lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

When will the baddies realize that they will be bad regardless of what they are wearing and that it's not a good reason for getting rid of gear progression? The reason to why some of you might be performing a tad better now isnt because everyone has the same "gear", or lack thereof, it's because TTK'es are so low that the skilled players will die too in the situations where the baddies always died but the skilled managed to survive. In the event that the enemy for one or another reason is leaving a baddie alone, perhaps just by chance, he/she could very well top charts now.

The current enviroment is a disgrace to all forms of intelligent play but 95 % of you are too dumb to understand it.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the baddies realize that they will be bad regardless of what they are wearing and that it's not a good reason for taking away gear progression? The reaosn to why some of you might be performing a tad better now isnt because everyone has the same "gear", or lack thereof, it's because TTK'es are so low that the skilled players will die too in the situations where the baddies always died but the skilled managed to survive. In the event that the enemy for one or another reason is leaving a baddie alone, perhaps just by chance, he/she could very well top charts now.

The current enviroment is a disgrace to all forms of intelligent play but 95 % of you are too dumb to understand it.

Yeh i have to agree with you tbh, i'm capped on 50 till tomorrow and i've been pvpin with my normal EWH min max'd gear since 2.0 pre-release. Now, you should be expecting that im getting destroyed every match, when 90% of the scrubs in warzones are running around naked or with PVE gear on. It's quite the opposite, i'm still getting highest heals, least deaths and most of the time, i have top medals(if not i'm in the top 3). I will never pick numbers over objectives either, my main focus is to win the warzone, nothing else.

It doesn't say much for the rest of the community tho.

I play Op heals, in case you're wondering.

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

So Eric... if by tuesday you guys don't fix the fact that PVE gear or no gear is better than PVP gear IN PVP I am done with the BS game forever, you guys don't listen to your customers, don't learn from past mistakes and much less have an iDEA in how to handle PVP in a MMO.. Plz go to play wow a bit and learn how is done (and I hate wow)

Edited by cripito

So Eric... if by tuesday you guys don't fix the fact that PVE gear or no gear is better than PVP gear IN PVP I am done with the BS game forever, you guys don't listen to your customers, don't learn from past mistakes and much less have an iDEA in how to handle PVP in a MMO.. Plz go to play wow a bit and learn how is done (and I hate wow)

LOL if you think that lowbie pvp in WoW is balanced, it's because you're either playing (or were playing) a shadow priest or a lolshieldslam prot warrior (or a rogue/hunter/holyshock paladin/disc priest depending on when you were still playing that game). The bolster is bugged and it should be fixed pretty soon. Don't tell me with a straight face that WoW's pvp is balanced. They also have their own issues pvp wise (even for endgame).

Edited by Darkshadz

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

So you want a pick and play environment just like Guild Wars without the investment in the system or arenas. Remember when you screwed around with expertise to make people wearing pve gear not viable in warzones? That was hilarious at the time and even more so now.

Heres the problem, you guys have NO long term plan and are lurching from one knee jerk reaction to another, putting in place convoluted systems with poor mathematics and ignoring testing feedback. Its horrrible and idiotic. The devs need to stop fixation on how some f2p games do it while looking at others. The successful PvP f2p games are ALL about progression, emulation of a system from a f2p PvE games cursory nod to pvp is asinine to say the least.

LOL if you think that lowbie pvp in WoW is balanced, it's because you're either playing (or were playing) a shadow priest or a lolshieldslam prot warrior (or a rogue/hunter/holyshock paladin/disc priest depending on when you were still playing that game). The bolster is bugged and it should be fixed pretty soon. Don't tell me with a straight face that WoW's pvp is balanced. They also have their own issues pvp wise (even for endgame).

I never said that wow lowbie pvp was balanced I used to play a rogue twink if that tell you something. and I have a holy paladin gladiator so plz .... but the bolster is ********. and SHOULD BE GONE.. anything else that don't give progression even in PV is a mistake. go back to ur cave

I never said that wow lowbie pvp was balanced I used to play a rogue twink if that tell you something. and I have a holy paladin gladiator so plz .... but the bolster is ********. and SHOULD BE GONE.. anything else that don't give progression even in PV is a mistake. go back to ur cave

I never said that the bolster was ok or that SWTOR's pvp is flawless. But you lost all credibility when you said that SWTOR should learn pvp from WoW devs. That's one the worst advice I've ever heard on this forum. Remember when they let BM hunters and arms warriors destroying people when MOP was released? They also didn't listen to the feedback. WoW is hardly better when it comes to pvp.

Have you ever read the latest dev posts? They are fixing the bolster. If you think they will remove the bolster for lowbie pvp all together, forget it angry kid. They should definitely remove the bolster for lvl 55 pvp though.

There is a very important note in regards to how the bolster system handles mixing expertise and non-expertise mods on a single item: The short answer is, you shouldn’t do it. The longer answer is, players are much better off than when they decide to make an item a PvP-focused item, they replace all of the mods inside it with expertise mods. The bolster system handles “PvP” items slightly differently than “PvE” items, and putting even a single expertise mod inside an item tells the bolster that the item is a “PvP” item. The result of this situation can be less than ideal for a player in either content channel, and certainly isn’t working as well as we intended. We continue to discuss fixes to this particular issue, but players can work around the problem by making sure they are either pure PvE items or pure PvP items. Note: This is only with mods on a per item basis, mixing different items on a full character is fine.

on pts an even now the maths says: underworld hilt mainhand is BIS for pvp... the quote above lets me have second thoughts tho... is this goin to b adressed too i wonder? important to know, for some pvp guilds prolly consider raids to get BIS pvp gear... will the entire item b scaled down due to the pve hilt i.e. b worse than conqueror hilt? although underworld hilts tech/force-power an weapondamage is much higher?

examples:

full conqueror gear + full underworld mainhand (incl. hilt / mod / enh / crystal)

or

full conqueror + mixed mainhand (underworld hilt / pvp mod / pvp enh / pvp crystal)

hows the bolster gonne handle that i wonder?

Edited by morinesse

-eric

[/color]

Ok. If you can implement the fix on 4/16, I will still play. And I hope it works.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Too little, too late. Sub expired today...

Bolster is great but it didn't go far enough. I can't afford a stim or a weapon and I don't have any time to play multiple characters. So the solution - no buffs, no stims, no weapons, no medpacs, no adrenals and we just bare knuckle it without clothes. It would also be nice if you could add a jello arena so we can wrestle in it. And since bolster effectively destroyed crafting below lvl 55 can you add Thongs to armortech and sythweaving at lower levels? Edited by Glocko
addition

I'm trying to imagine a way that bolster could be more broken than it is and I can't come up with anything. I think it just needs to be reverted to pre-2.0 (not perfect but it worked) and rethought.

The problem is that the pvp decision makers seem to be trying to please everyone and there's no way to do that. If you make the people that don't want to do any work/research/prep and just jump in 1x or 2x a week or month happy, you will piss off the people that have been pvping in this game for the last year. That's where we're at now.

Edited by WaywardOne

PvP changes with 2.0 without any plan...

...now ripping off expertise from old PvP gear. Let's see what's next. They have more stupid ideas, I bet.

Please tell me: if WH and EWH is ripped off it's expertise, why is PvE gear bolstered in warzones <55? Makes no sense. Go on, BioWare. This is so funny...

Edited by discbox

I haven't read all the post after page 60 or so, read the dev tracker...

just a quick question...

Is the bolster system supposed to work now at lvl 55? Cause I still got 26k life and 2003 EXP on my naked and 3partisan outfit vs 24k and 1913 with my WH/EWH outfit (and the 3 partisans). That was yesterday evening (14th of april around 5-9PM GMT). Was this implemented, or is in the course of beeing implemented? Reffering to the long devtracker post.

I haven't read all the post after page 60 or so, read the dev tracker...

just a quick question...

Is the bolster system supposed to work now at lvl 55? Cause I still got 26k life and 2003 EXP on my naked and 3partisan outfit vs 24k and 1913 with my WH/EWH outfit (and the 3 partisans). That was yesterday evening (14th of april around 5-9PM GMT). Was this implemented, or is in the course of beeing implemented? Reffering to the long devtracker post.

its in the course of being implemented. this patch last night was just to turn on RotHC for everyone that has bought the expansion.

we are expecting to see a fix for bolster on Tuesday this week.

I have 2 +41 Expertise Stat crystals I received from the Rakghoul plague event on my Gunslinger main, and being told that their going to be made useless does not make me happy, considering Black and Green are my two favorite colors, I do not especially want to replace them unless you plan to let me exchange them for PVE stats of an identical color. I worked my butt off for those crystals, and making them useless does not make me happy in the least, especially since their not currently available except for an obscene amount of money off of the GTN...

Hey everyone,

-eric

"The net result is WH/EWH will have no Expertise and increased stats"

I don't understand. Does this mean it will have no expertise in WZ's or are you literally altering the stats of the WH gear? I would have a big problem if you guys are removing expertise from gear I purchased specifically because it had expertise on it. In fact, I would want my comms refunded.

Can one of the people bashing 2.0 PVP give a good reason on what is wrong with it?

I personally am glad that I don't have to do weird things like get assassin gear on my sorc and pull the mods out, or get columi gear and put the mods in pvp gear for bonuses. PVP is a lot more fast paced, and alot more balanced now. I challenge anyone to a civil discussion on why its not.

Edited by Boomer-