Cybertech Nerf

Airial

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every other class has a hard single target stun that doesnt break on dmg which doesnt cc themselves in the process (i'm ofc talking abour choke that gimps a maras own burst dmg on us) i'm sorry i don't see the problem. The aoe mez is the only GOOD crowd control a mara has (carnage has roots but we STILL have to play smash in competitive enviornments cause its still stupidly op and its more reliable then rng fest carnage when you need burst) Its not like organised teams can't use grenades they just gotta be used strategically instead of the random crap you saw before hence why the limtiation was put into place.

Now i'm in no way saying we should have a hard stun (LOL carnage mara with hard stun) but the way people are talking its like they think EVERY CLASS IN THE GAME should be equal in cc but in reality it shouldn't be like that they all have to have different tools to bring to the table and they do.

I'm sorry i dont get why hard dps class should get good cc.

Indeed, 35 m flash bang is an abonimation for me. The classes with superior dmg or healing get better survivability (by the mechanic or dcd's etc.), better cc. And that's why ppl complain about the balance.

Slingers are really, really squishy, bro.

But squish != survivability. Squish means that they have bad DCDs and/or armor.

Survivability includes squish, CC, Los/mobility potential, etc. In this case, slingers are full of CC.

In this game, though, CC is so potent so that it seems like classes with CC are OP.

I'm sorry i dont get why hard dps class should get good cc.

ranged aoe flashbang (not exactly hard cc, breaks on damage but great for interrupting uninterruptible casts/delaying respawning people from interrupting with node cap)

melee hard stun (lets me run away or start casting aimed shot which on the marksman tree has a push back :p)

gunslinger/operative for the win!

by the way I welcome the change with the cybertech grenades. Way too many aoe stuns.

Sorry but you guys will be complaining always about everything.

Too much stuns in the game - qq, whine, biofail, screw you guys i'm going to play gw2 attitude.

BW nerfing the easiest to obtain stun in the game - qq, whine, biofail, screw you guys i'm going to play gw2 attitude.

They change something that was demanded on the PTS forum, deal with it. Nobody needs your advices, especially bw who pays real life money for those kind of analyses to the ppl who knows what their are doing. You don't like this game - you can always quit, playing TOR isn't a lifetime sentence.

your right without all the complaints Bioware would not have nerfed so many classes and specs into the ground. Has anyone seen the state of commando heals? and now everyone wants scoundrel healers taken down. By 2.5 or 2.6 scoundrel healer is going to be even more useless than pre 2.0 commando healer to the point where they will just vote to kick the scoundrel the moment he enters a warzone.

• 5 weeks later...
No good player was complaining about too many stuns. And grenades were the least of the problem lol.

Either remove them entirely or keep them as they are. Not this crap.

I agree with this person .. good players appreciate a nice stun ..

The Bastion debuff should only be for non reusable grenades to help encourage more Cybertech players instead of BioChem. Also IMO, there should be a separate timer for reusable damage grenades vs the cc grenades. This would also help make Cybertech more appealing to PvPers.

Ahh the tears of bad players whining about grenade nerf. You should be thankful they didn't completely remove them from warzones (which they 100% should do.) Not a single one of you have a damn clue on how class design works. Giving an aoe mez to a class that was never intended to have one while giving another class a second aoe mezz and simply making them stronger than they should be (op healers anyone?)

It completely skews class design and balance. They should of never existed to begin with.

People are really complaining about this?

So much complaining about there being too many stuns, and the devs do something to reduce that, and people complain about it?

Its times like this i do actually feel sorry for the dev team.

I'm complaining aboot this because as a Balance/Madness Sage/Sorc I get only 1 stun. Sure I have a useless mezz that I will never get off if the person I'm trying to use it on is paying attention to me. And if somehow I do by chance get it off cause the player is horrible it breaks immediately cause I have not 1, not 2 but 3 dots on him. Which means in any 1 vs 1 I get in there is zero reasons why someone should eat my stun if there breaker is off cooldown. I should be able to use my grenades on anyone who isn't white barred. It gives me that 1 oh sh*t ability. Again grenades wouldn't be an issue if bioware didn't f**k the pooch with their resolve changes (i believe 1.4 can't remember) Also it isn't like I have some huge advantage that other people can't also use. I mean on every GTN on every server they are for sale.

I'm complaining aboot this because as a Balance/Madness Sage/Sorc I get only 1 stun. Sure I have a useless mezz that I will never get off if the person I'm trying to use it on is paying attention to me. And if somehow I do by chance get it off cause the player is horrible it breaks immediately cause I have not 1, not 2 but 3 dots on him. Which means in any 1 vs 1 I get in there is zero reasons why someone should eat my stun if there breaker is off cooldown. I should be able to use my grenades on anyone who isn't white barred. It gives me that 1 oh sh*t ability. Again grenades wouldn't be an issue if bioware didn't f**k the pooch with their resolve changes (i believe 1.4 can't remember) Also it isn't like I have some huge advantage that other people can't also use. I mean on every GTN on every server they are for sale.

I'm sort of in this camp. The classes with an AoE mezz ability really could care less about this change. For all the subclasses with minimal stunning ability (Sorc, Merc), this is a nerf. It also significantly devalues Cybertech as a crew skill. Previously I would carry the blue DoT grenades. When and if the right opportunity presented itself I would use them and get a 20+K DoT attack rather than the mezz. But now that strategy is kaputt. You simply can't take away from all your teammates the ability to use a grenade.

No good player was complaining about too many stuns. And grenades were the least of the problem lol.

Either remove them entirely or keep them as they are. Not this crap.

So you think everybody is bad and only the kings of pvp has the real truth-reason?

Go ********** your e-peen. Too much arrogance.

This is a stupid change! Cyber grenades can not be spammed they are on a very long internal CD - 3 minutes. Plus they are available to anyone at a very modest price. They are just simplifying the game for the 5 button rotation crowd. But I really don't care since I'll adapt.

Ahh the tears of bad players whining about grenade nerf. You should be thankful they didn't completely remove them from warzones (which they 100% should do.) Not a single one of you have a damn clue on how class design works. Giving an aoe mez to a class that was never intended to have one while giving another class a second aoe mezz and simply making them stronger than they should be (op healers anyone?)

It completely skews class design and balance. They should of never existed to begin with.

STHU nugget, they are sparse modifiers not balance affecting issues. Again 3 minutes cool down and you can use it too. Oh your arena team likes to pile together for AoE heals then by all means u should eat grenades it's the nature of the beast.

Meh, I'm wasting my breath, deed is done so good luck with your PvP.

I am, for one, glad to see these grenades go. While they could be used by classes lacking an AoE mezz (e.g. Merc or Sorcerer), in my experience the CC grenades were used far more often by classes that had a ton of control effects to be begin with (Assassin, Operative) as an addition to their already huge CC arsenal.

I think CC should be given to each class as a core ability. If stun grenades were a skill for Mercenaries or Sorcerers, I'd be totally fine with that. But Assassins do NOT need any more CC.

I took cybertech on my main the first day you could play (I had the full early pass).

I took it because I looked at other skills and for pvp this looked the best..so stop nerfing crew skills!

You people cry about cybertech but how many of you have the bio stims and med packs that you use ALL the time in pvp!!

Or how about we take out augments because other crew skills make them!

We all have the chance to use any crew skill we want and we all picked that crew skill for a REASON.

When I got cybertech it never said (cant be used in pvp) and it should never be removed (AGAIN)

This is a stupid change! Cyber grenades can not be spammed they are on a very long internal CD - 3 minutes. Plus they are available to anyone at a very modest price. They are just simplifying the game for the 5 button rotation crowd. But I really don't care since I'll adapt.

Wrong, they could be spammed by multiple players at the same target area. Now you have to be a little more judicious in your use of them.

Wrong, they could be spammed by multiple players at the same target area. Now you have to be a little more judicious in your use of them.

^^ this the issue with grenades was that with multiple players you could just chain CC with little resolve gain. The grenades where balanced for their 3 min cd, adding the bastion debuff enforces the cooldown