change anything.

Unless they will buff scoundrel/op dps survivability the dps boost won't mean much.

The pushback changes are nice, but it doesn't address all of the moves heavily harmed by pushback. (crushing darkness in lightning spec for example.) The real problem with casters in pvp is the insane amount of interrupts on low cooldown, pushback wasn't nearly as bad of a problem.

Hopefully merc healers will at least be good enough to take in ranked now. I guess that's better than nothing.

These changes are positive, but honestly they don't really change anything.

Unless they will buff scoundrel/op dps survivability the dps boost won't mean much.

The pushback changes are nice, but it doesn't address all of the moves heavily harmed by pushback. (crushing darkness in lightning spec for example.) The real problem with casters in pvp is the insane amount of interrupts on low cooldown, pushback wasn't nearly as bad of a problem.

Hopefully merc healers will at least be good enough to take in ranked now. I guess that's better than nothing.

I disagree with that. The dps boost will go further to making them a glass cannon, instead of just... glass.

Also, I too am glad about the commando/merc healing changes, FINALLY! :D

perhaps you mean "spec into a skill that makes the player immune to some/all leap interrupts", in which case I agree -- that sounds interesting. If you did add such a skill to the skill tree, where should it go?

Alternatively, if you made the immunity to leap interrupts a proc, what should it proc off of?

He was saying to remove the interrupt on leap. The idea that a class has access to two interupts on relatively short cooldown is pretty stupid.

After all leap is a gap closer, interrupt, root and rage builder all in one move. Thats a little OP don't you think?

He was saying to remove the interrupt on leap. The idea that a class has access to two interupts on relatively short cooldown is pretty stupid.

After all leap is a gap closer, interrupt, root and rage builder all in one move. Thats a little OP don't you think?

Everybody thinks so, except the devs. But they know best:rolleyes:

Thank you Eric Musco and all the Bioware employee's for helping to improve the PvP experience for all of us die hard pvp'ers.

I hope we continue to get more updates like this in the future. It shows that Biowareis interested in improving PvP, although it may not be to the extent that some people want, I'm not going ti complain when we get something from Bioware that fixes issues.

^ Is the nice way of putting it.

Actual Translation:

Those merc buffs though.... they were implemented to get more mercs to que ranked in the illusion that they actually got some really good changes, when in reality, bioware is just trying to boost the amount of que pops so the OP FOTM classes get a bigger boost in rating.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Leap is not OP at all. Annihilation REQUIRES a fast CD on leap, and rage generation from leap. The interrupt on leap and a fast interrupt (force kick) is part of what makes annihilation spec a medic killer. Before you go complaining about leap (you play a sorc, so you complaining about sorc's counter class is very obvious), look at what leap does for the classes that use it.

Thank you Eric Musco and all the Bioware employee's for helping to improve the PvP experience for all of us die hard pvp'ers.

I hope we continue to get more updates like this in the future. It shows that Biowareis interested in improving PvP, although it may not be to the extent that some people want, I'm not going ti complain when we get something from Bioware that fixes issues.

Edited by Trevor_the_Bruce

Sounds like no new pvp content in 2.6.

Where is new Huttball map and others wz/arenas maps?

Ranked weekly?

New rewards for ranked?

I'm thinking since his post was just a preview we won't know what the extent of what we are getting is until we get the patch. I hope we do get another Huttball map. That'd be awesome!

I would gladly sacrifice the interrupt on Force Leap if you could leap to targets in cover.

Cover has already been nerfed for scoundrel and operatives, if they nerfed it the same way for gunslingers and Snipers, what would be the point?