The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Kaon HM some time ago, we cleared the first boss without issue but then the marauder who was matched up in the GF pulls a large group on mobs and I simply reply, "you break it you tank it." I wait it until he dies and gather them all up and finish them off. Healer gets him back up and now he demands that I get myself killed to be fair. I tell him not a chance and he decides to not DPS at all anymore. I tell him whatever and we continue just to piss him off. We get to the berserk boss and seeing as the other DPS with me is a fresh level 50 or so, we end up hitting enrage. Well tough break marauder, I have stealth and so does the healer. We stealth out as the boss kills the two DPS and then resets. I taunt him again by saying,"Still not dead". He starts raging at this point before finally dropping group and being replaced. I had a good time in that FP making a mockery of that marauder.

Kaon HM some time ago, we cleared the first boss without issue but then the marauder who was matched up in the GF pulls a large group on mobs and I simply reply, "you break it you tank it." I wait it until he dies and gather them all up and finish them off. Healer gets him back up and now he demands that I get myself killed to be fair. I tell him not a chance and he decides to not DPS at all anymore. I tell him whatever and we continue just to piss him off. We get to the berserk boss and seeing as the other DPS with me is a fresh level 50 or so, we end up hitting enrage. Well tough break marauder, I have stealth and so does the healer. We stealth out as the boss kills the two DPS and then resets. I taunt him again by saying,"Still not dead". He starts raging at this point before finally dropping group and being replaced. I had a good time in that FP making a mockery of that marauder.

If he wan't DPSing, why did you not just kick him? And you intentionally got the other DPS killed just because the marauder was being annoying? If I was the other DPS, all three of you would be on my ignore list by now. The marauder for refusing to do his job, and you and the healer for abandoning me to die just because you are annoyed at the other guy.

Elitist? Wait... What?

Ability to READ doesn't make you "elitist", kid.

If you one of those who can't read what description says, well... Congratulations, kid. My post got you really bad.

Want me to give you a nice soft pillow, to cut that pain in your... neck?

Ah, the typical forum user who resorts to insults when proven wrong. I love how people nowadays think that they have 'got' to something when their post is shown to be false. On the contrary, that is the mark of a poor troll. But hey, if you want to think of yourself as a good troll instead, be my guest. Both are a violation of the Rules of Conduct. If you want to spend that much time worrying about what shows up on your e-tombstone, go for it. The mere fact that you can find nothing to comment on except the PS thoroughly validates my point. Good riddance.

Ah, the typical forum user who resorts to insults when proven wrong. I love how people nowadays think that they have 'got' to something when their post is shown to be false. On the contrary, that is the mark of a poor troll. But hey, if you want to think of yourself as a good troll instead, be my guest. Both are a violation of the Rules of Conduct. If you want to spend that much time worrying about what shows up on your e-tombstone, go for it. The mere fact that you can find nothing to comment on except the PS thoroughly validates my point. Good riddance.

Ah, typical 'white knight"...

Yeah, dude. I was SO rude, when call marauders that wants to tank, noobs...

Yep. Thats me. Elitist. Jerk. And simply gentelman.

Cheers.

Edited.

Almost forgot about purpose of this thread :D

Nothing special. Mando Raiders. Just a commando healer, that refuses to believe that shadow-tanks are actually tanks :cool:

Edited by Kingsbount
Yay! Almost forgot

Ah, typical 'white knight"...

Yeah, dude. I was SO rude, when call marauders that wants to tank, noobs...

Yep. Thats me. Elitist. Jerk. And simply gentelman.

Cheers.

You must be one of those people who doesn't understand the difference between a 'newb' and a 'noob'.

A newb is a newbie (new) player who does not understand how the game works, so me makes decisions that other players would consider to be stupid.

A noob is a player who generally knows how the game works, but thinks he is above the game's mechanics because of how 1337 he is. Also, generally not very good at the game.

I think we have a misunderstanding here. Which are you trying to say that he is?

A newb is a newbie (new) player who does not understand how the game works, so me makes decisions that other players would consider to be stupid.

A noob is a player who generally knows how the game works, but thinks he is above the game's mechanics because of how 1337 he is. Also, generally not very good at the game.

No, they both mean the same thing.

Noob = n00b (leetspeak version of newb)

No, they both mean the same thing.

Noob = n00b (leetspeak version of newb)

Actually newbie is not the same as noob

Yeah, it's not the same thing. At least, not anymore. I'm sure when the term 'newb' was first used, the two were interchangeable. As time has gone on, however, that has changed. And if you don't think that kind of thing has changed, then consider that at the time, leetspeak was considered 'cool'. A long time ago indeed, LOL.

If he wan't DPSing, why did you not just kick him? And you intentionally got the other DPS killed just because the marauder was being annoying? If I was the other DPS, all three of you would be on my ignore list by now. The marauder for refusing to do his job, and you and the healer for abandoning me to die just because you are annoyed at the other guy.

I'm an ******e, comes with the territory. Though the new fifty didn't seem to mind and thought it was funny, you're not him so I really can't tell why your opinion matters of what you "would of" done. I'd also like to point out the new fifty or the healer could've kicked him or myself if they didn't like it, so honestly, whatever.

Edited by mastirkal

Ladies and gentleman, as fun as it is to watch you take potshots at each other, can we please get back on topic?

This thread is for The weird people you meet in Group Finder. not call people names, and yes I remember that I helped start this whole mess.

And on this: can we drop this? or if not take it somewhere else? PMs maybe? different thread?

Edited by toha

Not a bad group finder story, just a funny one.

HM Directive 7 popped, and we were making it through. Little bit of trouble here and there but nothing too awkward.

In the middle of the Mentor fight, someone typed in group chat: "The clawwwwwww. The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay."

We all started laughing and wiped.

;)

Edited by Khevar

Not a bad group finder story, just a funny one.

HM Directive 7 popped, and we were making it through. Little bit of trouble here and there but nothing too awkward.

In the middle of the Mentor fight, someone typed in group chat: "The clawwwwwww. The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay."

We all started laughing and wiped.

;)

That is highly larious.

I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while now, but this is the first time I've posted here.

I was doing Hammer Station on my lvl 21 PT tank on the Progenitor server just now.

Group was me, lvl 21 Assassin dps, lvl 18 Mara and some random healer. The rest of the group zoned pretty quickly, but the healer for some reason didn't enter the flashpoint. We tried communicating, but didn't get any reply. Yeah whatever, I summoned Mako and we started clearing the trash.

My job was not made any easier by the mara who decided he should force leap everything in sight, leaving me trying to get aggro back once the fight had already started. Remember, no aoe taunt yet. :(

We finally get to the first boss and healer still haven't entered the fp. We vote-kick the healer and continue with Mako healing. Both me and the assassin are quite overlevelled so it's still easy. We queue up for a replacement healer, but didn't get any pops.

The mara continues to do everything he can to get killed. I manage to keep him alive, but at the same time I'm starting to get tired of his behavior. The assassin complains that the mara should stop needing on everything. I hadn't noticed since my gear was better than what dropped, so I selected greed on everything and didn't even look what the other were choosing. After a few more needs we get tired and tell the mara that he needs to stop needing and that he should let the tank draw aggro.

Needless to say, the mara runs ahead of the group and engages the enemy way ahead of the rest of us. We casually stay back and let him die. We then clear that group and what do you know, the mara selects need on the cunning gear that drops. I sigh and initiate a vote-kick, and the mara is gone as well.

Me and the assassin both wonder in group chat wth is wrong with some people. We then proceed to clear the whole fp efficiently with only 2 people and our companions. I don't think my health dropped below 85% a single time even during the boss fights. The healer I have no idea what happened to, but the mara ended up on two ignore lists.

Edited by wyrmer

snip

Easy mate. He didn't said all sents/mara's were bad. I have sentinel too and i'm not even remotely offended.

I however have to agree with the feeling that there are a lot of really bad (lowbe) sentinels. I'm leveling a few toons through fp only and I have seen a lot of CC'breaking and wannabee chainpulling sentinels. One was even that funny to type in chat that he would break CC on the 2nd elite and tank it.

I think I can partly explain the reason why the current negativity against sents is there.

Part 1 - the shiny, the strong and the shield

What do you pick as a 1st class to play? I choose to pick jedi knight just because of being a jedi knight. A lot of new players will react exactly the same. Allready in your 1st 10 levels on tython or koriban you gain some fantastic skills. Masterstrike/ravage destroys silver mobs and your first defensive cooldown is very strong. You feel like you can conquer to world. Awesome dps and awesome survivability.

Than you arrive at the fleet. What will you choose? I choose sentinel. Why? Because of the 2nd lightsaber.

As sentinel you still get many powerfull defensive cooldowns early in game. Hence creating the feeling you can easely tank stuff.

Part 2 - lots = lots of bads

Because many people choose to be sent/mara the likelyhood that you will find bad players is very high. During lowbe fp'ing I tend to quickly check achievements to see if I need to give tactical advice or not. About 80% of all people are on their 1st toon.

If you combine all this then its not strange to encounter many bad sents/mara's. Ofc I've also seen my share of strange shadows/sages/commando's/vanguards/guardians, sentinels are topping the charts.

Chain-pulling without so much as a word to the party beforehand is just freaking rude.

Yes, I know, we're all so absurdly over-geared nowadays that it matters less than it once did, but what happened to playing correctly and well --especially as DPS-- being a point of pride?

That's all I got to say about that!

Edited by midianlord

I just now remembered this thread, I'm not sure if it already got mentioned and it's not a GF story:

During the Rakghoul Event, Impside on Vanjervalis Chain there was actually an overpopulation of tanks looking to group for the H4 mission. Around three to four groupless tanks per instance at any time of the day...I'm still wondering if everyone decided to tank this event, or if the DPS were just busy poking repus with glowing sticks in the tunnels.

Chain-pulling without so much as a word to the party beforehand is just freaking rude.

Yes, I know, we're all so absurdly over-geared nowadays that it matters less than it once did, but what happened to playing correctly and well --especially as DPS-- being a point of pride?

That's all I got to say about that!

It is worse when you check gear at the start and see some guys who are a little under geared for it. The tank starts chain pulling and eventually he dies because the dps can't burn stuff off of him quick enough, or the poor healer just doesn't have the energy to keep healing him.

Had a Jug tank chain pulling on cademimu, but he never smashed after leaping in, nor did he use any taunts. Healer would get all untouched aggro with the first heal, and I would try to save the healer with aoes. He caused us all to wipe once, after that I was much more careful not to attack anything he hadn't tunnel visioned on yet unless it was eating the healer. Every spot with the mounted guns he wouldn't attack or taunt the second one, he just let it hit the healer the entire time. He died at least five times, every time he would say he is laggy or sleepy.

Final boss he died the first time the fire got to us, he wasn't shackled. He just stayed there. Lagg he called out in agony, as he laid on the ground and watched the entire fight. We lost the second dps to an unfortunate knockback at about 2/3 health left. Thank god for Hydraulic Override, we got double shackled a couple times but that saved us. Tank didn't say a word when we rezed him at the end, just left the area. Odd run.

I was doing Kuat Drive Yards with my Imperial Agent.

Because this new Flashpoint is gives a massive amount of Experience Points.

I can rapidly level my alts. and advise others that haven't done it that it is basically a fast forward to level 55.

So whenever I queue for Kuat Drive Yards I make sure to kill everything.

It was on the part when we have to destroy the weapons stocks that the Republic has.

So not to be used against the Empire.

the people in the group was my agent, 2 inquisitors and a marauder.

Anyway.

I was accused of trolling. and "pulling every mob in the galaxy"

I said I was hear for XP farming.

Then when the Inquisitors continued complaining saying "we would like to do this flashpoint some time today"

I said "It is your choice to bi tch. I am here to farm XP points"

One then said "it is our choice to kick you aswell"

I responded "go ahead, I am still going to get my XP points."

One of the inquisitors seconded the vote to kick.

And I was naturally annoyed because I got kicked for playing the game.

Kills+performing tasks = Higher levels.

So i just ignored them and logged off for the day.

I was doing Kuat Drive Yards with my Imperial Agent.

Because this new Flashpoint is gives a massive amount of Experience Points.

I can rapidly level my alts. and advise others that haven't done it that it is basically a fast forward to level 55.

So whenever I queue for Kuat Drive Yards I make sure to kill everything.

It was on the part when we have to destroy the weapons stocks that the Republic has.

So not to be used against the Empire.

the people in the group was my agent, 2 inquisitors and a marauder.

Anyway.

I was accused of trolling. and "pulling every mob in the galaxy"

I said I was hear for XP farming.

Then when the Inquisitors continued complaining saying "we would like to do this flashpoint some time today"

I said "It is your choice to bi tch. I am here to farm XP points"

One then said "it is our choice to kick you aswell"

I responded "go ahead, I am still going to get my XP points."

One of the inquisitors seconded the vote to kick.

And I was naturally annoyed because I got kicked for playing the game.

Kills+performing tasks = Higher levels.

So i just ignored them and logged off for the day.

Finishing the FP faster and getting into another one is faster xp that killing thrash.

This was an instance I was the weird guy (or in my case gal).

I'm a very experienced fp tank (2 lvl 55 tanks) and I got athis as rdm fp with my vanguard tank. I checked the gear of the others and everybody was over 30k, the sentinel with 36k. I thought "nice, this will be a breeze".

It was not. I died a lot on the trashmobs even before the first boss (and the robots in front of her). I thought very ugly things about the healer. I lost aggro a lot too (which is unusual), but I thought, the sentinel was just that good ...

But we continued to the second boss. After another death I finally said something uncharming about the healers skills.

The sentinel answered something like "Hey healing is difficult with a tank with 25k life". I checked my life and he was RIGHT! It was patching day and I wore 4 pieces Gree-Event Armor and the patch introduced a bug, that you need to have dark alliance for it. So all my mods on it didn't count. I have been tanking half naked :D

I ported to the fleet, slapped the mods in spare armor and went back (that fun costed 300k credits, thx swtor-patch).

Now I thought the healer was a saint and ultimate Pro for holding me alive this often. She even commented, that it was now "too easy" after we finished the fp without a hitch ;)

Lesson learned on my part ... not only check the equipment of your group .. check your own equipment aswell :D