Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

I don't think I've herd so many people complain about everything under the sun. The ones who post here have nothing positive to say about any of the updates I mean who are you people? If you don't like it leave and stop complaining no one is going to miss you because once a new MMO comes out your going to throw away money buying that then complain on it's forums how bad it is.

You guys are a joke. If you like the game then you'll realize that wow was further behind after a year and a half then this game in a number of ways. Also wow brought out paid server transfers and later pets etc to generate money because they lost millions of subscribers and need to generate revenue.

The Cartel Market is good for the game whether you like it or not looks matter. If you feel the helmet should not be a chargeable item or sub's shouldn't pay for the new race complain and quite possibly Bioware will make it so, they have done it in the past with the Phantom sets and the classic versions. But you come on and complain about everything and talk about leaving instead of getting to the core of what you want.

The more items and money the game can make the more employee's they can hire to work on expanding the game and making it more enjoyable. They have done more in the last 6 months then they did in the first year and still your on here complianing, Give it some time and tell them what you want instead of complianing about everything when everything isn't the problem.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Collections. People have said they don't get their stuff but I see the ones I actually got out of boxes and NOT on the GTN as able to grab with a couple exceptions. The only thing I can come up with is the items I got from a box and actually used myself are there. If it didn't bind to my account in some way, it's not there.

Now, customization... you can have it. I realize it is less than a cup of coffee at McD's but I'm not paying 80 cents to change my eye color. Not that I would have to since I sub and get 600 coins per month but still not giving the coins for cosmetic surgery. It's nice, don't get me wrong. It's just not worth real-world value to me.

Neither is Cathar. It looks to me like a painted human face that appears to be a cathar. I have no unlocked the species yet so I will wait to say more on the matter but from the artwork, it's not a Cathar.

Dyes are decent even if most of the colors look rather odd and I will most likely use those that aren't lime green or hot pink. Plus, some of it is craftable. I'm not a 450 in Artifice since I haven't put much effort into crafting anything other than my Cyber for levelup armoring.

About complaints... this is cosmetic. It's not worth the MSRP to me so I won't do it. If they make a credit/coin like they do with cargo holds and legacy, I'll spend more than the 2 minutes I did at the kiosk looking around. If it's worth the MSRP to you, then have fun with it! One last thing... The complaints about the price to make dyes are, to me, unfounded. It's not a huge cost for the ones I can make. They ARE a legendary-grade item. You don't come by purple hilts and enhancements for cheap and easy. Why should you these?

I don't think I've herd so many people complain about everything under the sun. The ones who post here have nothing positive to say about any of the updates I mean who are you people? If you don't like it leave and stop complaining no one is going to miss you because once a new MMO comes out your going to throw away money buying that then complain on it's forums how bad it is.

You guys are a joke. If you like the game then you'll realize that wow was further behind after a year and a half then this game in a number of ways. Also wow brought out paid server transfers and later pets etc to generate money because they lost millions of subscribers and need to generate revenue.

The Cartel Market is good for the game whether you like it or not looks matter. If you feel the helmet should not be a chargeable item or sub's shouldn't pay for the new race complain and quite possibly Bioware will make it so, they have done it in the past with the Phantom sets and the classic versions. But you come on and complain about everything and talk about leaving instead of getting to the core of what you want.

The more items and money the game can make the more employee's they can hire to work on expanding the game and making it more enjoyable. They have done more in the last 6 months then they did in the first year and still your on here complianing, Give it some time and tell them what you want instead of complianing about everything when everything isn't the problem.

I understood what you are saying here. I just don't understand why you're saying it.

I don't know if you read all of the posts, but if you pick one or two to read, the ************ atitude is explicit: people don't like the way things have being done. I, and other people here, would like to be able to choose the color our armors are going to be dyed, or being recognized for paying, for supporting, this game, for keep it running, - and here's your answer for who we think we are - I really think we deserve a better treatment. Whatever the complains are, they're all here. It's just a matter of taking a little time to read and I hope we're being read.

No one's gonna miss us. You, probably not, but as a dude already said: we have made friends in this game. Good friends we would not like to loose contact with. And I don't really think BioWare agrees with you. In addition, it took us time and money to build our toons, if you are able to just abandon this work and go away, please, do it. We are not. If we are here complaining, it's because we still have hope to be heard. We are still paying, we are still here, we want things to get better (and an intelligent company would know how to take advantage on it), not only for us, but for the XP users and for the other guys who are not here ************ around, but are thinking exactly the same thing as we are.

" If you feel the helmet should not be a chargeable item or sub's shouldn't pay for the new race complain" and then, here, you answer your own entire post. That's what we're doing here. Complaining. Giving BioWare an opportunity to show us they care.

I'm sorry if I seemed rough on my post. I really didn't mean to offend you, my friend, or anyone else here. I just felt like answering to your post to make things clear.

Thank you.

I dont think i have ever said anything against you guys (Bioware/EA) I have talked about things i would like to see. Heck! I have said that i felt like Roleplayers were a little neglected. But i have never had a full on rant aginst you. I've never felt truly dissapointed. I love this game.

I am dissapointed now.

Faith is what i had. That faith is waning. You promised so much from this patch. But what do we get?

A scheme worthy of con-artists. I feel no entitlement. I know you are a company, and you need to earn revenue. But this latest patch stinks of nothing but money grabbing. I am happy to pay for the armour and other items i like on Cartel. But randomised Dye packs. Really? That is such a blatant attempt at swindling earning more money. Yeah, sure they dont cost much --$1.50 a pop, for lotterized dye kits, making of course the most popular ones the rarest-- But what you get out of them rarely comes up with anything decent. I have compromised and used one of the dyes. Its not the sort of thing i was looking for. But i am willing to go along with my choice.

I'd ask why no ability to buy seperate dyes. But as i have stated, that is glaringly obvious.

This has been an ongoing trend of EA and its only getting worse because people are buying into it. The next generation of gamers won't think twice about, and that's what the end game is. Even LEGO got in on it with their Minifigures collections that parents buy for kids not knowing the best ones are a 1/100 chance. John Riccitiello gave away the farm when he talked about charging a $1 for ammo 4 hours into a Battlefield 3 session as an example of what he had planned for greater revenue generation. It isn't going to stop until people get fed up and stop buying into it, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Edited by Rikalonius

Seriously!? I get it, you are in business to make money, but I find it incredibly greedy to charge a per month fee to play in order to get all content and then make us pay again for game content (i.e. new races, customization's, etc.). What is the damn point of being a subscriber and paying you money every month??? I really like this game, at least I did, but I am starting to really dislike the direction it has taken. Why should I pay every month if you are just going to charge me once I am in the game for everything else? Very bad move...way to piss off all your subscribers!

Come on Bioware, really. As a subscriber I am not feeling like a valued customer. This is basic stuff that should be available to all subs for in game credits. Either Hugely bump up our monthly cartel coin stipend, or make it available with credits. This is what makes people leave, and I don't want to leave, because I like the game.

Monthly stipend covered most of what I wanted, so I'm not as let down as some seem to be, here. That is until discovering that the dye kits are Cartel Coins only. That's a bit of a stupid joke, because there are F2P games *cough* Guild Wars2 *cough* in which you LOOT and CRAFT dyes.

Take note, BioWare. Your community has spoken, and they are quite displeased. Do I still enjoy the game? Sure, but this patch makes me less inclined to continue to subscribe for half-baked bells and whistles that we have to CONTINUE to pay for beyond our subs. There is better value in most of the F2P games I play, so I am definitely beginning to lose my justification to maintain a sub, here. Start treating your customers like you value them, or I promise they'll set out for greener pastures in this ever-changing game industry climate.

Edited by JarekCyphus

I love the update but I have a few bones to pick with it. One, you guys are asking people to pay why to much money for anyone to enjoy playing this amazing game. I understand it cost a lot to keep this game going but I know for fact that you are losing a lot more money from the people who either quite playing or refuse to subscribe . The cartel market needs to be more player friendly.

Here's an idea for future update. You have a wed/phone app were players can change and buy from the market. Players should even change the look of there companions. Also, there should be an area where players can create a back story for thier character. :D

collections doesn't appear to be working correctly...I have a couple cartel crystals that are not active on my collections, one is in use the other in a cargo bay...same with some weapons. Do collections only add if the possessing character is lvl 50?

collections doesn't appear to be working correctly...I have a couple cartel crystals that are not active on my collections, one is in use the other in a cargo bay...same with some weapons. Do collections only add if the possessing character is lvl 50?

I don't know guys from BW...

The idea for character customization is quite fine, but the implementation is somehow lacking the common sense.

Sure additional customization options should be available through CC (even for Subs - maybe with little discount?), but change of hairstyle, hairstyle color, beards, beards color, tattoos (which lack color selection), etc. should be carried out for game currency (Credits) not CC.

And what about promised renames? I really hope, that you will make it right anytime soon, or as someone wrote here, give us 1000 CC and we could buy it from CM.

Dyes are good idea, but they are lacking common sense too. Give us 2 slots for colors and selection of colors which can we buy. Again i think it should be possible to buy it for game currency.

-Edit-

Ok, now I saw, that rename will be available for subs in June. At least something.

Edited by AssarCZE

hate to say it but this new patch is a huge disappointment! my only complaint is that the hair style and hair color change is not for every class,but in the description of the customization 2.01 patch it dosnt say anything that certain class's cant use this ability.then when you go and try to get your CC back a stupid protocol droid replies back at you sorry cant do anything about it.

subscribers should not have to pay for any new in game upgrades they already pay for it through the subscriptions.

if bio/EA wants to generate more money to make the game better keep the FTP going but leave us subs alone seeings how we helped start this MMO going and help keep it going......if anything raise the sub price to $20.00 a month, so I go 1 less time out to dinner during the month..........

My thoughts on 2.1...

Cathar = awesome!

Appearance Designer = Very cool idea. Don't mind paying CCs though credits would be better for minor things like hair/eye color, though species change I get CCs... but the prices on things like hair/eye color are INSANE. Knock the last 0 off of everything here.

Collections = again cool idea. clunky interface. TOO expensive to unlock stuff on other characters. Give us a sweeping thing like (500 cartel coins unlocks ALL emotes, 1000 cartel coins unlocks ALL mounts and/or mini-pets).

Dyes = the concept is good. The dye selection SUCKS. The cartel market random packs SUCK! The color combinations, and the fact that we can't just get what we want, SUCKS! What non-artistic monkey color matched some of those dyes? You'd NEVER put some of those colors together, and the obvious useful ones are mission.

Come on Bioware GW2 lets you dye for FREE from launch. You can't give us a better system than that crap?

the thing Producer Cory Butler missed to mention was "You are not able to customize your character in any way that you personally want, you can possibly get only dyes that makes you go blind when using. Of course you can buy 2 useless random dyes per 200 cartel coins and hope to find "rare" finds in them like black/ black. Imagine how rare black/black must be in the empire. But apparently he has reasons to be proud about this... true sith runs around in brown/green or green/blue or white/yellow in his vision ...those are craftable and - if you ask me something for people with a hidden clown-trauma back from their childhood. SHAME on you guys! This is the worst possible scam i have seen a while in an online-game where customization is a matter of a lot of money and luck.

On a sidenote, i cancelled my subscription and can only hope a lot of other people will do that as well in order to make you guys at least rethink if this was such a good plan to rip people off in the end.....

Edited by dyarshin

I miss the days where you paid for a game and you got what came with it.

Me too I really don't mind the Sub fees they are not that bad I mean come on $15 per month that's almost the price of a magazine nowadays come on people.

People bash trolls because they waste air !

I'm experiencing a similar issue and I'm on Win7 64 bit with almost near all new tech only about 2 years old it does not matter what you're using you can still run into issues like this.

I think its stupid that in order to use the "barber shop" kiosk you have to spend Cartel Points. Who's bright idea was that!? We should be able to spend Credits to change our character's face , hair , etc...not Cartel Points. Just another way for them to force some players to spend more of their real hard earned money on buying more Cartel points. Also I think its unfair that the Dye packs are random ((Luckily for me I just happened to luck out and get the color I was wanting.). We should be able to pick which color dyes we want to buy.

Well now they put up this alert on the launcher:

"Crash to Desktop Upon Launching"

We are investigating an issue where "some players" who are running Windows XP may crash to desktop upon launching the game client.

Try "ALOT " of players or most who are running Windows XP. lol

Can't believe you guys didnt test the launcher for older systems that are posted as compatible for this MMO.

I tried calling your technical support line, but it said "45 minute wait." lolz

Lawrance

Good thing I have Windows 7. But I have been experncing a TON of Lag since the new patch went live.

White/Orange is not white, white/blue or blue/white. Green/Blue is not blue.

lol what are you talking about? My main character used a green dye pack to turn his Jedi Robe Green..and I'm not talking about Green and another color..no it turned his robe SOLID green. And I've seen players with solid blue robes as well. Though I have yet to come across anyone with a white dye pack.

I would like to know why the subscribers have to buy the cathar skins. When you're a subscriber u should get those perks already especially when you've been with the game since the beta. And your team really needs to put more "details" in the vids like "hey, this update will cost you money" instead of letting us believe its free. Not cool pissin off clients who are already irritated with how things have been done. :rak_03:

Bioware stated countless times in the past that the Cathar would only be available through the Cartel Market.

Customisation Rip Off

The prices being charged for customisation of characters is prohibitive to your average player. I know, I know, its optional fluff etc. but I have waited a year to change a character name and have subscribed since pre-launch and it appears that subscribers do not even get one free character name change (or am I wrong here?) and 1000 coins is a lot!

There is nothing else to get excited about in this update, to my eyes and I'm a little dubious about reduced instance populations too . I hope its for the right reasons and not to mask possible population decreases on servers. I love this game and will continue to support it but to say I'm a little tee'd off is putting it mildly.

Looking forward to being corrected if I am wrong about character re-name.

I know how you feel. Since the day I created my main character I have not been happy with the face I chose for him. Flash forward..I'm so excited that BW is finally going to be putting a "Barber Shop" feature into the game..at long last I can finally fix my main character's face. The day comes..I download and install the patch and log on...I instantly go to the kiosk..all excited. Only to learn that in order to actually use it you have to spend Cartel Coins..***!? I'm so mad I should be able to use in game Credits for such a feature like in other MMOs..but no..you have to use Cartel Coins. Man I was so pissed.

You know, i'm happy that this game is getting new content love on a reasonably frequent basis. However, along with the vast majority of other subscribers, I refuse to pay for something that subscribing should net me in the first place.

It is understandable to ask subscribers to fork out additional $$$ for promotional or specialty items on the Cartel market, but for basic things like race restrictions and character customization on the measly stipend that they supply subs? That is just absurd.

I reiterate, I like the content, hate the way it has been implemented.