Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

Have it been covered in this thread (I cba to go thru all the pages) - the thing about Hair styles/colors being available only for Humans? What the hell? Why can't I use the new hair styles on my Chiss/Mirialan/Cyborg/Sith/Miraluka - they use the same original ones in the game. Why the restriction? Do you expect me to unlock them in the future per EACH species that can use them? Way to go! Especially with the Cyborgs who ARE HUMANS.

No they expect you to change your race to a human and then unlock the style and then pay for all that which will cost you about lets see 1032CC if I remember the prices correctly. That's the idea! You see you make people want them so bad that they dish out $10 on cartel coins to do it. The whole thing is a joke for an update, I feel like this game is getting to almost one of those smartphone games that you have to pay money if you wanna do anything cool at all lol.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, can I report a bug with the customization change here? I changed my Smuggler's species from mirilian to human. All is well, until I enter a class cutscene and my Smuggler is referred to as an "alien". I'm guessing the species change is only cosmetic and doesn't actually change the character flags?

That's actually kinda of sad that it only changes your appearance and not the actual dialogue, just tells you how much "work" they put into this, as some forum posters will say, that they worked so hard and they have the right to charge this much CC for it. Wrong. Bugs like this tell you it wasn't hard work at all. How can you charge almost 8 bucks to change a species and just make it appearance and forget the story. When I read the FIRST ever interview about this game on PC Gamer magazine if I remember correctly, it said that this game was going to have another "leg", a story. And it DID, but later on they dropped the ball, focused on the F2P and CM and now look at the result. Hopefully this post is a serious thing, and not just blowing the hot boiling water to try to settle it from overflowing. Hopefully they actually fix something and change things up so that water doesn't overflow. Because boiling water might subside for a bit from blowing on it but eventually my friends, it will overflow.

With all due respect Cory, people are simply asking for the basics in the 2.1 "Customization" update to be available to subscribers. Not the Cathar, not species changes, but the little things like changing your hair style or getting a tan. People aren't clamoring for new things...they want what you just released without having to be charged RL $ for things like a virtual haircut.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm well aware that subscribers receive their monthly stipend/grant/subsidy/handout or whatever you want to call it of coins - This isn't what players should be asked or expected to spend it on.

i agree with this whole statement. However, they already know about the highlighted. Cory is playing with fire doing what he is doing with simple character changes and demanding real money from subscribers for it. I've noticed that there is no line he wont cross using greedy tactics. Sorry Cory but its a true observation, if you are the one in charge of implementing what subscribers should pay extra for with new additions to the game. With that in mind, I do not feel my support is worth giving if we still have to pay extra for stuff we shouldn't have to.

Edited by xorcist

How about instead of a 'stay tuned', you tell us some actual concrete information on what you are considering? I have two subscriptions that are set to renew in the next couple of days, the lack of any solid information from BioWare on what they plan to offer SUBSCRIBERS, and what they plan to do to rectify the nickel and diming of subscibers via the appearance kiosk, is making me seriously consider cancelling both subscriptions, for the first time ever since launch.

We need real information, not vague promises to tell us more later.

EDIT:

At this point, you guys should have 2.2's content fleshed out.. tell us what will be in 2.2 for Subscribers. Tell us why we should continue to give you $15.00 a month, when 2.1 makes it very apparent that your target audience is CM users, not subscribers?

I would like to ask the same thing. Because this seriously sours things for me...

When I first read about customisation I thought this update would add more faces to the character creation screen or kiosk, to all races. I thought we might get a darth maul tattoo and closest head shape, or at least some of those nice faces that are already present on some npcs that arent available for us. The Imperial corporal we deal with on Esseles, or the zabrak face from the 2 jedi in-love quest on thycoon, to mention but a few. They have a naive face style similar in some aspects to that of Alistair from Dragon Age, and it would please me to use it on some chars.

I like the new hairstyles and new eye color, but the price is too high for just one race. I dont see why its not possible to use the hairstyles on all the other humanoid races except tweelek, ratakka and zabrak for obvious reasons.

I previewed the new hair style on my human bounty hunter who currently has a trooper shaved head with only hair on top. Changing his chin only beard to have hair near the ears, changing his scar to a burn, changing the hair color and the eyes color would be nearly or more expensive then unlocking the cathar. And thats for just 1 character.

Also, how come we dont have more modern options like on Mass Effect character creator? I want a mouche little beard under my BH lip instead of the big drop shaped one. I want shallow beard around the mouth to match the mouche like my Sheppard used. Those Ming the merciless beards in my opinion dont even look well on the time set, but thats just me.

You already added the nice music from the "red light club" from Mass Effect to the new gizmo, it wouldnt shock me to see some of the armor, weapons or hair shapes/beards here, they are all futuristic sci-fi (and modern).

Im also happy with the adiction of the dyes, but I am disapointed you forgot to put the black/red combo, or the red secondary dye. Im not going to buy one of those packs with random dyes though, I never have enough cc coins to buy all the nice eradicators/valiant jedi and so on cool new armors that you launch exclusively to the store. And also dont have rich characters that could spend millions on one full set from the GTN.

Summing all, you are on the right track in my opinion, but you are charging too much. And i still dont agree (and dont think I ever will) that we have to pay ccs to change appearence options present since launch ala barber shop. I wouldnt mind if it was ccs for the new hair styles, specie and eyes/hair color though, that sounds more fair.

The only game that requires that is Aion, and its a bad example for it is pretty dead already.

boy, there are loads of complainers on here. Maybe they should "Go cry to their Momma!"

Anyway, I like many of the new additions that are purchase-able. However, i thought they were going to make it where you could use in-game credits to alter your toons appearance...? I was wrong apparently. But not dis-appointed. After all, i grow with my toons and wouldn't change their species anyways. Might for a hairstyle or tatoo, but nothing drastic...

I really like the Cathar. Seems to work really well with the Jedi Shadow and seems fitting.... I like the various appearances for them. Good job BW. I hope you make more species available in the future.

Next, the color dye things. I honestly think they did right by what and how they did it. To be honest, I wouldn't want my favorite colors to be worn by half the population. Black, white, and pink seem to be favored by the public (pink? Only God knows why I guess). Limiting those to the public keeps the public colorful instead of black and white (and pink). lol. Again, good job BW.

Next,

The story-lines are why i am here. I love story-lines. Isn't story-line's what made SWOTOR & KOTOR series popular in the first place? I personally think that having a closure to each class story would be good. This would add more flexibility and also make it more efficient to throw in more story-lines for later. For example: instead of making 8 different story-lines or trying to make one story-line for all the classes to participate in without it feeling awkward, have all the class story-lines come together for a finale. Then after that, you could simply add story-lines that can fit all the classes every month or two and have them purchase-able for non-subs and free for subs.... Idk. just an idea....

The only thing (for me) that BW is lacking is story-line for the long term players. After you get so far, there is really no more story-line. Just repetitive and grinding....which i always hated in games. Always grinding no matter what game you play...gets tiresome.... Just saying something could be done to drastically reduce that feeling....

Pvp is a nice alternative to the non-grinding feel. However, I would like to see this be more story driven to some degree. Do any of you remember the BattleFront games where you had to fight from planet to planet to advance or defend? I would like to think the same thing could be done here to some degree. The planets are already there...why not throw in a few various scenerio's for people to fight in? Will the imperial take this planet to move on to conquor the next? The Republic and Imperial sides are already there. Why not utilize and emphasis that a bit more? Some type of reward system could come into play for all Republic or Imperial (whoever has the most planets at week's end) player's that participated in pvp to influence the outcome?

You could also throw in spies for each side. Smuggler's, Operatives, and Jedi/Sith Shadows would fit well into spying out the enemies. Not sure how this could work and haven't put much thought into this, but sounds fruitful for an idea....lol

Anyway, quit your complaining guys n gals. There is a difference between being a Troll (or b****) and being a gamer......

With that in mind, I do not feel my support is worth giving if we still have to pay extra for stuff we shouldn't have to.

You know....If everyone did that what you mentioned above, there would be no such thing as f2p games....let alone any games at all for any real durational time periods. All the game production crews would make one hit wonders and drop out before they start taking a loss in income. Everyone has a different point of view as to what should be free and what shouldn't be free. If everybody followed suit in what you mentioned above, you wouldn't have the population that you have today for the SWOTOR community.

That (above) is a stupid comment. It is the same thing as saying that you won't support the oil companies because you don't think you should have to pay for the gas that your car consumes..... Or you won't support buying cd's because the disks are too shiny for you.... Give it a rest...

With all due respect Cory, people are simply asking for the basics in the 2.1 "Customization" update to be available to subscribers. Not the Cathar, not species changes, but the little things like changing your hair style or getting a tan. People aren't clamoring for new things...they want what you just released without having to be charged RL $ for things like a virtual haircut.

I agree to this and don't. As much as I would like to have it for free, why would BW do it if it didn't help the profits?

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm well aware that subscribers receive their monthly stipend/grant/subsidy/handout or whatever you want to call it of coins - This isn't what players should be asked or expected to spend it on.

Asked? Never been asked to spend any of my Cartel Coins. Expected...maybe. But I have control of how I wish to spend my Cartel Coins. I think the price is too high sure enough, but expecting it to be free is ludicrous....

I think the real lesson in 2.1 is that the system is just overpriced. For one you shouldn't be keeping our stipend in mind when implementing a system other than to keep the price within out spending limits, not pushing it out of our limits to make us buy coins. you got our 15, so let us keep it at a value we enjoy. If others don't believe thats what they are doing, they don't understand marketing. Sure you can save up, but thats the devils advocate method of sales. Its a very old marketing strategem.

BW probably would have had less complaints if such a long desired system was much cheaper in coin costs. never mind the cathar, people would have bought or not bought, its a one time purchase. but the desireables like changing looks could have gone for 10 or 20 coins and seen as a value (instead of 80 per change), paying dimes for the feature and seeing players both loving it, and going well over their budget regularly without complaints.

What this update has truly shown for me, Is that F2P'ers are really not making them much in the way of cash so much as Subs that pay extra above and beyond their credits for goodies they can't get. Some people pre patch claimed spending as much on cartel packs as some have spent in lifetime subs to other games. In all I think Subs still make more money, its just discussed differently in their reports. "500k players in sub revenue, while the market is making substantial profits" does not say if the subs are the majority of those market profits or F2P players. All it tells us is that the market makes them money. Most likely from Subs spending over and above their sub costs.

My Advice? Save the coins, unlock everything. store up some weekly passes and go preferred. Speak more with your wallet and we may get to sub once again. if you only bought passes monthly (at an average of 10 bucks a month) the playerbase would subtract 2.5 million dollars a month from their income. They would listen a little better at that point.

Edited by Paitryn
spelling

This is meant with no disrespect or anything, but I personally view the new colour system as a rip-off. I mean I would gladly pay 1000 Cartel Coins to actually get the colour I want, but I won't buy a lot of cartel coins for real life money and start gambling on packs. This is enhanced by the fact that the colour dyes are consumable and doesn't add to your collection like everything else. I mean if the colours was sold out as single items I could understand why Bioware would make them consumable but this just seems... well like a money grasp to me.

Furthermore, it seems like Bioware/EA are depending on those people with enough money to just keep buying their packs until they get the colour they want... Well I doubt they're even making more money by doing it this way, since this gambling system make me and a lot of other people reluctant to spend buy cartel coins.

It baffles me that people go and buy these packs.... seriously? random color dyes? C'mon people what are you NOT buying /facepalm.

oh wow, so this is basically going to be the Guild Wars 2 model for dye packs? Buy a dye pack and get random output?

Awesome. Won't be buying any of these, then,.

These dye pack colors leave everything to be desired.

Whomever designed these color combinations should gently and patiently be led out of the building and pushed into a ditch.

Tha's just a few to reinforce my point.

So the question remains, what would earn Bioware the most money? 30k people buying the colours they want for 1000 cc per. piece or 5k spam buying colour dye packs for 200 cc per. piece? - I will take a wild guess and say that the first module would bread more happy costumers.-

Aside from that I would like to point out that this IS a big deal. Being a roleplay myself and being a member of various role-playing sites, I know that most role-players, my guildies included, are very unsatisfied with this module. I myself have been fortunate though, since I know how to make a lot of credits on the GTN I've been able to buy the Black/Black colour dyes I've wanted, but none of my guildies have. Why? Because 4 million per. piece on the GTN is more than the average person can pay.

I would also like to point out that I am aware that Guild Wars 2 have a very similar system, yet I would like to point out two very important differences.

1) When you get a colour you have it and can reuse it.

2) Guild Wars 2 is a completely F2P.

Lastly, I would like to point out that the colour customization was advertised I got the impression that the colours would be relatively easy available, and we now could finally customize our appearance some more. Now was it mentioned that we would have gamble for it, or pay a very large amount of in game credits. - At least I didn't see it advertised anywhere. -

I hope you'll take this as the constructive feedback as it is supposed to be, and the words of a concerned costumer and let down consumer.

Edited by Inzuher

Can I just point out another part of the GW2 system that appears to be over looked?

You can get dyes through killing stuff and gathering stuff.

Dyes drop in the world.

They're exactly the same as the dyes you can get from their Cash Shop.

Which person at Bioware looked at that system, a system which allows a great array of choice not only of how to acquire your dyes but also how to use them and, most importantly, re-use them, and decided it was a bad idea?

You know....If everyone did that what you mentioned above, there would be no such thing as f2p games....let alone any games at all for any real durational time periods. All the game production crews would make one hit wonders and drop out before they start taking a loss in income. Everyone has a different point of view as to what should be free and what shouldn't be free. If everybody followed suit in what you mentioned above, you wouldn't have the population that you have today for the SWOTOR community.

That (above) is a stupid comment. It is the same thing as saying that you won't support the oil companies because you don't think you should have to pay for the gas that your car consumes..... Or you won't support buying cd's because the disks are too shiny for you.... Give it a rest...

Are you a complete idiot, or only on weekends? You can't be that dense... Get a clue, then come back with a REAL argument that is worthy of discussion. Your whole philosophy made me laugh out loud for a good thirty seconds. Thanks for that, and good luck with your life. Cause if this is the way you think, then you're going to need it.

Are you a complete idiot, or only on weekends? You can't be that dense... Get a clue, then come back with a REAL argument that is worthy of discussion. Your whole philosophy made me laugh out loud for a good thirty seconds. Thanks for that, and good luck with your life. Cause if this is the way you think, then you're going to need it.

lol. did I hurt your feelings? I must have because you propose no argument as to what I had to say....

Having to pay real money for name and color changes, feels really brutal for us subs...:(

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but I can say that paying for color changes and name changes is common-place for many other f2p games....

I think the real lesson in 2.1 is that the system is just overpriced. For one you shouldn't be keeping our stipend in mind when implementing a system other than to keep the price within out spending limits, not pushing it out of our limits to make us buy coins. you got our 15, so let us keep it at a value we enjoy. If others don't believe thats what they are doing, they don't understand marketing. Sure you can save up, but thats the devils advocate method of sales. Its a very old marketing strategem.

BW probably would have had less complaints if such a long desired system was much cheaper in coin costs. never mind the cathar, people would have bought or not bought, its a one time purchase. but the desireables like changing looks could have gone for 10 or 20 coins and seen as a value (instead of 80 per change), paying dimes for the feature and seeing players both loving it, and going well over their budget regularly without complaints.

What this update has truly shown for me, Is that F2P'ers are really not making them much in the way of cash so much as Subs that pay extra above and beyond their credits for goodies they can't get. Some people pre patch claimed spending as much on cartel packs as some have spent in lifetime subs to other games. In all I think Subs still make more money, its just discussed differently in their reports. "500k players in sub revenue, while the market is making substantial profits" does not say if the subs are the majority of those market profits or F2P players. All it tells us is that the market makes them money. Most likely from Subs spending over and above their sub costs.

Well ok.... You mentioned that stuff is overpriced.... I agree in regards to actually paying for some of the items that they put out.

However, I disagree due to the amount of items you find on the GTN. You can find pretty much anything on the GTN. The prices seems high for most of us, but for those willing to pay out the monies, they get benefited in a different way by selling their unwanted stuff back to the community.

here is what I think is the reason why those items are priced as such. you simply don't want the bulk of the community to have them. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, too many dulls the game. What if everyone were to have black and white colors? Might as well make a black and white game with a feeling of seeing the same thing over and over.... Might as well allow everyone to have a kolto tank then for 10 cartel coins and take away the unique feeling of actually owning one. If that were to happen, then the game would cascade due to lack of having unique items....

As far as customization goes, to simply put, you don't want it where people can change their toons around every hour either. Kind of ruins the unique quality that it is supposed to bring to the game. i personally don't like the ability to change your species or gender (I know you can't change gender yet, but I know it is being considered). The reason for why i feel that way is because we can't do it in real life and kind of takes away the "in a galaxy far far away" concept....

honestly i can understand the customizations all all the new appearance adds to compliment this recent expansion. But seriously alot more needs to be fixed before throwing cosmetics around such as credit limitations to pref player status 350k cap is B.S. and definitely paying CC to get credits(escrow crap) is beyond rediculous, it's as if you think your customers are mindless money splurging idiots. 350k cant even support buying gear for my toons, companions and its annoying trying to sell things from the bag and not being able to access credits which we spend lots of time to achieve. I know i may seem like im just complaining to benefit which is not the case. I subscribe every now then when i know i have time through out my schedule (we do have lives :D ) . I am a very patient player unlike most who have high expectations due to their "im entitled to the world style" (example: wow, rift, etc.). Also even as a sub CC prices just aren't where most us can agree should be. You guys seem to have alot of (vice comm packs, dark lord packs, etc.) which are like 300CC and the hyper versions are like 7K (***! :eek:) LIKE WHOA , we pay $15 a month and only get 500 CC just doesn't make sense or is even considered a reasonable amount by many players in this game. I love this game since im a huge star wars fan and the fact that this game actually has a large backstory than any game just brings joy as to what is next in the future but before thinking so , i hope the real issues that will soon arise at a faster rate now will be addressed in the next Official expansion. Overall good game but i do know their is more potential than your putting out. Thanks for reading if any you developers ever get a chance to see. P.S. MASTERKUNTAH SENDS HIS REGARDS =)

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but I can say that paying for color changes and name changes is common-place for many other f2p games....
True, with in-game currency.. But this is a first that I would have to use my wallet as a subscriber to perform such tasks. I'd rather pay real money on items such as gear, vehicles, weapons, species and MAYBE name changes. But just to change the color of my outfit...abit too much for a sub if you ask me but while on the subject DEV's or whomever, do you know what I would REALLY pay real money for...A way to unbound items soo I could trade to my other characters when I start over with a new one. Think about that will you? :sy_auction::mad:

True, with in-game currency.. But this is a first that I would have to use my wallet as a subscriber to perform such tasks. I'd rather pay real money on items such as gear, vehicles, weapons, species and MAYBE name changes. But just to change the color of my outfit...abit too much for a sub if you ask me but while on the subject DEV's or whomever, do you know what I would REALLY pay real money for...A way to unbound items soo I could trade to my other characters when I start over with a new one. Think about that will you? :sy_auction::mad:

1. not with in-game currency. I have played 3 f2p games and all three of them only sold color changes via real money. Well, World of Tanks doesn't, but then again...you don't get to keep them either for very long....

2. I do agree that it costs too much for the color changes. But, as far as initial sales upon release, I would have the prices on the higher side too to ensure that there isn't an over-abundance of those dyes on the market. Of which, there is already a 100 pgs in about a week's time of sales.... So it might no be priced high enough yet.....

3. I have to dis-agree with making items unbound... if this was done, then there would not be a need to go back to the market. Which should be considered every-time you make a toon. Unbinding items will literally kill the GTN as you won't have a need to go back to the GTN. When i refer to the holostatue's such as the hutt, Shan, or Malgus, those were not in overabundance already and I still don't see the need why those were changed to binding.... Those literally didn't have any effect on the game beside the fact of convenience for those who paid a good penny for those (hence the reason why I am upset at change). Things that were in overabundance should have a bind to them to simply get rid of them off the GTN in due time....

Lastly, I like changes, but not when a customer pays for something to later find out it got changed. To me, this is huge in keeping customers happy. One game (CrimeCraft), that is all they did was continuously changed things in the game. You can only imangine that naturally the population is/still is/was going down because people weren't getting what they paid for (unless they were looking to get screwed).

honestly i can understand the customizations all all the new appearance adds to compliment this recent expansion. But seriously alot more needs to be fixed before throwing cosmetics around such as credit limitations to pref player status 350k cap is B.S. and definitely paying CC to get credits(escrow crap) is beyond rediculous, it's as if you think your customers are mindless money splurging idiots. 350k cant even support buying gear for my toons, companions and its annoying trying to sell things from the bag and not being able to access credits which we spend lots of time to achieve. I know i may seem like im just complaining to benefit which is not the case. I subscribe every now then when i know i have time through out my schedule (we do have lives :D ) . I am a very patient player unlike most who have high expectations due to their "im entitled to the world style" (example: wow, rift, etc.). Also even as a sub CC prices just aren't where most us can agree should be. You guys seem to have alot of (vice comm packs, dark lord packs, etc.) which are like 300CC and the hyper versions are like 7K (***! :eek:) LIKE WHOA , we pay $15 a month and only get 500 CC just doesn't make sense or is even considered a reasonable amount by many players in this game. I love this game since im a huge star wars fan and the fact that this game actually has a large backstory than any game just brings joy as to what is next in the future but before thinking so , i hope the real issues that will soon arise at a faster rate now will be addressed in the next Official expansion. Overall good game but i do know their is more potential than your putting out. Thanks for reading if any you developers ever get a chance to see. P.S. MASTERKUNTAH SENDS HIS REGARDS =)

1. Credit limitation is there to encourage subscriptions. It is one of the biggest things about being a subscriber. In no way do they need to change this. Especially now with those escrow things being able to be bought of which I think is a mistake considering how cheap those are....

2. 350k is more than enough to equip your toons provided that you forget about equipping artifacts (which isn't needed). It is what you call buying before you reach you maximum credit limit.....

3. You get 500+ cc as a bonus to your subscription. Don't forget all the other things that are included into a subscription such as unlimited item loots from fp's, op's, space missions, etc....

4. There really isn't that many issues that need to be handled for the game unless you yourself thinks they know more than the actually employees of the game....

5. There is always more potential for a game. And that is what they are doing with the Makeb additions as well as other things.....and that is adding more material....

6. I personally do agree though that 15$ a month is pricey. At that price, it practically encourages people to just play the storylines or be short-term subscribers. After I complete my storylines for all 8 of my toons, I am not sure if I will continue unless more storyline is implemented a little more frequently. i won't complain though as I feel as though I am and have gotten my money's worth....

and btw, look at all the things on the GTN that came from the cartel market... Even though prices seem high, those that are paying for it are letting us in on buying the stuff from them with in-game credits. Whooh! Did I just tell people a way to get stuff for no real life money at all? I think I just did....! :eek:

1. not with in-game currency. I have played 3 f2p games and all three of them only sold color changes via real money. Well, World of Tanks doesn't, but then again...you don't get to keep them either for very long....

2. I do agree that it costs too much for the color changes. But, as far as initial sales upon release, I would have the prices on the higher side too to ensure that there isn't an over-abundance of those dyes on the market. Of which, there is already a 100 pgs in about a week's time of sales.... So it might no be priced high enough yet.....

3. I have to dis-agree with making items unbound... if this was done, then there would not be a need to go back to the market. Which should be considered every-time you make a toon. Unbinding items will literally kill the GTN as you won't have a need to go back to the GTN. When i refer to the holostatue's such as the hutt, Shan, or Malgus, those were not in overabundance already and I still don't see the need why those were changed to binding.... Those literally didn't have any effect on the game beside the fact of convenience for those who paid a good penny for those (hence the reason why I am upset at change). Things that were in overabundance should have a bind to them to simply get rid of them off the GTN in due time....

Lastly, I like changes, but not when a customer pays for something to later find out it got changed. To me, this is huge in keeping customers happy. One game (CrimeCraft), that is all they did was continuously changed things in the game. You can only imangine that naturally the population is/still is/was going down because people weren't getting what they paid for (unless they were looking to get screwed).

Well, I may not have played as many MMO's as you have, but the ones I have played and still am playing I've never needed my wallet for a costume change or a color change. And as for the rest, I'm just not changing my opinion but will respect yours...:ph_disagree:

Well, I may not have played as many MMO's as you have, but the ones I have played and still am playing I've never needed my wallet for a costume change or a color change. And as for the rest, I'm just not changing my opinion but will respect yours...:ph_disagree:

I honestly have no idea what MMO stands for. But the games I am referring to are CrimeCraft (fps), World of Tanks (fps?), and something else (can't remember the name and mmorpg I think?).

I also look at this game and see that it has a slew more of options for personalization than those other games I mentioned above. Seems to me that customization to personalize your toon is the main thing for this game..... That is where the money will be.... and it seems fitting.

All is cool. all of us have different opinions....

After a few days playing with the customization, I foresee a number of potential issues, and would like to suggest a consideration on how to fix it. I'm not saying I'm right, or my solution's the only solution, but just I'm looking ahead and have a concern.

I LIKE the dye options. It gives me the chance to change the (sometimes awful) colors of gear to something more pleasing. I like that dyes are created through Artifice, as it gives another dimension to an oft-maligned Crew skill.

That said, here's the issue: As it has been presented you get 3 options: change Primary, change Secondary, and change Primary and Secondary. The customization is only partial, since not all colors are available, and not all colors available are craftable (as yet) via Artifice. Again, I can conceive that is to encourage buying through the Cartel Market.

Several problems lie ahead if the dye system isn't thought out now.

1) all dye recipes are purple, which, if I understand the rules correctly, automatically exclude premium and F2P crafters from even using them.

2) Assuming dye recipes are added to Artifice every update or so, it could lead to potentially hundreds of schematics dealing with various combinations. Just assuming 12 primary (ROYGBIV, Blk, Brwn, Wth, Grey, Lt Grey) and 12 secondary schematics alone, there could be 144 potential schematics for primary and secondary pairings. That would make artifice overwhelmed.

3) There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what makes a dye set Premium, Prototype, or Artifact, which I find somewhat confusing.

I'm hoping that there's a plan to streamline that, and here's a thought on a solution:

1) Make dye colors Tiered. For Example:

Red, Green and Blue (and their shades) could be Premium.

Yellow, Orange, and Purple, Brown, and Grey could be Prototype

Black and White could be Artifact.

That way, you don't overwhelm Artifice with a gazillion schematics, and there's a rationale for what color is what.

2) Make the dye packs "Custom Crafted" So you would take, say, a black and red dye pack, put them in a "blank module" and apply, and it would make a Black/Red dye module. It's quality could be considered Artifact since the Black was Artifact level.

I'm not saying the idea is perfect, but I would like to see something come down the line more in keeping with "Customizatoin." As it is , it's a limited customizatoin.

I honestly have no idea what MMO stands for. But the games I am referring to are CrimeCraft (fps), World of Tanks (fps?), and something else (can't remember the name and mmorpg I think?).

I also look at this game and see that it has a slew more of options for personalization than those other games I mentioned above. Seems to me that customization to personalize your toon is the main thing for this game..... That is where the money will be.... and it seems fitting.

All is cool. all of us have different opinions....

You seem to be confusing F2P with Freemium - wich this game is. This game is not competing with mediocre titles like World of Tanks or whatever that Crimecraft is (titles that are class Z?). It is competing with Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest 2, Aion, Age of Conan, Vanguard, and soon Rift too, etc (wich are done by well known and talented companies), Freemium games (games with a subscription and a free to play option that has several limitations). Freemium is done aiming to get more subscriptions.

Guild Wars 2 is also competing with this game, and it has far less limitations on the F2P component.

I wouldnt play those F2P mediocre titles unless I got payed for that. I dont need to, I can still afford a subscription to get quality gameplay. I have tried some out of curiosity, Rune of Magic and other options of the same style (done by devs with good background). We even have to pay if we want a mount wich isnt F2P at all, unless you enjoy the boredom of running around all the time. I do however am willing to accept Freemium if I do enjoy a game, but only to a certain extend where it doesnt require subscribers the same has the F2P example I gave, like the mount requirement I mentioned.