Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

What he said!!!! I don't understand having to pay extra for the bare minimums.

I also don't agree with paying 240CC for new hair styles and then being asked to pay MORE just to use it. Bad form.

So many points need to be addressed. I have been angry in the past with some of the things EA/BW has done, but this one has been a disaster. I am sure they are aware of competition that will launch this year. Don't give your customers/subscribers more reason to seek them out.

I am pretty much writing off this game. In all honesty, they don't listen at all, and what they hear they mutate into some sort of cash grab. Reality is, they haven't released new content that hasn't cost players real life money in a long time. Considering they published their earnings and they are way up, they aren't going to change. There are Free2Play games out there that are fun too.

Announcements coming soon:

E3 = Release date for ESO

Blizzcon = Announcement of "Project Titan"

BW i would really start getting it together, the competition is coming. I hope you do something for subs to keep them playing, this game has massive potential. And right now, just will not be a mainstay with business practices currently underway.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy, folks. Cory Butler here to follow-up on some of your concerns that have been surfacing in the forums and on social media sites around Game Update 2.1: Customization. First, it's important to know that 2.1 will not affect the cadence of our game update schedule. 2.1 was the second half of our Cartel Market implementation plan. So, do not expect to see this type of Market-driven update on a regular basis. This release was comprised almost entirely of cosmetic options that have no impact on combat balance or gameplay. Vanity modifications are the kinds of things, in general, that we’ve always planned to offer in the Cartel Market for purchase by all players and in some cases, like with Appearance Designer changes, discounted for subscribers -- having said that, we’ve heard some frustration from subscribers that, even with these kinds of offerings, we ought to do more to recognize subscriber status. We hear you loud and clear. Please stay tuned.

To continue on the point of content cadence, I know in a separate post Eric discussed a bit about our cadence and that our plan is for all of you to see content within an 8-week window from Rise of the Hutt Cartel’s launch, I would recommend reading his post for more details, here. What I do want to do is assure you that we have many more things in the works here at BioWare that aren’t Cartel Market features, and are the exact types of content you folks have been asking about. I cannot go into specifics yet but we are definitely working on things like new Flashpoints, Operations, daily hubs, events, PvP, and even the super-secret space project! Game Update 2.1 is just one of the many Updates you will get from us this year and I am really excited about what is still to come and I think you will be too.

Until next time -- see you in-game!

The last content update was ROTHC and required subs to fork over more cash so please enlighten me as to the last significant content update that did not dig into our pockets?

Also can you please explain how I can be gone for a year come back and all the combat ability bugs are still not fixed. I can press my flamethrower ability and watch the animation play without the ability actually working.

A YEAR AND A HALF after release.

Please tell me you are fixing the issue with Force scream that makes it stutter like it is trying to make the enemy flinch or something. This is also a bug that has been in since release. 18 months no fix.

Please tell me you are fixing the issue with my ability not activating but incuring the global cooldown. 18 months no fix.

The very foundation of mmorpg combat is if I hit a button I expect the ability to work. And you can't get this right.

If you have all these amazing plans for pvp and such why not share them with the people who pay you?

I won't be holding my breath and I won't be giving you any more money as a matter of fact I will probably not even bother to play out the final month of my sub.

Edited by Tekeda

I am pretty much writing off this game. In all honesty, they don't listen at all, and what they hear they mutate into some sort of cash grab. Reality is, they haven't released new content that hasn't cost players real life money in a long time. Considering they published their earnings and they are way up, they aren't going to change. There are Free2Play games out there that are fun too.

Announcements coming soon:

E3 = Release date for ESO

Blizzcon = Announcement of "Project Titan"

BW i would really start getting it together, the competition is coming. I hope you do something for subs to keep them playing, this game has massive potential. And right now, just will not be a mainstay with business practices currently underway.

We will be able to play Everquest Next by this fall. It has been said it will be the biggest best sandbox game ever and will be using the Forgelight engine. That game along with the Blizz game and ESO will make this game an abandoned wasteland with just a few hardcore fanboi's left for Bio/EA to squeeze for CC.

and even the super-secret space project!

You actually mentioned the SSSP again. That is a Miracle. You all have been avoiding even saying it like it was the Plague. I all but gave up on it. In fact I was going to quit if the next patch was worthless.

I tell you what. If you all mention more on this soon I may reconsider staying through the next patch even if it sucks. At least for like one more month if the news on the SSSP seems worth while. In fact you all better mention more on this and it better involve Free Roaming Space so we can get of the stupid Rail Shooter that you slapped us with from the get go. Anything less than Free Roaming Space will make me quit outright.

Also...

This better be some news that you all release on E3.

I know that is demanding of me, but heck I am passionate about Star Wars and you can not have Star Wars without Space. To me that is the one thing this game is lacking bad. It would go a long way to make it worth playing.

Why you all will not mention anything at all on it is beyond me. Just mentioning what it is would maybe bring people back to the game and keep some from leaving. You all should not be so tight lipped about such things. It does not hurt to mention what you are trying to do with the future of the game. Even if it just becomes to hard. If you are honest about about what is working out and what is not, it would go a along way than if you were quiet about things and just scrap them without saying anything leaving us hanging out there wondering. That sort of stuff is more upsetting. That is why you all should be more open. We are smart enough to understand even if you say that something was just not working out and you decided not to do it. We can understand that. Well at least most of us can. So please be more open and mention more on this stuff. We want to know about the plans for this game. We do not want to be left in the dark.

So...

I really hope you all are not blowing smoke on this. It would be damaging if you are.

Maybe next time don't release a cartel market only update.

"I cannot go into specifics yet but we are definitely working on things like new Flashpoints, Operations, daily hubs, events, PvP, and even the super-secret space project! " Pics or it didn't happen.

And it's responses like THIS that guarantee we won't have Dev communication.

With all due respect Cory, people are simply asking for the basics in the 2.1 "Customization" update to be available to subscribers. Not the Cathar, not species changes, but the little things like changing your hair style or getting a tan. People aren't clamoring for new things...they want what you just released without having to be charged RL $ for things like a virtual haircut.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm well aware that subscribers receive their monthly stipend/grant/subsidy/handout or whatever you want to call it of coins - This isn't what players should be asked or expected to spend it on.

This ^ So much this.

Howdy, folks. Cory Butler here to follow-up on some of your concerns that have been surfacing in the forums and on social media sites around Game Update 2.1: Customization. First, it's important to know that 2.1 will not affect the cadence of our game update schedule. 2.1 was the second half of our Cartel Market implementation plan. So, do not expect to see this type of Market-driven update on a regular basis. This release was comprised almost entirely of cosmetic options that have no impact on combat balance or gameplay. Vanity modifications are the kinds of things, in general, that we’ve always planned to offer in the Cartel Market for purchase by all players and in some cases, like with Appearance Designer changes, discounted for subscribers -- having said that, we’ve heard some frustration from subscribers that, even with these kinds of offerings, we ought to do more to recognize subscriber status. We hear you loud and clear. Please stay tuned.

To continue on the point of content cadence, I know in a separate post Eric discussed a bit about our cadence and that our plan is for all of you to see content within an 8-week window from Rise of the Hutt Cartel’s launch, I would recommend reading his post for more details, here. What I do want to do is assure you that we have many more things in the works here at BioWare that aren’t Cartel Market features, and are the exact types of content you folks have been asking about. I cannot go into specifics yet but we are definitely working on things like new Flashpoints, Operations, daily hubs, events, PvP, and even the super-secret space project! Game Update 2.1 is just one of the many Updates you will get from us this year and I am really excited about what is still to come and I think you will be too.

More platitudinal ********. Anyone who intends to hold out hope on most of this stuff happening in any significant way is just plain nuts. BW/EA gives a tiny amount in one hand, and then robs you blind with the other. Over and over again they've promised things, dropped hints, made suggestions and in the end the product we're given is crap.

Be definitive or else loose subs, including mine.

What I do want to do is assure you that we have many more things in the works here at BioWare that aren’t Cartel Market features, and are the exact types of content you folks have been asking about. I cannot go into specifics yet but we are definitely working on things like new Flashpoints, Operations, daily hubs, events, PvP, and even the super-secret space project! Game Update 2.1 is just one of the many Updates you will get from us this year and I am really excited about what is still to come and I think you will be too.
What about chat bubbles? It's high time you finally started to work on getting those into the game.

Hey you know what, dont believe a word you say, you could tell me its gonna snow and hailstorms tommorow and ill go upstairs put my speedos on and get the sun cream out cos you lot are about as trustworthy as Snidely Whiplash and your all as much of a joke.

on closing read the sig, you know it, you lied. And the higlighted bit, if you made a patch a dlc cos it was a little large you really think we believe thats gonna be a patch pfft, pull the other one cos that has bells on it.

Edited by Shingara

SSSP is like your ace, you mention it and thousands of people find renewed faith in the game for months. I'm one of them. I'm glad to know those extra missions weren't the SSSP, because more rail shooters are not what anyone wants. We want guild ships or open space combat like JTL in SWG, or both. You definitely could charge full box price for an expansion like that. F2P may have turned things around for SWTOR profit wise but an awesome SSSP expansion would completely undo all the bad rep this game suffered last year around this time.

Coloring items is totally a cosmetic thing eh? yeah no **** sherlock thats what we were asking for. You on the other hand made it impossible to customize colors on items without us spending either huge amounts of cartel coins with no guaranty of success,

buy it from other players for several millions of credits in trademarket who bought those packs in large numbers - not to use them ...but for the purpose of making credits out of those

or run around in clown colors (which isn't customization as i had no real choice except to decline it in the first place).

In short... you implemented a system there that lead the whole purpose of customization down the drain.

You think you did something generous towards us ? something good? laughable...

Black/ black is not avaiable to normal people that don't want to get scammed....is it cosmetic ? right it is ...its on the other hand something that would make me enjoy the look of my characters more.. characters i like are characters played...

if there is a system to dye i expect nothing less than to be able to use it without spending millions or draw a lotto for real money (as it is in basically any other mmo / rpg since 1990..... ).

As i wrote...you made the system and thus you think you implemented there something cool (again its a shameful scam-attempt totally unworthy of your guys former efforts).

i have no hope that you will change it into something that would resolve my "black / black, white / white " problem. no solution on that tiny, really absolute marginal (for you ) matter means...

what can i expect in future besides having a dye-system ingame thats no point at all to use for me?

The solution is as simple as it is logical:

I'd rather play other games ... and once you shut down a couple of more servers for merges you might rethink if it wouldn't been better to have happy, paying customers instead.

Something that angers me quite a bit is ... you seem to not to understand that you make content for us because we are paying you ... and not because you are nice guys or the like... keep scamming your customers, keep up pissing them off and a lot of more ppl will realize it and give their money to another company.

On a side note... personally i wouldn't had a problem to pay micro-payment for the exact color(s) i want (can't stress enough the word "micro" which i would say is like 50 cc or less since we would need a lot of colors and those quite often). I bet ...you would been drowned in money and that for along time over and over again while ppl would been able to dye the way they want.. but oh well ...

General Error

An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.

for 24 this problem has not resolved what does it take for bioware to finally fix that please

With all due respect Cory, people are simply asking for the basics in the 2.1 "Customization" update to be available to subscribers. Not the Cathar, not species changes, but the little things like changing your hair style or getting a tan. People aren't clamoring for new things...they want what you just released without having to be charged RL $ for things like a virtual haircut.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm well aware that subscribers receive their monthly stipend/grant/subsidy/handout or whatever you want to call it of coins - This isn't what players should be asked or expected to spend it on.

This ^

I suppose this is the best apology we'll get from you for "miswording" how the Collections feature would be used in 2.1.

Have it been covered in this thread (I cba to go thru all the pages) - the thing about Hair styles/colors being available only for Humans? What the hell? Why can't I use the new hair styles on my Chiss/Mirialan/Cyborg/Sith/Miraluka - they use the same original ones in the game. Why the restriction? Do you expect me to unlock them in the future per EACH species that can use them? Way to go! Especially with the Cyborgs who ARE HUMANS.

Maybe next time don't release a cartel market only update.

"I cannot go into specifics yet but we are definitely working on things like new Flashpoints, Operations, daily hubs, events, PvP, and even the super-secret space project! " Pics or it didn't happen.

But... But it hasn't happened. How can he provide pics of something that has not yet occurred? Secondly, what did you expect from an update called 'Customization'? 6 new Ops?

So, can I report a bug with the customization change here? I changed my Smuggler's species from mirilian to human. All is well, until I enter a class cutscene and my Smuggler is referred to as an "alien". I'm guessing the species change is only cosmetic and doesn't actually change the character flags?