Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

That's all you get for months of commitment Magnus... *sigh*.

You helped me keep at it, Alec. help me and we win.

Its not like we are asking for much, just the HOOD-DOWN and keep him the way he is supposed to be in the foundry.

Edited by Magnusheart

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I agree that they should not release things that are bugged, but it's unrealistic to expect everything in an MMO to patch in without bugs. So......

Just a guess... they need to put their foot down at some point or the players will think that every whine will get some cheeze to go with it.

This is that point. No cheeze this time.

Might want to appeal it to the supreme court of MMOs and see if you can get some satisfaction.

Hey Andryah, your words of wisdom have opened my eyes to the truth. Maybe you can fully teach me how to look at situations from different perspectives.

Còffêè is my main character on Prophecy of the Five. Add me and send me a message/mail me one.

I hadn't posted on this thread before because I didn't want to muddy the waters.

However, the decision reached on this topic is very frustrating. I have the Revan chest on two characters. It bothered me that it doesn't look like Revan's gear, but it looked cool. I assumed eventually the hood bug would be fixed.

Guess I was wrong.

Can I have my Cartel Coins back? And the half million creds I paid for the second one on the GTN?

They said they'd monitor it and change it if many were in favor, so...let's get in favor of this!

Come on, seriously? Appearance change on Spymaster and Phantom is one thing; that completely changed the gear and many people liked the undecorated appearance better. Fine. But this??? This is fixing a bug, not changing armor appearances for no apparent reason. I bet if you polled any number of people, less than 5% of them would be in favor of actually keeping the double-hood glitch. Are you kidding? It's a totally different situation.

And what do you mean there's already a Classic Revan's set? Where? And why can't we get it? Does it have a double-hood? If not, just put it in-game, so we can get either! Plus, you switched it in the first place! It used to be black, then it was gray! It's totally different than the Phantom thing; how can you even think of comparing it?

Lately you guys have been really, really good with communications between us and you. You've been polite, you've been friendly, you've been active; good! This is good! But this is a major mistake. A major mistake. Who thought it was a good idea to keep it as-is?

It comes down to this: you either need to let us have Revan's Classic gear, you need to fix this, or you need to change the name of the gear, because except for the helmet it is not Revan's. Guys, what is this? Really. I don't want to be disappointed because you've been doing great lately, but this...this is just a really silly thing to do, and the explanation given is just awful. Awful.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

You're joking right? There is a massive difference between completely altering gear and fixing a *********** bug. There are two hoods on Revan's chest piece and the hood that is down clips through the gear. This is a bug... You guys care so little about this game that it is amazing I still bother to play... Here's to hoping the relaunch of FF14 proves to be a good MMO.

You're joking right? There is a massive difference between completely altering gear and fixing a *********** bug. There are two hoods on Revan's chest piece and the hood that is down clips through the gear. This is a bug....

I have to second that sentiment. There's a difference between changing already bound gear to match the cartel pack advertisement, and FIXING A BUG. It's expected that they'll fix the bug, this is a completely different situation than the Phantom/Spymaster one which people complained about.

They said they'd monitor it and change it if many were in favor, so...let's get in favor of this!

Come on, seriously? Appearance change on Spymaster and Phantom is one thing; that completely changed the gear and many people liked the undecorated appearance better. Fine. But this??? This is fixing a bug, not changing armor appearances for no apparent reason. I bet if you polled any number of people, less than 5% of them would be in favor of actually keeping the double-hood glitch. Are you kidding? It's a totally different situation.

And what do you mean there's already a Classic Revan's set? Where? And why can't we get it? Does it have a double-hood? If not, just put it in-game, so we can get either! Plus, you switched it in the first place! It used to be black, then it was gray! It's totally different than the Phantom thing; how can you even think of comparing it?

Lately you guys have been really, really good with communications between us and you. You've been polite, you've been friendly, you've been active; good! This is good! But this is a major mistake. A major mistake. Who thought it was a good idea to keep it as-is?

It comes down to this: you either need to let us have Revan's Classic gear, you need to fix this, or you need to change the name of the gear, because except for the helmet it is not Revan's. Guys, what is this? Really. I don't want to be disappointed because you've been doing great lately, but this...this is just a really silly thing to do, and the explanation given is just awful. Awful.

Revan's Black robes PRE PATCH 1.6.1.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Revan's Grey robes Patch 1.6.1- Now

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

More than just a double-hood bug on the chestpeice Eric.

you won't be refunded and you will continue to buy cartel packs like there is no tomorrow. any questions?

Quit buying packs when i got enough certificates to get the mask. I have gotten a couple with the free coins since then, but haven't bought extra yet.

More to the point, if they can claim stupid reasons for not doing things then I can demand outrageous things.

Why not just keep the set as is, and release another version of it just fixed.... win win

players wishing to have their set fixed can submit a one time ticket or something?

seems easy enough to me

LOL?

Yes, people get upset sometimes when you change what an armor looks like, but who would *like* having TWO HOODS on an armor? I don't understand. It does not make any sense to have two hoods.

Edited by Radzkie

So Vader was a superman rip off... Because superman wears armor... Seems legit.

Anyway, you don't need to wear an outfit with a cape if you don't want to. We are asking for the set of iconic character to look how it's supposed to, instead of having a bunch of random sith inquisitor armor pieces recoloured dark gray and renamed to "Revan's whatever".

This. Couldnt agree more.

The cape would be terrific as well as a real piece of chestplate or something on his torso, not just inquisitor gear thats been renamed and recoloured.

With all do respect

to the appropriate SW:TOR personal

Fix the double hood!

The only reason people preferred the "classic" in previous cases was because it looked better, yes butt-flaps and oversized shoulder pads are garish, hideous abominations unfit for even the most unchained sith.

Appearance designers for avatars might want to reserve their cutting edge, overly imaginative, experimental imagery for art galleries, and other high brow fashionable venues.

If this seems harsh, then you feel what players in-game have been subjected to.

In short don't try to re-invent the hot-dog.

I will say the commando war hero and elite war hero series was a Hit despite the but-flap being on 90% of trooper gear...

Fix the double hood!

and release a trooper war hero / elite war hero series without the half-skirt but-flap or at least convert it to a short shoulders cape.

Fix the double hood!

/feedback

This. Couldnt agree more.

The cape would be terrific as well as a real piece of chestplate or something on his torso, not just inquisitor gear thats been renamed and recoloured.

yep I forgot we didn't really get a genuine Revan Gear set just a dumpster-dived, repurposed, recolored, repackaged,

inquisitor reject set.... :(

So my previous post was partially incomplete.

This post will clear that up.

Edited by mtsr

I'd just like to see a version of Revan's armor in SWTOR that actually looks like Revan's armor and not a re-color of a generic inquisitor armor set. Let's get rid of the shoulder pads, add a hooded cape, and make the chest piece bulkier.

Reference #1 - Revan's Armor

Reference #2 - Revan's Armor

Reference #3 - Revan's Armor

Reference #4 - Revan's Armor

Revan's armor is much bulkier than what we get in the game. Instead of an inquisitor's robe, Revan wore body armor with a bulky chest plate that obscured the waist. It is similar in look to a samurai's armor.

Instead we get holy-shoulders-revan!-armor.

This is closer to Revan's classic look.

Overall, I'm just totally disappointed with Revan's armor in SWTOR. The only thing I like about it is the mask. They did a good job on the mask.

I agree with most of the people posting here, it needs to be fixed. I actually don't wear Revan's robes because of Revan, I wear them because they are the only armor set that looks this way in the entire game. Not fixing the double hoods makes it so I'm unable to have my character look the way I want him to and I'm absolutely positive I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Here's a solution that might satisfy everybody:

Currently certain items can be bought with other items -- you trade in a legacy kit for a legacy item.

Couldn't you set up a vendor that has a fixed robe that could only be purchased by trading in the old robe?

That way folks who wanted to keep the old robe could, and folks who wanted to trade it in for the unbugged model could do so as well.

No-one gets double items and everybody gets what they want.

Hire this person.

A worrying precedent.

It's not a quirky bug that people shrug off but a very noticeable looking error that mars the appearance of what was supposed to be a visually cool item.

It's sloppy and unprofessional to acknowledge this obvious error but fail to rectify it due to 'some liking the current version'

That argument can be used to NOT fix any bug ingame:

Codex borked? "Some like the challenge of finding out which are broken and which aren't so we're not fixing any of them, yay."

Ship grade 7 blasters no longer do the right damage? "Well, we've found that a few players have enjoyed this artificial challenge increase and so why disappoint those buggers with a fix?"

Naked bolster gives better results than fully geared in Warzones? "Well, I've met a few ingame who love the current diversity in appearances now in Warzones. With varying degrees of darkside corruption few naked players are the same colour and that adds more variety to the WZ landscape...for some people that is. No fix incoming."

My 2 Cartel coins.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Here's a solution that might satisfy everybody:

Currently certain items can be bought with other items -- you trade in a legacy kit for a legacy item.

Couldn't you set up a vendor that has a fixed robe that could only be purchased by trading in the old robe?

That way folks who wanted to keep the old robe could, and folks who wanted to trade it in for the unbugged model could do so as well.

No-one gets double items and everybody gets what they want.

While i bought and am happy with what i already have im on the fence as to wether i want it to be fixed or not

Its very hard to disagree with the above as the main problem i now have with this 'bug' is the prescedent it sets for future bugs that you BW cannnot be arsed to fix

+ 1 vote for the above save your selfs BW your , your only hope!!!

An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

Adding a bunch of honesly awful looking ornaments to a whole slew of armor sets =/= "fixing sets due to display bugs." You just randomly tacked on shoulder pads, weird antennas, and all sorts of other junk, which are exactly the sorts of things people have told you time and time again do not fit with the Star Wars universe "look" that so many players prefer. Of course people got pissed, when they went out of their way to collect sets they really liked, and then you tacked a bunch of ugly crap onto them overnight with no warning. You deserved exactly what you got as a result, which was a huge amount of negative feedback.

Fixing a blatant glitch that would never have made it into the game, if your artist had simply put the set on in-engine and did a 360 spin on the toon, has nothing to do with randomly restyling sets and adding ugly, unrequested ornaments to them. It is troubling that you have learned so little from what players have been saying that you think "fixing" the double hood bug and "fixing" the Spymaster set are the same thing.