Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alether the issue with that is we wanted them to fix this set, not make a new one. Capes in this game are rather ******, Reason why Bioware didn't give him one in the first place. What they need to do is just fix the current one to make Revan look like he used to before patch 1.5.0 (when his armor was introduced to the game) and make 2 new additional chestpeices, one with a cape, and one like the maelstrom prison.

After all, the point of this thread was to make The light gray double hood monstrosity we have now back to This: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120520103151/starwars/images/2/26/RevanFinalDuel01.jpg

Edited by Magnusheart

Alether the issue with that is we wanted them to fix this set, not make a new one. Capes in this game are rather ******, Reason why Bioware didn't give him one in the first place. What they need to do is just fix the current one to make Revan look like he used to before patch 1.5.0 (when his armor was introduced to the game) and make 2 new additional chestpeices, one with a cape, and one like the maelstrom prison.

Capes are just fine here. their physics are pretty good as well, much better than in some other MMOs where they act almost as cardboard.

I'd agree with you if we would have never received any other sets, like Bastila's or Carth's, etc. But seeing how they all look so much better, I strongly believe that THE MAIN CHARACTER deserves a unique set too, not just some lazy re-textured inquisitor set. And that proper KOTOR-like set should also be applied to NPC.

Look at what blizzard has done, they update Sylvanas and many other characters many times, because at first they also wore some lazy re-skins. I see no reason why BioWare should not update such important characters as well.

Edited by Aelther

That would be fine and dandy, if they made one labled [Darth Revan Insert itemslot here] built to look like the Kotor 1 game and had the current one fixed, so then Everyone would be happy.

Not to be a chicken and the egg, But I believe Revans set was ripped off for "Inquisitor sets" not the other way around. Because Drew K(inventor of Revan) was one of the lead writers for Revan and the Jedi Knight story arc in this game.

and to go back to the "Phantom vs Classic Phantom" changes issue, If they do a complete remake and replace the old set with a Kotor 1 themed version, it would piss a lot of people off, because the lower robe is used for a lot of outfits, like Eradiactors, and Phantom. However, if they just fix the current to what it used to be. and then make a stupid rare one int he future Archon or Supreme Mogul pack named [Darth Revan's (insert itemslot here}] That would solve the issue entirely.

Edited by Magnusheart

Agree that they should make a new chest piece (something like "Revan's Battle Armor") with the actual KOTOR look for a future pack to make everyone happy.

I like the cape look better personally, but I don't mind the current one and wouldn't want them to get rid of it altogether.

(Or for real Wall of Crazy idea: make a new Daily Area with the Revanites as the Reputation Faction you're working with there, and have the KOTOR look as their Legend-level purchasable.)

Agree that they should make a new chest piece (something like "Revan's Battle Armor") with the actual KOTOR look for a future pack to make everyone happy.

I like the cape look better personally, but I don't mind the current one and wouldn't want them to get rid of it altogether.

(Or for real Wall of Crazy idea: make a new Daily Area with the Revanites as the Reputation Faction you're working with there, and have the KOTOR look as their Legend-level purchasable.)

REVANITE REPUTATION FACTION Holding the KOTOR Themed Version of Revans set. Genius.

Well then grant access for Republic to land on Dromund Kaas and we have a deal xD

I don't know about you guys. But seriously We should just be happy the are fixing the old set to look like Revans set pre patch 1.6.1's Grey color bug. and are fixing the color bugs and the doublehood together.

Should be greatfull we are getting THIS back, and not keeping This and thats something we can all agree on.

Edited by Magnusheart

I don't know about you guys. But seriously We should just be happy the are fixing the old set to look like Revans set pre patch 1.6.1's Grey color bug. and are fixing the color bugs and the doublehood together.

Should be greatfull we are getting THIS back, and not keeping This and thats something we can all agree on.

I am grateful. But like I said if they can do it for other KOTOR characters, there's no reason why they can't do it for the most important one. Heck, I'd pay any CC amount or even buy packs to get reputation for some new cartel reputation or whatever if they sold KOTOR-style Revan's Set.

Edited by Aelther

Shame the easiest answer would be to make the new set, and fix the old one with the new one being named Darth Revan's with a yellow quote saying [A replica of what Darth Revan wore during the Jedi Civil War."] While those of us who like the old(But fixed) version would be contempt.

One could hope, we could probobly start a thread in the suggestions box asking for Darth Revans without altering the old one.

Edited by Magnusheart

Capes are just fine here. their physics are pretty good as well, much better than in some other MMOs where they act almost as cardboard.

I'd agree with you if we would have never received any other sets, like Bastila's or Carth's, etc. But seeing how they all look so much better, I strongly believe that THE MAIN CHARACTER deserves a unique set too, not just some lazy re-textured inquisitor set. And that proper KOTOR-like set should also be applied to NPC.

Look at what blizzard has done, they update Sylvanas and many other characters many times, because at first they also wore some lazy re-skins. I see no reason why BioWare should not update such important characters as well.

This. Give Revan his KOTOR set.

"and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on"

This is why we are mentioning KOTOR.

Yes the Light grey color bug on the chest, and the brown colorbug on the lower robe. The whole point of them being scared to fix the current bug was they were afraid of people bashing the forums like the phantom and spymaster changes. If they pull a 360 and make a 100% new set while removing the old one, You can bet your *** with a Rakghoul virus strand that people would complain about them changing it. Fixing the bugs however is a different story. WHICH is what this entire debate is about. Fixing Revan's appearance bugs as seen of him in the Foundry.

Edited by Magnusheart

Yes the Light grey color bug on the chest, and the brown colorbug on the lower robe. The whole point of them being scared to fix the current bug was they were afraid of people bashing the forums like the phantom and spymaster changes. If they pull a 360 and make a 100% new set while removing the old one, You can bet your *** with a Rakghoul virus strand that people would complain about them changing it. Fixing the bugs however is a different story. WHICH is what this entire debate is about. Fixing Revan's appearance bugs as seen of him in the Foundry.

Yeah, I was referring to the notion that since they are changing the gear, people(Including myself) will be enticed to throw out suggestions hoping that they listen to us.

As suggested by another guy, the Revanite reputation vendor, but w/e, I will leave this thread be. :D

I want to once again thank Eric for his response.

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thanks a lot. I hope reworking of it includes adding a cape.

Faith restored!

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Is it Christmas? :eek: I am in shock. you guys actually finally LISTEN to people. What a concept. Maybe you should try it more often heh?

Thank you.

Ok I don't usually post on the forums but I logged in specifically to express my support for this change.

The gross bugs affecting Revan's set has gone on for far too long, I'm glad that something is finally being done about it. (the disgusting grey color on the chest which doesn't match with the other parts of the outfit, and double-hood, also brown lower robes)

As you said it yourself, CANONICAL appearance is paramount. The current appearance is just sloppy and is in direct contradiction with Revan's iconic status in The Old Republic. I'm looking forward to the color adjustments.

Bioware, look at all the praise you're getting from listening to the playerbase I hope through this thread alone, you are more Avidly capable when it comes to Cartel Market gear, quality checks of cartel items and suggestions from the players. Me, and a lot of players who are now speaking up about it are excited to see the gear restored to what it was before patch 1.5. Black robes, No double hood, and no brown lower robe. Now lets hope this change also fixes the holostatue aswell. with is gloves and lower robe issue.

Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Edited by Magnusheart

Me, and a lot of players who are now speaking up about it are excited to see the gear restored to what it was before patch 1.5. Black robes, No double hood, and no brown lower robe. Now lets hope this change also fixes the holostatue aswell. with is gloves and lower robe issue.

Actually back in 1.5 the robe was also wrong. It looked like this which is why I made a thread back then for them to fix it and add that "metal ring". They fixed it in 1.6.2 (at least the texture) except that they made it brown instead of black, but it was still fixable by unifying to make it look like this. So Revan's robe was never OK. At first the colors were fine, but "skirt" was completely wrong ,then they fixed the texture of the skirt, but messed up the colors of the entire set and that double hood appeared.

Edited by Aelther

I have to admit, I'm surprised. I'm looking forward to 2.2 on this fix. I'm not gonna go overboard until I see it though. Thanks for listening to the community on this one. The majority of the community wants it the way it should be, not the gruesome blob it is now.

Actually back in 1.5 the robe was also wrong. It looked like this which is why I made a thread back then for them to fix it and add that "metal ring". They fixed it in 1.6.2 (at least the texture) except that they made it brown instead of black, but it was still fixable by unifying to make it look like this. So Revan's robe was never OK. At first the colors were fine, but "skirt" was completely wrong ,then they fixed the texture of the skirt, but messed up the colors of the entire set and that double hood appeared.

I said before patch 1.5, patch 1.6 was when the gear was released. I am expecting the gear to look like the second picture.

I said before patch 1.5, patch 1.6 was when the gear was released. I am expecting the gear to look like the second picture.

Oh, so you meant the NPC itself. Cause his gear was always ok more or less, it's the wearable cartel one that had many problems since release.