The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

You can heal through the occasional mistake, yes, but I'm more than a bit sceptical on completely ignoring mechanics.

Looking at it in retrospect you’re right. It was an exaggeration on my part. Some of the fights in the classic HM FPs have those mechanics that cannot be healed through, ‘cause they lead to basically instant death. However these cases are still doable, if you have at least a dps who knows what needs to be done. So you can heal through much more then the occasional mistake ;)

For example you’ve mentioned the Sav-Rak fight. Indeed you cannot heal through falling from the platform, and you cannot heal through probably the bonus boss’ special attack neither. But last time I was there, my group didn’t have the faintest idea what to do with the droid boss, and on Lorrick there was zero positioning to avoid damage, no one dpsed the kolto tanks and the whole floor was literally in flames due to the countless burning rakghouls waltzing all over the place.

But yeah, maybe it’s just the two “new” HM Czerka FPs where Bioware couldn’t (didn’t want to) put in any mechanics that are so unforgivable as Ortol’s rockets. The only thing you cannot heal there is if someone decides to picknick in the Vigilant’s ion pulse.

Droid in the water? I even had the luxury of time to ask the rpds in the chat to stop running out of the water, so they can dps instead, and the grapple won’t interrupt their casts. Security Officer Zokar? There was a time when the two dps ate all of the red circles that spawned. One of them got three in a row. Blyss’ experiments? Release all of them at the same time, just like on SM. Vigilant’s spinning attack? Don’t bother running away, just dps. Enhanced Vrbolther, not even healing heavy, but it's true if you disregard the mechanic, then you can die of old age there :D

Or the Duneclaw boss with the sandstorm and rampages? I’m feeling warm and fuzzy inside, when I get an undergeared group, so I can see high green numbers like these flying around.

(Vaynesh and Zestia are my toons on the hps ranking :rak_03:)

I got kicked out of a group on that boss. Some three stooges from a guild decided they needed a tank and the GF teamed me with them. As soon as I loaded, they were like "guard jimmy". I look at "jimmy" and see he's a guardian dps in similar gear as my shadow tank. Needless to say, I do not guard anyone in order to keep things at least a bit interesting. We clear mobs and "jimmy" never manages to pull anything. Once we get to the sandstorm dude, they start demanding I guard "jimmy" because he'll pull. I just shrug it off and engage. Jimmy does his best, but the boss is firmly on my tank. Sandstorm activates, I pop a single taunt and start running towards the barrel. Once there, I turn around only to see Jimmy standing in the middle and beating on the boss. The idiot actually had the audacity to taunt boss in order to "steal" aggro from me. We wipe, I call him out on his douchebaggery, they vote kick me. :rolleyes:

I am on a kinda troll Jedi Knight that is a pureblood sith jedi Knight on a RP server. I don't every try to RP, I don't mess with peoples RP, but I still get angry whispers about a dude named ULTIMATEPOWER being a jedi sith.

If you think that's weird then you haven't seen my Miraluka Sith Marauder. :D

... Needless to say, I do not guard anyone in order to keep things at least a bit interesting. ...

You'd rather insist on Only Playing It Your Way, despite having queued up for the group finder which will put you with (wait for it) other players?

Honestly, what possible harm could have come from tossing the dps a guard? It wouldn't have changed anything either way.

If you want to fight other players, do it in PvP, not the group finder.

Edited by Khevar

I got kicked out of a group on that boss. Some three stooges from a guild decided they needed a tank and the GF teamed me with them. As soon as I loaded, they were like "guard jimmy". I look at "jimmy" and see he's a guardian dps in similar gear as my shadow tank. Needless to say, I do not guard anyone in order to keep things at least a bit interesting. We clear mobs and "jimmy" never manages to pull anything. Once we get to the sandstorm dude, they start demanding I guard "jimmy" because he'll pull. I just shrug it off and engage. Jimmy does his best, but the boss is firmly on my tank. Sandstorm activates, I pop a single taunt and start running towards the barrel. Once there, I turn around only to see Jimmy standing in the middle and beating on the boss. The idiot actually had the audacity to taunt boss in order to "steal" aggro from me. We wipe, I call him out on his douchebaggery, they vote kick me. :rolleyes:

No offense but your attitude stinks on this, bigtime

Another trick is to have a player with Force Speed, roll, etc run to the gen, then intercede to them =D

This is brilliant! Since then I have key bound my Intercede and am trying it out whenever I can. (I leap around the GTN at the Fleet a lot!). :D Next time at the Dessert Boss, I will psst an inquisitor with the idea. Thanks for the idea!

Had a very odd day on my Agent yesterday, on 2 back to back runs on "Red Reaper" flashpoint. Had tanks who refused to tank.

First run.

Had my agent, another dps agent and bounty hunters for tank and heal.

Went okay until the final boss. the healer said the tank should tank the boss near the ramp so wont get knocked off the stage by the bosses knock back.

tank said "don't tell me what to do" then sat down in protest and refused to tank. luckily the healer kept me alive as somehow I took the bulk of the aggro.

I said either play the game or log off.

tank responded "I wont log off just because I refuse to listen to your bad advice"

was a bit confused as technically it was the healers advice.

We took down the boss without the tank. though the tank decided to join in when boss was down to about a 3rd.

Put the tank on the ignore list then kicked him/her when boss went down.

Second run.

Had my Agent, Dps Juggernaught, Tank and Heal Inquisitors.

It went okay until we reached the part where force-field blocks the way unless someone unlocks it with archaeology.

Seen very few groups successfully cc the first group at that bit.

So went chucked grenade at them and killed the first group.

The assassin tank called dps an idiot.

Then as we went through the unlocked force-field. Chose to get their own back buy pulling the group, used combat stealth, then the fleet transport to leave the flashpoint,

Again I said "either play the game or log off"

before tank left the group they said I of always breaking cc, i always pull first and accused me of being free 2 play.

Found that odd because during the flashpoint I would mark the targets for cc. then say which one I will cc so someone will cc the other one.

It ended with the dps juggernaut tanking the rest of the fp and a marauder joining.

I don't understand why people will select a tanks role and refuse to tank or healers role and refuse to heal.

Besides trolling it don't make sense.

You'd rather insist on Only Playing It Your Way, despite having queued up for the group finder which will put you with (wait for it) other players?

Honestly, what possible harm could have come from tossing the dps a guard? It wouldn't have changed anything either way.

If you want to fight other players, do it in PvP, not the group finder.

When I am on my tank alts, I will do the same thing to "keep it interesting." Because at this point, even tanking raids (I've tanked my share of them) can be boring. God forbid the tank actually giving himself something to do.

Also, I have found that the majority (I get the good peeps once in a blue moon) of pugs I tend to group with do not know their rotations and/or are not min/maxed properly so there would be no need for a guard. And to quote you "what possible harm" would it have done to not have the guard on? I would also like to know your reasoning for defending their selfish actions, granted both sides were, but the taunt on the boss was intentional, you can't argue that.

As I see it, he is not in the wrong here, but let's get back to these interesting stories, I like them. :rak_04:

Edited by DisturbedMalak

... And to quote you "what possible harm" would it have done to not have the guard on? I would also like to know your reasoning for defending their selfish actions, granted both sides were, but the taunt on the boss was intentional, you can't argue that.

As I see it, he is not in the wrong here, but let's get back to these interesting stories, I like them. :rak_04:

If the dps used his taunt to wipe the group, there's no defense, that's a **** move.

As regards the Guard. If you're in a pug, and the others don't know you, don't know if you're a good tank, are worried about a wipe, and ask for a guard on the dps (which is perfectly reasonable) why not give it? It'll give the other people a piece of mind.

Or at least, how about being nice about it and say "I'm an experienced tank and in great gear. I like to run these without Guard for the challenge, but I promise to use it if anyone actually does manage pull off of me."

Instead he just ignored the request. That's not exactly going to bring the best out of anyone.

You should see me on my healer: ignoring people that stand in aoe and whatnot. :D

As for the not guarding policy - flashpoints are a bonfire of facerolls and I half-a55 them most of the time. Having to "worry" about dps pulling aggro is the only thing that keeps me somewhat concentrated on the fight.

Instead he just ignored the request. That's not exactly going to bring the best out of anyone.

Outright taunting a boss in order to "steal" aggro is a bit over the top, wouldn't you say? :o

Ignoring my request for guard when I'm on my sentinel will get me to do my best to pull off the tank. Repeatedly. Most tanks on TRE do not even require my full attention to dps in order to pull. Vast majority of them just guards the healer and almost none of them use single taunts in their rotations.

It's even worse when I go impside.

Edited by slafko

Planned to reply to this but got the notification on mobile and didn't have the time.

TBH I agree with him and would feel the same way.

PS: Except for the text you bolded. Yeah, that's pretty dumb. But a DPS who taunts to try and show that he pulls off of tanks? I'd kick 'em in less time than it'd take him to say 'scrubtacular'.

Edited by idnewton

Needless to say, I do not guard anyone in order to keep things at least a bit interesting.

Ignoring my request for guard when I'm on my sentinel will get me to do my best to pull off the tank. Repeatedly.

Are you serious? You refuse to guard someone outright on your tank for no other reason than your whim and then got sore when one of them taunted off you ... and then gladly admit that you, apparently routinely, demand guard yourself and happily act the 'bad' when you don't get your way. Amazing.

I'd say your bad run was more of karma's way of introducing herself to you.

Are you serious? You refuse to guard someone outright on your tank for no other reason than your whim and then got sore when one of them taunted off you ... and then gladly admit that you, apparently routinely, demand guard yourself and happily act the 'bad' when you don't get your way. Amazing.

I'd say your bad run was more of karma's way of introducing herself to you.

He never said he TAUNTED OFF THE TANK to pull agro. That's a douchebag move if there ever was one.

However, he could have communicated better, as has been said.

*cough* MORE STORIES, PLZ

He never said he TAUNTED OFF THE TANK to pull agro.

No, he instead does his best to pull aggro by other means. Which, as a DPS, is a sign of 'bad.' No difference, in my opinion, if he tries to be a 'bad' by pulling aggro or by taunting.

Either way, he has two skills not on his toolbar: guard and aggro dump.

No, he instead does his best to pull aggro by other means. Which, as a DPS, is a sign of 'bad.' No difference, in my opinion, if he tries to be a 'bad' by pulling aggro or by taunting.

Either way, he has two skills not on his toolbar: guard and aggro dump.

To you, there is no difference between a DPS trying to do as much dmg as possible and a DPS who presses the taunt key to steal agro just to be a jerk?

I just can't ...

WHERE ARE MOAR STORIES?

Hm. Decided to try the Czerka Flashpoints last weekend for the first time with my scoundrel healer. Selected story mode. They went well, except on one we had two people marked as tanks. Both shadows. Checked and one had the tanking ability active while the other had dps, so I focused on him. It went well, except for I think the 2nd boss. The security guy. The dps shadow(?) triggered the fight before I got in the room and the doors closed in front of me.

:mon_trap:

So the other three (shadow tank, shadow dps and another scoundrel as scrapper DPS, IIRC) tried to take him down while I tried to heal but kept getting "cannot see target" even though I could see through the door a bit. Both dps went down and I was trying to cast kolto cloud on myself in the hopes it would get through the door. I don't think it worked, but I did get some aoe attacks on me so I hope that meant I was drawing aggro with my heal attempts. The tank managed to kill the boss, but that was a bit frustrating.

:eek:

Hm. Decided to try the Czerka Flashpoints last weekend for the first time with my scoundrel healer. Selected story mode. They went well, except on one we had two people marked as tanks. Both shadows. Checked and one had the tanking ability active while the other had dps, so I focused on him. It went well, except for I think the 2nd boss. The security guy. The dps shadow(?) triggered the fight before I got in the room and the doors closed in front of me.

:mon_trap:

So the other three (shadow tank, shadow dps and another scoundrel as scrapper DPS, IIRC) tried to take him down while I tried to heal but kept getting "cannot see target" even though I could see through the door a bit. Both dps went down and I was trying to cast kolto cloud on myself in the hopes it would get through the door. I don't think it worked, but I did get some aoe attacks on me so I hope that meant I was drawing aggro with my heal attempts. The tank managed to kill the boss, but that was a bit frustrating.

:eek:

Story mode Czerka-flashpoints are role neutral, so even if all players were tanks, it would be a legitimate team. :p On boss fights you can find blue Kolto Stations scattered around, these will heal your party considerably, making it easy to run even without a healer.

(Not to mention people have soloed them since the day they were released. :p)

HM FE on my alt healer, tank leaves before we even zone in so we decide to use somebody's 72 geared Kaliyo. The other DPS is leader but does not requeue us. We keep going and it is fairly smooth and we get to Trando boss. I think and say in chat that NPC tanking this will be...interesting, due to his spinny attack that should be kited by the tank. We pull and Kaliyo survives all the spins, which is more that could be said for the other DPS. We keep going throughout the whole FP and by using the attack/passive commands, the NPC tank is able to keep Malgus on the stairs. Best NPC tanking I have seen yet and better than some player tanking.

HM FE on my alt healer, tank leaves before we even zone in so we decide to use somebody's 72 geared Kaliyo. The other DPS is leader but does not requeue us. We keep going and it is fairly smooth and we get to Trando boss. I think and say in chat that NPC tanking this will be...interesting, due to his spinny attack that should be kited by the tank. We pull and Kaliyo survives all the spins, which is more that could be said for the other DPS. We keep going throughout the whole FP and by using the attack/passive commands, the NPC tank is able to keep Malgus on the stairs. Best NPC tanking I have seen yet and better than some player tanking.

I tanked HM FE on my marauder. It can be 2 manned by lvl 55 dps and healer easy, and probably soloed by some specs in lvl 72 gear and above.

Story time!

I was tanking HM Maelstrom on my overgeared JG. Immediately upon entering, a DPS JG starts with the "fast run, fast run" and "spacebar, spacebar" spam. I figure it's going to be a piece of cake anyways, so why not push the pace and indulge him?

Then I look at his HP: 15K. Oh well, I figure, he's probably just gearing up and trying to quickly grind some better gear. We push through, and he occasionally aggros trash, etc but nothing too concerning. On Dash, we decide to obey the mechanics due to our healer also being undergeared, but he just keeps going after him. No worries, pop a taunt and keep aggro while hiding.

Later, on the sith with the spin attack, he stays in the spinning attack for the duration and dies. After the fight:

Me: "next time, you'll want to get out of that spin attack, it can be hard to heal through."

Healer: "yup, exactly"

DPS (at the same time): "healer, revive," "revive now," and "revive me! I'm F2P"

Healer: "I can tell..."

We continue through, with him periodically going AFK for 5 minutes at a time / pulling skippable trash. At this point I'm amused, though the 5-10 minute AFK prior to the last boss was a bit much. We down the final boss without incident. During the final cut scene:

DPS: "Spacebar, Spacebar, GO GO GO"

Edited by Rufussay

Had an intresting one, Bording Party SM on my then level 39/40 Sorc healer, PT tank, Mara and I can't remember the other Dps.

We zone in, the Mara sends a trade request, then closes the window when I accept, I'm thinking ohhhh she's checking for F2P, type that in to chat with my greetting. No response... from anyone...Ok, no big.

Tank start moving and off we go, 4-5 pulls in and I notice im not seeing the Mara jump in or use her throw, I keep watching the fights, and yep, no Mara in sight. We keep running and i'm seeing that the Mara is behind me and runs after me even if I run in circles, yeah she put me on follow.

I initiate a vote kick before the first boss, and the tank goes: "wha ???", I explain to the group that I'm not willing to carry her(the Mara) while she's AFK, someone seconded the vote. We reque and proceed to three man the FP without any problem, before we hit the last boss we get a Sniper and we finish the FP without any problems.

Really now, who does something like that? I mean if she said;" going AFK for # min". I would have been fine with it, but what she did was just rude IMO.

Edit:

*snip*

DPS: "Spacebar, Spacebar, GO GO GO"

I've been seeing this a lot lately, mostly from F2P players, I really don't get why would someone do this, especially when they are doing something for the first time...

Edited by toha
Adding

To you, there is no difference between a DPS trying to do as much dmg as possible and a DPS who presses the taunt key to steal agro just to be a jerk?

I just can't ...

Apparently it is my taking into account his stated intention to deliberately pull the aggro as being the point to which makes the two actions similar.

You believe differently and that is all well and fine.

WHERE ARE MOAR STORIES?

They continue apace.