Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

I have to agree with the OP. Now I'm not complaining about the free CC, like ppl have already said 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth' but I was also hoping to see something more, something that was ongoing. Maybe they are working on further things, I hope so. But, as the OP said, it just feels lazy on BWs part. Soon the coins will be forgotten and when the next '2.1' comes along they will be in the same boat.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking, right?

LOL. I cannot take you seriously. You claim you are disappointed in this game. That is an understatement -- considering the dozens of hate threads you've started in the last few weeks.

No i'm not joking.

And commenting on my post history? Bit off topic dont you think? Thats against the forum rules, to divert the thread from its topic. So please stay on topic so I can take you seriously. Thanks.

Even swapping to disappointment -- if you are so disappointed in this game that you feel the need to start dozens of threads within a few days, all complaining about the same thing -- maybe you should find a game to play that isn't quite so disappointing?

Because you fail to realize that I kinda want this game to succeed considering im a huge fan of the SW universe and at the moment this game is turning into the skid mark of the MMO industry.

Again...commenting on my post history...how mature.

If a milkshake from McDonalds was disappointing -- I'd find another place to get a milkshake. Not continue to buy one every month and complain about it every day.

Lucky for you, there are a number of places that also sell milkshakes. If you think you can point me to another Star Wars MMO, please do so.

Lucky for you, there are a number of places that also sell milkshakes. If you think you can point me to another Star Wars MMO, please do so.

+1 on this i'd like to know what other Star Wars MMO there is out there.

in before swg.

You should know that offering a DVD to someone is like saying "I don't care, you're nothing to me but I had to get you a gift, anyway you can go **** yourself". It's like offering socks or deodorant ; it's a slap in the face.

Girls enjoy diamonds, gamers like content.

Now I know why swtor is in this state...

Not if the recipient of said DVD asked for it...

Why are so many folks incapable of participating in a conversation without frothing at the mouth?

I have to ask....

a. Would it really be such a terrible thing to throw subs a bone or two in recognition of their loyalty? It's not, after all, something new...many games have done it in the past.

b. What is the OBSESSION with getting folks to agree with your opinions? Do you really think that someone agreeing with you somehow adds more validity to your opinion?

Everyone is entitled to the uniqueness of their opinion, and opinions do not require qualification. The validity is subjective...that is how it works.

Playing a star wars MMO is that vital? Its a game.

Would you pay someone to come over and punch you in the face once a month? If so I'll do it.

I'm beginning to wonder if masochism is a shared trait amongst obsessive gamers.

The Clone Wars.

Yeah, I know, Grass is dead on both sides of the fence. But at least this side does not have an annoying Torgruta on it.

Not a single word about Ashara, TUX. NOT. A. WORD.

No pleasing some people, and no winning for BioWare.

Had BioWare Sent Subscribers Gold Bars imprinted with the answer to the meaning of life engraved on the back, someone like the OP would be crying on the forums about what a terrible present it was.

"Gold? Why not platinum? Don't your Subscribers matter to you?"

"I can't believe you'd put spoilers on something like this!"

The Clone Wars.

Yeah, I know, Grass is dead on both sides of the fence. But at least this side does not have an annoying Torgruta on it.

Not a single word about Ashara, TUX. NOT. A. WORD.

:rolleyes:

but....true...:p

Playing a star wars MMO is that vital? Its a game.

Would you pay someone to come over and punch you in the face once a month? If so I'll do it.

I'm beginning to wonder if masochism is a shared trait amongst obsessive gamers.

I fail to see the similarity between being punched in the face and demanding more from Bioware?! Care to explain that a bit more?!

I play this game because I enjoy it, being punched in the face, not so much. I enjoy it without pretending to be ignorant of it's obvious and glaring issues. I express my opinions here on the forums with the hope of having some of my comments reach the right people. I don't blindly praise them, my $15 a month per account does that for me.

Or, let's turn that around... Your employer pays you for your services. How would you react if they kept demanding that you give them a gift in return? Better yet, that gift MUST be worth more than 1/3 of your monthly salary to be worthy of even presenting to them.

Yeah, I thought so.

Well my employer demands me to work overtime, and when i do that i consider that to be a gift to the company.

And i never said anything regarding any actual value...and also, my employer isn't my customer. We could go on making humorous comparisons all day, getting a point each every other turn ...or accept that many customers are displeased with the advertised appreciation and don't really find it worthy being called a gift .

Rather it should be called a Customer Appreciation Discount, because in most cases thats what it will work as, and they know it. You will have your 500cc and want "that item" that costs 1200, buy a few more coins and get it. It's too obvious - otherwise they would have given us a "Free of choice" CM item.

But like i said, im glad you enjoy your 500cc - it would be terrible if absolutley noone was happy.

First, it's not something for nothing. It's something because you have a subscription. It really costs BW nothing to just give you CC. They don't have to design anything, patch anything or make a new system. This is a half assed way to say thank you to subscribers who want more content.

The free 500 coins for each subscriber cost Bioware exactly $5.54 per subscriber. Or $4.99 to $9.99 depending on how many coins you would have bought had you not received a gift.

Will I take it? Sure. But being a sub, and having money, if I want something I just buy it anyways. This doesn't really help out all that much as there is not a lot on the CM that I want to buy atm.

But now that you received it, you're less likely to buy more coins.

Sure, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but you can't deny that it is kind of a crap way to show you care. I mean try it on your wife/husband/gf/bf. Hey honey, I know it's our anniversary, I got you a gift card to walmart because I know you do the grocery shopping there.

You're suggesting that instead of giving out a general gift that can be quite useful to a large group they should provide personalized gifts for each and every one of us? Kind of a bad example if you're comparing a gift for someone close to you vs a complete stranger or a large number of strangers.

Would it have been better if Bioware provided you with a choice? Sure, but that takes away the surprise and there will always be people that change their minds about the choice they made.

You may not like that people are kind of rejecting the 500CC. But you have to see it through our eyes and stop calling people names. It's rather annoying. Especially when we're talking about subjective crap that is different for everyone.

Or maybe you should remember that when you receive a gift, the fact that you got something is more important than the gift itself. :cool:

The free 500 coins for each subscriber cost Bioware exactly $5.54 per subscriber. Or $4.99 to $9.99 depending on how many coins you would have bought had you not received a gift.

Or $0 for those of us who never buy CCs. Which I would bet is a nontrivial number of subscribers.

Or $0 for those of us who never buy CCs. Which I would bet is a nontrivial number of subscribers.

True. But alas only Bioware's accounts department would know those numbers and they're under no obligation to reveal them. ;)

Well, I've been out of town for a week, but here's just a quick bit about how I feel about this whole thing. I'm not unhappy, I'm pretty happy in general playing the game. But, I did think it was a bit odd when I got the news of what the "subscriber appreciation bonus" was. I get that it's easier to give currency than come up with an item and that it's difficult to please everyone, but like someone else said, it's very temporary and hardly memorable. When you give someone a $10 Target gift card, it says "I don't know you well, I didn't have much time to think about anything, and you're certainly not worth spending any significant money on, but hey, it's something!".

Now if this is just one of many different little bonuses that we get over time, and you guys are trying to think of little things to do, then that's more understandable. Personally I'd like to see something like an exclusive pet, a title, some fun in game item. Something that ISN'T connected to the CM in some way. Because I feel like everything is so CM focused all the time. Maybe have a little Subscriber vendor that you can visit to get the item. But hey :cool: I think I'm not really hoping so much for some item as I am more content, and more abilities to acquire things without spending extra coins.

Your reasoning, as usual, makes no sense. In your deciding to play a game, you really should decide in this order:

1. DO I LIKE THE GAME and the gameplay.

2. Is it a theme or story or lore that I enjoy?

That is how most rational people operate.

If you have it on reverse then you really aren't making good decisions. Using the "it's the only Star Wars MMO I can play" is a lousy excuse when people ask you why you don't just leave.

See...the reality is you DO like it but can't bring yourself to admit it enough to say so. No rational person plays a game they don't like just because its Star Wars.

Edited by Arkerus

No rational person plays a game they don't like just because its Star Wars.

You expect human beings to be rational? Creatures that can hold two contradictory thoughts within their minds and completely believe both of them? Rational? Not in this segment of the multiverse, sadly. :rolleyes:

Wow, this thread really devolved quick...

It is a safe bet to say that people who are complaining do, indeed, still like the game. Otherwise, we wouldn't bother complaining. I didn't complain about WoW getting stale, I simply un-subbed and stopped playing. When SWG went NGE I voiced my displeasure at the way the decision was announced the day after we all spent money on ToOW, gave the NGE a shot and un-subbed.

If I were a solo player, I'd already be gone. The fact is that the group of people I game with bring me enough fun and satisfaction that I can deal with the problems plaguing this game. I'll keep trying to fight the good fight as long as I'm subbed in order to try to make the game better, but the moment my dissatisfaction with the game is greater than my satisfaction with the people I game with...I'm out.

The problem isn't F2P vs Sub. The problem isn't getting 500 CC instead of a unique mount or pet. The problem is the laser focus on the CM.

How many new, non-reskin mounts are available through in-game achievement since the CM launch? Compare that to how many new, non-reskin mounts have been available in each CM pack series or for outright sale on the CM.

Compare the artwork for the achieved gear pre-CM to the artwork available post-CM.

Compare the crafted gear artwork against the CM stuff.

Is it any wonder that some subscribers are unhappy with a 500 CC "appreciation" award? Considering that your 500 CC will get you:

One top tier pack and one bottom tier pack, or 3 bottom tier packs.

2 Dye mod packs.

A choice of appearance options.

A Carbonite Chamber, 4 Rancor Holopets or 2 Ivory Mouse Horranth pets.

A Cathar Warstaff, Eradicator's Mask or a choice of chestpieces (as well as a few sale items).

A few boost choices.

You can't even get a mount without adding at least 1000 more CC to the reward through cash purchase or saving a couple of months of sub stipend.

You want to show me that you appreciate my subscribing? Give me the ability to get in-game unique fluff that I can not get from the CM...that also looks good. You don't have to give me free CC, or that ice cream pooping taco pet someone else suggested, just give me in-game fluff options that are as aesthetically pleasing as what is offered on the CM.

Your reasoning, as usual, makes no sense. In your deciding to play a game, you really should decide in this order:

1. DO I LIKE THE GAME and the gameplay.

2. Is it a theme or story or lore that I enjoy?

That is how most rational people operate.

If you have it on reverse then you really aren't making good decisions. Using the "it's the only Star Wars MMO I can play" is a lousy excuse when people ask you why you don't just leave.

See...the reality is you DO like it but can't bring yourself to admit it enough to say so. No rational person plays a game they don't like just because its Star Wars.

You have to understand that just because someone doesnt like one aspect of a game doesn't mean they hate everything else.

And tbh, if this game wasn't star wars, wasnt bioware, it would have shut down within 6 months of release.

The only reason I cant play any other MMO is because theyre mostly fantasy with swords and shields, all the same.

Edited by Ayelinna

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

It is still better then nothing :csw_jabbapet:

Why are so many folks incapable of participating in a conversation without frothing at the mouth?.

I got to this page and stopped. So far you've pretty much been the only person to consistently put well thought out responses and address both sides.

You call yourself Artemis. You should be Athena.

Well, I've been out of town for a week, but here's just a quick bit about how I feel about this whole thing. I'm not unhappy, I'm pretty happy in general playing the game. But, I did think it was a bit odd when I got the news of what the "subscriber appreciation bonus" was. I get that it's easier to give currency than come up with an item and that it's difficult to please everyone, but like someone else said, it's very temporary and hardly memorable. When you give someone a $10 Target gift card, it says "I don't know you well, I didn't have much time to think about anything, and you're certainly not worth spending any significant money on, but hey, it's something!".

Now if this is just one of many different little bonuses that we get over time, and you guys are trying to think of little things to do, then that's more understandable. Personally I'd like to see something like an exclusive pet, a title, some fun in game item. Something that ISN'T connected to the CM in some way. Because I feel like everything is so CM focused all the time. Maybe have a little Subscriber vendor that you can visit to get the item. But hey :cool: I think I'm not really hoping so much for some item as I am more content, and more abilities to acquire things without spending extra coins.

Exactly my point!