The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Also, alt+Z hides/unhides it

Yes, but that just hides and unhides it, it (usually) will remain bugged when it comes back. CTRL-U twice was actually added in beta to completely shut down the UI and restart it without having to leave the game completely. The problem was a lot worse in beta, and so the command was a "quick fix" until they could fix it further, which they have managed to improve it, so it doesn't happen as often, but it's not fully fixed.

And no ALT-Z and ALT-U are VERY different... next time you are in game, try them both. ALT-Z the UI disappears, ALT-Z the UI reappears immediately because it was merely hidden. ALT-U the UI disappears... ALT-U the UI... takes about 5-10 seconds to reappear because it's completely reloading.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

You can use those comms to buy mods, armor, and enhancements for your alt and send them to them via legacy gear. Gree gear , Original Legacy gear you get from capital worlds, and bounty hunter event gear are a few I can name off hand. I have geared many alts from from extra comms I have on my main. For end game gear you can do the same, simply rip mods from the gear you buy and put them in legacy gear and send them to an alt. If you do not like the look of the legacy gear just rip them out when the intended alt receives it and put in the preferred gear and equip it on said alt. Simple :D

Today I managed to be the "weird" one.

I was not so much the weird one as the crazy one yesterday. Joined a PUG for 16M S&V weekly on my Sorc healer - I need the ultimate comms to get the offhand. As the group was slow to fill up and even people were even slower to get to the op, I had joined my guild's Mumble to chat a bit. First boss, Imps be tankin' at the pillar thingy as usual = peeps flying around from knockback. Okay, I've gotten used to this fail tactic, shrug it off and keep chatting while throwing heals. We take the shield to the second location, rinse and repeat. Shield shuts off, I see no one's picking it up so I click it. We get to the third location and... I don't drop the shield.

Why? Because, as it turns out, one of the guildies is in his mid forties and has a 17-y.o. daughter whose birthday was the day before. She joins in on Mumble to say hi and, ofcourse, my concentration goes thru the window. Underaged daughters ftw. XD

Athiss 55HM

This particular Sentinel comes from an awesome guild I know. But my, what a surprise. She(?) sometimes just stands there like she's lagging, then at the big doggie fight she NEVER gets the adds. So at first, TWO SETS of adds mauls me to death, second time TWO SETS of adds kept on mauling the tank. I said "adds plz" and none of the DPS did nothing to the adds. Amazing.

/exitarea /leave

Got stuck with two different dps tanking assassins. One in Cademimu and one in Mando Raiders.

Cademimu: So I didn't notice that the tank was a baddie initially. I got stuck with a couple of marauders who wanted to tank but listened when I asked to let tank pull. After a while I did an inspect on the tank and sure enough, he had a focus on him, and was using dps attacks that a tank shouldn't have. I asked him why he didn't have a shield and he said, "I have a focus, that's fine." "Why aren't you in tank stance?" "What's tank stance?" Can you use mind control on the mobs? They're attacking the dps." "I never trained mind control, I didn't see a need for it." We kicked him like 10 seconds after he said he didn't have a taunt.

Mando Raiders: After getting a new tank and somehow clearing Cademimu, I moved on to Mando Raiders. Sure enough there's an assassin tank that's not in stance and didn't have a shield. After suffering through Cademimu I asked him why he didn't have a shield equipped and wasn't in tank stance. When he didn't answer we kicked him before we even reached the 3rd mob. Them I pulled out Khem Val and he showed us what a real tank looks like ;)

This seems to be lowbies. Gear does not have defense/absorb/shielding until early lvl 30s. And TBH, I tanked these on my marauder before, so I can assure you that you don't need a shield, tank gear or be in the tank tree. It is recommended though you have your tank stance on to maintain agro. AOE taunt is level 30 skill. HM (lvl 55) is a different story.

Not GF, but was trying to run some heroics on Voss the other day. Someone was advertising LF2M and I whispered and told them I could tank or dps, since I was suffering through getting the 1000 kills achievement on Skadge, so had him geared and my PT in dps stuff and in the pyro tree, but with field respec. But the level 49 who invited me said all he did was tank. The other dps was a level 45 assassin. We weren't able to find a fourth, so we got the 49 to use his healing companion. I haven't done the Voss heroics on a not-55 in such a long time, but I was willing to try.

The first thing I noticed was that I had the same amount of health as the 49 tank (~12k), but he did have some tank gear. Then when we hit the first group of mobs, the tank starts marking them all. Flame, saber, gun, shield. I'm confused, especially since usually people use target or flame for the 1st mob to attack and he'd put flame on the champion and I think gun and saber on the silvers. Most importantly, he doesn't type anything in chat about it. So I ask - are you marking for CC? hoping he'd clarify or maybe the assassin, who had the only CC, knew which one to stealth stun. No, he replied it was for kill order, without saying what that order was. I reply that I'm going to kill weakest to strongest, and he pulls. We barely make it through alive, but the assassin dies to a the mob he went after all by himself. I pulled off the tank constantly, but that was probably because he taunted first then never again.

The assassin never goes into stealth. Never. I specifically ask him to stealth CC the strongest mob, which is now marked differently on the next group. No response. We mow through a couple more groups with at least one of us alive at the end. Then I see the assassin throw up Dark ward. I check and he's not using a stance. At all. And is obviously specc'd into the tank tree.

And the markings. It's just bizarre. He stops to mark every group and I'm on my end just laughing and trying to puzzle out if there is any rhyme to his reason. Stars and sabers and flames and horseshoes and four leafed clovers, it's magically Vosslicious.

We get to the last area, where you summon increasingly difficult mobs by torch and we die horribly on the ultimate boss without making much of dent on his health. When we get back in, I ask if I can use my healer companion and heroic moment and see if that will help. I have a stupid amount of presence and all 8 abilities and we get him down to 16% and still all die horribly. The tank starts looking in general again, while I'm whispering the assassin to get him to find the damage stance in his abilities. I think he just had no clue, but while I have an asstank, I don't play it enough or know the ability names well and he was just one of those people it's hard to communicate with until you figure out their base of knowledge.

But we got a 55 tank in who could have solo'd it and it was a magical time with all these tanks and half-tanks and my sometimes tank.

wierd tank to actually thank a dps. As a guy who plays dps almost exclusivly thats really rare

I dunno why he did it but I felt great afterwards :D

I did manage to pull aggro off of him once (he had me guarded from the start) so I dunno if I got a lucky string of crits for massive spike damage or if he just derped and did bad threat generation, but either way it was fun.

Just ran lowie Hammer Station on my Jugg tank and got a Jugg DPS. He breaks CC on the pull with the two elite droids, but not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. We ignore it and continue. I slice the elevator and three of us go up, and the Jugg says "wait for it" and runs around the room before getting on the elevator a good 30 seconds after the rest of us. Luckily he didn't pull everything like we thought he would.

On the second boss, we down the two elites and as I'm whacking away at the champion the Jugg (who joined the fight after several seconds of staring and doing nothing) throws guard on me. That's a first. I click it off and tell him to get out of soresu but he pulls the next group before I can finish. I stop in front of the next group and tell him to switch to shii-cho again, and to not guard a tank. Meanwhile he says something along the lines of let's go, but finally says okay and switches. We get to the last boss and he ignores the adds despite being told before and during combat to kill them. Healer lets him die, and he pulls more and dies again on the way back to us.

Guarding a tank. That's definitely a new one.

Not really. Was not so long time ago, when i was on my shadow tank, guardian pug (dps with tank stance) slap a guard on me becouse: "You wearing light armor. You cannot be tank" :rolleyes:

That's the only way Guardian can get to same level of threat management of Shadows.

I am definitely not a veteran, have been playing for 6 months now. Have been playing on my sorcerer healer 55 with all 66 one 72. I can say that rarely I get a weird group.

BUT

all the 3-4 runs that I had that were weird or plain awful were when I was put with guild members on them of a random guild

Is this normal or is it just me?

Last night I had to leave ( I normally do bite the bullet but yesterday just couldn't do it) literally after 5-6m of gameplay. Not reached the first boss even...

The other 3 players all from same guild... It was just a complete mess... They clearly had never done that before but obviously when they start dying on Mobs they have to blame who? The HEALER...

Tanks- if a group wipes on a mob and first to go down is the healer... Try and use ur brain and think why that is...

Every single pull all attack me. I use my thread dump I don't attack just concentrate on healing, it was that bad that I had to use my force barrier and even then I die.

It was just too bad to be true.... I won't even go on to the dps because..

Maybe they were just trolling me and like big repair bills... I can't believe that 3 guild members decently geared could be that bad....

I have gotten so many great groups doing HM flash points that I have the freedom to dps even...but everytime I get players from same guild in group finder... It's just caos.

Is it just my bad luck or is it something that u have found also? I play in tomb freedom nadd

Every single pull all attack me. I use my threat dump I don't attack just concentrate on healing, it was that bad that I had to use my force barrier and even then I die.

I have gotten so many great groups doing HM flash points that I have the freedom to dps even...but everytime I get players from same guild in group finder... It's just chaos.

FTFY ;)

Is it just my bad luck or is it something that u have found also? I play in tomb freedom nadd

Nothing new for TOFN, I play there myself and there are 3 guild (that I can remember now :) ) that I absolutely dread about meeting in PVE, PVP is a different story.

Also where there any Balalaykas, Wookies or recent James Bond film references involved in said guild names?:D

Edited by toha

Tanks- if a group wipes on a mob and first to go down is the healer... Try and use ur brain and think why that is...

Actually you should blame dps for not hitting mobs that were attacking you.

Of course if they were strongs or tougher and dps was still killing trash then I understand. In that situation tank should step up and start hitting those mobs like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by Halinalle

Did Mando Raiders HM today on my merc healer. Had a jugg tank in full 66 blue's. He would force charge and then spam assault and sweeping slash. Thats all he would do. Even when there was just one mob left he'd assault until he had enough rage to sweeping slash. Very very interesting.

This story is from KDY on my female Cathar character whom I made the shortest and thinnest body size available.

Random Pug: OMG YOUR KITTY IS SOOO CUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!!!

Random Pug: You cute kitty kitty kitty

Random Pug: Come here, kitty kitty

Random Pug: Kweety kweety kweety

Random Pug:Wooshuu nuu nuu! Wooshuu nuu nuu!

Me: *Uses the Carthar racial ability*

Random Pug: D=

-----

This was all because the first conversation after loading in....

This story is from KDY on my female Cathar character whom I made the shortest and thinnest body size available.

Random Pug: OMG YOUR KITTY IS SOOO CUUUUTTTTEEEE!!!!!

Random Pug: You cute kitty kitty kitty

Random Pug: Come here, kitty kitty

Random Pug: Kweety kweety kweety

Random Pug:Wooshuu nuu nuu! Wooshuu nuu nuu!

Me: *Uses the Carthar racial ability*

Random Pug: D=

-----

This was all because the first conversation after loading in....

lmfao i love it...absolutely love it

Okay, after today, I really needed to contribute here.

I queued for HM FPs on my Madness Sorceror, got a pop fairly quickly much to my surprise and it was the Czerka Core Meltdown. Got in with a well-geared Tank, decently geared PT DPS, and an undergeared Sorc healer. Well, the undergear on the healer isn't a huge issue because I've seen those with little gear still manage to kick some serious butt. So, we get started.

Right off the bat we notice that the healer is just using Dark Infusion, and absolutely nothing else. No Resurgence to lower force cost, no Innervate, nothing. Not a single heal ability from the healer tree. Hmm, DPS posing as a healer? Evidently they really were a healer, but were adamant that they knew what they were doing and firmly believed that they needed to spam Dark Infusion only as it was the lowest cost (lulz!).

We get to the Sandstorm Dune boss and we don't last through one generator. The tank had a bit of difficulty getting to the generators, but hey, that's the fun of a Juggernaut there so no worries. I tried to run ahead when possible for him to intercede. Still, healer does nothing but Dark Infusion. Over and over and over. So, we wipe immediately and I mention that he may want to use some of the combos with the bonuses from Resurgence, using Innervate, and the area heal. Enter smart***** mode for this little guy. He insists I switch to be a healer if I think I can do better. So, I do - not out of spite, but just to show him the abilities in use if he really doesn't believe they are useful.

We try it again, and the tank wasn't able to get to the generator fast enough and the other DPS and the dip***** healer decided to stand on top of my and we all take insane damage from rampage. Back in again we go, and the healer comments "so now you know and herd what i herd". First, my brain tried to process what he said...took a bit. So, we try it again, me being more than a little ticked at this guy. Now, spite time. :rak_04: We go again for a third round, and the healer dies instantly because he's too busy typing and not DPSing (note, he didn't switch trees to DPS like he said!) and is about 75m away and yells at me for not healing him as we run to the generator. Another lulz moment. His response "your a really crappy healer".

The tank, PT DPS, and I manage to continually bring this guy down very, very slowly and when I had a chance to revive numbnuts he proceeded to use, again, DARK INFUSION. Over and over and over. When he was supposed to be DPSing. We got to a point where there were no more generators, so I healed through another minute of the sandstorm and rampages. We down the boss. Vote kick goes through instantly.

It'd have been better for the guy to have been a DPS trying to masquerade as a healer. But, no, he refused to listen to anything but his constant rotation of Dark Infusion and the occasional Static Barrier. Derp derp derp. :confused:

Edited by ZeridanShear

55HM Hammer Station with a Guardian tank. I'm healing with a freshly geared commando and struggling - tank is taking a ton of damage and I can't work out why. I start paying attention to his procs and see zen strike stacking. Call him out on it and check the gear, guy just laughs. The DPS are a sent and a slinger, so there's no way for them to switch. On the plus side at least he was in the right form.....

Just attempted to run a HMFP to finish off my weekly, and got Athiss. Team composition - Me as DPS (72s with 2pc set bonus), healer (mix of 58s and 61s), an rDPS (mix of 66s and 69s)...and a PT Tank, who's gear...well....yeah....

Jump down the well, go to pick up the explosives. Tank jumps in, I jump in after him and immediately grab aggro. After we mop up and grab the explosives, we run to the door, get to the first lot of adds before door and this time - tank loses aggro to the other DPS. We clear and move to second mob and I take aggro off the tank. once the fight is over, tank initiates a vote kick to kick me out of group. Reason - taunting off Tank. vote failed, but I decide to leave anyway.

As I am getting ready to leave, I see this in group chat and stop -

Healer - "Dude You do realise maras dont get a taunt yes?".

Tank - "YOU MORON DISRUPTION IS A MARA TAUNT! HE'S EVEN IN FKING TANK STANCE!!!"

Healer - "Disruption is interrupt, not taunt and he's in juyo stance."

Tank - "I PLAY A MARA *******! I USE DISRUPTION TO TAUNT BOSS OFF TROUBLE TANK IN NIM DP farming"

If someone told me this story I'd laugh in their face and call BS, I seriously wish I took a screen grab to share with the good folks on this forum as we'd be in the presence of a tank who, on his dps alt, has already cleared NiM DP before it has been released.

Needless to say - we all ported out without another word.

Not that I doubt it happened but that PT had to be troll right? Right!?

I love that BW put in Achievements: "I FARM DF/DP HM EVERY WEEK AND CANNOT BE WRONG" uhh I'm looking at your Achievements now and you haven't even completed SM "NOT ON THIS CHAR ON MY MAIN! DUH YOU TARD" uhh Achievements are legacy wide...

Also as a Tank I'm getting tired of Sawbones who don't keep Slow-Release on me. You used Cloud so I know you're specced healing. It doesn't cost energy and doesn't interfere with your off-dps so maybe you just can't be bothered to refresh it every 18 seconds? I'm full DG minus 1 piece so I need a minimum of healing in FP's but I still don't understand.

Not that I doubt it happened but that PT had to be troll right? Right!?

I love that BW put in Achievements: "I FARM DF/DP HM EVERY WEEK AND CANNOT BE WRONG" uhh I'm looking at your Achievements now and you haven't even completed SM "NOT ON THIS CHAR ON MY MAIN! DUH YOU TARD" uhh Achievements are legacy wide...

Also as a Tank I'm getting tired of Sawbones who don't keep Slow-Release on me. You used Cloud so I know you're specced healing. It doesn't cost energy and doesn't interfere with your off-dps so maybe you just can't be bothered to refresh it every 18 seconds? I'm full DG minus 1 piece so I need a minimum of healing in FP's but I still don't understand.

On the Shadowlands myself, and I couldn't agree more on the not understanding part. It just suprises me the level of intellegence of some people. I understand not knowing the basics, but like many others before me have probably pointed out....how does one get to 55 in such a state? But hey, if you're still up when the mob goes down, they had to have been doing something right :rak_04:

Granted this post also adresses the others before you, but you're the lucky one that made me speak.

On the Shadowlands myself, and I couldn't agree more on the not understanding part. It just suprises me the level of intellegence of some people. I understand not knowing the basics, but like many others before me have probably pointed out....how does one get to 55 in such a state? But hey, if you're still up when the mob goes down, they had to have been doing something right :rak_04:

Granted this post also adresses the others before you, but you're the lucky one that made me speak.

Speaking of, saw a Juggernaut on Belsavis a while back with no Lightsaber form. Didn't even know what it was.

Well to be honest I was like that on my first toon, a sentinel. I knew I had stances but used them on the fly. Am on the road atm and forgot how to spell it correctly but I used the focusstance when I would get raped by many mobs do I got some extra defense. When I was getting less incoming damage I would use juyo stance :-)

Anyway another story, not some much about weird people but more strange ish.

A guildie just turned 55 and wanted to gear mainly through flashpoints since he has limited time and most often can't pug opses nor attend guildruns.

To force as much troopergear another guildie and I logged our troopers to. In my case a vanguard tank. To bad that the fresh level 55 was a track himself so I respecced to dps. The problem was that I was in full 72/78 tankgear with no dpspieces at all. I expected to run into enrages at bosses because the other guildie his gear was about as good as mine.

It all went well surprisingly. Apparently the dps check on all 55 flashpoint bosses is fairly low.

Speaking of, saw a Juggernaut on Belsavis a while back with no Lightsaber form. Didn't even know what it was.

Heh, I've seen that type of thing all too often and have done it myself because i do spec-switching on a lot of my chars. To give one example, I was doing some dailies and got bored so I decided to tank something on my jugg. Needless to say i switch specs and queue up after putting on my tank set that I carry with me.

It pops, and iirc it was HM HS (it's been so long I don't even know if I chose the right flashpoint correctly, hehe). We get through the first sets of trash with some difficulty, but then we get to the 6 dog pack and wipe miserably. Up to this point I had noticed the healer seemed to be struggling to keep me up, yet never said a thing. So I start to proceed to say something and I just so happened to look at my buff bar and then proceeded to /facepalm while I laughed for like 30 seconds and explained to the healer why they were having so much trouble. We get back with me in tank stance and the rest of the run goes smoothly. Needless to say, after this incident I always check for my stances lol.

Also, not related to gf, but I have went into dummy parses on my mara in juyo form while in carnage spec and wonder why my dps was so low :rak_01:.