The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf Warriors(8k+ smashes ****)

Calamaethor

So smash was already a huge complaint, now its only been made stronger, I am literally being 1 shot because people are hitting 8ks consistent. I am not sure why developers thought it was a good idea to make it a crit everytime, so now they are just stacking power/str and its ridiculous.

So smash was already a huge complaint, now its only been made stronger, I am literally being 1 shot because people are hitting 8ks consistent. I am not sure why developers thought it was a good idea to make it a crit everytime, so now they are just stacking power/str and its ridiculous.

L2P issue ... stop qq ...24k hp /8 = 1 ????

Edited by mrekxxx

I think you do not understand the word literally. Like tomorrow on 4/20 I am literally going to do nothing but play this game and smoke all day.

You cannot get one shot by a 8k attack when you should have at least 20k hp. Not going to say l2p since it never works and besides, there are plenty of attacks that hit as hard or harder than smash now.

You will be annihilated by my 9000 demo round! A-HA-HA! :rak_05:

Only bads have a hard time with Smash.

It took you a long time to level. Getting to 55, SWTOR is a hobby, not a game. Take an hour or two, read about your hobby, your class, and how to PvP. Actually sit down, and learn to play your hobby.

Derp.

First of all, Smash was nerfed. Other abilities in that tree got a buff so that all the damage wasn't frontloaded into Smash. Second, if you're dying in 1 hit to an 8k Smash then you have less than 8k health? Drama queen much?

The only thing ridiculous here is your post.

Edited by TheronFett

The problem is Smash is when you get two guys all smash at the same time (or even more) you end up with a lot of dead bodies. It's easy to say don't cluster but 4 out of 5 WZ maps has a tendency to funnel people in a relatively small area around the objective. The only map where Smash is easily dealt with is Huttball where you really want to spread out anyway.

Also with the crit % massively nerfed, having auto crit on your most powerful attack is pretty useful. Leap should put a debuff on the target that makes next Smash a guaranteed crit, so only one guy eats the guaranteed crit. You can even make it stackable so if you got 4 Smashers all leap to the same guy they can smash him 4 times. That way smashers can't just focus on power/surge and just rely on the auto crit.

there are plenty of attacks that hit as hard or harder than smash now.

No there is not. According to many posts by people who have kept track of such things, smash is still the hardest hitting attack in the game, not even allowing that it is an AoE as well.

Unfortunately they will never nerf smash/sweep because if they did they would lose alot of money on people leaveing beacuse they didn't have a "I win" button. If you want them to do something you have to do it with your wallet. Edited by Ashal

Sure smash is still pretty overpowered, though it's the most boring spec in the game and I pity anyone who plays it.

Comparing both Rage/Vengeance and mirrors on both my Guardian and Juggernaut, the difference is huge in terms of how fun they are to play.

Only bads have a hard time with Smash..

Yawn, if you're playing it as a hobby stop taking it so seriously. Ego should be a trainable crew skill...

Edited by Jayshames

Sure smash is still pretty overpowered, though it's the most boring spec in the game and I pity anyone who plays it.

Comparing both Rage/Vengeance and mirrors on both my Guardian and Juggernaut, the difference is huge in terms of how fun they are to play.

Yawn, if you're playing it as a hobby stop taking it so seriously. Ego should be a trainable crew skill...

lol smash is op? i do everymatch 9-10k aoe heals ... only bads cry about smash, classes are pretty balanced and easy yo play, there is no boring spec, every1 likes something else, for some ppl is most boring vengeance or immortal, or telekinetic sage....its personal ...

Edited by mrekxxx

I was wondering when a "nerf smash thread" would come.

Smash isn't as bad as it was, though I'm wondering when it will really get lol.

After the nerf bat beat the brains out of my VG it's kinda fun to sit in the corner and take bets on who it will ce after next :p

It will get crazy once everyone is in augmented Conqueror gear. Right now these 8-9k smashes are with half partisan/half EWH gear. lol

I started street sweepers for the sake of driving in the point that they were OP pre-2.0. Still in sub-55 pvp in very high 40s I derive particular enjoyment from those far too rare moments when 7.5k smashes stack with 3.5+k crit of force exhaustion. Precious.

No there is not. According to many posts by people who have kept track of such things, smash is still the hardest hitting attack in the game, not even allowing that it is an AoE as well.

Yawn my demo crits for 8k at least had one hit 10k the other day

Smash is 8k or less