The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Assault on Tython veteran mode.

My Commando, another Commando, Vanguard and Shadow. Everyone at 70 except Shadow who was 44.

We go to stand near first objective and wait for Shadow who takes a quite a long time to appear in instance. Maybe computer is slow and it takes a long time to load? No problem here. We wait and wait until Shadow runs straight into enemies that are easy to skip. Maybe a new player? Not an issue. Shadow goes back to medcenter (start). We wait and Shadow decides to go through other way, pulls enemies and dies. Maybe computer is very slow...? Shadow finally gets to where we are but not without using a very weird route. But it's ok, we are all here and ready to do first objective. We destroyed the first objective and Shadow ended up dying again. We go to second objective and wait for Shadow there. Shadow again runs in wrong direction, pulls enemies and dies. Maybe the computer is really, really slow...? I asked what she is doing. No answer. A bit later I asked "why I have a feeling that this will be a long one?" in chat. No comments from anyone.

Shadow gets to us finally and we can do second objective. We continue to third objective and clear it. Next we go to clear the area near the stairs just in case. Shadow pulls other groups near the area and we all die. Commando and Vanguard left. I decided to leave too. 17k in repairs alone (mostly tier 4 gear). No way I'm going to take that second time.

I think I'm probably one of the most tolerant ones in group finder. Some things just put my tolerance to ultimate test.

ok 8/10 for tolerance ... did you think about going back to save their *** ? no ... did you think about going back to get them to follow you to avoid the avoidable ? no ... see where I'm going here ? not everyone knows the routes to avoid things ... first death was a clue ... after that go back and give them a clue ...

ok 8/10 for tolerance ... did you think about going back to save their *** ? no ... did you think about going back to get them to follow you to avoid the avoidable ? no ... see where I'm going here ? not everyone knows the routes to avoid things ... first death was a clue ... after that go back and give them a clue ...

You do know what FP Assault on Tython is, right? You would have to be hunting them in that first area. There's only two groups that will require "a special route" to avoid them. Both of them are in front of the two bridges. There's only four groups of enemies in total in that area. Shadow ran into group on northern part of that island while we were already waiting there. And we all understand that will happen if you haven't done the FP before or for a long time. That wasn't the problem though. Shadow ran into group on south-eastern side of the island multiple times and even when we were already waiting on northern bridge. You are right. We should've gone and helped that person. Who needs basic things like map, right?

Number of enemies in that area is so high that even most experienced raiders will get overwhelmed by it.

Edited by Halinalle

Joined a pug group for DF when it was GF the other day; turned out ot mostly be a guild run. Totally fine for the majority of the op, no wipes at all until Brontes when we finally wipe once during clock phase b/c dps didn't get onto the droids fast enough (myself, one other dps, and the tank were all that was on it and I at least was playing a dot spec). Anyway, we wipe, honestly I wasn't that upset as it was pretty understandable (Kephess popped up when we hit 51%) so just tell dps to ignore Kephess if that happens again, get on droid, and we are good.

Well apparently this wasn't good enough for one of the guildies that was there who starts cussing and shouting in chat at everyone for being so bad and making him pay 125k repair bill (I know legendary is expensive to repair, but I don't think it is quite at that level for 1 wipe yet). And then goes off on a rant talking about how he smokes pot b/c he can't put up with things like this, all while I'm sitting here thinking "damn, and this is how this dude acts to his own guild?". Anyway, eventually someone does a ready check while 1 of the healers is not there, and this guy pulls Brontes when 7 people say ready. So of course, we wipe again. This time the guy stays quiet.

Anyway, we pull for a 3rd time with everyone there, and it goes very smoothly.

This is a story about Manaan. I seem to have been cursed with it - each week one of 5 tacticals are always Manaan...

This week group included - a 40 level mara, a 40 level merc, a 70 lvl healer operative and me (mara 70 level in 246-248 gear) The beginning seemed pretty hopeful - I knew I will have to tank Ortuno, but I learned how to do it, plus with a healer there shouldn't be any problems. Right? Wrong!

After we down Sarisi, merc writes in chat "brb 1 minute" and that's the last I heard of him. He doesn't leave group, doesn't dc, he just leaves his toon standing and goes AFK. I hope whatever it was, it was worth it...

We move forward. I stay a bit behind, because I am busy exploding barrels with colto for achieve. No one seems to mind, then I hear healer telling mara to stop pulling. Before I am able to say anything (I was actually going to agree with the healer), the healer quits group...

Well, there goes my plan to an easy run, Nevermind, we can 3 man this with my 40 level healer Pierce, provided merc comes back and we don't go looking for replacements. So me and mara move forward. I notice that healer was right - mara has a tendency to run ahead alone and attack mobs. He doesnt seem to worry that he is 30 levels below me, and I am the only one here with pocket healer. He also doesn't say a single word. I start typing to tell him don't pull without me, and thats when he says "sorry got to go" and quits group.

This is when my nerves fail me and I start flaming him for ruining my easy run of Manaan. Yes, that was rude, but he deserved it, Alas, even this small relief is denied me - the player left the game, not just FP.

Well, it seems that we have no choice but to find new players, even if it means losing my personal healer Pierce. Except... Except I am not a group leader! The merc is the leader and he's still AFK, and at this point chances of his return are as real as Santa Claus.

I am pissed off and annoyed, I want to finish this god damned FP!. So I press forward, since the way is free - mara left just before the corridor leading to Ortuno, I do my best to solo him, but i can't do anything about adds, so they multiply.and not even 40 level Pierce can help me agains boss and 4 adds...

I die, res, and notice that merc is gone, I highly doubt he came back, most likely the game kicked him. So now I am all alone, not in group or GF, and my personal phase is all ****ed up, so I can't que anyway.

I am forced to admit an utter defeat and return to fleet to que again. And because RNG gods hate me with a passion of thousand stars, i get Manaan... again. This time i get 20 lvl PT, 70 lvl ops dps, and level 50 dps. Amazingly enough, the run goes perfectly, I think PT died once on trash, but that's what you get for being a 20 level in SOR flashpoint.

And so it was proven once again - Manaan itself is not a problem, Ortuno is not a problem, its players being ******es.

Joined a pug group for DF when it was GF the other day; turned out ot mostly be a guild run. Totally fine for the majority of the op, no wipes at all until Brontes when we finally wipe once during clock phase b/c dps didn't get onto the droids fast enough (myself, one other dps, and the tank were all that was on it and I at least was playing a dot spec). Anyway, we wipe, honestly I wasn't that upset as it was pretty understandable (Kephess popped up when we hit 51%) so just tell dps to ignore Kephess if that happens again, get on droid, and we are good.

Well apparently this wasn't good enough for one of the guildies that was there who starts cussing and shouting in chat at everyone for being so bad and making him pay 125k repair bill (I know legendary is expensive to repair, but I don't think it is quite at that level for 1 wipe yet). And then goes off on a rant talking about how he smokes pot b/c he can't put up with things like this, all while I'm sitting here thinking "damn, and this is how this dude acts to his own guild?". Anyway, eventually someone does a ready check while 1 of the healers is not there, and this guy pulls Brontes when 7 people say ready. So of course, we wipe again. This time the guy stays quiet.

Anyway, we pull for a 3rd time with everyone there, and it goes very smoothly.

I blame the Eagles :rak_09:

This might be against the spirit of the thread, since I wasn't grouped at the time, but it does involve a group activity.

Two days ago I was in the Rakghoul tunnels with my Sage healer and picked up the Heroic, but while running the dailies no other Republic player entered the tunnels, though there were a few Imps running around. Since I was the only one there from my faction and had no one to group with, I decided to put Qyzen on tank and run the Heroic 4 solo, something I've done before. It is time consuming but it can easily be done. It just requires not standing in stupid, fighting in an area clear of mob spawns, keeping your tank companion's health topped up, strategic use of the Heroic Moment, and good force management. In between heals you deal damage.

While battling one of the three elites you need to kill as a quest objective an Imp group in the heroic area started to watch, spamming point and laugh emotes or cheer emotes for the Rakghoul. If that was just garden variety trolling of someone from the opposite faction I wouldn't mind it, but I got the impression that they thought I had gone Leeroy Jenkins, was going to die, and that the content couldn't be solo'd. *That* was the part I found annoying.

In any case I cleared the heroic, but they had gotten bored and left before then.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I had a slightly odd one the other day. I was on my 70 marauder, doing assault on tython with two low level snipers and a healer merc. It takes a little while to get through the first boss, but everyone knew the flashpoint, so it was a minor issue. The snipers triggered the flesh raider champion, but it's an easy fight, so I don't really mind (easier than jumping to the shortcut half the time). The weird part came on the turrets.

Now, we clear the first turret, and stop to heal up, and the healer proceeds to run forward and aggro the next two turrets worth of mobs (is this a tactic used, I've never seen it). So, predation comes out to boost us over to the swarmed healer, and we easily gun down the swarm (beserk+doubles saber throw (clipped)+ execute+ aoe slash ability+ 2x sniper aoe abilities make short work of the mobs).

Then the healer leaves, no comment. Out comes Vette, we finish the flashpoint.

Edited by Villingen

This one is a little uplifting, so I'd thought I would share it.

70 Marauder again, in Manaan with a 70 merc healer, a 70 dps merc, and a 25 dps operative. We die on Ortuno twice with another group member before the dps merc got there, the operative being caught in flow both times.

At this point, the operative asks why he keeps dying, so we tell him about the water (he doesn't die again after that). So this round, the merc gets aggro immediately, and starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off, but, eventually, I pull threat. Its at this point I notice the lack of green from the healer. She uses the big heal, but not the aoe heals (I know she has them as she used them earlier). I can run to the kolto stations fast enough that it does not matter, and we kill the boss.

This is the uplifting part, since the merc dps had gold fever, that left the 25 operative to take the adds while I "tanked", I would usually have to finish off one, but he always managed the other. That, and I noticed these small 2500 heals appearing on me. The dps operative was actively trying to heal me! I'll be honest, any dps that goes out of their way to off-heal when needed (so long as there is no enrage to worry about) gets points in my book.

Overall, a successful Manaan run with a new player who 1) asked questions 2) managed adds to the best of his abilities 3) off-healed a dps "tank" in Manaan.

Players who:

- don't read chat or don't use it at all

- pull boss and lock one player out even though we just told him to wait for last one (that reading the chat part, I guess)

- jump to boss, completely ignoring the fact that they are level 25 and locking everyone else out (at least can't blame for not trying)

- clear 2 out of 3 things before first boss in Assault on Tython in few seconds (they disappear, enter combat and die -> objectives done)

Manaan veteran mode

My level 70 operative and 3 lowbies. Start is very promising.

At one point one of the lowbies dc'd and never came back. We get to first boss and there's vote kick on dc'd players. I wait to see if the person gets kicked and if they want to use companion for first boss. No, we start the fight. Both lowbies die and since I already wasted combat rez earlier in the fight it's not available anymore. I try to sttealth out to avoid dying. Didn't work, still in combat. Next best thing to avoid dying and getting repair bill is to solo it. One of the lowbies left and other one stayed. I finished the fight alone running around like a headless chicken clicking everything I could. I said that this is not going to work and other player agreed.

DF SM is in GF today, come on, I need CXP, let's do it. Me on tank, LFG DF via GF on fleet, raid assembled soon. We queue, load in.

"Isn't it DP?" someone asks, starts good, at least one person that cannot read. Nevermind, let's pull.

I pull the 2 guardians at the start, soon 2 more of them join. IDK who pulled them, it's a mess anyway, some ppl die, we kill them, yay. While getting to the boss someone manages to pull the 5th guy too, just for lolz.

Ready check, let's go, it's Nefra, what can go wrong. I start the fight. Boss hits for over 100k, but nobody seems to come in front of the boss with me. We keep going, at one point I get a full damage hit, 126k, R.I.P. tank. Sorcerer healer cries about noone going in front, but of course he wouldn't move there himself, because that's too hard for pugs.

2 people get globalled while I get rezzed, taunting the boss back, still nobody in front. An unmitigated hit again, R.I.P. tank #2. Of course we wipe, one DPS leaves, healer keeps going on about how s*it everyone is, another guy leaves. Ye, it was fun, see you later, I quit the group too.

Oh, it's weekend at TRE. I understand everything. See you all on Monday.

DF SM is in GF today, come on, I need CXP, let's do it. Me on tank, LFG DF via GF on fleet, raid assembled soon. We queue, load in.

"Isn't it DP?" someone asks, starts good, at least one person that cannot read. Nevermind, let's pull.

I pull the 2 guardians at the start, soon 2 more of them join. IDK who pulled them, it's a mess anyway, some ppl die, we kill them, yay. While getting to the boss someone manages to pull the 5th guy too, just for lolz.

Ready check, let's go, it's Nefra, what can go wrong. I start the fight. Boss hits for over 100k, but nobody seems to come in front of the boss with me. We keep going, at one point I get a full damage hit, 126k, R.I.P. tank. Sorcerer healer cries about noone going in front, but of course he wouldn't move there himself, because that's too hard for pugs.

2 people get globalled while I get rezzed, taunting the boss back, still nobody in front. An unmitigated hit again, R.I.P. tank #2. Of course we wipe, one DPS leaves, healer keeps going on about how s*it everyone is, another guy leaves. Ye, it was fun, see you later, I quit the group too.

Oh, it's weekend at TRE. I understand everything. See you all on Monday.

Given you need 2 people to queue as tank for GF, you had 2 tanks, so the other tank was in the wrong spot. His fault. You shouldn't expect the healer to do the tanks job, and honestly, if you needed a healer to do that for Nefra, probably better you found this out early on in the op instead of wasting anymore time.

Given you need 2 people to queue as tank for GF, you had 2 tanks, so the other tank was in the wrong spot. His fault. You shouldn't expect the healer to do the tanks job, and honestly, if you needed a healer to do that for Nefra, probably better you found this out early on in the op instead of wasting anymore time.

Everyone does it with 1 tank and one DPS just fake queueing as a 2nd tank.

Also, there's nothing to do there, other than standing in front of the boss and doing the same thing you'd normally be doing. I "did" it multiple times as healer, and it just works. Unlike not doing it, which just makes it a wipe on probably the easiest boss of all raids.

Red Reaper HM

Clear first group of trash and tank DCs, after a while a kick goes through. Person to join the group is actually a DPS so we don't have a tank. We die a lot on the trash right after the elevator and a DPS DCs and is kicked. I think we had reached first boss by this point. Another DPS joins and quickly leaves, and we kill first boss with 3 people and companion.

More deaths on trash, another DPS joins and tank realises he is not a tank. The DPS who just joined leaves. We kill more trash with 3 people and get to second boss, then a tank joins. We go back to CC an enemy so the tank can get past, and the tank says the trash is easy to kill.

On the second boss, the tank's strategy is to hide from the laser instead of following mechanics. I end up doing all of the clicks, and we kill the boss but it takes a long time. Afterwards only the tank and I are alive, so I kite the remaining enemies around hoping the tank will kill them but they say that they're bugged on their screen.

After the elevator, I unlock the shortcut but we start going long way round. We die on first group of trash and the tank quits. Afterwards we go the short way round and get to the boss. Despite it taking a long time with me being bad at controlling my companion, we eventually kill the last boss.

I think the FP took about 1 hour 20 minutes.

so I kite the remaining enemies around hoping the tank will kill them but they say that they're bugged on their screen.

I will never understand that strategy. Ignoring everything else and going straight to boss. You have to kill the enemies in front of console anyway so why not do it before boss? I've only seen this strategy used twice in hundreds of Red Reaper runs I've done.

Edited by Halinalle

I ran the entirety of the False Emperor Flashpoint with a group that kicked me because I didn't space bar the cutscene immediately before you fight Malgus.

So I did all the work to finish the quest and got nothing for it but a 26,000 credit repair bill for my gear.

I ran the entirety of the False Emperor Flashpoint with a group that kicked me because I didn't space bar the cutscene immediately before you fight Malgus.

So I did all the work to finish the quest and got nothing for it but a 26,000 credit repair bill for my gear.

Did you not spacebar the scenes with Arkous Wode (sp?) and/or HK-47, and they only kicked you because of the final scene? That's pretty cold. They should have said something during the first one if it bothered them that much.

Hammer Station Vet on my Merc. If I remember correctly other were assassin tank, merc dps and sorc healer.

I start as Bodyguard because I've been trying to get healing set build on side but quickly realize it and say I have to respec. We get through everything without big issues apart from me ripping aggro from level 55 assassin constantly, aggro drop on cooldown. I say that BW should really buff tank aggro generation. Minor thing really but I've heard that some raid teams are struggling with it. I have gotten so used to tanking on my Commando/Merc that I have completely forgot how boring everything is if it doesn't happen.

We get to two turrets and after destroying them assassin leaves without saying anything. I started feeling bad about it later yesterday evening. I really hope he/she didn't discouraged from what I said about aggro generation on general level.

Athiss Vet on my Commando. This time I'm the weird one I guess. This time as healer. Vanguard tank, shadow dps and can't remember last one. We get to second boss without big issues. Maybe a bit too boring run for me so far. Add management isn't perfect but they get killed sooner or later. Near the end of fight I get swarmed by last set of adds and almost die because I try to kill them instead of spam healing myself. After the fight I apologize for being bad healer and we continue. We go through the long way without big issues. Only ones additional champion was pulled before previous one died. Last boss fight goes without big issues.

Edit: I just have to add this.

Cademimu Vet

Very weird guardian who didn't even have a real name on character. He wanted everyone to skip in cutscene before last boss. Because I refused to skip after "skip" appeared on chat guardian decided to cancel the cutscene for everyone and we had to watch it again. Brilliant move there...

Edited by Halinalle

There are some scenes that I just won't skip, no matter how many times I've done the flashpoint.

HK-47 in the Foundry and False Emperor, Kilran saying... anything (I love his evil sexy voice too much) and... nope, that's about it. HK and Kilran. Anything else I would be fine spacebar-ing it if the rest of the group is in a hurry.

There are some scenes that I just won't skip, no matter how many times I've done the flashpoint.

HK-47 in the Foundry and False Emperor, Kilran saying... anything (I love his evil sexy voice too much) and... nope, that's about it. HK and Kilran. Anything else I would be fine spacebar-ing it if the rest of the group is in a hurry.

Everything you listed has a story/solomode. If you so want to see/hear this stuff, do it in solo mode.

For stuff that doesn't have a solo mode, I'm fine with not skipping in vet/tactical.

But if you're in a HM/Master Mode FP, skip that sh*t.

Everything you listed has a story/solomode. If you so want to see/hear this stuff, do it in solo mode.

I believe this is where I say "Make me". My willingness to skip conversations and cut-scenes has a tendency to mysteriously evaporate when people are rude about it. Ask nicely and I'm likely to comply. Act like a jerk about it and I'm not ;)

I believe this is where I say "Make me". My willingness to skip conversations and cut-scenes has a tendency to mysteriously evaporate when people are rude about it. Ask nicely and I'm likely to comply. Act like a jerk about it and I'm not ;)

I'm the same way. I'm never in any "hurry" and any time someone demands that I skip cutscenes, I usually don't. If they are polite about it, then I will.