lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

underworld 72 hilt/barrel... affected by the bolster? weapon damage tuned down?

or would i get less expertise and benefit from its origininal high amount of weapon damage...

id pass on 68 exp for underworld hilts/barrels weapon damage is significantly more...

Yeah. Waiting to see if Underworld becomes BiS for pvp.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

WHAT... THE... EFF???

Is it coming back?

Or does your system only work with the expertise on your new gear? So basically how this should have worked is that PvE gear would have been slightly lower than everything else going up to ranked gear. I.E. pve < wh/ewh < partisan < conqueror. But now wh/ewh will be at the bellow someone in 61/63 pve's?

What about lvl 55 wz's?

Do you guys realize that besides an increase in endurance on several items the WH 61's are actually BiS mods/ehancements for min/maxing over EWH and the new gear? Why are you stripping expertise off of mods I own, that I earned, that are better than the new garbage from the vendor?

Why even have expertise now? You created a system where you didn't offer pvp'ers 72 level gear so that we wouldn't just grind out epic gear to take our gear into pve players Ops. That's why they can only earn their 72's by drop. But now you've created a situation where a pve'er can bring their 72's in our pvp and wreck everyone because of your bolster.

You guys have ruined wz's. You had this thing on PTS for a month and you're telling us you didn't notice? Or did that mean to be translated that you didn't care?

This is another half assesed BW fix, where instead of fixing the actualy problem you are going to destroy thousands of players hard earned gear because it's the most easy route for you to take....

Edited by Dawginole

Another thing is you are telling us not to mix pve and pvp gear on a single item but that we should replace our exp crystals with pve crystals...

However, we have an issue with this conversion, the Expertise crystal in the WH/EWH weapons. Because this crystal is used in Partisan and Conquer and the system is unable to edit based on condition which item the crystal in the WH and EWH weapons still have Expertise. It is recommended that you replace this Expertise crystal with PvE crystals. We apologize that we weren’t able to fully take all the Expertise off the WH/EWH and that some players will lose customization, which is very important to us and to you.

This is extremely confusing. Are you saying that exp crystals that come in the new 2.0 gear are fine, but exp crystals prior to 2.0 gear are not? Or are you saying exp crystals are not optimal all around?

So folks that spent millions on special pvp crystals are just screwed and they are no longer optimal? What about the folks that dropped 5 million creds on white crystals, etc? If the 2.0 exp crystals are fine, will you be offering those players a trade in for the 2.0 version of those rare crystals?

Edited by Dawginole

I understand the need to do this. What I don't understand is why after taking months to get the best gear I find myself back to square one an endless gear grind with no end in sight... PVP gear needs to be easier to get if you guys are going to keep making it obsolete....

man they added mods and enchancement vendors making min/max easier now....

No the time to get gear is insignificant to the other problems.

Lets see how this bolster tune down will be, lets wait a week till we gear up and then we talk again

All the rest is theory

I understand the need to do this. What I don't understand is why after taking months to get the best gear I find myself back to square one an endless gear grind with no end in sight... PVP gear needs to be easier to get if you guys are going to keep making it obsolete....

It's pretty darn easy to get...

What is the purpose of the new bolster system? In the beginning it was to make people without expertise better against people with expertise. No expertise is ripped off WH and EWH - there is no need to bolster anymore!

And why bolstering empty slots? Empty slots are empty, just don't bolster it till the player puts in something (from a pve set).

The whole bolster system is just a mess. Now BioWare is forcing pvp plaers / chars to play pve to equip for warzones <55. This is rediculous! Just to keep their wrongheaded new bolster system.

What is the purpose of the new bolster system? In the beginning it was to make people without expertise better against people with expertise. No expertise is ripped off WH and EWH - there is no need to bolster anymore!

And why bolstering empty slots? Empty slots are empty, just don't bolster it till the player puts in something (from a pve set).

The whole bolster system is just a mess. Now BioWare is forcing pvp plaers / chars to play pve to equip for warzones <55. This is rediculous! Just to keep their wrongheaded new bolster system.

People can't get certain items (implants, relics, head slot items) until a higher level so the naked bolster was intended for those fresh level 10s without those slots.

When will the baddies realize that they will be bad regardless of what they are wearing and that it's not a good reason for getting rid of gear progression? The reason to why some of you might be performing a tad better now isnt because everyone has the same "gear", or lack thereof, it's because TTK'es are so low that the skilled players will die too in the situations where the baddies always died but the skilled managed to survive. In the event that the enemy for one or another reason is leaving a baddie alone, perhaps just by chance, he/she could very well top charts now.

The current enviroment is a disgrace to all forms of intelligent play but 95 % of you are too dumb to understand it.

Completely agree. They'll never understand it and keep whining until all gear is completely equal. At that point everyone will just unsub because there will be nothing left to do in the game.

PvP gear was completely fine in 1.7! Yes, at the game launch in 1.0 you could end up being level 10 against level 50 in full PvP gear - that was unbalanced. But these times are long gone. In 1.7 I performed well in Recruit on all my alts, and just a couple days later with some addition of proper gear was already topping scoreboards. All the while baddies were whining that they lose cause they play against EWH-geared teams. The difference between WH and EWH was so negligible that people played in WH in rankeds without any problems at all, EWH was just a small bonus to keep PvPers hooked.

Now even if they fix naked bug, the problem will not disappear. Now we don't have ANY understanding on how our gear relates to other competitors' gear. I have no idea what to do with my PvP gear now. Devs say I should buy Partisan/Conqueror, but I get a feeling even devs don't have a full understanding of how Bolster works and what gear is BiS now. It will take months for the community to figure it out.

Utter chaos - that's what's going on with bolster at 55.

Very, very, very nice balance now for PVP. Thank you, Bioware, very much. Your new Bolster sistem is amazing. And big respect to people who developed it, thank you again. :cool: At least was resolved the problem with savage unbalanced game invected after pach 1.2. Edited by -Esper-

Completely agree. They'll never understand it and keep whining until all gear is completely equal. At that point everyone will just unsub because there will be nothing left to do in the game.

PvP gear was completely fine in 1.7! Yes, at the game launch in 1.0 you could end up being level 10 against level 50 in full PvP gear - that was unbalanced. But these times are long gone. In 1.7 I performed well in Recruit on all my alts, and just a couple days later with some addition of proper gear was already topping scoreboards. All the while baddies were whining that they lose cause they play against EWH-geared teams. The difference between WH and EWH was so negligible that people played in WH in rankeds without any problems at all, EWH was just a small bonus to keep PvPers hooked.

Now even if they fix naked bug, the problem will not disappear. Now we don't have ANY understanding on how our gear relates to other competitors' gear. I have no idea what to do with my PvP gear now. Devs say I should buy Partisan/Conqueror, but I get a feeling even devs don't have a full understanding of how Bolster works and what gear is BiS now. It will take months for the community to figure it out.

i do not agree in most of the post, but i completely agree in the underlined part

the diff between WH and EWH was noticeable, in EWH u could easily troll a recruit geared player even if u were facing the best PvP player ever, u could even toss emotes while waiting for ur DoTs to kill the enemy taking like no dmg. Obviously speaking of randoms, not RWZ.

1.7 PvP would have been acceptable if the average player wasn't an utter potato. I have gone into so many PvP matches with players that either utterly refuse to use the Recruit Gear because they either believe their PvE gear is so amazing that they should be untouchable gods in PvP, or they are so against the notion of using entry level PvP gear they will sit there and lose as many matches as it takes to get their War Hero gear. With the bolster, at least these blasted fools don't get roflstomped because they won't use PvP gear our of principle. You may enjoy squashing players like ants, I know I did, but it isn't fun or fair on the receiving end of the punishment. Obviously bolster still needs tweaking, but so far I do like the direction they are going.

As far as BiS, its going to be itemized by the mods and enhancements from the PvP vendors, there really isn't much to "understand" when it is pretty obvious what you need to get and is far better than having to buy a million pairs of boots to get the enhancement you want or belt for the mod.

Basically, you can't expect people to think logically or rationally in a game which forces the devs to deploy bolster so they don't get pwned instantly.

There is a thing i dont understand...

I have conqueror survivor armorings ...but elite warhero enhancers and mods because (power, critical and surge are way better than random absorb, shield rating and accuracy??)

Are you telling me that mix conqueror with elite warhero is worst than elite warhero? Bioware , seriously have you anyone at your office who plays this game? Do you understand what is this thing of PVP and gear for max your stats is about?

We dont have infinite time, we worked 1 year in this stupid elite warhero mods and we want to mix it with our conqueror armorings while grind the conqueror mods and enhancers we need for our gamestyle.

What Biofail is doing is punish the most dedicated pvprs just thinking in the carcase casuals and their poor itemization system.

As far as BiS, its going to be itemized by the mods and enhancements from the PvP vendors, there really isn't much to "understand" when it is pretty obvious what you need to get and is far better than having to buy a million pairs of boots to get the enhancement you want or belt for the mod.

I think the person was referring to bolster effecting your/opponents stats, so gear outside of the warzone doesn't equal gear inside. A guildie of mine said he switched an enhancement with acc. to one with crit, but inside the warzone he ended up with more acc. than he had before! That should not happen.

the diff between WH and EWH was noticeable, in EWH u could easily troll a recruit geared player even if u were facing the best PvP player ever, u could even toss emotes while waiting for ur DoTs to kill the enemy taking like no dmg. Obviously speaking of randoms, not RWZ.

And that's a gamebreaking issue even though you needed just a couple days of casual play to upgrade most important slots to WH and to stop being trolled. Yes, maybe they could've upped the stats on Recruit a bit. But not THIS...

I surely hope so, but I get a feeling that it won't be so easy. There's no understanding yet of whether PvP hilts/barrels would be really better than PvE top-end ones, and in general difference between PvP gear and bolstered PvE is yet unknown.

I think the person was referring to bolster effecting your/opponents stats, so gear outside of the warzone doesn't equal gear inside. A guildie of mine said he switched an enhancement with acc. to one with crit, but inside the warzone he ended up with more acc. than he had before! That should not happen.

Agreed, it makes itemization such a pain...

Edited by Lightning_

What if it was supposed to happen? What if bolster boosted his accuracy? It might be a bug with bolster or it may not be and the only way to know for sure is to test it.

At the end of the day, I can say I am perfectly fine with how things are for several reasons, but the biggest reason is that I have come to expect nothing but pure trash from game developers lately because there are far too many AAA titles and hyped up games that are nothing but filth. You cannot expect a game, expansion, patch, or whatever to be released bug free on its initial launch. Ever. Of course there are issues in the game that haven't been fixed since day 1, and that is not excusable whatsoever, but everyone is taking these bugs to such a deep personal level and seem to have expected this patch/expansion to be the most perfectly launched MMO expansion in the history of gaming. That will never happen. At least the developers are communicating with us, even if it isn't on the level that we want it to be, though some of them seem to be utter derps. The point is, you never should have expected this patch to go bug free, without nerfs to classes and gear, without gameplay changes, and whatever else you feel the need to complain about.

I surely hope so, but I get a feeling that it won't be so easy. There's no understanding yet of whether PvP hilts/barrels would be really better than PvE top-end ones, and in general difference between PvP gear and bolstered PvE is yet unknown.

The only way we will know for sure is by seeing how much the bolster changes in the patch deploying later today. The thing I would mention is they did cap expertise at a certain point. That means that once you hit that point, it will be much more beneficial to use a PvE item for its stats since you can't get anymore expertise out of a mod. I don't believe that the cap will be at the point of being able to remove a complete piece of gear, it may only be to the point of having to change a mod or two, but only time will tell. On the other hand, the current PvP gear may not even reach the expertise cap so we may not know until the next wave of content. I can tell you for sure that the 28X or 29X mods are BiS for having a great balance of main and secondary stat, which should be obvious but also annoying since the gear comes with main stat heavy mods and some come with endurance heavy enhancements.

People can't get certain items (implants, relics, head slot items) until a higher level so the naked bolster was intended for those fresh level 10s without those slots.

and exactly WHY CANT people get items for these slots? lazy? don't want to? stupidest thing ive ever heard of in my life

Oh so you don't want to take the time to gear up, so we put a system in the game that makes you JUST as GOOD as those who spend hours/days/weeks/months/years/decades/centuries/millennia gearing up

da***outtahere

and exactly WHY CANT people get items for these slots? lazy? don't want to? stupidest thing ive ever heard of in my life

Oh so you don't want to take the time to gear up, so we put a system in the game that makes you JUST as GOOD as those who spend hours/days/weeks/months/years/decades/centuries/millennia gearing up

da***outtahere

Haha, yeah BW caters to unskilled/unmotivated nubs.

Bolster as is, is really annoying. It basically makes PvP gear useless.

I don't PvP much, so it made the gear I had earned feel more rewarding, and now it's gone out the window. I get better stats and Expertise in my PvE gear, which is just wrong IMO.

Bring back a recruit set, and roll back the bolster to how it was pre-2.0. People shouldn't be able to go into their first ever warzone, and be on-par stat wise with people who work there butt of for good gear.

STOP HAND HOLDING, BIOWARE

Edited by ChewyYui

I am primarily a PVE'er as is my guild, however I do a fair bit of PVP, and this whole allowing PVE gear to be viable in PVP, well no only viable but as good as PVP gear is just plain stupid. Gear is basically the rewards for what you are doing, there is no way my pvp gear would even get bolster to run S&V Hm or EC NiM, so why the hell should it work the other way around. If you want the gear to compete, get in the grind to get it, whether its PVE or PVP, for all the PVE'ers whining about PVP being all about gear not skill, how the hell do you think you would do in S&V HM without grinding the gear first? What you are basically saying is that you have no skill, because you need the gear to be able to compete in PVE. Works both ways! Bring back the old system, this one is not for me.

I want 2 sets of gear, one for PVE and one for PVP, and I want that grind to get it!

Edited by Katendal
spelling mistake

da***outtahere

What really drives me nuts is the issue only exists for the baby PvP bracket. Turn off ALL naked bolster 30+!!!

As much as I despise 50 pvp, gear progression is good since it gives people something to do. Bolster really should've never been changed. BW tries to fix one problem to cater to scrubs and creates a whole host of problems for people who are actually good at the game. Sad.