lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

Это Извините Пиздец.

Translated: It sorry f***. Last word translated by google translator. They didn't teach that word in our Russian class in school...

Полный! Биовары Убирайте Эту Хрень нафиг. ВОВ умер из за подобных аддонов

Mostly from google translator, something like. "Entirely. Bioware, remove this crap (нафиг translator didn't seem to understand). Wow died because of addons."

Edited by Seireeni

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About WarMaster and BattleMaster gear

I do not have access to level 50 mods from the new expansion. All WH and BM gear is better than planetary mods and any older tionese gear.

I have only gotten one drop from a rakata mission I could use and my WM helmet was still better. Even the endurance stats are pretty high compared to comparable pve fleet gear.

It is still worth comparing the gear with mouse over before replacing everything.

For some reason my basic pvp guns if they are the only pvp items I have do give me the best bonus for a bit. But my lvl 49 maxed weapons are lower in value than a lvl 35 blaster with the opposite balance of stats.

Maybe all those green drops will have some value because of the way bolster is not working. Im going to try green gear that is out of my lvl grouping and see what happens

I dont get it... If WH/EWH becomes to PVE gear, and we got this:

WH < EWH < Dread Guard < Arkanian < Underworld < Partisan < Conqueror.

or

WH < EWH < Green crap < Dread Guard < Arkanian < Underworld < Partisan < Conqueror.

or even

WH < EWH < Green crap ~ Partisan < Conqueror < Dread Guard < Arkanian < Underworld.

*red is bolstered

No? Am I wrong? :confused:

That last one is my biggest concern. As I said before, under NO circumstances should PvE gear be BETTER than PvP gear in Warzones. Yet PvE gear like Arkanian and Underworld have much higher ratings on the hilts/barrels/armorings. So are steps being taken to make sure that they won't BiS in Level 55 WZ's? Because if they are, then all of this is pointless.

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

[There is a very important note in regards to how the bolster system handles mixing expertise and non-expertise mods on a single item: The short answer is, you shouldn’t do it. The longer answer is, players are much better off than when they decide to make an item a PvP-focused item, they replace all of the mods inside it with expertise mods. The bolster system handles “PvP” items slightly differently than “PvE” items, and putting even a single expertise mod inside an item tells the bolster that the item is a “PvP” item. The result of this situation can be less than ideal for a player in either content channel, and certainly isn’t working as well as we intended. We continue to discuss fixes to this particular issue, but players can work around the problem by making sure they are either pure PvE items or pure PvP items. Note: This is only with mods on a per item basis, mixing different items on a full character is fine.

-eric

Interesting detail on the mixed expertise items. Something that a lot of people did for their under 50 pvp alts on my server was to purchase the +41 crystals for their weapons and/or use WZ comms to buy the pvp weapons from the vendor next to the pvp terminal and strip the enhancements out that held the expertise stat and put it in the weapons or other slotted equipment. It was not a cheap process however one did it even to a modest extent. That having been said, I hope it will be addressed. The complicated answer is to change how bolster interprets these items (I'm not a fan of overly complicated, btw) which would be easier for the players that are already in this situation, or to make the other components available to a blaster for example could have expertise on the remaining components. I guess a third route is to find a way to "Refund" the WZ comms, Credits, and U.S. dollars (since the crystals were sold in the Cartel Market shop) to those that bought those items and are now worthless in the current iteration of the 2.0 bolster system.

There should be no god dam bloster in level 55 wzs period. It should not exist in the elite wz catagories.

So you admit that you prefer to use gear as a crutch? You'd rather have a predetermined advantage in the form of better gear as opposed to a match based on skill? That it's more "fair" for basement dwellers who can spend 10 hrs a day farming comms to be the ruling class of PvP?

Duly noted. You sir, are a bad. All the PUGs who are now rolling premades salute you.

Hey everyone,

Elite War Hero

War Hero and Elite War Hero (referred to as WH and EWH from here on out) gear is now better! It is no longer worse than Naked Bolster. The reasons why WH/EWH had less stats and were worse than old Bolster is because it is ‘old’ gear and this ‘old’ gear used a different stat budget where it got its stats from. This ‘old’ stat budget (which isn’t used in 2.0) accounts for Expertise into the budget (Partisan and Conqueror do not) meaning they were lower in Main, Secondary and Tertiary stats to account for the Expertise the items had. This will be removed and the stat budget the Expertise was taking be refactored into the Main, Secondary and Tertiary stats. The net result is WH/EWH will have no Expertise and increased stats, but Partisan will still be better than it. The ranking you will see in effectiveness is WH < EWH < Partisan < Conqueror.

What would happen if i take the Partisan mods and put them in WH gear?

Edited by Missandei

What will it take to convince them to abandon the Expertise stat all together? Seems their breaking of bolster (which scaled up FINE before) is all due to them trying to accomodate those without expertise gear.

So you admit that you prefer to use gear as a crutch? You'd rather have a predetermined advantage in the form of better gear as opposed to a match based on skill? That it's more "fair" for basement dwellers who can spend 10 hrs a day farming comms to be the ruling class of PvP?

Duly noted. You sir, are a bad. All the PUGs who are now rolling premades salute you.

Got news for ya...that guy spending all that time farming comms to better himself gear wise IS better than you....why, because he's learning his class in pvp the whole time he/she is getting that stuff.

All you guys that think pvpers need gear to steamroll the people that don't have no clue. Pvpers will roll you regardless of the gear/stats that are handed out to you so you can "be on a level playing field." Do you really think an extra 2 or 3% increase in stats is enough to pwn you? If you think it is you are doing it wrong.

The problem is that by spending all that time getting that gear people actually LEARN how to pvp....I know right, what a concept. So, someone that has put the time in to get the gear is generally going to know what he/she is doing on top of that. Do you really think getting free buffs in an attempt to "level the playing field" is really going to help you against that person that actually knows how to pvp? If you think so, then this game is finished, because BW will keep trying to level that playing field for those that don't put their time in to learn.

Do they realize that full pve lvl 69 gear now performs better than full pvp gear??

So stupid that they decide to give pve carebears this crutch.

The fact is this: PvEers do poorly in PvP because they are bad.

This is very frustrating.

Imma pvp bear and I do not care,

owning you like nothing in my dread guard clothing!

On a serious note. Brace yourselves because there are PvP players with good PvE gear (I know almost unthinkable o_O) and they are going to kill :D

Got news for ya...that guy spending all that time farming comms to better himself gear wise IS better than you....why, because he's learning his class in pvp the whole time he/she is getting that stuff.

All you guys that think pvpers need gear to steamroll the people that don't have no clue. Pvpers will roll you regardless of the gear/stats that are handed out to you so you can "be on a level playing field." Do you really think an extra 2 or 3% increase in stats is enough to pwn you? If you think it is you are doing it wrong.

The problem is that by spending all that time getting that gear people actually LEARN how to pvp....I know right, what a concept. So, someone that has put the time in to get the gear is generally going to know what he/she is doing on top of that. Do you really think getting free buffs in an attempt to "level the playing field" is really going to help you against that person that actually knows how to pvp? If you think so, then this game is finished, because BW will keep trying to level that playing field for those that don't put their time in to learn.

Here, Here... I would say I am a good PVPer... but even I am still learning the refinements to make me a better PVPer... I have all the lvl 50 EWH gear and had to grind in many WZ's to get the gear... this has helped me develop my PVP skills... I have PVP'd against the very best and worst players on our server and gear doesn't matter as much if you don't know what you are doing... I find playing against the very best players with the very best gear actually helps train you to be a better PVPer... sure you get smashed at first, but you start to learn and give it back to them as you get better

I think the worst thing for any player of PVP is to start playing it at too high a lvl... you have not had the chance to learn how your class should be played in PVP, then when you go into a match with good PVPer's you get instantly smashed and blame it on the gear... if you choose not to grind/learn your class in PVP, stick to PVE and leave the PVP part of the game to those who are serious about PVP

It seems Bio doesn't want this approach and is dumbing down PVP for the masses of people who think they should be able to smash it in PVP as well as they take down a End Game OP Boss

Here's a suggestion Bio, why not have a 3 tier PVP system instead of 2 tier <non ranked and ranked>...

- Keep the Ranked for Ranked TEAMS or Public groups only that have reached a certain PVP valor skill lvl

- Have a normal PVP valor skill lvl where you can't wear the top of the range PVP gear or can only wear 2 or 3 pieces... <let people keep their WZ gear instead of handing it in to get the EWH gear... but they must already own the WZ piece to get the EWH gear>

- Have entry lvl PVPer's that can't progress to the next lvl PVP until their valor is a certain rank... this should mean they have "learnt" the basics of PVP with their class

To do this Bio would have to make obtaining valor points harder or longer than just playing about 10 PVP's for your lvl... they could also make valor not locked into your lvl... but as a whole new lvl in it's own right

No, have you not thought that maybe he doesn't want to have to raid to get the best PVP gear? Are you people really this dense.. there is no equal footing, now instead of doing pvp to get the pvp gear you are gonna have to go to the raids or get rofl stomped by the raiders that will begin to flock to the warzones...

The whole point of bolster is to make it even for everybody.. What? Did you want to go back and bash on undergeared people and feel good about yourself?

Interesting seeing alot of blind/incompetent people thinking they're good in pvp when the game itself caters towards people with BiS gear against those with no gear.

Not saying you're blind or incompetent personally but seriously.. if you thought the pvp was fair to begin with.......

............... lol.

you must be the blind and incompetent one to be so ignorant that you do not realise the devs admitted the completely broke the pvp system. Also your argument is invalid. You just had no gear to keep up i bet. YOu don tlike how mmo's are played...dont play them

What some of us aren't getting is the pvpers on here say that PVErs are bad yet we apparently are destroying you on a level playing field?

I don't see anyone saying that. however, in lowbie, where pvp gear exists, you are granted a distinct advantage to wear pve gear (and nothing at all in some slots). they're trying to phase out pvp gear in the 50-54, but there you have it. if all I have is pvp gear, you're going to outgear me...pretty much no matter what you're wearing or what your level is.

ex: my 47 jugg was bolstered to 25k hp, 2k exp, and something like 20k str. he was wearing mostly purple armors that were a level or two old. mods that were a purple mix of a level or 4 old. enhancements that were at least 4 lvls old. he had 2 green relics (dark 4). everything was modded with str augs that were 2 lvls old (purple).

his max stats were higher across the board with this gear on and only slightly (~50) worse when I took off the relics.

compare that to every one of my 6 50s that I've pvp'd with for a while (all wh or ewh): every one of them ranges from 21k to 23k hp. every one gets significantly higher main stats, hp and end by removing relics, and less dramatically, an increase by removing implants. even with all of this, my lvl 50s in full ewh (a couple in a mix of ewh/wh) are at a SIGNIFICANT (3K-4K) stat disadvantage compared to what should be a lesser geared 47 in all pve gear. how the HELL the 47 in pve gear ends up with more EXPERTISE than full ewh toons is beyond me and has NOTHING to do with relic bugs because I get max stats by taking them off with the bug while the other guy is in greens that ONLY give end w/o bolster.

take away: there's a gear imbalance alright. sub 55s punish you for carrying native expertise on your gear.

how the HELL the 47 in pve gear ends up with more EXPERTISE than full ewh toons is beyond me and has NOTHING to do with relic bugs because I get max stats by taking them off with the bug while the other guy is in greens that ONLY give end w/o bolster.

take away: there's a gear imbalance alright. sub 55s punish you for carrying native expertise on your gear.

Yup and when they take away naked we will possibly gearless with 3k less hp and significantly less stats incl expertise. I have been playing with gear all day trying to figure it out but so far the only thing I know is naked fighting style. Everything else is taking a hit on stats for me.

No relic impl or ear.. drop in stats when I am not wearing my birthday suit. Fun days

Edited by Kegparty

You're taking the TDLR out of context... The TDLR is an overview of the synopsis, not meant to be taken literally as in right now...obviously.

think he was joking about the pants on/off. you know how those cyber streakers are....

^ Exactly this.

]Gear vs. Skill•Pre-2.0 PvP was all about your items. Being ‘the best’ meant you had EWH with augments and no one could touch you. This situation was unfortunate because it made the PvP game too harsh on the ‘have nots’ and made the grind to EWH much more bitter because of getting your face pushed in the mud day after day. The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players. In 2.0 we don’t want to totally get rid of PvP gear progression, we still want a gear gap but we want to tone down how overpowered the top tier gear is versus the lower PvP gear so that the moment to moment gameplay is more enjoyable. We want everyone you group with to be contributors from a gear standpoint (them not responding to “inc grass 3” calls or not throwing you the Huttball when they are immobilized is something we can’t help :p). We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable. It is a balance act, sometimes it will slide too far on one side or the other and we will correct it but this methodology, the balance between skill vs. gear, will result in the most healthy PvP game and community possible for the long term.

I am telling you what's happening right NOW.. a bunch of no ideas in PVP are coming to the WZ b/c THEY DONT NEED THE GEAR.. and are making EVERYBODY who pvp life miserable.

You pretty much are looking to the PVP community move to free to play.

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

So expertise will be completly removed from WH/EWH gear? -Does this mean that EWH gear will be equal to the former "best" PvE gear stat-wise - or are you reversing the situation and giving PvE'rs an advantage over PvPers in the Open World?

(Maybe someone allready asked this, dont have time to read all posts atm...if so i appologize)