The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Don't hate too much on marauders.... they do the second highest DPS of the eight ACs (Gunsnipe does more, I think)

You have lots of fail marauders, but when a truly good one shows up he/she is a force to be reckoned with.

I agree with the sentiment definitely. As to the previous post, I don't think they're especially simpler than other classes. They just attract more than their share of immature folk interested in the cool double sabers, so the percentage of those for the class is somewhat higher.

Just to correct the factual statement, for dummy dps, currently the leaderboards have (Eng Sniper) > Merc > Op > Mara > Jugg > Sniper > Sorc > PT > Assassin. This has been in flux, though, and will change again come 2.7 presumably.

Just attempted to run a HMFP to finish off my weekly, and got Athiss. Team composition - Me as DPS (72s with 2pc set bonus), healer (mix of 58s and 61s), an rDPS (mix of 66s and 69s)...and a PT Tank, who's gear...well....yeah....

Jump down the well, go to pick up the explosives. Tank jumps in, I jump in after him and immediately grab aggro. After we mop up and grab the explosives, we run to the door, get to the first lot of adds before door and this time - tank loses aggro to the other DPS. We clear and move to second mob and I take aggro off the tank. once the fight is over, tank initiates a vote kick to kick me out of group. Reason - taunting off Tank. vote failed, but I decide to leave anyway.

As I am getting ready to leave, I see this in group chat and stop -

Healer - "Dude You do realise maras dont get a taunt yes?".

Tank - "YOU MORON DISRUPTION IS A MARA TAUNT! HE'S EVEN IN FKING TANK STANCE!!!"

Healer - "Disruption is interrupt, not taunt and he's in juyo stance."

Tank - "I PLAY A MARA *******! I USE DISRUPTION TO TAUNT BOSS OFF TROUBLE TANK IN NIM DP farming"

If someone told me this story I'd laugh in their face and call BS, I seriously wish I took a screen grab to share with the good folks on this forum as we'd be in the presence of a tank who, on his dps alt, has already cleared NiM DP before it has been released.

Needless to say - we all ported out without another word.

Just attempted to run a HMFP to finish off my weekly, and got Athiss. Team composition - Me as DPS (72s with 2pc set bonus), healer (mix of 58s and 61s), an rDPS (mix of 66s and 69s)...and a PT Tank, who's gear...well....yeah....

Jump down the well, go to pick up the explosives. Tank jumps in, I jump in after him and immediately grab aggro. After we mop up and grab the explosives, we run to the door, get to the first lot of adds before door and this time - tank loses aggro to the other DPS. We clear and move to second mob and I take aggro off the tank. once the fight is over, tank initiates a vote kick to kick me out of group. Reason - taunting off Tank. vote failed, but I decide to leave anyway.

As I am getting ready to leave, I see this in group chat and stop -

Tank - "YOU MORON DISRUPTION IS A MARA TAUNT! HE'S EVEN IN FKING TANK STANCE!!!"

Tank - "I PLAY A MARA *******! I USE DISRUPTION TO TAUNT BOSS OFF TROUBLE TANK IN NIM DP farming"

If someone told me this story I'd laugh in their face and call BS, I seriously wish I took a screen grab to share with the good folks on this forum as we'd be in the presence of a tank who, on his dps alt, has already cleared NiM DP before it has been released.

Dude, how are you gonna argue with a guy from the future? Clearly he's already played 2.8, seen the new NiMs, and see the changes that let Maras taunt.

So the new tactical FP KDY is proving to bring out all the crazies, at least for me.

Decided to level my heals!Sorc and a guildy's tank!Powertech, and since they're at the Boarding Party and Foundry stages, we said 'errr no' and queued for KDY. Nice quick pop with with I believe a Merc and a Marauder.

Notice pretty quick the Marauder's health always seems low... and he has a nasty habit of breaking CCed targets *sigh*.

Takes me a while but then I notice he's not healing between fights. Not a single Hit Point. I asked him to heal up, and get "that's not my job, you're the healer".

Excuse me? Between fights, no it ain't, especially on a Sorc. Needless to say, he had no more heals for his short remaining time in the group.

So the new tactical FP KDY is proving to bring out all the crazies, at least for me.

Decided to level my heals!Sorc and a guildy's tank!Powertech, and since they're at the Boarding Party and Foundry stages, we said 'errr no' and queued for KDY. Nice quick pop with with I believe a Merc and a Marauder.

Notice pretty quick the Marauder's health always seems low... and he has a nasty habit of breaking CCed targets *sigh*.

Takes me a while but then I notice he's not healing between fights. Not a single Hit Point. I asked him to heal up, and get "that's not my job, you're the healer".

Excuse me? Between fights, no it ain't, especially on a Sorc. Needless to say, he had no more heals for his short remaining time in the group.

For some reason some people expect heals even from DPS Ops/Sorcs in KDY. It's a bit annoying to heal with non-Medicine spec'd Op when all you have is the first heal you get and can't proc Tactical Advantage with it (even when you proc it, it's better used for something else than HoT).

1. Using a taunt in your rotation makes you a good tank, it would be the same thing if a marksman sniper never used follow through. Sure you could do it, but you're ****.

2. DPS should always push out as much dps as they can. Tanks should push out as much threat as they can. DPS should agro drop, tanks should taunt. What's there not to understand here? Even with a difference in gear level, half of being a good player is being situationally aware.

I take it as a sign of accomplishment. I run my occasional DP/DF 16 SMs and Flashpoints for fun. I ignore dps and healers asking for guard and usually say nothing when I dps. It's up to the tanks to decide if they'll put a guard on someone, not some dps or healer.

Ouch you actually believe that?

After your big opener you will have hard time to take agro from me on similar gear without taunting (except some weird composition that go for crit/surge/alacrity/power setup and are mostly annoying under DPS but can make a spike that require another taunt) on cool down or big luck on default composition (my 72/78 Commando with power/surge/crit setup was able to hit almost 50K in single rotation - you know how short commando rotation is I suppose) - where it is supposed to be taunted, if tank was using taunt on CD and I was using drop on CD - boss would be mine for life.

Tried in some HMs (up to DF) too...

Well, let's say... if maras HAD a taunt and if it WERE past 2.8...

He would be dead just seconds after taunting boss :D:D

Edited by CheaterLL

A bit of a feel-good story this time...

I was on my Shadow yesterday, got a random 55 HM pop, ended up tanking as usual. We got Athiss Hammer Station, correction, and it was me (36k health), a Combat Sentinel (31k health), a Scrapper Scoundrel (33k health), and a Sage healer (23k health). We faceroll the first few groups and make it to the first boss.

I check that everyone knows the fights, drop my Phase Walk on the undergeared but enthusiastic healer, and head in. I eat the boss's first Mining Beam channel with Resilience, as always, but the second one gets up to a full 8 stacks on me, and I'm down to 2% when I pop Battle Readiness. I'm calling out for cleanses, the Scrapper is doing his best to help with that over the next few channels, and we down the boss without further trouble.

After the fight, I tell the healer that the debuff needs to be cleansed at 4 or 5 stacks. He says "yeah...I figured that out halfway through". He learned, though, so all's well that ends well. I was rather impressed, actually, that such an undergeared healer was able to keep everyone alive.

Edited by venomlash

how can getting comms on one toon help an alt? you can't send an alt comms, and the gear from comma is BoP

You can use those comms to buy mods, armor, and enhancements for your alt and send them to them via legacy gear. Gree gear , Original Legacy gear you get from capital worlds, and bounty hunter event gear are a few I can name off hand. I have geared many alts from from extra comms I have on my main. For end game gear you can do the same, simply rip mods from the gear you buy and put them in legacy gear and send them to an alt. If you do not like the look of the legacy gear just rip them out when the intended alt receives it and put in the preferred gear and equip it on said alt. Simple :D

Today I managed to be the "weird" one.

I was doing quests on Hoth and GF found a group for me for FP. Yay!

Colicoid War Game, without UI. I didn't know how to reload UI. They probably got really angry in chat (no way for me to know without UI) because I didn't do much after that turret part at the beginning. For everyone who thinks I should still be able to use my abilities, try it when your UI is bugged and tell us how it goes. Needless to say I got vote kicked fast. I only heard the sound of someone initializing kick before I logged out. Logged back in and I was on Hoth again.

Nothing to do with the group finder, here's a story of a 16 man df run though as a dps, for once ( i tend to heal a lot )

20 minutes to get formed/grouped inside the instance, alright I guess.

( First 2 ) Beetles before nefra: Tanks both get 1shotted ( thrown into the lava i guess ) other folks die also but eventually beetles go down.

Nefra itself : tanks get positioned for the cleave thingy, people start crying to the tanks to NOT stack together, dunno how the tanks did react but one of them shortly after died, combat rezzed, and shortly after died again. I attempted to go and take the cleave with the surviving tank, I died also :) Nefra still goes down though. Ofc loot while people were still dead and all that, but nvm.

The gate bit goes alright i guess.

Draxus 1: yay. as an mdps doing this for the 1st time, not sure if to stay in the middle of the subteroths, or to just " take it " and mos tlikely die. Decided to stand back, dropping dual saber throw and the odd force scream.

Mass affliction hits goes through, wipe. Couple of rage quits and a legit discon. Discon eventually came around again, after 10 mins of sitting down. Folk goes on fleet and gets replacements.

Draxus 2: everything goes alright, at wave 9, despite all the team disposing of the last group, I guess that a corruptor did get his mass affliction through, as we were facing that, draxus and his last 2 guardian adds. Team wiped out with me going semi-last with draxus at 60k HP, complete with draxus saying " the enemy has failed ".

My turn to rage quit, fleet pass. one of the folks started lfm on fleet, implying that I wasn't the only one to go. But saying " 3rd boss " implying draxus DID die. Preparing to look like a ******* I asked if draxus did count as dead after all, he replied yes, and asked to be let back in. Got told no, which is quite understandable after what I did, and left it to that. Funny thing was, that looking at my lockouts, Draxus was still alive. So yeah, weird ppl :)

Today I managed to be the "weird" one.

I was doing quests on Hoth and GF found a group for me for FP. Yay!

Colicoid War Game, without UI. I didn't know how to reload UI. They probably got really angry in chat (no way for me to know without UI) because I didn't do much after that turret part at the beginning. For everyone who thinks I should still be able to use my abilities, try it when your UI is bugged and tell us how it goes. Needless to say I got vote kicked fast. I only heard the sound of someone initializing kick before I logged out. Logged back in and I was on Hoth again.

I have a similiar story. I get a queue pop, go to Czerka Labs, no UI. I run along for a while, and eventually log out to see if that'll fix it. It does, but I'm back in Section X, and I've got a lockout (so I assume logging out quits your team for you and I wasn't votekicked).

I queue again once I'm able, and it pops again: Meltdown, and as it turns out, it's two of the people from the previous group, plus the person who replaced me after I quit. I apologized for the odd situation, everyone laughed, and we had a good run.

Got stuck with two different dps tanking assassins. One in Cademimu and one in Mando Raiders.

Cademimu: So I didn't notice that the tank was a baddie initially. I got stuck with a couple of marauders who wanted to tank but listened when I asked to let tank pull. After a while I did an inspect on the tank and sure enough, he had a focus on him, and was using dps attacks that a tank shouldn't have. I asked him why he didn't have a shield and he said, "I have a focus, that's fine." "Why aren't you in tank stance?" "What's tank stance?" Can you use mind control on the mobs? They're attacking the dps." "I never trained mind control, I didn't see a need for it." We kicked him like 10 seconds after he said he didn't have a taunt.

Mando Raiders: After getting a new tank and somehow clearing Cademimu, I moved on to Mando Raiders. Sure enough there's an assassin tank that's not in stance and didn't have a shield. After suffering through Cademimu I asked him why he didn't have a shield equipped and wasn't in tank stance. When he didn't answer we kicked him before we even reached the 3rd mob. Them I pulled out Khem Val and he showed us what a real tank looks like ;)

Also, alt+Z hides/unhides it

That's the same thing as Ctrl-U, they changed the default binding at some point. No idea why. If it bugs though, no amount of reloading will help.

Killing the process via task manager, and presumably closing the game with Alt-F4, will show up as a disconnect to the others and keep you in the group.

Just ran a Hammer Station on a lowbie heals Operative. Merc quit before even loading in (not sure why), got a dps jugger who insisted on being a tank and a sin tank who ragequit after breaking cc and wiping twice on the two gold droids just a bit into the flashpoint. No problem. I bring out droid to help with my quickly depleting energy on healing the jugger, who took tank spot when I requeued, and we made it through the first boss without any problems.

Picked up a sin and sorc for dpsers just after that, and the rest of the flashpoint was cake.

Still not sure what was going on in there, all in all.

:rak_02: