Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

Goodness, you guys really know how to whine, don't you? Everything's working fine for me and my friends. Keep up the good work BioWare.

It might be working for you but there are lots of people it's not working for. Don't be so selfish.

I already bought the expansion, and i'm subbed, so i shouldn't have to buy anything new on the cartel market.

You don't have to.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new race and the new modification station.... but what i don't understand is: if we can buy cartel coins to change name, appearance of toon..... WHY , you allow us to change the gender of our toons? I was planning to change all my toons gender. I was lucky that i didn't buy the cartel coins in advanced.

And of course if you change the gender, then you need to change its name, gear, etc, etc.... someone didn't think about it.

Another lack is If you can dye your gear (that is really sick) why you can't dye your Speeder? Color are good but the lack of "patterns" make this update lack of punch.

Anyways, good thing you can modify your name, appearance, color your gear, etc really good job!.

Now give us some more planets and will be in heaven!

Exactly as he wrote it. If you cant make a patch without denying us the service, make it optional. TEST it!!! I even run repair to see if anything happens. After about a year and a half you are blocking win xp users?!

Is there going to be some sort of reimbursement for lost payed game time? There should.

And by the way, if you dont want windows xp users, change product description and return the money.

Well said !

Still doesn't work!

You screwed totally this time! It's been more than 24 hours ffs, it'd be better if you'd just take back damn update and TEST it before giving us new crap!

And for those smart'***s who love to preach about XP - here's the test and guess what? My XP is BETTER than win7!

http://shrani.si/f/E/rM/3AeE2Am0/xp.png

While I use win 7 on my new gaming rig and like it my son uses my old gaming rig which is optimized with win XP and has had no issues until this patch. What a shameful roll out !

I am really dissapointed by this update. It made one of my best friends cancel his subscription. Now i know this shouldn't be much of a problem. But the thing is, is that i met him in a flashpoint in this game and we have been playing together all the time. This is something that actuallu really hurt me and i know bioware will not care about my story anyway. But i just wanted to post my side of the story and i hope that some people can understand this.

Your comment IS IRRELEVANT!! Telling people to go buy a new OS because BIOWARE didn't test their new update properly is flat out ridiculous. Everyone ran the game JUST FINE yesterday. You didn't tell them to upgrade yesterday did you? No. What if it was Win 7 that was causing the problem? Heh? Should everyone then upgrade to crappy Win 8 instead of Bioware fixing their game? Man, your comment is utter nonsense.

Yes, people CAN expect this game to "run on older OS" because it says "compatible with Win XP". I run SWTOR just fine with Win XP Pro 64bit, in full 1080 actually with settings on medium and high....until today. Now I cannot load the game at all. Who's fault is that? Biowares. I am not upgrading my entire PC just because of glitches or bugs from Bioware. This is Bioware, not me, who is the problem.

Furthermore, how does upgrading to WIn 7 fix the glitch? It doesn't. The glitch is still there. Maybe you should work for EA heh? They don't care about quality or fixing bugs. Just rushing out content and milking everyone to death with Cartel. That's why they are the most hated company 2 yrs in a row.

Don't you hate ignorant trolls who bash older systems....same jerk offs who ruin games by buying there way to success because they have no skill. I play swtor on a new gaming rig with win 7 but my son plays on my old gaming rig which is optimized on win XP he has had no issues with newer games or swtor until this patch just a piss poor roll out and a money grabbing ploy described as new content very concerning. Plus if XP user cannot play they will lose not only win XP users but those of us who enjoy playing with them as well.

Sorry you guys do not understand how OS work. Expecting an old OS to run a newer game is a bit ridiculous. Yes, Bioware is to blame for the mishap. But expecting it to continue to run on a 10 year old OS isn't something I would recommend.

I'm not here to argue the point that it should work. Sure it should but as they continue to update the game do not expect perfection or it to continue to do so. If you cannot grasp how games and OS run together then I'm sorry to say you may be back here patch after patch.

I'm on Windows 7 and I have not experienced this "glitch" you speak of. Just because you do not like my solution or what I am saying doesn't mean you have to bash me for it.

People bash trolls because they waste air !

Whoa, I came here to bash Cathar and the stupid dye pack lottery, but some of the nonsense I'm reading is going to force me to jump in.

From the game FAQ: "Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later"

That's it, end of story, that is what the game is advertised to run on, so it damn well better run on it.

Second, I can see a boatload of people who don't know crap about how an operating system works. The only real differences between XP and 7 is the amount of bloatware that Microsoft has stuffed into in order to give you the illusion you are buying something new. They are like EA in that way. Microsoft would love nothing more than to get you to drop $100 a year on their "franchise" and make little to know progress in efficiency. The fact that the game doesn't run on XP is not because XP is old, but due to a coding mistake by Bioware. They will fix it, I'm sure, but to hear people suggesting players should go out and buy 7 is the height of ridiculous comments.

Where the game first came out, there was problems running it on Windows 7 and they had to put out a workaround, should those people have been told "Maybe you should fall back to XP (nobody would ever suggest anyone fall back to Vista, not even Bioware and EA)?

Hmm an intelligent species has been discovered ;-)

Again you don't understand that even though a game is supported through XP. As the years go on that support begins to diminish with new updates. Eventually most games like WoW stop any support for XP. Which they have.

Didn't I even state it was on Biowares fault? I did, didn't I. Please don't read between the lines. I agreed with you on that. My whole point is that a 10 year OS running games like this regardless of what it said on your box is asking a lot. AGAIN, stating for you that I do agree it sucks that it worked before and that Bioware should fix it. (Little tid bit for you the minimum requirements for this game should actually be bumped up substantially as they are wrong.)

I'm not being ignorant. I'm just stating that expecting support for a 10 year old OS is a bit ridiculous. Do you still see a lot of support for people on Windows 95 or 98? You should consider an upgrade as it isn't pricey. That's all.

I did not come here for a fight I just came with a suggestion on upgrading as it is not that pricey right now and would give you way better performance than what you currently have. :o

I'll leave you guys to it though. Good luck getting it fixed.

I know perfectly well that when OS software gets dated, the support beings to wane by vendors. I sell enterprise software and have even sold OS software for years. (haha) Your stating the completely obvious. But they still have the responsibility to test software for OS support / access before any release and give us fair warning before they plan to stop any OS support. If the service interruption is accidental, so be it. But keep us updated on progress. When Bioware / Disney wants to stop supporting WinXP they should say so and we make that OS decision at that time. ...or we quit the vendor and choose another. My point your missing is it not always just about a single upgrade cost. Switching costs are often more than just the initial software purchase, and if you were experienced in business you would understand this. Switching costs can often be different per customer based on their individual circumstances.

Still no access. Still no developer updates on the resolution to those of us affected. Still can't see this customization.

Going back to work.

Edited by LawranceEttar

Just to try and move this discussion to more content related matters.

I find it almost offensive that we are to pay Cartel Coins for the appearance changes. Why Cartel Coins, why not Credits? I can somewhat understand you want people to pay Cartel Coins for additional options when it comes to appearance changes, but to charge us for every change we make to our Character, that is just greedy as hell! Further more, BioWare, if you are going to sell Dye items on the Cartel Market, why do you make them one time use only!? You can't even take them out for a credit fee like any other mod. I also didn't expect this armor dye feature to work the way it does. I was hoping for a system where you can craft your own color combination and not having to stick to predesignated color combinations.

This approach has left me seriously wondering whether or not I should end my subscription anytime soon.

My only problem is the fact that all the new hair options are only for Humans, I was looking forward to changing hair style for a few of my alien characters. Also I thought there would be more hair options than just 5......will there be fore to come in the future? :confused:

I'd have to say I'm pretty happy, personally, with everything added in this patch. The appearance design kiosk is of course great, since things that seemed good in character creation can really come to grate on you and the pricing is handled in a fair manner, with you paying for each feature, meaning you can change hairstyles of some other trivial thing cheaply.

I like that new hairstyles and colours and stuff made their way in along with the Cathar. I take it that the hairstyles were largely a trial right now, to see how the community reacted to some styles that might feel a little odd with the tone of the game and clip with armour and hoods and stuff. That is why they are currently restricted to humans, right? I am perfectly okay with those issues though, since I can choose another hairstyle easily with the appearance kiosk now if that turns out to grate on my nerves. Hope to see more awesome hairstyles soon! Especially love the female braided style - I'd have to watch RotJ again to check, but I think that its Leia's hairstyles when she was kept as a slave, no?

XP issues aside (you really should upgrade out of that 15 year old OS btw)

I think it was a nice patch it gave people the option to race change added a new race a lot of customizing options for the players who wanted it. The thing I think that would help the game really get going is Cross-Server Warzones and Ranked Warzones.

The Cartel Market has allowed them to start doing a lot of these upgrades and I know you people want everything yesterday but things take time and a lot of you just come on here and complain without giving any thought to where games like Wow were a year and a half in with a lot more support and money or how many games failed after a year . This game has actually picked up and gained momentum after all seemed lost.

I am disappointed with a lot of things in this patch, I was looking forward to the patch and the customization, but I was not expecting to have to pay money to change minor things like hair style, scar etc.

I understand that new packs that allow new hairstyles that didn't exist before, should cost money even to a subscriber, I was even ok with cathar costing some Cartel coins, though I think subscribers especially those who also bought the expansion deserved it without additional cost. My problem is even after buying Cathar I would have to pay 700+ cartel coins to change a character to that race. Or pay Cartel coins to remove a scar or change hair color etc. Most games that allow these type of cosmetic changes allow them for in game credits.

My second disappointment is the poor performance of the Dyes, I thought artifice was going to finally be useful after sticking with it from prelaunch when everyone else switched to biochem since reusable stims and adreneals are so over powered compared to the other crafting, but the colors are horrible. Artifice cant even make augment kits. There is only a few choices, and the premade combos are clown colors, I cant imagine any one wanting those combos on their armor, and there is only about 3 or 4 colors artifice can make. There is a couple decent ones if you have legendary reputation, which I don't because by the time rep came out I had run section x and all the other daily's so many times I never wanted to see them again, and it of course didn't count the year of running them we already had done. On top of that, the random dyes in a pack from the cartel market is horrible, especially since those are the colors people want. Make a Dye section of Cartel market, let people pick the dye color they want, or make them all available to artifice even if it requires Reverse engineering or combining dyes in crafting to make new combo kits or whatever. There has to be some way to pick your combo instead of using purple/yellow or what ever other acid trip color bioware chose to make a combination kit

Also just a side note on the XP problem, while I agree it needs to be fixed and they are obviously working on it, If people didn't know even Microsoft itself will not be supporting XP past this year, no more updates for security holes etc. When MS stops supporting it due to age, I would be surprised if games continue to since it will introduce security flaws.

Will you stop blabbering about changing XP OS please? Check screen below - microsoft still supporting it

http://shrani.si/f/1P/lW/4BQZmilW/winxp.png

Second - stop giving "self-made" solutions cause it's not OUR fault game's not working but THEIRS! And whoever is stupid enough to change his/hers PC, settings or whatever, only gives them the reason not to fix it properly.

Third - I'm waiting to play for 2 days now and if damn game tomorrow wont work, I'm gonna demand 32 days of already payed time + 2 days lost + all lost ingame profit.

Call me childish, I don't care, I'm sick of forcing me into something I didn't wanted and will never buy no matter how hot changes are, simply cause I don't have rich daddy and have to work hard for money I already gave to those greedy bastards.

this patch is an insult to subscribers.

you are greedy, you are slave of money, i play for star wars but i have no respect for you, the fat man in the commercial video with his snake smile, in first :mad:

no passion, just money makers.

Edited by Thaladan

I was looking forward to one of the new human hairstyles for my Mirialan but I was disappointed to find out that while I have every single human hairstyle.. I do not have the option of adding the new ones to my character. I was not expecting it to literally be human only hairstyles. I was also disappointed that the cathar just got zabrak hairstyles without the horns.

Last but not least, the nickel and diming that is being displayed with the new patch is not appealing at all. As a subscriber I thought I'd get more benefits than just a lousy discount. I understand you want money but I don't think you are going to get it like this.

It's nice to be cheated out of my game time with only less then 2 weeks left. With customer support just a circle run around, I thought this would be if any way for someone to hear of my fustration. I know that if my utilites go out on me for a long duration, I get reimbursed for my non use. This is day 3 and counting. Will I get my time back, or are you just out to give xp users the axe?

Its pretty upsetting to me as a very avid subscriber paying a monthly fee for a game that in order to get everything from the new patch i have to buy more coins or wait another month for my free coins i just hope bioware realizes the mistake they made in making subscribers having to buy the new race it should have came with purchase of expansion or something but no i have to spend the 600 monthly coins i get on the cathar then wait a month for the new hairstyle or spend more the 15 bucks a month on the game which is really not very fair since i have invested over 320 bucks into a single game already which is kinda sad if u think about it now i have to invest more i dont get stock for this game i dont earn money from investing into this game all i ask is to be able to play it to its full potential without having to risk putting any more money into it none of my friends play this anymore ive seen 3 guilds go from 430 members + with 4-5 raid groups each go from 30-45 people on at a time to 1-2 people ive seen a server from 250 on fleet to 5-8 people on fleet i stuck with this game through its dark time unlike many many many other close to a million people unsubbed and now the people who stayed are getting punished by u laughing at us on your way to the bank

I've got to say I'm kind of disappointed with the way you do the customization. Once again built around the cartel market and not really much customization. I know GW2 had much more color customization on day 1. I was hoping for being able to pick colors that I want, and not buy pokeman card-like dye packs and hope for something I like. The cathar seems to be a poor choice for new species since there are so many more iconic species out there. Very few new options for hair and tattoos. I am glad I was able to preview them at the appearance designer and not spend real money on them. I know I will stick with this game for a few more months until at least ESO, but there seems to be a more disappointment lately as the game continues.

This update has bogged the graphics engine down so badly that we now face invisible enemies in flashpoints. Do you guys even test this stuff before releasing it live? Objects are taking literally 10x longer to render. Or more.

I have been playing since day 1. I sub and enjoy the game, mainly because the players (friends) are why I play and pay. This update 2.1 is rather disappointing. I have yet to understand why I sub. When they made the free to play they said that subs would have access to full game content. Character customization is game content, but we have to buy these colors or changes to our toons with real money. Then they add a mask to a suit that was already implimented and should have had the mask then, but now we have to pay more for it to get it. Unlike some of the lucky few I have had no problems with getting in game. But now I wish I had so I would not be so upset. If ea is the future of star wars games I feel for lucas arts/ Disney. I would say they are trying their best to copy WOW but WOW has much more than they do and has had more since it launched. I hope you change my out look on your game bioware/EA.