The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

And most of them suck...

Which also makes me think that a lot of people prefer the mercenary over the powertech simply because the mercenary can dual wield. Which is why I think powertechs are becoming rare :(.

Which also makes me think that a lot of people prefer the mercenary over the powertech simply because the mercenary can dual wield. Which is why I think powertechs are becoming rare :(.

Yeah, it's probably that more than anything else honestly.

Yeah, it's probably that more than anything else honestly.

This is also why a lot of people prefer the marauder over the juggernaut. Some people simply think that ''ooh if it can wield two pistols or two lightsabers its obviously way better than the class that can only wield one weapon''. I will stop my little rant now and let this thread get back on topic :).

Edited by cefert

This is also why a lot of people prefer the marauder over the juggernaut. Some people simply think that ''ooh if it can wield two pistols or two lightsabers its obviously way better than the class that can only wield one weapon''. I will stop my little rant now and let this thread get back on topic :).

I actually made my scoundrel because I couldn't give a damn about 2 guns and I wanted a shotgun :p

I actually made my scoundrel because I couldn't give a damn about 2 guns and I wanted a shotgun :p

I'd never play a scoundrel for that very reason.

Pulling a shotgun out of your *** to shoot someone else in their *** then stashing it away in your *** again... just isn't my thing.

Disagreements on scoundrels anal storage should be started with a picture demonstrating where exactly on the exterior of a scoundrel this shotgun is kept.

Edited by Gyronamics

I guess Captain Jack from Doctor Who was a Scoundrel, then...

Jack: Now hold on, ladies, I don't want to have to shoot either one of you.

Trin-E: But you're unarmed!

Zu-Zana: You're naked! But...that's a compact laser deluxe!

Trin-E: Where were you hiding that?!

Jack: You really don't wanna know.

This took place a little while ago , though not weird but I found it annoying

I was on my darkness specced sith sin tanking mando raiders sm. The group consisted of a jug dps, mara dps and an operative healer. So everything is going swell and okay but up until about a little bit of the way through the fp I notice that our jug dps is now starting to pull ahead of me. I thought to my self that he probably thinks I'm going to slow but IMO I think I tank at a pretty decent pace.

We get to the first boss and I notice the jug dps has pulled ahead of me on the boss. So I jump in put dark ward on and away I go... I use discharge to grab aggro off the jug dps and we down the boss no problem. After the boss fight I asked the jugg via a whisper why he pulled ahead of me and I got no response. So on the next mob the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again. I warn him via a whisper to stop pulling ahead of me.

Fast forward to the boarding party bosses and before I can put target markers on the bosses the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again. After we down the boarding party I yell at the jug via group chat to stop pulling ahead of me but that does not do anything...

Now we get to the second last mob in the fp (the one before the 2 gold turrets). We were going to fight this mob because the mara dps and the healer wanted to do the bonus boss and as soon as I go to activate dark ward the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again.

I am now really annoyed at this point so after we down the mob I threaten the jugg dps with a vote kick if he keeps up what he is doing and miraculously the jugg finally knocks it off and stops pulling ahead of me :D and we finish the fp with ease.

Give me your feedback folks was I being a bit too harsh? or being a bit too extreme?

Edited by cefert

Give me your feedback folks was I being a bit too harsh? or being a bit too extreme?

Well, if he were a Mara you would have been out of line because by definition the Mara is the true leader of the group, and has responsibility for pulling. But he was just a Jugg so you were fine. If he wanted to be taken seriously, he would have gotten another lightsaber.

This took place a little while ago , though not weird but I found it annoying

I was on my darkness specced sith sin tanking mando raiders sm. The group consisted of a jug dps, mara dps and an operative healer. So everything is going swell and okay but up until about a little bit of the way through the fp I notice that our jug dps is now starting to pull ahead of me. I thought to my self that he probably thinks I'm going to slow but IMO I think I tank at a pretty decent pace.

We get to the first boss and I notice the jug dps has pulled ahead of me on the boss. So I jump in put dark ward on and away I go... I use discharge to grab aggro off the jug dps and we down the boss no problem. After the boss fight I asked the jugg via a whisper why he pulled ahead of me and I got no response. So on the next mob the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again. I warn him via a whisper to stop pulling ahead of me.

Fast forward to the boarding party bosses and before I can put target markers on the bosses the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again. After we down the boarding party I yell at the jug via group chat to stop pulling ahead of me but that does not do anything...

Now we get to the second last mob in the fp (the one before the 2 gold turrets). We were going to fight this mob because the mara dps and the healer wanted to do the bonus boss and as soon as I go to activate dark ward the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again.

I am now really annoyed at this point so after we down the mob I threaten the jugg dps with a vote kick if he keeps up what he is doing and miraculously the jugg finally knocks it off and stops pulling ahead of me :D and we finish the fp with ease.

Not at all to both, imo. You did warn him twice before using the Votekick card... I tend to do the same myself. :o

as soon as I go to activate dark ward the jugg dps pulls ahead of me again.

Does anyone know why they do this?

It's almost like they think Kinetic Ward/Dark Ward is offensive ability and it's safe to jump in when they see it.

Edited by Halinalle

Not at all to both, imo. You did warn him twice before using the Votekick card... I tend to do the same myself. :o

Thank you for your feed back Cox. I feel pretty bad about myself when I actually have to threaten a dps with a vote kick for them to change their tune :(.

Running Cadiemu with my shadow dps

grouped with guardian tank, scoundrel healer and sentinal dps

First few pulls it becomes clear the sent, needing on everything, is a ninja looter.

I bring it up but tank and healer dont mind, they are in the same mindset as me that the gear dropped in this mission is lower stats than what the 3 of us are wearing so none of us are using it as gearing run.

We therefore ignore the ninjaing, though do point out in future he ought not to as most people will be annoyed. He is rather rude to us for trying to explain loot system to him, but its clear us 3 are in laid-back/relaxed moods today. Hence why we put up with his constant chain pulling ahead of the tank and abuse towards healer as he often dropped below 70% hp (though no body ever died, and the tank didnt call out for heals during 1 or 2 close calls).

We go through the mission us three being generally mild-mannered while this sent is clearly in a bad mood, but eventually get to the final boss.

We just finished the console conversation and all set off towards the boss. As soon as the sent steps through the door he force leaps and pulls, shutting the door with me still outside. I hang around outside the door while the tank and healer (sent died to first jet of flames) finish the fight.

The loot drops (willpower body, aim implant). Tank and healer greed. Now as I see it I have not contributed at all to the fight, in these cases I pass on any loot regardless as I see it as unfair me taking loot for a fight I didnt part-take in (though IMO it was the sent's fault), so I pass on everything. Ofc no-one can complain in any way about me clicking pass, infact previously when I pass (I often do) some people have added me to friend list (main reason I do it, FP's are much better when you just fill a group off the friend list, no long queues). However I am clearly wrong, people do take offence when I pass:

Sent: "lol <my name> you noob, you dont even know what gear you use"

Healer: "ironic, ninja pointing out main stats" (that gets a lol from myself and the tank)

Sent: "stupid *********** noob, gear up properly" (clearly he hasnt inspected my gear, all willpower)

Now why would a ninja looter, who has been allowed to get away with it for the entire mission, get annoyed when someone else clicks pass. Especially considering I had been doing so for the whole mission, so why pick up on it now?

Edited by BobFredJohn

After the second facepull and warning, I'd have whispered the healer and other DPS to hold back the next time he went flying in and just let him die of stupidity. That tends to get people's attention.

My Scoundrel was originally going to be a Gunslinger when I was planning out my characters pre-launch. But then I realized that based on how I was planning him RP-wise, he'd be better off as a Scoundrel. He's a scrawny kind of mean little sarcastic dude who sneaks around seeing what he can get away with and lives in fear of the day that people realize he's actually a nice guy to people he doesn't think need to be taken down a peg. Scrapper Scoundrel it is!

Thank you for your feed back Cox. I feel pretty bad about myself when I actually have to threaten a dps with a vote kick for them to change their tune :(.

I understand, I felt that bad myself once... And I also asked for some support in this same thread. :o

I was told I was even too patient, for keeping the guy till the end of the FP, and kicking him only when he began ninjaing too... As such, I'd say you did your part well enough, and that you should just be glad the other one understood, because even if you may have been a bit harsh, you did make him think of what he was doing. And that's what counts, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Well, if he were a Mara you would have been out of line because by definition the Mara is the true leader of the group, and has responsibility for pulling. But he was just a Jugg so you were fine. If he wanted to be taken seriously, he would have gotten another lightsaber.

My eyes filled with proud tears. My lessons have made an impact. Twice the amount of lightsabers, twice the leadership!

I thought there was no bonus in SM Mando Raiders? Damn it must be a while since I last ran it.

Initiated three vote kicks last week on my new Vanguard tank alt.

One for a guy who kept pulling ahead of me and wouldn't respond in chat when I asked him to stop.

Another for a guy who disconnected for six or seven minutes.

And the last was for a person I'd actually run with before. He was a shadow who was really go-go-go. One of those new shadows that seems really impressed with his class and can't stop cloaking every five seconds so he can show everyone that oh my god you guys, check it out, I can cloak! Really annoying.

The thing about this guy, aside from him being a pull monkey, was that he would constantly cloak past enemies that the rest of us couldn't sneak past, because (duh!) we couldn't turn invisible. Then he would run ahead and sincerely complain that we were taking too long. I vowed never to run with him again, but I forgot to put him on my ignore list.

So, I que, get Hammer station, and lo and behold, the shadow is in my group again. This time though, he takes his antics too far and tried to sneak past the second room with the two elite droids and all the ranged mobs. Doesn't work, he dies, but the ohhhhh sh*t! moment really comes when the droids run into the first room and start killing us. I can't aoe taunt yet, I don't have explosive surge, I can't get control. We all end up dying about three times each before we can get everything killed.

So, after that, VOTE kick. It goes through, and the shadow actually seems really bewildered and hurt that we (justly) blamed him. Then he calls us a bunch of names before he gets removed. The thing about that vote kick is that that particular pull can be rough, but the rest of the flashpoint is really easy. But I didn't feel like he deserved an easy run after that: I just felt that that guy had to be penalized. If you run a red light, you get a ticket, don't you? This is a social game. If you behave in a manner that negatively impacts the group, why should we be bigger men and forgive you?

After last night, I have begun to think this game is messing with me. I have just hit 55 on my second shadow, and starting tanking HM FPs. My gear is fairly daft for a toon at 55 for two days, I legacied over a bunch of 168 and 180 gear, and even a couple of set bonus pieces accumulated on my other toons. I used to tank ops on my first shadow, so I have no qualms about charging through an FP fast if it's clear the healer is keeping up. But that wasn't enough for a sentinel in the group I got for Raiders.

Oddly, as a shadow tank, I like to pull from stealth now, strange that getting free buffs seems nice, but as we progress, I start seeing pairs of sabers fly over my shoulder as I close in to open. The only word the sentinel has spoken is 'Bonus' so far, several times as she pulled groups we could have walked past. As I have by far the lowest health in the group at a mere 35k, I'm slightly baffled as to why she cares, no toon could have needed elite gear or the junk dropped by the boss, but I had accepted her inability to allow anything to be cc'd and just nuked everything.

Soon the sabers aren't enough, and the sentinel herself (female toon anyway) is flying past as I approach in stealth. I have seen this so often, I don't really care any more, and I'm having no trouble getting threat with the shadow's AOE ability. We reach the 4 imperials, and now the real fun starts. The sentinel had come into the FP with the rakghoul plague and halfway through the boss fight, she explodes, infecting the rest of the group. Now we get the second comment from her 'Plague :(' Yes, we know, thanks a bunch.

I had no cures on me, so I just charge on, now trying to get through before the illness interrupts too much. The sabers keep flying, the sentinel keeps leaping in and I start getting annoyed by the plague on me. I'm not exactly sure if I could have left the instance and got the cure, but I just want to finish. We reach the last boss, and by now I'm into stage 2, so the interruptions are getting more frequent. I'm hanging onto the turrets and the boss just about, my rotation is screwed so I'm losing the DR buffs and most attempts to reapply it get one or two stacks before I'm choking again. On the last set of turrets, I miss click an attempt to use a defensive cd, and the next button along on the keyboard is force cloak...

I realise what I've done as both turrets and the boss switch target, I taunt the boss off the healer, but as the dps were on different turrets and my aoe taunt is on cd, I'm stuck. I spam my aoe's hopefully but soon both turrets kill their dps, and the boss leaps to the middle. Fortunately, the healer keeps me up to first finish off the remaining turret health, and then slowly bring down the boss. My error causes the third and final comment from the sentinel '***'. I can't be bothered to answer someone who spent the whole run causing the group problems, whisper the other dps to apologise for getting them killed, whisper the healer to say it was a pity I couldn't just have killed the sentinel, which he finds funny, and head back to the fleet.

Here is where either the game or karma strikes back. I moan in guild chat about the sentinel, and that I should have expected it because of the guild name, as well as the fact that most impatient dps seem to be sentinels. I queue up again, this time it's Athiss. I mouse over the group and my heart sinks. TWO from the guild of that sentinel, and the third player is... wait for it... a sentinel. Hell, it's Athiss, the first FP I had 100% achievement on, let's just go. I head to the lift to slice it, the two players from the same guild jump down, and immediately charge into the room for the explosives before myself or the sentinel are even down. One dies, and the other comes running back out with what looks like the whole pack on his heels.

I grab aggro with a taunt, and we clear up. I have no idea if they reached the explosives so head towards them. There's one mob still cc'd in there, but before I get there, the sentinel goes flying over my head. I know it's one easy mob, but it just adds to my sense of deja vu. I reach the explosives, nothing to collect I turn round and I'm back in combat, the pair from the same guild have pulled the next pack, with no-one else around. By now, my night's supply of patience is gone so I quit the group and leave without a word. From previous experience expecting members of that guild to listen to requests is futile, I have no intention of not being allowed to play my chosen role, and I log to my GSF toon.

So if you were an imperial player on Red Eclipse playing GSF last night in any of three imbalanced matches where a fully mastered flashfire was abusing your poor stock ships, I'm sorry, you got the results of my frustration at two back to back runs where I felt I was almost in the way as a tank. Once I'd calmed down, I did a third run, with a very nice pair of dps guardians who let me pull, and a commando healer who never seemed to need a pause for resources, and even the one time a guardian flew in first could be forgiven, as I'd paused for a drink instead of chain pulling again. I wish you could ignore entire guilds sometimes...

I do feel for your experiences, and I completely sympathize(it seems I got to take a rakghoul relic with me to all flashpoints if I want to complete any this week!), but if you're that player from ES guild that complained about the sentinel player later, I must say I do disagree with you on pointing out his/her nationality, because that's kind of rude, too. If you're that player, I fully agree that the F-guild has a poor reputation(I've avoided it for the time being, so I don't know about them much), but I do disagree about judging the player by their country or nationality or anything of the sort. Edited by Kulyok

Had a strange GF experience, but surprisingly enough, not in a bad way. I've been working on leveling my marauder recently, she's level 32 Annihilation spec, and quite well geared for her level (everything is orange gear fitted out with planet comm mods at most, three levels below current level, with all blue or higher implants/relics/ear). I got a pop for mando raiders with a level 31 PT tank, a 26 merc healer, and 27 arsenal merc.

The entire run was smooth as silk from start to finish. As soon as I loaded in the tank put his guard on me, the healer did complain, but the tank explained politely that guard is better spent on a high threat DPS. And on we went, pulling everything back to back with next to zero downtime, my Juyo stacks never even ran out. The tank was especially good, holding aggro on nearly everything and barely ever losing said aggro. I thanked the tank in whisper afterward for an excellent job and do hope I see him again.