The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I got a couple stories.

In some operations I've been in some players would leave the group at the oddest moments. In the fight with Calphayus in DP, one healer rage-quitted when she did not get to the portals fast enough and got herself killed, we managed to clear the boss in the end. Another instance happened when a DPS left without explanation after we beat the Dread Guards in TFB, what's even more puzzling is he did not win any loot. I had a similar case after clearing Calphayus in a different run as well.

In Mandalorian Raiders we had a lowbie DPS around level 20ish who always seems to run ahead on her own and aggro all the mobs. Our group got wiped by a massive amount of mobs that were aggroed. We vote-kicked her afterward. Those Salky Hound mobs are brutal even on tactical mode.

Not GF but ran probably the worst HM EV I have ever seen over the weekend.

Joined a group as a DPS and went in.

First boss:

Someone triggers the turrets before everyone gets in and dies (should have known to drop right there). Anyway, we kill the turrets and start the fight. "I am armed with 24 blah blah blah" comes up and everyone collapses on the boss ... except for one person who dies and then says "***" in chat. He gets rezzed and the boss goes down fine.

Second boss:

One DPS D/C'd so we tried to do it with 7 people. The Sorc healer then dies on the first platform. Says he was taking "too much damage" which is odd because the tank didn't lose agro on the boss. I'm not sure why we didn't battle rez him but we may have already used it on a DPS. We got through a few more platforms (and a few more deaths) before the boss enraged and we restarted. The D/C'd player was kicked and we got a replacement. Fight went smoothly and we killed the boss (and, of course, the replacement player gets the gear piece).

Third boss:

This is where is all went to hell. Sorc healer couldn't tell north from south and it took us over 5 minutes to get them to move to the pylon where they were supposed to be. Someone (group leader I think) put the combination to the north pylon in chat and then someone started the fight. From what I can gather the following then happened on the north pylon:

First try:

Even though combination was given, people were clicking the wrong directions (and then not locking correct code). Took too long, Acklay wipe.

Second try:

Arguing ensues amongst players on if they're using the combination or just all going right. Looks like they decide to click all right and the fight starts. Only 2 people are clicking even though they are saying they need a third to click. Finally a third person clicks and clicks left. Acklay wipe.

Third try:

Clicking all right again but only 1 or 2 people clicking on north even though it has been said multiple times that they need 3 clickers. Ran out of time, killed the Acklays and then someone restarted immediately.

Fourth try:

A total disaster. One person drops group and then the leader proceeds to kick (I assume everyone out of the group).

From what I was able to see in achievements, this was the first time at least 2 people in group even stepped foot in EV and nobody was giving any directions. If you've never done an op before speak up before the ops starts. Also, you probably don't want to jump right into HM on it.

Another instance happened when a DPS left without explanation after we beat the Dread Guards in TFB, what's even more puzzling is he did not win any loot.

My guess is he left BECAUSE he did not win any loot ?

I once almost did so, years ago. I was so much frustrated, because I almost never (no joke !) won anything apart from Credits and the usual stuff everyone gets. And because of that constant ( ! ) bad luck I stopped raiding. I just didn't want to feel that frustration over and over again. (I ned to say, though, that I was only a casual raider, then).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

GF may be broken atm, but it doesn't stop weird people from being weird!

Last night, Republic Fleet, I am on my female commando Xatra (because Jennifer Hale's voice is awesome) in the raid for KP HM. We are missing only a tank, so I help look for him. Some guy whispers to me, that he'll join, if I call him cute. Hmm... I toy with idea of teliing him that I am actually a straight male, not interested in random strangers on Internet, but hey, it's Internet, everybody got issues plus it's late and we really need a tank. So.,..

Me: You are so cute!

Guy: Thank you! I am so shy!

The guy proceeds to join the op, we go inside, and then... First he says he's high (which would explain a lot, lol), Then he asks again to call him cute, this time in ops chat, twice, second time using caps. Believe it or not, I was actually typing "You are the cutest guy in the world, if you will tank this op", when the conversation went onwards, so i never actually said it (thank god)

Guy: So what are we doing?

Raid: KP HM

Guy: Sorry, I don't do PvE. I am gonna go bang Xatra instead. Bye!

And then he leaves group. Nevermind that my message in the chat was very clear about what we need a tank for. No one in group says anything, but I apologized for inviting a clearly crazy person anyway.

We get another tank, and start the op. And then the same guy that just left whispers me that he loves me and asks me for my phone number. At this point I am way past trying to be reasonable. so I just put him on ignore. Minute later another guy is whispering me asking If I want to have sex. I put him on ignore too. And then it all finally stops. Either the guy finally got the hint, or he simply run out of alts on Rep side.

Funny... I have been flamed many times in SWtor and beyond, but this kind of harasssment is completely new to me.

GF may be broken atm, but it doesn't stop weird people from being weird!

Last night, Republic Fleet, I am on my female commando Xatra (because Jennifer Hale's voice is awesome) in the raid for KP HM. We are missing only a tank, so I help look for him. Some guy whispers to me, that he'll join, if I call him cute. Hmm... I toy with idea of teliing him that I am actually a straight male, not interested in random strangers on Internet, but hey, it's Internet, everybody got issues plus it's late and we really need a tank. So.,..

Me: You are so cute!

Guy: Thank you! I am so shy!

The guy proceeds to join the op, we go inside, and then... First he says he's high (which would explain a lot, lol), Then he asks again to call him cute, this time in ops chat, twice, second time using caps. Believe it or not, I was actually typing "You are the cutest guy in the world, if you will tank this op", when the conversation went onwards, so i never actually said it (thank god)

Guy: So what are we doing?

Raid: KP HM

Guy: Sorry, I don't do PvE. I am gonna go bang Xatra instead. Bye!

And then he leaves group. Nevermind that my message in the chat was very clear about what we need a tank for. No one in group says anything, but I apologized for inviting a clearly crazy person anyway.

We get another tank, and start the op. And then the same guy that just left whispers me that he loves me and asks me for my phone number. At this point I am way past trying to be reasonable. so I just put him on ignore. Minute later another guy is whispering me asking If I want to have sex. I put him on ignore too. And then it all finally stops. Either the guy finally got the hint, or he simply run out of alts on Rep side.

Funny... I have been flamed many times in SWtor and beyond, but this kind of harasssment is completely new to me.

You should definitely report that dude.

Ok this should be short, but weird.

Mando DPS > me

HS MM

Others: Van Tank, Mando DPS, Heals ( I think another mando)

Immediately the tank says, "Mind my marks I'm going to LOS." Stuns the first big droid, runs to the other 2 small droids and pulls the big droid in. We AOE and done. He drops his "marks" right there and proceeds to get the next 4 droids and all those other droids including the 2 big ones. I stun one but I think it was hit. So like 8 droids coming down the hall. 4 of them target me because I'll los but not all the way back to the beginning. So I start shooting. I thought about popping Echoing Det and aoe'ing them but the tank would have probably blown an aneurysm seeing a non-tank kill 2 elites in MM w/o dying.

Let me just remind everyone again: THIS IS HS MM. The 3rd easiest FP in the game. MM or SM.

Tank drops his "marks" again. The next set of droids are what... 4 easy ones and one strong behind the thingie? Stun the strong, kill the easy ones. Done. Oh no, we must LOS. Whatever.... The next 4 super easy droids, are los again, but by this time I'm just killing them w/o the LOS. We don't use shortcut. FIne. We're doing bonus.

Some more unnecessary LOS and we get to the big droid boss. I notice the 3 of them are running around the droid to the far side corner area. I stop waiting for the tank to attack. Nothing. "Dude get over here." Or something.

This is exactly what I type: " This is just HS. Why can't we just do this regular? It's an easy FP. We all do it daily these days." Sigh.... I start to run over to the far side.

Healer says, " Don't disrupt the efficiency of the speed of the flash point or you will be kicked."

Wait, huh? Did I just read that? So I look at their names and titles and sure enough they are all in the same guild. By the time the tank taunts the droid over we would have had his health down to 50%. :confused: You don't need to do all that crap. The little droids are easy to avoid. Wait for them to go red, step away. Clean tank. Done. So I put 3 weirdos on ignore, and left.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH GUILDS! I think I've spend all for 3 days total in a guild in my whole gaming life. So the behavior is foreign to me. Some of these guilds are like cults. The players never play with anybody outside of the guild. I've learned SOOOO much from other players outside guilds on these FPs. Sure you run into the a-holes,. but players like this have no clue what they're missing outside their bubble. Efficiency? It's actually rather sad. Give me 3 players that know their stuff and don't need the gimmicks (LOS is a good thing sometimes) and I'm happy as a clam. :D

Anyway.. weird. :)

You know, sometimes people running FP in guilds are training new guys into it. I'm not saying HS needs a lot of training, but flashpoints in general do have specific dos and don'ts. There are way too many stupid dps running out there ahead of the team not knowing the mechanics or even their own class properly, causing nothing but grief to the rest of the group. It's not that important who leads the attack in SM FP, but if you pug into a HM FP and do that, you're just being an *** who doesn't understand team work. For a tank, it's really annoying because you are robbing his role in the group, especially if you attack a wrong mob and tank is out of taunts. Let the tank do his job and you do yours, and everyone is happy. Or if you really want to lead the attack, just roll a tank.

On my level 70 VG tank, solo queued for daily GF on veteran mode, get a mid-50s guildie healer, a below level 20 tank, and a low 60s scoundrel dps. It's Depths of Manaan, took ages to kill first boss which was expected with just one dps so I start to think the other 2 bosses will be trouble. Ortuno took quite a while but beat it pretty easily so yay. Get to last boss, start the fight. The low level tank immediately goes and stands next to a kolto station for at least 20 seconds doing nothing :confused: Healer has to tell him to go attack the boss. The scoundrel dps evidently thinks he's a gunslinger and stays ranged for the majority of the fight. :confused: Of course when I get spin kicked, he gets aggro and takes a long time to get the boss to the fire. Thought I'd see the timer run out for just the 2nd time ever, but pretty sure they nerfed that boss on veteran mode with 5.0 so we cleared it even with this band of strangeness.

On my dps guardian, random queue for master mode, get Czerka Corporate Labs, multiple wipes on first boss, disband. On first pull, first electric plating, commando dps stands in water and literally dies in 5 seconds. Never gets b-rezzed, hit enrage, wipe. Healer apparently didn't know what his battle rez was...as the commando who was in the same guild had to tell him the ability after I asked if they had the ability on their bars. The pulls after that... just downhill.

Sometimes I wonder why I queue for flashpoints. :rolleyes:

Some more unnecessary LOS and we get to the big droid boss. I notice the 3 of them are running around the droid to the far side corner area. I stop waiting for the tank to attack. Nothing. "Dude get over here." Or something.

This is actually a thing? I've probably done Hammer Station well over a hundred times and I've never heard of this :D

Sometimes I wonder why I queue for flashpoints. :rolleyes:

To experience stuff like this? Seriously, FP's that go through smoothly are boring as f*ck, so it's these groups that actually add entertainment imo :)

This is actually a thing? I've probably done Hammer Station well over a hundred times and I've never heard of this :D

Jupp. I main tank and I also do this. For the first big group with two goldies and the group right before it. It's simply easier to tank them when they are all in one place.

Edited by Torvai

To experience stuff like this? Seriously, FP's that go through smoothly are boring as f*ck, so it's these groups that actually add entertainment imo :)

Jupp. I main tank and I also do this. For the first big group with two goldies and the group right before it. It's simply easier to tank them when they are all in one place.

That and (supposed to be easy) cxp/conquest points. Darn you game. :rolleyes:

I/that part of the quote was referring to the first boss, not the opening mob around the corner.

My #1 frustration with pugs (inexperienced players through GF) is their lack of understanding the abilities of their classes. Saw a sage melee attacking with a lightsaber all the time while a sage is without a doubt a ranged spec...

If you join harder group content then the average tactical FP. Please KNOW YOUR ROTATIONS!!!! Tactics can be explained but is a lot harder to explain how to maximize DPS, Healing or be an efficient tank. Read your abilities once a while and look at Class guides on sites like Dulfy.

This is a tip I hope (new) players take to heart, because the game will become so much more enjoyable for everyone.

Furthermore guilds and programs like discord and starparse will help you become better over time but try to learn the basics of ROTATIONS first.

Thank you and now we all can enjoy this game :D

It allow to avoid exploding probes.

Sometime ago i was using this tactics but...

Apparently some people think that 5 seconds of LoS pull will cause armageddon or something. So they prefer chaotic movement to avoid those probes instead of showing full potential of their DPS.

This logic is beyond me.

Edited by Kingsbount

It allow to avoid exploding probes.

Sometime ago i was using this tactics but...

Apparently some people think that 5 seconds of LoS pull will cause armageddon or something. So they prefer chaotic movement to avoid those probes instead of showing full potential of their DPS.

This logic is beyond me.

Those probes are very easy to dodge. Just wait for them to stop moving and go red and then step away a bit. I can't imagine any class losing any dps by doing that. What are you doing on high mobility fights? Blame the tank for not letting you stand still? Even if you do have to take the hit from the probes... That's what DCDs are for.

This weird LoS pull will be more trouble than just killing the boss.

Those probes are very easy to dodge. Just wait for them to stop moving and go red and then step away a bit. I can't imagine any class losing any dps by doing that. What are you doing on high mobility fights? Blame the tank for not letting you stand still? Even if you do have to take the hit from the probes... That's what DCDs are for.

This weird LoS pull will be more trouble than just killing the boss.

Wow... Just... wow...

Seriously dude?

The cost for BEING hit or NOT BEING hit is 3-4 seconds.

It's good for all group.

DPS don't have to move and just keep doing their job.

Healers don't have to move and just keep doing their job.

Tanks don't have to move and just keep doing their job.

So... Which arguments you have?

Also it's Hammer Station... if you're having dps problems on first boss that you need to use a cheese to increase uptime. Well, dunno what to say lol. It literally takes one second to move away from the probes.

Or you can just stay safe complitely. Feel the difference?

Wow... Just... wow...

Seriously dude?

The cost for BEING hit or NOT BEING hit is 3-4 seconds.

It's good for all group.

DPS don't have to move and just keep doing their job.

Healers don't have to move and just keep doing their job.

Tanks don't have to move and just keep doing their job.

So... Which arguments you have?

A good dps, healer or tank doesn't loose any dps/hps because he has to move 2 meters. You ca literally do that during a gcd and it won't impact your uptime one bit.

Edited by Torvai

Done HS Tactical and Hm so many times that lost count long ago. Its easyest fp, sometimes we just grind HM with friend (both shadows) for cxp. Never seen or even heard about that tactic. Maybe it was valid when long time ago, but now, its just runthrough fight, just step aside time to time and nuke, Most simple bossfight. You do not need to run around, let probes come to you and step out, no los of dps. If you have trouble with that, well, I dont know...

A good dps, healer or tank doesn't loose any dps/hps because he has to move 2 meters. You ca literally do that during a gcd and it won't impact your uptime one bit.

Well, a good tank (or a player) will use anything to remove negative impact on the fight, ya know.

And this is the case. If there's a way to prevent adds spawn (and possible damage to the group) - i will use it.

That's the tank job - protect the group and find a way to avoid unnesessery damage.

And this tactic provide this protection.

I guess you never thought about that don't you?

Problem is that most people will RAGING about those 3-4 seconds like it's gonna kill them.

Well, a good tank (or a player) will use anything to remove negative impact on the fight, ya know.

And this is the case. If there's a way to prevent adds spawn (and possible damage to the group) - i will use it.

That's the tank job - protect the group and find a way to avoid unnesessery damage.

And this tactic provide this protection.

I guess you never thought about that don't you?

Problem is that most people will RAGING about those 3-4 seconds like it's gonna kill them.

I have tanked, healed and dps'd HS MM. As a healer the dps rarely take damage. if they do, it's a quick heal up and rarely below 90% health and then healed to full. DPS doesn't have to break rotation. As long as the tank's dot is cleaned at 5ish, you will barely lose health on the tank. If the tank and both dps take a hit ( :eek: God forbid) a little roaming mend or aoe heal gets them back to full.

By the time the group ran around the boss to the back of the cave and pulled the boss over, the tank could have just started the fight and be 10% into it.

But, if you're one of those new players that uses a healer comp while questing on Taris then yeah a 3% health loss scares you. Both my imp and pub mains are healers. Health loss is part of the game. Getting the group back to full health in seconds is nothing too. SIde note: I laugh so hard on tactical FPs when I see a dps break off and run to the kolto tank when they lose 3% health. :D

They say "let the tank do their job and pull the mobs." Well let your healer do their job too. We don't just want to stand there. I enjoy healing. I'm useful when the tank and dps are taking damage. I want that. And to really blow your mind... I like it when the tank forgets to los a big group and it's all crazy and healths are dropping. That's actually fun. And more times than not... nobody dies.

My 2 credits....:)

Edited by Zerileth

Snip

20 times this. Couldn't have said it better myself.

No need to overcomplicate fights. I rarely do HS MM runs for cxp as it bores me but even when I do and people want it done ASAP, they just run into the cave, start the fight right away and kill it in couple minutes. Even full stealth groups which are like the definition of speedrunning HS don't do this tactic. It's a waste.

20 times this. Couldn't have said it better myself.

No need to overcomplicate fights. I rarely do HS MM runs for cxp as it bores me but even when I do and people want it done ASAP, they just run into the cave, start the fight right away and kill it in couple minutes. Even full stealth groups which are like the definition of speedrunning HS don't do this tactic. It's a waste.

It's like the people who take the super complicated route to avoid the 2 trash mobs in EV. I mean I guess it is technically a little faster, and if you are in a good group go for it, but seriously in a pug just kill them. Someone will screw up 3/4 of the time, and then it adds 5 minutes onto it (10 if they panic and pull 30 other trash groups).

I found these days most GF tanks seem to be absolutely obsessed with LoS pulls. It's interesting.

Not obsessed. But for big, spread out groups, why not? Makes tanking AND dpsing them down easier and faster.