Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

Another garbage patch

It supposed to be simple and easy, but DEV seems to complicate things, they used to do the dumbiest way possible.

Dye? Pretty simple, each armor have 2 dye slots, primary and secondary, you get the dye and choose where you use it. Not this garbage of have the same dye with the 2 colors. Pretty dumb. You cant really put the way you want to.

Finally when you think they manage to make artifice usefull, a lot of dye and the better ones from cartel vendor and other stuff, pretty idiot. They should sell the schematic of those colors on cartel. So few and garbage colors for artifice.

Cartel to change aspect? I'll never pay for it. This is totally dumb too, should be ingame credits, what bioware should sell on cartel is special features for customize, like a new scar, new tattoo. Different traits.

Want to have a huge profit on cartel, put some really nice vehicles, not packs, put a AT-At or AT-ST for 20 dollars and you'll see a lot of people buying it. Put some new ships with cartel, like millenium falcon and you'll see people paying 30 dollars for it. Not those garbage

Agreed

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it to the team, but 2.1 isn't as good as people anticipated. Dyes aren't anything like people expected, for one. Black, for example, is one of the most popular colors there is in the game, and guess what? It's also the rarest. We should be able to BUY THE DYES WE WANT, and not just pay for some random ones! Here's another thing. White eyes, why can't they be for Sith? Since when does a Sith deserve to NOT have awesome eyes, or an awesome hair style, or tattoos? :rak_03:

For the ignorant wookie my pc has software and hardware from 10 years ago. Still can run anything under DX9 on highest quality. Playing Skyrim on ultra whilst waiting this stupid thing get solved. By the way just ran Neverwinter the other day and guess what it is a newest game so please close your lips because you know nothing about OSs. I still have to find a MMO DX10 (W7+) exclusive and I am pretty sure they will carry on developing for XP users because the goal is to milk everyone and their mothers so do not come with ******** about XP being outdated for this game.

I bought legendary pack of LOTRO's latest expansion with all goodies yada yada but Turbine failed to deliver some stuff promised + delay of expansion and lack of instances, they actually wanted us to pay for the instances in the future even it been advertised on legendary edition. Rage dominated the forums because it is an adult community. People flooded for days support, tickets, posts complaining the hell out of the scan Turbine put and guess what they back off and said wow guys we will now include the instances and hey take more 2,000 Turbine points as compensation. We got our rights by complaining, I will not make a difference, but 80% of players whinning about stuff will make the difference by all means bug them! Post here etc. Unless you are filthy rich or use mamas daddys credit card rage all ways possible. You put money here and they MUST deliver what they promise or ****.

**** companies exist because **** consumers. We let EA stomp over us with **** quality game feeding them our money this is the result. Time to show the consumer is always right.

Customisation Rip Off

The prices being charged for customisation of characters is prohibitive to your average player. I know, I know, its optional fluff etc. but I have waited a year to change a character name and have subscribed since pre-launch and it appears that subscribers do not even get one free character name change (or am I wrong here?) and 1000 coins is a lot!

There is nothing else to get excited about in this update, to my eyes and I'm a little dubious about reduced instance populations too . I hope its for the right reasons and not to mask possible population decreases on servers. I love this game and will continue to support it but to say I'm a little tee'd off is putting it mildly.

Looking forward to being corrected if I am wrong about character re-name.

I agree 100% plus the game is broke for XP users like my son as a bonus anyone else feel trashed.

For the ignorant wookie my pc has software and hardware from 10 years ago. Still can run anything under DX9 on highest quality. Playing Skyrim on ultra whilst waiting this stupid thing get solved. By the way just ran Neverwinter the other day and guess what it is a newest game so please close your lips because you know nothing about OSs. I still have to find a MMO DX10 (W7+) exclusive and I am pretty sure they will carry on developing for XP users because the goal is to milk everyone and their mothers so do not come with ******** about XP being outdated for this game.

I bought legendary pack of LOTRO's latest expansion with all goodies yada yada but Turbine failed to deliver some stuff promised + delay of expansion and lack of instances, they actually wanted us to pay for the instances in the future even it been advertised on legendary edition. Rage dominated the forums because it is an adult community. People flooded for days support, tickets, posts complaining the hell out of the scan Turbine put and guess what they back off and said wow guys we will now include the instances and hey take more 2,000 Turbine points as compensation. We got our rights by complaining, I will not make a difference, but 80% of players whinning about stuff will make the difference by all means bug them! Post here etc. Unless you are filthy rich or use mamas daddys credit card rage all ways possible. You put money here and they MUST deliver what they promise or ****.

**** companies exist because **** consumers. We let EA stomp over us with **** quality game feeding them our money this is the result. Time to show the consumer is always right.

Great POST.....gotta love ya

I'm very frustrated with the update as well. For starters, even as a subscriber, you have to purchase the new options, then they charge you AGAIN to actually change your character. So you get hammered twice. And the items are brutally over priced.

In addition, you have to purchase the new race, subscriber or not. And lastly, for a final insult, when you buy a dye kit off the cartel market, you don't even get to pick the color. They charge you a couple of hundred cartel points and you end up having no choice at all in what you want. That is an apparent attempt to gouge people. Let us pick the colors we want.

You folks made a fairly good attempt, but you fell short. Why not have two customization slots for die so WE can pick our own combo's, instead of having them forced on us? Just doesn't make sense to me. This whole patch just seems like a big money grab.

This patch is somewhat disappointing. In order to change our characters, we have to use cartel coins? I understand the need to make money. However, some of us are having trouble buying cartel coins. So, customizing our character isn't exactly feasible. If we could use credits, that would be great. Or perhaps fix the issues with our credit cards so we can purchase coins! Edited by rakaat

No it's not irrelevant. Nobody is asking you to buy a whole new computer. You just have to buy a new operating system which is different from a brand new computer. Irrelevant because it worked before? As, I said you are lucky it worked before.

Older OS cannot run newer games. This game came out over a year ago while it does support it. With new updates to the game the OS becomes even harder to maintain with the newer technology.

If you don't have the funds then that's fine. But don't expect a game to work with an old operating system.

For you people on XP: http://www.evaluesoftware.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1958&gclid=CKDKyvndlrcCFYOo4AodkhIAvg

It's 70 bucks. Save up and upgrade. I should reiterate that they will support you through your XP issues. But expecting a miracle is your best bet. XP can for sure run this game to a point. You should really upgrade soon.

Again your totally missing the point... this game was published to run on Windows XP as well as Windows 7 & 8. Win XP did work with SWTOR just fine until today. They have not made any comments that I have seen thus far that they are removing Windows XP support as of yet. It worked fine 24 hours ago. The patch screwed things up today, not our OS. I think by the number of replys your getting on your "expert" recommendation , I hope you realize you totally do not understand the individual situation of each and every user of Windows XP. As a professional in the software industry, software upgrades do not always execute cleanly as a fresh OS install on a new system. Also, I have more important work information on this computer, not just an MMO video game, and I do not want to risk the availability of my work information / system in case of a mishap. So before assuming a software OS upgrade will be simple and fix everything, I think you need to really step back and ask about a users current situation before making recommendations. lol :rolleyes:

Edited by LawranceEttar

While I’m still happy, overall, to have an update and that the game is slightly better and I have slightly more stuff than yesterday, I too am a bit disappointed.

Like everyone else who has paid attention, I knew and understood that this would largely be a Cartel Market update, and that a more content-heavy patch is to follow in a couple of weeks in the form of 2.2. I fully understood and gladly accepted that I would have to pay CCs for the dyes and collections features and I was very much looking forward to them.

However, I was not expecting the “dye lottery”, which has largely put me off that feature.

Neither was I expecting the “full set required” prerequisite for collections. I think you are shooting yourselves in the foot with this one. I might have been inclined to gamble on your Cartel packs in the knowledge I could replicate nice items I find across my account. But having to collect an entire set is not a good bet, and I suspect fewer people will be willing to take it.

Edited by Aikura

I have just been through steps at the local loan offices and found out just how that officer who loaned out money is responsible for the money. The person I talked to needs people who borrowed the money to visit them at least once a month to reassure the person they won't be stuck paying those loans them self by working them self to death.

It would be nice if more people who have accounts too, who pay a monthly fee, would go in and say hi to the loan officers. If nothing else it reassures the loan officers that they, the people who took out the loan, are alive and trying to do their best as borrowers to pay back the loan.

Even if you are one of those splendid people who never miss paying a monthly payment or are paying it off twice as fast it makes the loan officer feel like they are human beings and not bean counters.

Wouldn't it be nice if those people who thought up the Cartel Coin thing could get the same kind of caring attention?

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could afford to play as a subscriber so the rest of us who are and are barely showing any human caring at all too shared a little understanding kindness so the providers of Star Wars The Old Republic Online feel like they are humans and not just a computer tech?

Those monthly fears of no one liking them as a person can put a strain on a human being like no other. Unless you're an alien like me of course. But they are human type people at EA and BIOWARE. They are human and I feel not enough people give them appreciation for being alive. So at least give them an Air High Five before you use your Star Wars Gear to slice and dice them when you have a problem with the game.

Joining as subscribers may make them a bit richer, but believe me if I say it is likely not as great as having a friendly visit from someong just to say hi.

They have debts to pay just to keep the MMO afloat?

Have an Air high five from me now support team members.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

footnote:

For you undergrads who haven't got your dictionary handy, "afloat" means: Paying your monthly college loans one month at a time on time, or able to keep paying monthly debts. Including support for the MMO Internet Servers backbone and the support team members own rent or home mortgages, food, beverages, Health, Life, and Dental Insurance and put some down on the money they borrowed to be able to share Star Wars The Old Republic with us.

Sorry if I gave you support folks a tongue lashing, or two, which may of seemed rude. But I am awake again and thanks for giving me something to do until I can recover from, "Work related Injuries".

Yeah I would like to express how much your 2.1 SUCKS! WE cant play the game now so that pretty much sums it up. Just when I thought you guys couldn't screw this game up any more... Fix this now or you will loose another subscriber and we know you guys already lost 1.3 mil last month. O yeah and this month better be free!

Again your totally missing the point... this game was published to run on Windows XP as well as Windows 7 & 8. Win XP did work with SWTOR just fine until today. They have not made any comments that I have seen thus far that they are removing Windows XP support as of yet. It worked fine 24 hours ago. The patch screwed things up today, not our OS. I think by the number of replys your getting on your "expert" recommendation , I hope you realize you totally do not understand the individual situation of each and every user of Windows XP. As a professional in the software industry, software upgrades do not always execute cleanly as a fresh OS install on a new system. Also, I have more important work information on this computer, not just an MMO video game, and I do not want to risk the availability of my work information / system in case of a mishap. So before assuming a software OS upgrade will be simple and fix everything, I think you need to really step back and ask about a users current situation before making recommendations. lol :rolleyes:

Again you don't understand that even though a game is supported through XP. As the years go on that support begins to diminish with new updates. Eventually most games like WoW stop any support for XP. Which they have.

Didn't I even state it was on Biowares fault? I did, didn't I. Please don't read between the lines. I agreed with you on that. My whole point is that a 10 year OS running games like this regardless of what it said on your box is asking a lot. AGAIN, stating for you that I do agree it sucks that it worked before and that Bioware should fix it. (Little tid bit for you the minimum requirements for this game should actually be bumped up substantially as they are wrong.)

For the ignorant wookie my pc has software and hardware from 10 years ago

I'm not being ignorant. I'm just stating that expecting support for a 10 year old OS is a bit ridiculous. Do you still see a lot of support for people on Windows 95 or 98? You should consider an upgrade as it isn't pricey. That's all.

I did not come here for a fight I just came with a suggestion on upgrading as it is not that pricey right now and would give you way better performance than what you currently have. :o

I'll leave you guys to it though. Good luck getting it fixed.

Edited by spectreclees

Well the damn dye lottery in the cartel is a turnoff, which only encourages me to go and boost my crafting...

I'll be happy with this once we get HOOD TOGGLE.

HOOD TOGGLE DANG NABBIT! Is that so much to ask?!

Well the damn dye lottery in the cartel is a turnoff, which only encourages me to go and boost my crafting...

I'll be happy with this once we get HOOD TOGGLE.

HOOD TOGGLE DANG NABBIT! Is that so much to ask?!

Hood Toggle will be a rare drop from a cartel pack.

Overall, this "update"is very lacking. Other than Cathar there is not a damn thing worth buying. The dye system was done completely the wrong way. Rather than allow crafters to make kits and then let players choose the color they want when they use it, for both primary and secondary, you have to hope you get lucky with the stupid cartel packs. A single slot to place the kit is such a poor idea. We can't even choose the color combinations WE want. Bioware decides what color combos the primary/secondary should be! Totally absurd!.

Then there is the kiosk. It is nothing more than the piss poor character creation system with a very few new options for SOME species. They just took Creation and made it available on the fleets and capital worlds. Same stupidly limited options. Bioware can do so much better. This update is a joke and should make the devs hang their heads in shame. They should all put paper bags over their heads. I don't know how they can sleep at night with updates like this.

Bad job, Bioware! You better seriously improve the kiosk and dye systems over the course of the year. Right now you won't make as much money as you had hoped you would.

Edited by Kilikaa

What character customization? I already bought the expansion, and i'm subbed, so i shouldn't have to buy anything new on the cartel market. just a rip off and i am very disappointed! No creator of this game truly cares about the players...or if their game is capturing enough for them to keep their players...they are too busy finding ways to suck more money through their little Cartel Market.

we don't care, because many of us can't even get into the game

Exactly as he wrote it. If you cant make a patch without denying us the service, make it optional. TEST it!!! I even run repair to see if anything happens. After about a year and a half you are blocking win xp users?!

Is there going to be some sort of reimbursement for lost payed game time? There should.

And by the way, if you dont want windows xp users, change product description and return the money.

Edited by DonLocutus

Still doesn't work!

You screwed totally this time! It's been more than 24 hours ffs, it'd be better if you'd just take back damn update and TEST it before giving us new crap!

And for those smart'***s who love to preach about XP - here's the test and guess what? My XP is BETTER than win7!

http://shrani.si/f/E/rM/3AeE2Am0/xp.png

What you have done to subscribers with this patch and info released reminds me of the old legend of pandoras box, and the last of the evils to be released from pandoras box was hope.

This patch like makeb was a pure money grab against subscribers and you leave is the hope that the sssp and 2.2 will give us hope for the future. well no more i say.

Edited by Shingara

I dont think i have ever said anything against you guys (Bioware/EA) I have talked about things i would like to see. Heck! I have said that i felt like Roleplayers were a little neglected. But i have never had a full on rant aginst you. I've never felt truly dissapointed. I love this game.

I am dissapointed now.

Faith is what i had. That faith is waning. You promised so much from this patch. But what do we get?

A scheme worthy of con-artists. I feel no entitlement. I know you are a company, and you need to earn revenue. But this latest patch stinks of nothing but money grabbing. I am happy to pay for the armour and other items i like on Cartel. But randomised Dye packs. Really? That is such a blatant attempt at earning more money. Yeah, sure they dont cost much. But what you get out of them rarely comes up with anything decent. I have compromised and used one of the dyes. Its not the sort of thing i was looking for. But i am willing to go along with my choice.

I'd ask why no ability to buy seperate dyes. But as i have stated, that is glaringly obvious.

Hair. Two new hair styles for humans... One that is a Qui-Gon rip off. and another that is ridiculous IMO. And to top it all off, I HAVE to spend CC's if i want to customise anything at all.

What is this guys? I'm not asking for free stuff. What i am asking for is choice. I'm asking for the ability to decide on what dye colour i want, not have it randomised. I'm asking for customisation options that are based on a choice to either spend CC's or Credits.

I came from Star Trek Online, a terribly run MMO in my opinion. It was JUST after your money. And subscribers, they got jack all, as far as i am concerned, for the money they contribute. Their customisation, granted, cost their version of CC's but at least you had choice of colours. Anyway my point was: dont go off in their direction. Dont spoil this MMO by making everything about RL Money.

Sure you might not read this. I suppose i kind of hope you do look through these posts. There is a lot of discontent. And sure you cant please everyone. But this isnt about that. Its about people, subs like me mostly, who feel pretty hurt by the way this was all implemented.

Please, consider what you are doing.

[EDIT] And i just remembered. Not only do we have to pay for customisation, but we also have to buy the new hairstyles and other options with CC's. Which adds to my point that there should be choice on what to spend.

Regards.

Edited by FreePrometheus

I agree with you there to a point. untill you realise you have paid for that unlock 3 times over by now from all the monthly subscriptions. so far the only really annoying thing I have found is the dye.

Fine yeah you buy dye, you roll the one you like. awesome. you put it in your armour.......but wait you just got a more awesome armour. now to put it in your colours! But wait. WTH? If i take the dye out...it destroys??? So you are saying after spending god knows how many coins to finally get the colour you like...if i want to take it out and pop it in some new armour i can't? How is that fair? I thought it might be something like Guild wars 2 where random drop it unlocks on your character colour pallet for that character permanently, and to get the good colours you buy of their version of the market.

But you are saying that I only get to use the dye it get once? That is beyond unfair!

I bought the CE i have subscribed since release date. yeah you give us free stuff etc. but seriously what we pay in subs out pays what F2P perks we auto get.

you really need to rethink this dye system!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is this accurate??? The dyes are usable once!?

I'm officially afraid to log in now lol. After reading all of these posts it seems like bioware just couldn't care less about us. What makes it worse is that if you read the developer update blogs....these guys actually talk as if they care! As if they're really listening to the players and have a heartfelt desire to continue to try and make this game better....then these god awful updates come out and I feel like they're just seeing how long they can play us for fools. I feel like they're literally laughing at us as they type "we've listened to the fans and we are excited to showcase our new changes" all the while pointing at us and LAUGHING at the gullible Star Wars faithful....we all waited for so many years for this game....and bioware YOU GUYS NEED TO WAKE THE F UP....because you're turning this game into a colossal failure and I for one want someone to man up and just tell us all you want is our money....at least ill respect you before you eat my knuckles.....

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I never thought I would actually consider deleting this game......but it might be better to do that, than to continue and watch it become the biggest laughingstock embarrassment in Star Wars gaming history. :eek: