The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

My lvl 70 vanguard got vote-kicked at the very start of a FP by a guild group, didn't even pull anything.

Reason - "Girl toons can't tank"

:rolleyes:

That was just a silly excuse. IMO, they wanted a guild run with a comp and just kicked you cause...

Still wrong, though.

Not a GF story, just want to share. Sunday night, TRE, on my mara jumping around on guild ship. Call for Tank, heal and dps for HM DF, chivo is a must etc. I go what the hell, why not lets go for it, whisp out, chivo linked aaand the reply is: 2015 chivo won't work. :confused: I asked should I link my HM Brontes tanking video instead from 2 months ago or is this serious? The reply was that they actually need a tank.

I might be thinking the wrong way but if a 2015 chivo is no good for a dps, how it is good for a tank? Or why ask for chivos in the first place? Anyway I went to sleep.

Thanks for letting me share.

Seriously?

Wow, just wow. I hope you reported those scum.

Were you wearing proper armor, or a bikini? You think I'm joking, but I've been kicked for that before... First time was before the days of Adaptive Armor, my Darkness (Tank) Assassin got kicked because "You can't tank in light armor noob"

Not a GF story, just want to share. Sunday night, TRE, on my mara jumping around on guild ship. Call for Tank, heal and dps for HM DF, chivo is a must etc. I go what the hell, why not lets go for it, whisp out, chivo linked aaand the reply is: 2015 chivo won't work. :confused: I asked should I link my HM Brontes tanking video instead from 2 months ago or is this serious? The reply was that they actually need a tank.

I might be thinking the wrong way but if a 2015 chivo is no good for a dps, how it is good for a tank? Or why ask for chivos in the first place? Anyway I went to sleep.

Thanks for letting me share.

the problem that most people think is: 2015 was made overleved and therefore its a no good achieve. problem is we can´t reset our chevos, and will carry them forever. i wish i could erased my nim cheevos from 2015 and replace them for cheevos done at lvl (4.0, 5.0, at least the ones i missed from 2014). oh well, prolly u saved yourself from a few wipes :)

btw did u asked aswell his/her achiev? cause i have seen people asking for achiev when themsleves dont have it aswell.

TRE lately is full of noobs.

Were you wearing proper armor, or a bikini? You think I'm joking, but I've been kicked for that before... First time was before the days of Adaptive Armor, my Darkness (Tank) Assassin got kicked because "You can't tank in light armor noob"

hahahah oh my priceless! u really made my day :)

oh well, prolly u saved yourself from a few wipes :)

btw did u asked aswell his/her achiev? cause i have seen people asking for achiev when themsleves dont have it aswell.

You know, you're probably right, but I didn't asked, wasn't so into it, so whatever. As for TRE's population, don't get me started, sometimes the simplest tasks are unsolvable puzzles for some.... So lately I try not to pug a lot :rolleyes:

Its direct outcome of cxp and current gearing system. When you queue with barely 230 tele sage, without setbonus and you get into group with full setbonus 248 sentinel and guardian and you was able not just pull aggro, but hold entire fight and only barrier give brief moment to breath, then something is not right.

the problem that most people think is: 2015 was made overleved and therefore its a no good achieve. problem is we can´t reset our chevos, and will carry them forever. i wish i could erased my nim cheevos from 2015 and replace them for cheevos done at lvl (4.0, 5.0, at least the ones i missed from 2014). oh well, prolly u saved yourself from a few wipes :)

I've seen this a couple times on Harbinger. What they want is an easy carry (for themselves), not necessarily a fully competent group.

My lvl 70 vanguard got vote-kicked at the very start of a FP by a guild group, didn't even pull anything.

Reason - "Girl toons can't tank"

:rolleyes:

I read this thread, and there are lots of funny, silly stories. What you experienced is just inane.

Oh, my gosh. I'd forgotten about that happening. Back when all FPs were trinity, I'd see vote kicks immediately come up for Shadow tanks. Why? "Can't tank, light armor." That was right up (down) there with demands about why I wasn't helping with heals ... when I was on a Gunslinger. "I've seen Smugglers do heals. Heal!"

Edited by Nmyownworld

I read this thread, and there are lots of funny, silly stories. What you experienced is just inane.

Oh, my gosh. I'd forgotten about that happening. Back when all FPs were trinity, I'd see vote kicks immediately come up for Shadow tanks. Why? "Can't tank, light armor." That was right up (down) there with demands about why I wasn't helping with heals ... when I was on a Gunslinger. "I've seen Smugglers do heals. Heal!"

It got worse with Adaptive armor and the outfit feature, I swear. Then, with all armor being purely cosmetic, my Juggernaut can wear a bikini.. which means... no armor and can't tank...

Oh, and if you remember the days when each class had it's own stat, those were fun. Once my assassin got kicked because she wasn't wearing juggernaut gear... whereas me? I was regularly kicking juggernauts in assassin gear (I need the Willpower for my Force abilities!) uh no you don't... The change to "Mastery" was a godsend to no longer having to explain stats... Hell, even my guild leader seriously was confused, she wore Aim and Cunning gear on her gunslinger (HK-51 being able to use both probably really confused her too)

Once my assassin got kicked because she wasn't wearing juggernaut gear... whereas me? I was regularly kicking juggernauts in assassin gear

Reminds me of Rule number 2 of the "10 Rules Of Marauders" :D

(HK-51 being able to use both probably really confused her too)

It greatly condfused me, too.

My main is a Gunslinger. :D

Well, I do remember those heated discussions about Aim and Cunning ... Back in the days ... :rolleyes:

Those where the days ... the class forums were never empty ... :rolleyes:

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Quite hilarious. Not really groupfinder related but close enough (SM ops via gen chat).

At about 18:30 a guildy and I decided to join a forming group for TfB SM. We had ops at 20:00 but figured that 1,5 hours would be enough to clear it, even with some bad luck. Sadly the opsleader had issues getting the group together and kicked 1 (maybe 2? dont remember) out in order to invite the correct roles.

Anyways. On we went and boy oh boy. Trashpulls went horrible, healers were having a hard time keeping people alive and at times the tanks forgot to tank (not sure how else healers can die from to much aggro). But we managed to keep ourselves alive on almost every pull so I didn't really cared.

Sadly due to the slower trashkills and a few wipes on operator my guildy and I ran out of time. I thought to be nice and inform the opsleader that my guildy and I were running late for ops and that we might need to leave soon.

Apparently the opsleader wasn't fond of it and had forgotten we joined in with more than enough time on the clock as his reply was along the lines of 'why did you even started with the run than?'

It was now 20 minutes past my guildopstime and my raidleader started to get a bit anxious. So after a succesfull kill on Kephess I decided to leave as the terror itself would have taken to long.

The next day I had the following conversation:

https://imgur.com/a/OZNGC

I'm not sure which failure the opsleader was referring at, but the beauty was that we left after a succesfull kill. Also even though the group wasn't brilliant, the Terror would go down in 2, maybe 3 attempts. Lastly i guess a quitter would have left after the trashpull before dreadguards where all but 2 people died :p

Joined an EV HM run through general chat, turns out me and a friend joined a guild run of 5 PVP players and a pug. As it turns out this was the first time ever they tried an EV HM run, most of them had 246 fully augmented gear, should be a peace of cake. We took over two hours to kill Garsj the second boss. I had to quit by then but I heard from my buddy they struggled for another hour and a half before they called it a night at SOA..

Most interesting run I've experienced so far.

Next time SM should have been run before you would try an HM run, because the tactics of SM stay and get a little bit more complicated during HM.

For example when the second boss jump up and down you should know that you should move to another platform and not stay and fight in the lava... 😂

While that is ridiculous, I think the earlier reply to that post was on the money. Since the other three were in the same guild they likely decided to kick the one person who didn't have their guild tag, make it a guild run, and either pull out a companion or time the replacement queue so that a fourth guildie could jump in.

They just decided to be extra douchey and troll the person being kicked with a sexist comment while they did it.

*slides in nervously* Hello! First time posting here but a long time avid fan of the thread. Thanks all for the memorable stories! Not once did I have to excuse myself from a room to go laugh in private because of you guy ;)

But yes, you're not here to hear me praise you. You're here to hear tales of mayhem, chaos and irredeemable stupid! Well!!!!.... I might have a short incident I wish to share. So, because of the server merges coming up I've been infiltrating- I mean making some alts on other servers to get to see who I'll be sharing game with. For most of it I'm a happy soon-to-be-ex-progenitor camper, so I say "you know... I got this toon to 24 already, what's the harm in quing for a quick one?". In group finder I go! Insta-pop for in progress Czerka Core Meltdown with a bunch of 60+ comrades. I tell to myself "Awesome! I haven't been carried through a flashpoint in months!"

Less then a minute in you can hear a lone level 24 madness sorc, a tiny speck in the distance, so young and poorly geared, yell in chat with all their might: "MOVE HIM TO THE GREEN GLOWING GENERATOR! THE GLOWING GENERATOR!!!"

*slides in nervously* Hello! First time posting here but a long time avid fan of the thread. Thanks all for the memorable stories! Not once did I have to excuse myself from a room to go laugh in private because of you guy ;)

But yes, you're not here to hear me praise you. You're here to hear tales of mayhem, chaos and irredeemable stupid! Well!!!!.... I might have a short incident I wish to share. So, because of the server merges coming up I've been infiltrating- I mean making some alts on other servers to get to see who I'll be sharing game with. For most of it I'm a happy soon-to-be-ex-progenitor camper, so I say "you know... I got this toon to 24 already, what's the harm in quing for a quick one?". In group finder I go! Insta-pop for in progress Czerka Core Meltdown with a bunch of 60+ comrades. I tell to myself "Awesome! I haven't been carried through a flashpoint in months!"

Less then a minute in you can hear a lone level 24 madness sorc, a tiny speck in the distance, so young and poorly geared, yell in chat with all their might: "MOVE HIM TO THE GREEN GLOWING GENERATOR! THE GLOWING GENERATOR!!!"

Well that's what I fear with server merges. I play in a small populated server, and that actually forces you to be good, or at least average, when playing group content, cause otherwise you'll end up on ignore lists and won't be able to play.

Here's hoping it's just a few FPs like these and that everything will be fine. I rather have slower pops but better groups, than faster pops and have to carry bads.

Well that's what I fear with server merges. I play in a small populated server, and that actually forces you to be good, or at least average, when playing group content, cause otherwise you'll end up on ignore lists and won't be able to play.

Actually I have to say since moving from prog to TRE, my experiences with pugs have *mostly* been way better. Op runs without any organization and lots of new people went without a hitch. That is something I hadn't experienced on Prog even once.

What I did notice was a perceived slightly higher incidence of people throwing hissy fits. This one time, someone threw a whole tantrum because someone attacked one more gold enemy than was strictly necessary, which wouldn't have been a problem at all. However, the complainer had jumped into a strong mob alone and had melted because he was alone. He started to insult everyone in rather drastic terms, and the group fell apart.

Also, one thing I've noticed that I find very irritating is people zoning into GF flash points and insta-leaving because... it's veteran Blood Hunt? Really? I mean yeah if you wipe three times on hubby and wifey, okay. But insta-leaving? I don't get it.

To be fair you have to have at least one person who really knows the fight to get a smooth run through Blood Hunt.

We had a guildie effectively solo it as an Assassin. This was after 4 wipes.

Most pugs don't trust other people enough to try suffering through it.

Don't worry mate you are not alone with the pugs . Almost same thing happened with me in Progenitor but it's probably bit more hilarious to me.

I was playing on my Mara lvl 38 and Czerka Core Meltdown popped on vet. I get to pair with three lvl 70 people, DPS Jugg 246 Augmented gear, Sin tank 244+246 gear and an Op healer 248 gear. 'Nice' I thought and...THEY.COULD.NOT.KILL.THE.BOSS and preferred to fight in middle of the sandstorm. I explained to them to bring the boss to the glowing generator and they still cannot pull and dies. After 4th wipe I said 'sorry and gl' and quited for good. This was so unbelievable that I almost feel sorry for those guys.

Edited by Ayushman

Also, one thing I've noticed that I find very irritating is people zoning into GF flash points and insta-leaving because... it's veteran Blood Hunt? Really? I mean yeah if you wipe three times on hubby and wifey, okay. But insta-leaving? I don't get it.

Blood Hunt issue for many is not difficulty, but insane lag spikes and fps drops at Joss and Valk fight. It become unplayable. Even If I lower setings, no help. Fps is around 10-15 and lag 500-1000+ and I have More than enough rig for swtor. Same is New fp, inside train, its under 10. I do not drop out, but it is pain and I understand if People drop for that Edited by KristoKal

Blood Hunt issue for many is not difficulty, but insane lag spikes and fps drops at Joss and Valk fight. It become unplayable. Even If I lower setings, no help. Fps is around 10-15 and lag 500-1000+ and I have More than enough rig for swtor. Same is New fp, inside train, its under 10. I do not drop out, but it is pain and I understand if People drop for that

Umbara is literally unplayable for me in a group. Solo it's bearable but it's a junk FP anyway.

Bloodhunt is actually alright for me.

Nah, my pug group back in Meltdown wasn't all that bad by the end of it (bless their noobish hearts). They finally got the mechanic right after another wipe on the sand demon and after coaching them through the rest of the boss fights there were no more wipes till the end of the flashpoint. Though I... SOMEHOW managed to steal agro and tank the jungle creature and the boss at the end... you know what, don't ask.

Speaking of... *hears mentions of Blood Hunt*... *WAR FLASHBACKS*

Ok so... since the subject came back up I feel like I need to share something pretty personal. Blood Hunt and I have... a history together. See, when I que I am not smart enough to un-tick stuff from the lot and just go head-first into the unknown. The week I landed in 5 Master Lost Island runs in a row didn't teach me better ether. But this is not about that, this is about a time a few months ago when I would get ether Blood Hunt or Manaan over and over and over and over and OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN. My guildmates keep saying I am cursed and I believe them. There is no way RNG would be this cruel to me. Also, the pugs I landed in for them were ether hit or miss - one miss in particular though stayed with me to this day.

Anyone remember that one creepy bug where after leaving a group you could still see the chat for that group? Yes, that bug. Well, after dropping a group after 4 wipes on The Happy Mando Couple (I was playing my mara trying to "tank" as the lone level 70 of the group but then again.... maras still very squishy...), see chat light that group blue with my former group getting a replacement and trying again. I let them all know in /whisper that I am still seeing them talking and go on with my day you know, doing stuff like... picking up the Balmorra Heroics, finishing the Balmorra Heroics... joining an ops group for Karaggas Palace... finishing the ops for Karagga's Palace...

I remember being on fleet after the run and watching in horror that blue chat pop much as it has regularly in the past 1+ hour because THEY WERE STILL AT JOS AND VALK. :jawa_eek:

I still don't know if I am impressed by their stamina, awed by their determination or simply horrified they were at it for so long.