2.6 changes just posted by Eric Musco

Sangrar

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leap is not OP at all. Annihilation REQUIRES a fast CD on leap, and rage generation from leap. The interrupt on leap and a fast interrupt (force kick) is part of what makes annihilation spec a medic killer. Before you go complaining about leap (you play a sorc, so you complaining about sorc's counter class is very obvious), look at what leap does for the classes that use it.

Are you really for real? Really? You must be a leaper yourself. He didnt complain about rage generation. It does not need to be an interrupt, there is no reason to it. You talk about annihilation but in fact carnage and rage do a better job at shutting down healers than annihilation. I played a multitude of casting classes and its just ******** that the strongest dps class in the game gets an extra interrupt ( thats unnecessarily also a root).

I disagree with that. The dps boost will go further to making them a glass cannon, instead of just... glass.

Also, I too am glad about the commando/merc healing changes, FINALLY! :D

Glass cannon does not work when the TTK is upward of 30 secs on some classes with all DCDs available. Sin have significantly higher burst than ops. How are the doing in competitive PvP?

Cover has already been nerfed for scoundrel and operatives, if they nerfed it the same way for gunslingers and Snipers, what would be the point?

That's a great point. I should have specified that my Guardian alt is Vigilance.

If I were to fix Vigilance/Vengeance, I would roll the Overhead Slash DoT into the Overhead Slash talent itself and put Debilitation (the Master Strike root) in its place. I would also add the ability to leap to targets in cover very high in the Vigilance/Vengeance tree. As it stands, the spec is a sitting duck in warzones/arenas. Gunslingers/Snipers can just tee off on us with impunity, and there's no way to counter if they have enough neurons to form a synapse, particularly with Entrench/Hunker Down.

The spec needs help, and that's where I think the devs could fix it. But I agree with you - for Defense/Immortal and Focus/Rage it would be way over the top.

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

The pushback buffs are largely useless but lol @ people saying to remove leap interrupt or to give immunity to leap interrupts. If you're gonna address casting woes: IMO lower CD on base CD on tech override and give gunnery interrupt immunity for x seconds after popping recharge cells perhaps. Sorcs already have polarity shift for interrupt immunity, but lightning sorcs are obviously bad in arena and need buff(s). Having your TB cast interrupted could grant a buff that grants interrupt immunity the next time you try to cast it, like the master strike/ravage mechanic. That would make the strat to be interrupt 1st TB and cc through 2nd one of course, but it'd be something? Mind you I'm deciding not to stray off the path of potential buffs that are pushback/interrupt immunity themed.

The pushback buffs are largely useless but lol @ people saying to remove leap interrupt or to give immunity to leap interrupts. If you're gonna address casting woes: IMO lower CD on base CD on tech override and give gunnery interrupt immunity for x seconds after popping recharge cells perhaps. Sorcs already have polarity shift for interrupt immunity, but lightning sorcs are obviously bad in arena and need buff(s). Having your TB cast interrupted could grant a buff that grants interrupt immunity the next time you try to cast it, like the master strike/ravage mechanic. That would make the strat to be interrupt 1st TB and cc through 2nd one of course, but it'd be something? Mind you I'm deciding not to stray off the path of potential buffs that are pushback/interrupt immunity themed.

lightning needs blink. arsenal needs disengage. been saying it for over a year. will never happen. lol@changes. game's dead

Buff to DPS Operatives?

Subscriber base must be getting too high. :D

When Concealment Op was strong, it was the most hated class/spec in the game. It was so depended on back-to-back stuns and double application of the heavy DoT opener (Acid Blade) that it wasn't uncommon to kill repeatedly without taking any damage whatsoever (easy targets were casting classes like Commandos and Sages, pre-tech override, pre-electronet, pre-force barrier, etc.). Once an Op (or two) found a soft target, it was very easy to make warzones totally unplayable for some people. I was on the receiving end of that many times, and dished it out plenty on my Op. It was the perfect troll spec, and I totally get why it was so despised. I'd like to see a re-vamp of the class's combat mechanics along the lines Taugrim outlined way back - a stealth class that is less dependent on a gimmick and that requires real tactics, innovative use of stealth and maneuver.

Edited by klham

He was saying to remove the interrupt on leap. The idea that a class has access to two interupts on relatively short cooldown is pretty stupid.

After all leap is a gap closer, interrupt, root and rage builder all in one move. Thats a little OP don't you think?

Fair enough. Given that guardian (full) tanks (my main) hit like a wet noodle it might make sense to have the leap interrupt be something near the top of the tank tree. A full tank's job is to mitigate damage and control opposing players ...

Focus/Rage, with their 2nd 10m leap and huge damage output could probably stand to have the leap/interrupt removed.

You could also nerf the leap by having it place a short leap/interrupt immunity buff on the target. Again, this could be something that full tanks might spec out of if game balance seems to warrant it. E.g.

• T= 0s; focus guardian 1 leaps which interrupts and buffs the target to be immune from leap interrupts for 10 seconds
  • T=3s; 2nd focus guardian leaps 3 seconds later, target is not interrupted
  • T=4s; guardian tank leaps 1 second later, target is interrupted.

Currently full tanks are the bane of 4-man ranked (or so I hear ). It would be nice if they were worth bringing.

Are you really for real? Really? You must be a leaper yourself. He didnt complain about rage generation. It does not need to be an interrupt, there is no reason to it. You talk about annihilation but in fact carnage and rage do a better job at shutting down healers than annihilation. I played a multitude of casting classes and its just ******** that the strongest dps class in the game gets an extra interrupt ( thats unnecessarily also a root).

Guardians and jugs also use leap and they're lol in ranked and meh ok in reg wz. I'm a healing sage and have no problem with the leap interrupt. This is really a l2p issue. Sorc/sages ***** about leap and DPS *****es about bubble. All are l2p issues.

Fair enough. Given that guardian (full) tanks (my main) hit like a wet noodle it might make sense to have the leap interrupt be something near the top of the tank tree. A full tank's job is to mitigate damage and control opposing players ...

Focus/Rage, with their 2nd 10m leap and huge damage output could probably stand to have the leap/interrupt removed.

You could also nerf the leap by having it place a short leap/interrupt immunity buff on the target. Again, this could be something that full tanks might spec out of if game balance seems to warrant it. E.g.

• T= 0s; focus guardian 1 leaps which interrupts and buffs the target to be immune from leap interrupts for 10 seconds
  • T=3s; 2nd focus guardian leaps 3 seconds later, target is not interrupted
  • T=4s; guardian tank leaps 1 second later, target is interrupted.

Currently full tanks are the bane of 4-man ranked (or so I hear ). It would be nice if they were worth bringing.

Guardian/Juggernaut tanks are absolute garbage in ranked; and considering the ridiculous amount of cc and resolve problems, leap is a non issue.

I can't help but roll my eyes at this whole topic.

I don't see sorcs really benefiting too much. Bioware doesn't seem to understand that melee can use their abilities while moving because they are instant. Sorcs have to root themselves in place to cast. On top of that melee can root them and slow them. Instant abilities can't be interrupted. Casts can be. These are huge disadvantages to casting classes.

Another example. Force speed looks good on paper, but melee classes have ranged attacks as well as closing abilities to counter. And force speed is defensive and does no dmg or healing, while the counters do dmg. So the net exchange is dmg to the sorc and none to their target. Imagine if the inverse were true and force speed did 4790 dmg to the target and the melee leap did 0 dmg and had zero effect on the caster. This highlights how unbalanced some of these moves, counter moves are in pvp, although in pve they make perfect sense.

Bioware really needs to look closely at what actually happens in pvp and not depend so much on pve metrics.

Preventing some of the pushbacks and interrupts is a step in the right direction, now just take the next 10.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Are you really for real? Really? You must be a leaper yourself. He didnt complain about rage generation. It does not need to be an interrupt, there is no reason to it.

Yes it does...

You talk about annihilation but in fact carnage and rage do a better job at shutting down healers than annihilation.

Because anni needs to be buffed and you want to nerf it even more by removing leap interrupt?

I played a multitude of casting classes and its just ******** that the strongest dps class in the game gets an extra interrupt ( thats unnecessarily also a root).

What is this I don't even....

Guardian/Juggernaut tanks are absolute garbage in ranked; and considering the ridiculous amount of cc and resolve problems, leap is a non issue.

I can't help but roll my eyes at this whole topic.

Jugg is the best tank for ranked from a tanking and utility standpoint only. The only reason to take either of the other options is for their dps output not for their tanking ability, and if the hybrid specs for those classes ever get nerfed then jugg will be the only option at all.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Wow

You mention how leap is an overpowered move and people go crazy talking about how X spec isn't performing up to par so leap nerf would kill them.

News flash. Casting classes in this game suck. (please don't mention sniper, we all know they have pushback and interupt immunity)

There are a huge variety of ways to interrupt a target, interupts. mez, stuns, pulls, knockbacks . It is a large part of the reason that sorcs and mercs have struggled so much in rated play. Within the same respect it is a large part of why operative healers are so strong, instant casts are simply much better for pvp. If you play melee, no matter how much damage you take as long as you are alive and in range you can deal optimal damage. This same scenario does not play out the same for ranged as the more damage you take, the less likely your casts will finish due to spell pushback and interrupts. If you decide to kite in order to live as ranged, your damage potential goes down even further.

Then you have classes like tank jug that can reset the cooldown on their interrupt.

Why am I even bothering. Force barrier should be able to be interrupted, sorcs OP. End thread

Wow

You mention how leap is an overpowered move and people go crazy talking about how X spec isn't performing up to par so leap nerf would kill them.

News flash. Casting classes in this game suck. (please don't mention sniper, we all know they have pushback and interupt immunity)

There are a huge variety of ways to interrupt a target, interupts. mez, stuns, pulls, knockbacks . It is a large part of the reason that sorcs and mercs have struggled so much in rated play. Within the same respect it is a large part of why operative healers are so strong, instant casts are simply much better for pvp. If you play melee, no matter how much damage you take as long as you are alive and in range you can deal optimal damage. This same scenario does not play out the same for ranged as the more damage you take, the less likely your casts will finish due to spell pushback and interrupts. If you decide to kite in order to live as ranged, your damage potential goes down even further.

Then you have classes like tank jug that can reset the cooldown on their interrupt.

Why am I even bothering. Force barrier should be able to be interrupted, sorcs OP. End thread

Has to be repeated. So many people in this thread are clueless.

Why do you keep making the wrong changes?

Why are you too arrogant to roll back awful updates?

Why do you keep stacking ish on ish.

Ops and scoundrels should be EXACTLY LIKE AT LAUNCH.

GIVE BACK COVER, increase damage, change cooldowns back, REMOVE ROLL.

done.

ALL this PUTZING around. OPS at launch are where they should be now.

But NOOOOO you had to jack the game by making ops the fastest players, weak, can be leaped to, pointless DPS.

When all you had to do was NOTHING.

GIve back cover

Remove OP/scoundrel Roll or give 6 second cooldown ONLY IF COVER AND COOLDOWNS returned.

Give back instant whirlwind

Give back 30m stun to sage/sorc and merc/mando

Put back GBTF/UR as it was

GIve mandos and mercs an execute and a speed burst that isnt BS, or a GOOD damage reduction cooldown

Put back sin/shadow tank healing or buff armor you nerfing bastards.

STOP NERFING THINGS, buff other classes counters if you deem something OP.

Your changes are terrible. Status quo.

If anyone is curious my main is a smash Jugg. But I have one or 2 of every AC. on multiple servers and have been playing since lauch as a sub.

Also, zero intrest in GSF. zero.

Edited by Smuglebunny

done.

But NOOOOO you had to jack the game by making ops the fastest players, weak, can be leaped to, pointless DPS.

GIve back cover

Remove OP/scoundrel Roll or give 6 second cooldown ONLY IF COVER AND COOLDOWNS returned.

GIve mandos and mercs an execute and a speed burst that isnt BS, or a GOOD damage reduction cooldown

Put back sin/shadow tank healing or buff armor you nerfing bastards..

Roll should not be removed, here is why. Operative/scoundrel dps's are more melee oriented, as such they wanted a gap closer, and now roll is the closest thing they got to that, and before you say it, they made it abundantly clear, stealth is NOT a gap closer". If any nerf is done to it for its current condition, something must be done to compensate, such as more distance, or make it target-oriented or something, you know, maybe scamper to target player regardless of enemy or friendly status, you know, something, just brainstorming.

Also its IMPOSSIBLE to return to launch condition, the fact there are 5 extra levels plus 5 extra skill point and extra talents in the skill tree it pretty much kills that idea. Also, hold the line is surprisingly useful for mandos, as a mando healer I use it periodically to get unrooted when attacked and to speed away from a smasher while self healing, so it isn't total BS, and reactive shield is all we need really in terms of a damage reduction cooldown.

Roll should not be removed, here is why. Operative/scoundrel dps's are more melee oriented, as such they wanted a gap closer, and now roll is the closest thing they got to that, and before you say it, they made it abundantly clear, stealth is NOT a gap closer". If any nerf is done to it for its current condition, something must be done to compensate, such as more distance, or make it target-oriented or something, you know, maybe scamper to target player regardless of enemy or friendly status, you know, something, just brainstorming.

Also its IMPOSSIBLE to return to launch condition, the fact there are 5 extra levels plus 5 extra skill point and extra talents in the skill tree it pretty much kills that idea. Also, hold the line is surprisingly useful for mandos, as a mando healer I use it periodically to get unrooted when attacked and to speed away from a smasher while self healing, so it isn't total BS, and reactive shield is all we need really in terms of a damage reduction cooldown.

Yeah the roll thing was only if they gave back all the other stuff. I dont have a huge problem with the roll. And Mercs/mandos still need "something"

pushback immunity is...useless.

done.

GIve back cover

Put back sin/shadow tank healing or buff armor you nerfing bastards.

STOP NERFING THINGS, buff other classes counters if you deem something OP.

Your changes are terrible. Status quo.

If anyone is curious my main is a smash Jugg. But I have one or 2 of every AC. on multiple servers and have been playing since lauch as a sub.

Also, zero intrest in GSF. zero.

i like the cut of your jib snugglebunny.