Do you PvE, PvP, or both?

The_Grand_Nagus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried the PVP here...played on an eu pvp server for 6 months.

I switched my focus to my pve server, and have played it exclusively ever since. I'm happiest there.

I can honestly say, I'm a PVE-er!! I much rather play pve content. I like to run alone. I like that there is no one to criticize, mock me, or make me feel like a worm, or make me feel like I answer to them. I answer only myself. I like that there is no drama. I like that I can actually watch my cutscreens and take my time.

PVE all the way.

PVE only here.. I am just not into the PVP that we have here.. I didn't like it in WOW either..

UT2K4, or Crysis, or some other first person shooter.. I am all over it.. I am hoping this new space thing will be as much fun as Descent III... :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Both.

It is possible that less people play PvP because the game itself places less emphasis on PvP and doesn't put out as much content for it. Or that less people play PvP because it is in a poor state. Even if more of population played PvE it wouldn't necessarily justify focusing development more on PvE than PvP.

Both.

It is possible that less people play PvP because the game itself places less emphasis on PvP and doesn't put out as much content for it. Or that less people play PvP because it is in a poor state. Even if more of population played PvE it wouldn't necessarily justify focusing development more on PvE than PvP.

Not necessarily, but pretty bloody logical to do so!

Oh and my ratio;

95% PVE

5% PVP (one or a few matches some time on a leveling char for easy xp).

Edited by Tahra

Both, but once they forced arenas down our throat I've been less and less interested in PvP. Deathmatch gameplay ont he ground is BORING. It also favors certain class/specs way too much.

That said, dogfighting has always been a passion of mine so lookign forward to the space PvP.

Both, typically more PVP time dedication-wise. If one gets stale I lean towards the other more.

I like all aspects of PVE, but don't enjoy running (or grinding) the same content that often. I used to with Diablo etc., but these days it just gets boring for me quicker.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Interesting poll OP but will answer.

I did a lot PvP on my sage mainly before patch 1.2 and when Ilum was around. That time it was pretty balanced actually. After so many nerfs and melee got unbalanced and too much buffs i stopped. Doing some WZ matches mostly on guardian, but 95% are PvE only now. Never liked Ranked WZ's ether. Its all about FOTM there.

Both, but once they forced arenas down our throat I've been less and less interested in PvP. Deathmatch gameplay ont he ground is BORING. It also favors certain class/specs way too much.

That said, dogfighting has always been a passion of mine so lookign forward to the space PvP.

Seriously complaining about arenas still? Arenas pop maybe 1/10 times for me. Maybe. And I want them to pop. They're really fun and fast. Other WZs take too long, though I'm slowly warming up to some of them.

60% base PvE (leveling, H2s & H4s, crafting & farming, datacron hunts, special/seasonal events, gearing companions), 30% advanced PvE (FPs, HMs & Ops) and 10% PvP. Love Huttball - reminds me so much of Unreal Tournament's Bombing Run. I just like blowing sh** up without having to worry about anyone getting hurt. Though I can see that 10% going up if Galactic Starfighter is as advertised. Edited by GalacticKegger

For me pvp has always been included in the mmorpg package and also pve.I never understood people that did only pve or only pvp.

What's the point of playing a mmorpg if you are not going to use it to its fullest ?

It's like buying a burger and eating only the bread and throwing out the meat.

Edited by Kaedusz