The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

You really should get over yourself. Times where gear on the player reflected his skill has long been gone.

You say you are in 246/248 gear? So am I, almost full 248 gear, and yet I never been in any progression group, NIM ops, and never set foot into half of HM. Random people in GF have no way to know how good you are and I seriously doubt many of them are checking your gear and achievements.

Even so I think he's right about people either immediately panicking when they lose a measly 10-25% of their health, or just habituated to immediately running for kolto stations because of prior all-DPS runs. Although I wouldn't say it happens often there are times when queued as a healer for a veteran flashpoint that you start to feel like a useless appendage, because one player keeps insisting on spamming the kolto anytime a boss throws out a little bit of damage. It not infrequently causes the healer to waste an ability, because the person spams the kolto at the same time you dish out a heal. Meanwhile I've never had anyone die on veteran flashpoints I healed where players didn't panic-tap the kolto stations.

If a player is going to be spamming the kolto stations Id rather they said so before the boss fight starts. If I don't need to heal, I should add to DPS to burn down the boss then instead of throwing away healing abilities.

Naturally, because I played a Sage Healer for quite some time (not in OPs, though), I look after people's health bars in FPs (I only do FPs these days).

Even as a DD, I feel the role of a Healer is over me, because of my "helping synddrome" maybe. :D;)

I often see DDs fighting and fighting - we were 4 DDs in a recent FP, and forgetting to look after their own health bars, when there is no dedicated Healer around. I take it as my duty to run to the nearest Kolto Station to help everyone, then.

I usually wait a bit to see if they run to it by themselves, but if their health becomes frighteningly low, then I'll act.

Especially when Lowbies are around, which are a great difficult to keep alove, often.

(I stopped playing Healer because it became a chore to me at one point, doing class stories and feeling oh so passive while doing nothing but healing - it felt so dull like "everyone else gets the laurels, but not me !" Then I stopped and decided to play DD instead.

Wow. Talk about selfish.

If there's no healer I try to get a ranged DPS to park themselves on one of the kolto stations to click it if we're in trouble. Doesn't always work, but I try.

Back when I did KDY a lot, I'd see many a ranged dps set up shop at a kolto station during robot boss. And never, ever use it. Not just near it, but on it.

Let's see if I can remember this DF GF story. It mainly involved a Mara, a Healer, and an Off-Tank. And a Hero-Merc.

First, me: I didn't have a ship, or travel terminal unlocked for Oricon. Said I had no way (so I thought) of getting there w/o summons, and nobody summoned. So I just moseyed around fleet, even while ppl were fighting trash and the Mara was saying "Let's go, everyone's here". Then I realized I could buy priority travel :D.

The Mara also noticed Hero-Merc wearing a mask.

Mara: "Hey Hero-Merc, where did you get the mask?"

Hero-Merc: "Secret boss in SnV"

Mara: "Can you show me after?"

Hero-Merc: "Can't"

Mara: "Why?"

Hero-Merc: "Requires nim & competence"

Mara: "Rude."

Then, the RL could not remember roles. Healer joined, and confusion about their role persisted up until Nefra. People kept insisting she was here for both roles.

RL: "Healer, what's your role?"

Healer: "Heals, but I can dps."

Mara: "Healer is not heals, she has dps set, not heal set and 100% accuracy"

Hero-Merc: "She's got heal set and 0 accuracy..."

This Mara also brought the Off-Tank. We get to Nefra, I get in place. Off-Tank pulls, no /rc, nothing. I taunt from my position, but he taunts back. And instead of doing the usual things tanks do, he runs to the group and exposes them all to cleave. We wipe.

Round 2, instructions to stack on me were given. We pull, but Off-Tank is a fidgeter and keeps advancing forward as he attacks, thereby driving Nefra back towards the group. He dies in transition while alone, so I taunt, and Hero-Merc is already standing on top of me. She goes down. I could've kept her taunted I guess, but I don't want to work that hard, and sometimes I like to watch funny things happen.

Then we get to Draxus, and just after I tell Off-Tank to stand in 1 spot and hold Draxus, and while people are still running over... Mara does a DST at him.

That was the end. No telling what joys awaited us deeper in the fortress.

I qued up for FP and as soon s I got in the guy started cursing me out lol, I waited a bit and wrote are u done yet? he was so pissed I didn't care about what he was saying that he left the group and fp, that was weird to me

I qued up for FP and as soon s I got in the guy started cursing me out lol, I waited a bit and wrote are u done yet? he was so pissed I didn't care about what he was saying that he left the group and fp, that was weird to me

Some players can be weirdly antisocial at times.

That reminds me a of one time I was running a FP without a full group, where one person disconnected at the start, and the group leader decides to pull out a companion instead of getting a replacement from the queue. The other person in the group asks what level influence he has has with the companion and the group leader says "20" or something to that effect, and the other group member says to put him away and that he has a companion at 50. The group leader puts away the companion and the other group member pulls their out, but then the group leader immediately drops after saying something like, "I'm trying to get an achievement for killing mobs with this companion, but whatever. You two run it by yourselves."

Group leadership then passed to me and I queued for two repacements, immediately got two DPS, and the rest of the FP proceeded without a hitch.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The group leader puts away the companion and the other group member pulls their out, but then the group leader immediately drops after saying something like, "I'm trying to get an achievement for killing mobs with this companion, but whatever. You two run it by yourselves."

Surely that's what Heroics are for.

We were in Hammer Station Veteran mode, since I was almost died I used a kolto. 2 minutes later we died because the healer refused to heal us.

Me: Why? Why did you do that?

Him: You don't trust in me, you think i'm not doing a good work, you think you can heal better than me? die.

Oh, of course he was kicked out :rak_04:

We were in Hammer Station Veteran mode, since I was almost died I used a kolto. 2 minutes later we died because the healer refused to heal us.

Him: You don't trust in me, you think i'm not doing a good work, you think you can heal better than me? die.

While I understand the feeling a healer has in that situation, since I main one, it's just easier if the healer stands next to a kolto station and incorporates it into their rotation. There are times my resources are low and suddenly a dps takes too much damage from a red circle, I'll just use the kolto station while I'm spamming the resource regen. It's not hard, it still lets me be the healer, and the other three in the group can focus on what they're doing.

It doesn't do any good anymore for a healer to stand away from the kolto stations. Just use them and let your group know you're going to be healing AND doing the stations. DPS and tanks in tactical/veteran FPs have gone through a lot of "trauma" without healers and are probably running to the kolto stations out of habit. Don't take it personally, let them know you'll handle the stations, the bosses will be burned faster, and no one's ego has to take a hit.

I did this in a Blood Hunt last week. I told everyone to stay in the middle and I'll do healing and stations (Joss and Valk). I saw one of the ranged dps get nervous once and start moving for the stations but when he saw me force speed to one he stopped and went back to dpsing.

Seems the healer was having a bad day.

I understand the frustration, as three of my top four characters are healers, but I've never gone past asking "Why do I bother to show up?" all the way into actually withholding healing because they're popping koltos.

I agree it's better to say "I'll be handling the koltos as well as my regular healing duties. We'll be fine"

If you were nearly dead, the healer was either not doing his job or was having a hard time with it. And if the healer wasn't moving for the kolto himself, then yeah - by all means, hit that kolto station like your life depends...on...it....oh wait, it did. :p Heck, if I was that healer, I'd be grateful for the help (since I know I tend to tunnel-vision and panic when healing someone or multiple someones low on health, often completely forgetting about the kolto tanks).

Wiping the group like that was just petty of the healer. :/

If you were nearly dead, the healer was either not doing his job or was having a hard time with it. And if the healer wasn't moving for the kolto himself, then yeah - by all means, hit that kolto station like your life depends...on...it....oh wait, it did. :p Heck, if I was that healer, I'd be grateful for the help (since I know I tend to tunnel-vision and panic when healing someone or multiple someones low on health, often completely forgetting about the kolto tanks).

yeah, but some people think they are dying and run for the koltos when their hp goes below 80%

Him: You don't trust in me, you think i'm not doing a good work, you think you can heal better than me? die.:

This is what I'd call "elitist thinking".

yeah, but some people think they are dying and run for the koltos when their hp goes below 80%

Soime people actually do that - when the group finder makes them a 4DD group ...

I had something similar I think 2 weeks ago ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Agree completely.

When I'm in a vet fp as a healer, I want the whole flashpoint to go by without deaths, since it will be over faster. I'd never intentionally make it longer just to prove a petty point. Not to mention unnecessary repair bills.

As always, communication is key. If you simply must be in charge of healing 100%, just let everyone know beforehand you're gonna be manning the koltos. The dps and tanks will be grateful.

Running a Master Mode Manaan FP yesterday. First boss and the trash all goes pretty smoothly no real hiccups until we get to Ortuno. The tanks positioning was actually pretty decent i think he got caught in the puddles once on the attempts. Well the tank dies on the first pull and we end up wiping so we all run back to try again we all give the tank some positioning advice on where to start the fight to help with threat and positioning he takes the advice and implements but we wipe when the tank dies again. This time I realized our scoundrel healer was only using HoT's Emergency Medpack, and Kolto Cloud.

When I asked the healer why they were only using half of their healing abilities and never using their big single target heals the response was that those heals still wouldn't heal the tank for 80% of his health and were worthless in this situation. So when Kolto waves was on cooldown and no Upper Hand procs were up the healer literally just stood there doing nothing.

When I asked the healer why they were only using half of their healing abilities and never using their big single target heals the response was that those heals still wouldn't heal the tank for 80% of his health and were worthless in this situation. So when Kolto waves was on cooldown and no Upper Hand procs were up the healer literally just stood there doing nothing.

Guessing they were new at Scoundrel healing.

.... This time I realized our scoundrel healer was only using HoT's Emergency Medpack, and Kolto Cloud.

Reminds me of an assassin tank I met in Master Battle of Rishi yesterday, with me healing on an operative.

With two stealth classes we skipped most of the trash groups, the first and second boss weren't much of a problem either except of the tank taking some huge hits occasionally. Well I thought 'It's a PUG, no one died so what.'

Then the final boss, we wiped... often. First due to the DPS not attacking any adds but after that was explained, the tank just died several times.

A few times he just stood directly in the cross and I know the positioning there is really bad, with the game thinking you still stand there even though you are far away, but he also died when there was not aoe at all. Dropping from around 60-70% to death.

Had a look at his gear now, it was proper tanking gear a mix of mostly 248. Then I had a closer look at what he was doing...

He was atttacking with his lightsaber and as he had an occasional stack of harnessed darkness, there had to be a shock once in a while too. Looking at the boss debuffs, there was nothing to see to indicate he used wither or discharge at all and depredating volts he used just randomly. Dark ward/bulwark was sometimes up sometimes not. His def CDs he knew at least though to me the used seemed as randomly as the volts. Like deflection during the shield phase.

As a long time assassin tank myself, I just didn't know where to even start to explain to him what he did wrong.

I tried to /w him about the use of wither/discharge to aim for 3 harnessed darkness stacks and then using volts but got no answer and nothing changed.

Instead the tank announced the next try would be his last and due to a lucky combination of adds that were quickly killed by the DPS, with the tank getting no orbital hits and by chance just sprinting around just before the cross, a few heal crits at the right moment, we somehow managed to get through.

As a long time assassin tank myself, I just didn't know where to even start to explain to him what he did wrong.

I tried to /w him about the use of wither/discharge to aim for 3 harnessed darkness stacks and then using volts but got no answer and nothing changed.

Instead the tank announced the next try would be his last and due to a lucky combination of adds that were quickly killed by the DPS, with the tank getting no orbital hits and by chance just sprinting around just before the cross, a few heal crits at the right moment, we somehow managed to get through.

heh yeah, explaining an Assasin Tank to a new person is a thing for the whole evening :)

heh yeah, explaining an Assasin Tank to a new person is a thing for the whole evening :)

Depends on how much in depth you want to explain ;)

Basic would be: Use shock, wither and ward on cooldown, discharage, volts and maul when they glow. If nothing of it can be used, use thrash or saber strike if low on force. Done. ;)

And before someone comes in screaming at me: I know that ward on cooldown isn't optimal. Who cares? The difference between using the 8 absorb stack to it's fullest and refreshing ward on cooldown is marginally at best. And letting ward drop off trying to maximise absorb stack uptime is even worse. So there's that.

Edited by Torvai

ToS GF, our guild run is a player short so we queue up and get a dps. We start Malaphar, dps stands there and does nothing the entire fight, but loots right on cue after boss is killed. Then the dps apparently afks as we clear the adds up to the walkers, start the fight without them and clear it. Again, loots right on cue after boss kill. Dps never says a word even after getting called out in Ops chat, we vote kick after that. We 7 man Underlurker and Revanite Commanders, then on trash pull before Revan, a replacement dps finally queues. It's a gunslinger whose single target rotation involves mostly spraying sweeping gunfire with a few orbitals. Never change, group finder. :D

We were on a Hammer Station yesterday where the fourth didn't even login to the FP until after we cleared the first boss and then managed to get themselves killed, twice, with all the trash cleared between the first and second boss. We finally had enough and vote kicked, then finished the FP with a companion.

a few weeks ago i queud with a healing friend called "your companion".

we got blood hunt and as soon as we enter the flashpoint tank imediatly leaves.

i whisper him asking why he left (since me and my friend are close to 248 and are experienced in nim ops) and not give it a chance minimuum (i though he was prolly scared because blood hunt and game is hard)

but then he replies to me:

"a companion as a healer?" im like ***? :rak_02:

never thought we could get our companions queuing as healers for flashpoints :D