Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

We did get something, an extra 500 CC. Seriously, if it had been some lameo title or pet you didn't like, you'd be in here complaining just as hard.

No actually I wouldn't. That's what it should have been. Even if it was something dumb that made no since like a taco who poops ice cream pet I'd have been OK with it. As long as the same pet wasn't on the CM. The point is getting something unique in this game. Nothing is unique in this game. Nothing unique for subs, nothing unique for in game effort. This game was written for trust fund babies who want to buy everything and can't be bothered to work for anything.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fascinating to me that people are comparing their relationship with a corporation to their relationships with friends and family, and have some expectation that a corporation should treat them in the same way a (good) spouse would.

A fine point.

Winnah!

And it's right about now that Bruce is coming back from lunch, reading the responses to his post and bashing his head on the desk and vowing to never again make a lighthearted post amongst the hateful ingrates that comprise this game's community.

There is literally NOTHING they could have done that would have pleased more than about 1/3 of the people on here and the other 2/3 would have been face slapped by the gesture.

So instead of giving an item that the majority of people would hate, they gave you a wildcard... a thing that can be used to get something that YOU will be happy with.

...except that you're not even happy with that.

There's no doubt that EA/BioWare has made mistakes with this game since day one and they will continue to do so, but at this point, the problem is with you people.

It is YOUR expectations that aren't being met because you're whipping yourselves into a frenzy by over-analyzing every word of every official post and expecting things that are, quite literally, absurd.

Then you come here and vent your impotent rage that really does nothing but show how much you think this game seems to be produced by magical elves who sprinkle some glitter dust to make the game rather than by hard working people who spend hundreds of total hours each week in a vain attempt to please a group of people who wouldn't be pleased even if the game paid them to play it.

You know what the complaint would be then?

People who play more should be paid more.

Then it would be, people with X amount of play time should get a raise.

That would probably be followed by requests for paid vacations so they could be paid for not playing.

I used to think that the Star Wars Galaxies community was one of the most toxic I'd ever seen, but it's got nothing on this place.

That one can be blamed on BioWare because that's poor community management.

I can't really blame that on the current team, though... it was like that before they took over.

There's a line between constructive criticism and a never ending stream of hate.

This community exists on the wrong side of that line and until steps are taken to turn that around, this place is a lost cause.

It's fascinating to me that people are comparing their relationship with a corporation to their relationships with friends and family, and have some expectation that a corporation should treat them in the same way a (good) spouse would.

I think a lot of these people have serious problems with defining relationships.

Which would explain why we're all playing video games rather than forge actually human connections.

Psh, eff it. Jaesa is my waifu.

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

What she really wanted was a SWTOR 2400cc gift card.

Maybe you missed the post where a developer for this very game made the exact comparison you're now complaining about. Or is that post now completely irrelevant to the Defense Force?

I like how the OP says I was expecting a mount, pet or title (something non-subscribers can't get) but everyone can get a mount pet or title. Expecting something exclusive like that would just bring more people crying because they either:

A. Find it ugly and want something else

B. Didn't want said item in the first place

C. Wanted CC instead to buy something they really wanted.

Money was the best choice in this matter.

The people complaining about the 500 CC are probably the same people who complain all the "cool stuff" goes into the CM. If BW is supposedly putting all the good stuff into the CM, then CC is the perfect gift.

A free 500 coins, in addition to my monthly stipend? I'll take it. I already spend around $200 a month on CCs, it is nice to get some for free. Thanks BW/EA! Can't wait to see what the surprise is later on.

The "surprise" is a cheap *** attempt to get you to spend more coins in the market for a title which should have an in-game way of obtaining and NOT for real cash. This is *********** ridiculous.

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

You know what would be a great start? fixing all this game's breaking bugs I mean a lot of us bought this game at the beginning, and it wasn't cheap by any standards yet this is the product that's been given to us. Half baked ideas with numerous bugs to boot. A warzone system which can't even manage to fill its spots correctly.

They don't seem to think these are high priority fixes. Never mind half the game populations entire warzone experiences ending prematurely due to this.

Hey erm you might wanna check the first bioware post because he actually does compare it to his relationship with his wife lmao.

Hey erm you might wanna check the first bioware post because he actually does compare it to his relationship with his wife lmao.

He's talking about his actual relationship with his actual; wife, not his relationship with his employer or with a company which provides him with a service.

So your little quasi-analogy is entirely inapt.

He's talking about his actual relationship with his actual; wife, not his relationship with his employer or with a company which provides him with a service.

So your little quasi-analogy is entirely inapt.

Its perfectly valid actually. Nice try.

Maybe you missed the post where a developer for this very game made the exact comparison you're now complaining about. Or is that post now completely irrelevant to the Defense Force?

Tell me where the complaint was. I said it was fascinating to me that people were making that comparison. The word "fascinating" does not contain judgment. And I didn't miss the dev post - which, if you read carefully, is saying that the reaction of this community towards the corporation that sells them a video game is like that of a wife upset with her husband.

Is what words mean completely irrelevant to the Attack Force? :p

I dissagree and agree with the OP. The 500 cartel coins was nice, being able to buy fireworks on the market for the 4th of July in the US was pretty cool. The title that is forth coming next week will be a nice touch, even though Satele Shan is Revan's X-number of great's grand daughter, so isn't she the current living Heir? Does that mean I married her? Is she gonna be having my toon's baby in an upcoming expansion?

"SWTOR 3.0 Satele gives birth to THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI EVER!!!" I think I just figured out where Anakin Skywalker really came from...

A different KOTOR themed item would have been more appropriate I think. But as a KOTOR and KOTOR 2 fan I appreciate what BW/EA is doing completely.

I agree completely that it is past time BW/EA recognize long term subscribers. We spend hundreds of dollars on their game, something unique would be nice. Especially those long-term subscribers. The last opportunity that BW had to "thank" long term subs was to tell us it we would have an "unfair advantage" for people with multipe lvl 50-55 characters to be able to trade grey helix's to their alts... We put a lot of $ into this game to earn such advantages.

I agree completely that it is past time BW/EA recognize long term subscribers. We spend hundreds of dollars on their game, something unique would be nice. Especially those long-term subscribers. The last opportunity that BW had to "thank" long term subs was to tell us it we would have an "unfair advantage" for people with multipe lvl 50-55 characters to be able to trade grey helix's to their alts... We put a lot of $ into this game to earn such advantages.

We did get something unique: an extra 500 CC award. No other group of people got that.

What JPryde said.

The wife/girlfriend analogy was the first thing I thought of when I saw what this gift was.

Take it from someone who's been married nearly 15 years now. When she says she feels undervalued, that you don't listen to her anymore, that you spend all your time working and not paying attention to her, the answer isn't to peel off a fiver and say "There you are love, don't spend it all at once".

This is how this felt. It felt like you put no thought and effort into it and just wanted to fob us off as easily as possible so you could get back to making more cartel market crap that isn't covered by our subscription.

Take that how you will. You're obviously not listening anyway...

This ^

Couldn't have said it better.

Does this mean you are ok with P2W?

The wife/girlfriend analogy was the first thing I thought of when I saw what this gift was.

Take it from someone who's been married nearly 15 years now. When she says she feels undervalued, that you don't listen to her anymore, that you spend all your time working and not paying attention to her, the answer isn't to peel off a fiver and say "There you are love, don't spend it all at once".

This is how this felt. It felt like you put no thought and effort into it and just wanted to fob us off as easily as possible so you could get back to making more cartel market crap that isn't covered by our subscription.

Take that how you will. You're obviously not listening anyway...

Im putting this on the front page because quoted for truth. Well said.

Its perfectly valid actually.

Wrong. Yours was not even a try, let alone a nice one.

This is the "this" on this issue:

Edited by branmakmuffin