The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Not that I doubt it happened but that PT had to be troll right? Right!?

Also as a Tank I'm getting tired of Sawbones who don't keep Slow-Release on me. You used Cloud so I know you're specced healing. It doesn't cost energy and doesn't interfere with your off-dps so maybe you just can't be bothered to refresh it every 18 seconds? I'm full DG minus 1 piece so I need a minimum of healing in FP's but I still don't understand.

I really wouldn't worry about that as long as you're staying up. I find if a tank is well geared, and not really tanking any damage I can pretty much keep him topped off with EMP and the occasional UWM. I might put a SRMP on ya if it's a pull that people have problems with but otherwise there isn't much of a need.

If the is lower geared or just not very good I'll heal properly (though in the case of an unskilled tank the majority of healing will probably end up being sent towards the DPS), but honestly as long as nobody is dieing I don't think it's much of an issue. :p

KDY again, involves Marauders (surprise, surprise).

Scenarios go rather well, not perfectly. We get everything done.

Boss: droid

I thought we wouldn't have problems in this fight. I was wrong. Marauders tunnel vision the boss, ignore adds, don't use Kolto stations, they don't try to avoid that red pulse thingy at all. Sniper refused to use Kolto station when she had full HP but one or more group members had less than 50% HP. When I say "This boss isn't that difficult" one of the marauders call me "idiot". When I try to explain that red color under your feet is bad thing I get vote kicked. 13k to repairs. Best KDY run ever.

Edited by Halinalle

Yesterday I grabbed my Scoundrel and queued for a random 55 hardmode. Got Cademimu.

What I expected: a nice run made fairly easy by the Scoundrel's OP energy management.

What I got: OH GOD I CAN'T CHAIN EMERGENCY MEDPAC FAST ENOUGH

I was healing, natch, and we had a TK Sage and a DoTsweep sentinel for DPS; the Sentinel quickly bailed and was replaced by a Tactics Vanguard. The DPS were very good at what they did. The tank was awful.

Our tank was a Guardian with 25k health. I checked his gear and he was in a mix of blue 66s, purple 66s and some leveling gear from the mid-40s. Most of his stats were in DPS. He didn't really know the spec, either; I saw the Courage buff stacking up, but I'm not sure if he ever used Guardian Slash at all. And just to make things fun, he tunnel-visioned relentlessly on the strongest target he saw, leaving the adds to bumrush me and the DPS.

We died several times to trash, but managed to avoid any deaths against a boss. Most of the time I'd just drop my slow-release medpacs on the tank and leave him to his own devices while picking off adds and healing up myself and the DPS. Of course, on the rare occasions where he actually drew aggro from multiple strongs, he'd usually melt like butter unless I was spam-healing him.

When we told him he needed to do a better job of picking up multiple enemies, he told us his AoE taunt was on a long cooldown. We then explained to him that he should at least try to HIT the adds, because that's how tanking works too.

At least the DPS were good at offtanking (the Vanguard) and bubbling (the Sage). Good DPS make a run with a bad tank bearable.

Had a... I don't even know what, a few days ago, Cadamimu 55 HM.

Jugg as a "tank", Oper Dps and a friend of mine on his merc Dps. Me on my Merc healer.

First pull tank goes down in 5 seconds :eek:, I was still typing in my greeting...WTH?!?!

Think nothing of it, happens to every once in a while, just bad luck.

Keep going, I'm seeing the tank drop about 30% of his health the MOMENT he hits a group of mobs.

Inspect him, aaaaand full 65 PVP gear, now; I don't care what gear you got as long as it's not made of tissue paper :D

I whisp him: "you might wanna switch out of the pvp gear :)"

*nothing*

Fine. Get passed the room where the adds spawn all over, tank jumps the mobs at the end of the room.:rak_04:

Group chat:

Me: "tank?"

Me: "*tank's name*?"

*still nothing*

Buddy:" dude answer"

Nothing...

I sit my Merc down, and type in that I'm not going anywhere until the tank answers and explain the pvp gear.(dick move I know)

Tank responds that he decided to ignor what I was saying because his gear is fine and that I should check my healing ability.

To this I responded something along the lines of 'fine. Whatever'

Slicing shortcut, the pull at the end, tank dies in 20 seconds.Me ten seconds later because I just burned all my CDs trying to keep him alive, while getting eaten alive togther with the Dps by all the mobs except the one that the tank was hitting....

Tank:" might want to wait a few seconds before attacking, I'm a jugger no a sin"

Riiiiiight the under geared Merc Dps and the Oper are the problem.....

Run back, luckily the dps managed to kill most of weak adds bedore the wipe, get passed them.

All the FP I'm over heating like crazy trying to keep him alive.

Wookie boss goes down.

Clearing the trash on the way to the elevator, I get myself killed twice, having spent all my CDs on the damn piggies.

At this point I just type in : " ***k this"

And drop group.

My attitude during the FP is crap at best, I know that, but seriously how the hell was this guy dropping like a rock?

... My attitude during the FP is crap at best, I know that, but seriously how the hell was this guy dropping like a rock?

My guess: He probably wasn't properly specced in Immortal, didn't use defensive CDs, and possibly wasn't even wearing a shield.

1) PT tank in Athiss, two mara derps and me on my sorc healer. Took me a minute to argue against being guarded. Kept pulling mobs with Force Storm and got killed twice by the trash. The tank wasn't using half of the skills.

2) DP 16SM, imperial pugfest. People joining with 27k health, others with no speeder unlocked, derps falling down and deleting tiles in the most detrimental way possible. Epic wipefest on boss #3. In total: 90 minutes of wasted time and 50k in repairs.

3) A guy on Rep fleet arguing that shadows can tank with a regular lightsaber just as good and using "I get praised for my tanking" as an argument. Also, according to him, Force Breach is a skill shadow tanks can live without.

What is that? All I know is that when I came back they were already voting and I said back.

It's this immortal story:

Well, I've been using gf for months and never had a story worthy of this thread (just average stupidity), until tonight.

It's a short story, but was laughing pretty hard.

Queue up and draw mando raiders HM, (I'm the healer) we make it to the boss with the dogs, we beat him, and everything is fine.

Then one of the dps's says: "can you guys give me a minute?"

Tank says "sure"

DPs: "I gotta go get butter"

Tank: "what?"

Me: "seriously?"

The dps "it's right across the street"

Me: "dude can't the butter wait?"

Dps: "I'll be right back, I swear"

Then the other dps says "I'm not standing around while that guy goes to buy butter." And quits. (And can you really blame him?). So we queue for a replacement and in the meantime the tank and I are sitting there, staring at his unmoving toon, basically saying "why does he need butter so immediately?"

So we get a replacement, who catches up to where we are and says "alright let's go"

Tank: "we're waiting on this guy"

Me: "he went to get butter"

New Dps "butter!?"

Tank "he said he would brb"

New Dps "from getting BUTTER?"

Me and tank: "uhhh. Yeah"

So 10 mins go by…15, and were thinking "is something stuck or something?"

"Maybe he's cooking" and from there the theories as to what the butter is for just start to get more graphic.

and finally I say "seriously, how long does it take this moron to go by butter!?" And the tank initiates a vote kick saying "I think it's time we leave this dude to be alone with his butter"

Butter dude gets kicked. We get a new dps, who asks "what happened to the last guy?"

And we say "he went to get butter" new dude says "what? Butter?" And we're like "yeah nm lets just go. "

Anyway we run the rest of the fp. It was a good group actually. And the last conversation as we were leaving the area was

Me: "I wonder if he ever made it back home with his butter"

Tank: "we'll never know"

I was laughing pretty hard.

Seriously, going AFK, especially for more than two minutes, is bad. Phone calls happen, calls of nature happen, but butter can wait.

Seriously, going AFK, especially for more than two minutes, is bad. Phone calls happen, calls of nature happen, but butter can wait.

Reminds me of a time in City of Heroes when a guy went AFK so he could take a shower :eek:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never been married.

If you've said you were going to pick up butter on the way home, forgot, and then logged on to play a flashpoint...when your spouse sees you playing, that butter can NOT wait. :)

Garik

I had PUG Scum and Villainy run like a month ago.

Right before we go in the op leader, a tank, says "Oh damn my ops pass just expired". Another guy and I decided to get him a new one since apparently he didn't have enough money for it, and I didn't want to spend forever looking for a new tank.

After the boss with the tokens, so after the weekly, the guy says "I'll be back in 10-15 minutes I'm gonna have dinner".

That's the rudest thing I've ever seen while playing this game. Especially considering we got him a freaking free ops pass.

He even had the nerves to complain that people had left while he was gone. Unbelievable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never been married.

If you've said you were going to pick up butter on the way home, forgot, and then logged on to play a flashpoint...when your spouse sees you playing, that butter can NOT wait. :)

Garik

I don't know, if I did that, I'd just drop group and log out. My wife would be less than happy with me for forgetting to grab something on the way home. Partially because it's about 15-20 minutes to the store.

A few weeks ago in Czerka Labs HM on my Guardian Tank, with guildie healer and dps (all near full 78 at the time) and a sentinel with no set bonus, endurance-heavy mods, and, apparently: no clue as to what he was doing!

Standing in all sorts of circles on the other bosses wasn't the worst thing he did. Jumping in too soon or attaccking cc'ed or the wrong targets wasn't that bad either. We've all been there and we made it through easily enough anyway. Yet on the last boss, he accused me for not taunting (even though I never lost aggro on Blys and basically all the red/blue adds at all) and was wondering why he kept on dying. Our healer was tired of his whining (as was I!) and decided to focus on keeping the people that were doing a proper job alive. We killed him easily, after which aforementioned sentinel said "WORST TANK EVER, l2p!" and f'ed off into the night. :p

Bad tank, baaaaaaad tank! I should be ashamed of myself :D

Edited by Lain-QT

I had one which I wasn't sure whether it was me missing the point! I queued up on my new 27 dps jugg, and got my first Cademimu on this character. Don't get me wrong I have played this as a tank and a healer, and have had no problems. So I come in to the fp, and realise they have already started, fine np, I look on the map and they are not too far in. So I walks into the area and it is literally full of mobs, there is no place where they seem to have killed anything, so I am guessing that they have cc'd there way through. However on Cademimu there is no way to avoid the mobs without a cc, certain mobs can be avoided at the beginning, but there are at least a few after the first lift down, as you go past the police cars to the next point in the cantina there is a choke point at a door.

So I run up but realise there is one mob guarding a door you cant get past (afik), without going through them, I do give it a try thinking I might have half a chance, run up and eventually get smashed. OK so I post up in chat "if you want me in, you will need to come back to the cantina as you have not killed the mobs and they are off cc", no response. I try once again, trying to find a sneak path, but again cant avoid the pull and die. Next minute I get kick voted for "being a noob".

My guess: He probably wasn't properly specced in Immortal, didn't use defensive CDs, and possibly wasn't even wearing a shield.

Wel. ... being in pvp 65 gear sounds like it's just below 66 pve.i can't check it atm since I'm on the the road. 66 pve is doable if he knows his rotation and cd's. A 58 geared healer can heal a dps shadow in tankstance with shield . Meaning. ... 65 shouldn't make him drop that easely.

Not sure if he was hybrid. I thought they killed the tank dps hybrid.

I was in one where I had to go afk for a bit because, to my surprise, the store across the street had a sale on butter (omg, i know right). Needless to say, HM FPs take a backseat because who doesn't love butter? Butter tastes sooo much better than other shortenings and makes everything wonderful. It's true that it has a lower smoke point than something like vegetable oil so you don't want to cook with it for too long in high heat. But the flavor it brings to everything is worth it when you're basting and sauteeing.

But anywho, those douchbags in my group who didn't appreciate butter booted me.

Yet on the last boss, he accused me for not taunting (even though I never lost aggro on Blys and basically all the red/blue adds at all) and was wondering why he kept on dying.

The only thing I can think of is that he can't tell the difference between an add coming after him and an add doing area damage to the whole group.

I had one which I wasn't sure whether it was me missing the point! I queued up on my new 27 dps jugg, and got my first Cademimu on this character. Don't get me wrong I have played this as a tank and a healer, and have had no problems. So I come in to the fp, and realise they have already started, fine np, I look on the map and they are not too far in. So I walks into the area and it is literally full of mobs, there is no place where they seem to have killed anything, so I am guessing that they have cc'd there way through. However on Cademimu there is no way to avoid the mobs without a cc, certain mobs can be avoided at the beginning, but there are at least a few after the first lift down, as you go past the police cars to the next point in the cantina there is a choke point at a door.

So I run up but realise there is one mob guarding a door you cant get past (afik), without going through them, I do give it a try thinking I might have half a chance, run up and eventually get smashed. OK so I post up in chat "if you want me in, you will need to come back to the cantina as you have not killed the mobs and they are off cc", no response. I try once again, trying to find a sneak path, but again cant avoid the pull and die. Next minute I get kick voted for "being a noob".

You were perfectly reasonable IMO. If a group is going to skip some fights via stealth, they need to come back to let replacements in.

Reminds me of one run I did of Karagga's Palace once, pre-2.0...

It was a 16man PUG, and we got through the first two bosses easily. We skip a bunch of the Kintan Crusher trash on the way to good old Forehead Crusher, but wiped on the boss himself. We then spent 30 minutes trying to regroup, because with 16 people running back from the checkpoint, at least one would aggro something while trying to sneak through, and then because we were spread out the mobs would pick us off one by one. And then we'd all need to respawn and try again. I kept saying we should just go back and clear some trash, but nobody else would hear of it. Eventually enough people got sick of it and dropped group that we turned it into an 8man run and polished off the rest of the Op without trouble.