Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

Dawginole

We're mainly like a preferred status rather than a subscriber now.

Complete garbage. All being a subscriber does for us is Unlocks Restrictions to the game, it doesn't add any new content, it just allows us an option to be able to purchase the additional content with no game restrictions.

Then go Preferred. Geez, what's the problem?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you spent 15$ a month on unlocks you could play this game for free with almost everything.

Think about that.

Almost. But not quite. You still wouldn't be able to gain xp as fast since subs can add xp boosts on top of their 125%xp, crafting would still occur much more slowly, even with the second crew skill unlock, you would have to pay weekly for fp, space, and wz access. You'll get a lot, but you'll still be behind.

People must really like new races and barber shops to actually get into legal talk , really amazing. Anyways maybe they will lower the prices of shaving your beard and making your kitty cat , who knows.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

The content is the ability to alter your character. The dyes are content, and they don't all cost coins. Collections is content, its something for completionists to do.

Just because every patch doesn't have content catered to YOUR play style does not mean it doesn't have content.

That is the root of the issue... what is content?

EA/Bioware are picking and choosing what the definition of content is to suit their ends.

For example: If, as you state, "dyes are content" (which I concur with) then customization IS content because that is what dyes are. Thus, many people feel that this patch was a content patch, and almost all of it is extra cost to subscribers. That is counter to their promises previously made to subscribers.

If some people think it's lies, criminal, or otherwise illegal then that's their opinion. Personally I think all of those are over-reactions, but it is certainly greasy.

Hi Eric, I appreciate the honest response, but here is the thing.

I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

-eric

There are just so many things now that it's overwhelming. We get pumped up for all these cool features that we can now do, which is great, but it's a bit of a downer when you realize that it's going to take several months of saving to access them, by which at that point it's not really all that exciting anymore. I'm perfectly cool with being able to save up my 600 CCs for the Cathar, which I did, because I was warned about that far in advance. The rest of the stuff I would have liked to do will probably take another 6 months+ of saving.

Some people are just not in a position where we can carelessly buy extra coins. Sometimes I can get stuff from the GTN, sometimes I can't. I would love it if there were more ways for subscribers to earn CCs, or some kind of in-game exchange rate, so I could at least feel like I'm working towards something rather than just waiting.

I'll tell you what, though, if you guys will release more actual playable content this year, it will soften that blow a bit.

We are, unfortunately, left in the dark about any future updates for PVE and PVP content, so when all we can see is a cartel market update, it is depressing. (we have no idea what 2.2 is yet).

No I didn't, because being able to turn my character into a power ranger for free is not the reason I pay a subscription.

You know im sure your trying hard but your failing, hickman stated what we got as subscribers if we continued, if you continued then you agree'd doesnt matter if you wanted to be a thndercat or wonder women. Your arguments of why this is wrong are getting weaker and weaker as you get proven more wrong each reply.

Edited by Shingara

The content is the ability to alter your character. The dyes are content, and they don't all cost coins. Collections is content, its something for completionists to do.

Just because every patch doesn't have content catered to YOUR play style does not mean it doesn't have content.

collections is tied to the cartel market.

dye is crafting (barely) and the cartel market.

character appearance alterations are the cartel market.

want to tell me what part im missing?

Edited by cashogy_reborn

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

Being a subscriber, I'll admit to not ever looking at F2P restrictions, but are F2P players truly restricted from in game events and dailies? I'm not recalling seeing CM authorizations for events or dailies. Just FP, WZ, and Ops.

Edited by Tatanka

Being a subscriber, I'll admit to not ever looking at F2P restrictions, but are F2P players truly restricted from in game events and dailies? I'm not recalling seeing CM authorizations for events or dailies. Just FP, WZ, and Ops.

You need to buy an unlock to equip items from events, I don't know if you have to buy them to participate in the events.

Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric

Nice one, to bad it's all lies eric.Not your fault i know but the people in charge.

All we get from this is, we have heared your feedback as alway(and as always we will ignore it)

If we say we are sry AGAIN will you belive us ? (we got away yay)

We said one thing then we did something else (profits are up and beeing a sub means little hah!!)

PR talk is fancy we know. (we train to talk like that for days like these)

Yeah will still not pay a sub againlike many others,enough with the greed and lies.

They have to purchase section x authorization... so i'm gonna go with a partial yes.

i think section x has a cartel market pass thingy, but i dont think any of the other daily quest areas do

You know im sure your trying hard but your failing, hickman stated what we got as subscribers if we continued, if you continued then you agree'd doesnt matter if your wanted to be a thndercat or wonder women. Your arguments of why this is wrong are getting weaker and weaker as you get proven more wrong each reply.

Did you have to pay to download patch 2.1? No? OK then.

ITS ONE FREAKING PATCH! You seriously need to relax. If you are this upset, you should vote with your wallet. Quit and move on.

They said all along that cosmetic fluff items will be Cartel Market. This patch has mostly cosmetic fluff items, and guess what? Some of them involve the Cartel Market. I really don't see what the problem is here.

ITS ONE FREAKING PATCH! You seriously need to relax. If you are this upset, you should vote with your wallet. Quit and move on.

They said all along that cosmetic fluff items will be Cartel Market. This patch has mostly cosmetic fluff items, and guess what? Some of them involve the Cartel Market. I really don't see what the problem is here.

seriously, give up, do you even read the things you write.

seriously, give up, do you even read the things you write.

Do you have any argument besides 'no you are wrong and you are dumb look at my sig I am right and you are wrong because I am right and you are wrong'?

Really? This is what your argument has come to? You are now talking about paying to download the patch:rak_02:

And then revert to the old faithful "Quit"

:(

Really? This is what your argument has come to? You are now talking about paying to download the patch:rak_02:

And then revert to the old faithful "Quit"

:(

If you go and read the blog the guy keeps linking, you could make the argument that his wording says exactly that, that you won't have to pay to download the patch.

Also why not quit if you are so unhappy? Vote with your wallet, its not like you can't come back later if you or Bioware change their minds.

Props to Eric Musco for the apology and updated stance on the "Subscribers vs. The Cartel Market" issue. Even though it's his job, it has to be annoying to play the apologist for the errors of others.

Normally, I'd say "Give this man a raise/bonus!", but that would have to be balanced out by adding more cool stuff to random packs.

It's not "poor choice of words", it's intentionally misleading your customers. I assure you, if you continue down the path you set out with 2.1 you'll loose a lot of old subscribers.

But i guess you don't really care as long as there's enough "fresh blood" coming making f2p accounts and buying cartel crap.

I really hoped EA would change their ways towards their customers, but i guess the "worst company" label is spot on.

Edited by Overmannus

Nice one, to bad it's all lies eric.Not your fault i know but the people in charge.

All we get from this is, we have heared your feedback as alway(and as always we will ignore it)

If we say we are sry AGAIN will you belive us ? (we got away yay)

We said one thing then we did something else (profits are up and beeing a sub means little hah!!)

PR talk is fancy we know. (we train to talk like that for days like these)

Yeah will still not pay a sub againlike many others,enough with the greed and lies.

I think you're wrong.

They have proven that when they do hear our feedback, they do something about it. It wasn't always like that, but it is now.

There was a post somewhere around here that listed half a dozen or more things that changed in the game due to player feedback. But if you really don't want to acknowledge those player-requested changes, I suppose it doesn't matter, does it?

SNIP...

To download no. No extra cash.

To access it? You bet your ***** you will and for nearly everything in that patch you will pay for. Otherwise, you'll just have to pretend 2.1 never happened.

But BW did come out and say they F'ed up pretty much. It's sensitive topic and at this point in the game, they really don't need that kind of mess to deal with but there it is. BW brought it on themselves. They mislead their customers with poor wording and it's their fault, not the players misinterpretation of statements. BW screwed up and hyped something that was not going to happen.

Now, it boils down to, do yo want to continue paying a company that does that? IS that the company you want to support with your cash?