Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

PLEASE add an option to have hoods up or down. Besides allowing you to easily fix this problem, it's something we've been asking for forever!

Need more people crying about it here on the forums. Come on, don't leave me with it. It was scheduled for 1.3 and yet we get armor dyes even quick than the toggle.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need more people crying about it here on the forums. Come on, don't leave me with it. It was scheduled for 1.3 and yet we get armor dyes even quick than the toggle.

Ok.. Give us hood toggle already, I can't stand seeing Valiant Jedi set (and some few other robes) with hoods down. I did not make a Jedi Guardian to run around without a hood!

So Vader was a superman rip off... Because superman wears armor... Seems legit.

Anyway, you don't need to wear an outfit with a cape if you don't want to. We are asking for the set of iconic character to look how it's supposed to, instead of having a bunch of random sith inquisitor armor pieces recoloured dark gray and renamed to "Revan's whatever".

Vader never ran around in a full sprint, either. Heck, he didn't even jog. He stalked. He strode. The cape was also jet back and featureless, no designs at all. But nice strawman. Oh, and no, you do NOT look remotely like Vader in your cape. Not even close.

This is the dumbest decision I've ever seen in regards to an MMO and it speaks volumes about how decisions are made at BioWare Austin. I obviously vote that the ugly, stupid looking, illogical BUG get fixed.

Seriously Eric, admit it...even as you typed it you were thinking "Am I really giving typing this right now?" Honestly, what developer there in Austin is so oblivious and isolated from the community? Just implement hood toggle or announce hood toggle now, that is literally the only way to salvage this.

Edited by Korusus

Seriously Eric, admit it...even as you typed it you were thinking "Am I really giving typing this right now?"

He must have felt like the guys who used to write cigarette commercials proclaiming how great life is when you smoke a carton of Marlboros a day.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

Really?

You "want to make sure you don't replicate the issue" you say. Yes, it was rather horrible how you handled the Phantom/Spymaster and those sets, but the solution you had was decent; giving everyone with the butchered armour a "classic" version. So replicate the solution (free robe) rather than the problem (changed robe). I can't imagine there are a lot of people who thinks it looks good having 2 hoods but if you really are concerned about upsetting them then let them keep their weird robe and give them and the people who do mind an additional fixed copy. And then do quality control on all future cartel market armour before releasing it.

Though I understand the issue is even present on some non-cm armour, it was recently pointed out Darth Marr suffers from this too...

Honestly, the ability to toggle your hood up or down definitely would make a lot of sense. If that is indeed something in the works, then I can totally understand why they might feel it overkill to have to fix this bug, sense said feature would potentially sort it out immediately.

That said, I do think it should have a cape. Not because it "looks cool", even though it totally does, but because it's actually accurate to what Revan actually wore.

I mean, it's not a massive issue or anything, but it would certainly be a nicety. Especially with word that we will be able to pay to make items Account-wide, it would be nice to know that Revan's Set actually looks like Revan's gear, as opposed to just sharing a name.

Honestly, the ability to toggle your hood up or down definitely would make a lot of sense. If that is indeed something in the works, then I can totally understand why they might feel it overkill to have to fix this bug, sense said feature would potentially sort it out immediately.

Dude, it's been "in works" for over a year now...

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

Attached or not. The look is not right. I've been waiting for a fix ever since it came out. It looks wrong.

Where did you get these Designers/Developers/Quality assurance personnel from?! Can't even create a proper set of Gear before sending live?! Seriously?! They're a liability to the business. Get rid of them if that's what happens when you put trust in them, and afterwards, it has to stay that way.

Then, I can't wait for a helm that clips through the hood bug that will not get fixed. Those look absolutely cool! :cool:

Edited by xorcist

Here's a solution that might satisfy everybody:

Currently certain items can be bought with other items -- you trade in a legacy kit for a legacy item.

Couldn't you set up a vendor that has a fixed robe that could only be purchased by trading in the old robe?

That way folks who wanted to keep the old robe could, and folks who wanted to trade it in for the unbugged model could do so as well.

No-one gets double items and everybody gets what they want.

Edited by Alodar

180 degrees out of phase with reality, as usual.

Irony.

Cheeze is refusal to fix an acknowledged problem for a truly dumb reason.

No my friend... cheeze is what goes with whine... for whiners. ;)

In this case I want all the Cartel Coins I spent try to pull the mask refunded. I also want the 10 Cartel Market Certificates I spent on the mask I have refunded. I also wasted a good bit of credits on the belt and gloves so that needs to be refunded as well.

I decided to put together the full set, and have been wearing it, because it appeared you were going to fix the issue with it. But, seeing as how you aren't going to fix it, I want to be refunded.

So, if I understand the Official BW stance on this one, we get a choice:

1) Fix the bug, but as a consequence they're going to punish us by not releasing a "classic" version without the inner-tube (which has nothing to do with the double-hood, and also something we've been asking for)

OR

2) Not fix the bug and leave a ridiculous looking armor in the game that is mis-matched color-wise and has 2 weirdo hoods both clipping through each other

Explain to me how the players win at all with this one?

They're restricting our ability to color "Lore" items because they want to preserve the immersion, but they care so much about their precious immersion that they bastardized their main hero's armor and are leaving it completely botched and bugged; all the while threatening us with "no classic version if you make us fix this"

That "official" post is essentially spit in our eye

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

In this case I want all the Cartel Coins I spent try to pull the mask refunded. I also want the 10 Cartel Market Certificates I spent on the mask I have refunded. I also wasted a good bit of credits on the belt and gloves so that needs to be refunded as well.

I decided to put together the full set, and have been wearing it, because it appeared you were going to fix the issue with it. But, seeing as how you aren't going to fix it, I want to be refunded.

you won't be refunded and you will continue to buy cartel packs like there is no tomorrow. any questions?

So, if I understand the Official BW stance on this one, we get a choice:

1) Fix the bug, but as a consequence they're going to punish us by not releasing a "classic" version without the inner-tube (which has nothing to do with the double-hood, and also something we've been asking for)

OR

2) Not fix the bug and leave a ridiculous looking armor in the game that is mis-matched color-wise and has 2 weirdo hoods both clipping through each other

Explain to me how the players win at all with this one?

They're restricting our ability to color "Lore" items because they want to preserve the immersion, but they care so much about their precious immersion that they bastardized their main hero's armor and are leaving it completely botched and bugged; all the while threatening us with "no classic version if you make us fix this"

That "official" post is essentially spit in our eye

I can't argue with how you feel. In addition I see and share your point in most respects.

There is however, one really ugly blind Troll. With scaly diseased skin that resides under that bridge right over there, that loves the opposite of anything the rest of mankind knows to be true. Be warned. ;)

Edited by xorcist

Hey everyone,

-eric

uhhh, 2 different issues here. This is NOTHING like the spymaster changes. You wouldn't be completely changing revan's robe to some generic black long sleeved t-shirt, you'd simply be changing revan's robe BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LOOK PEOPLE PAID FOR!

Seriously, what the hell? Nobody wants a bugged robe! This is ridiculous. I'm hoping here that you simply don't know how to fix it, because if this was a long thought out decision, it's the epitome of fail.

"hmm, this robe has 2 hoods, should we fix it and change it back to how it was, with just 1 hood, or leave 2 hoods?"

*argues for a month*

"k, best course of action is to keep 2 hoods."

If you're so concerned about not upsetting players who want a bugged robe with 2 hoods (uh, there are people who want that?), then just give ALL players who have the robe an item in their mail, i.e., "Revan's Non-glitched Robe" That way we can all vendor the broken robe to the npc then us the NORMAL robe.

Seriously Bioware?

You refuse to let us dye any of these cartel gears, because it would be against lore......................but you're forcing us to keep a broken robe, even though it's against lore?

SMH

Edited by SomeJagoff

I don't understand why you (EA/Bioware) can't just put a quick poll up after signing in to the game and ask the question of should it be fixed or leave it as is.

Or even send out a poll in an email and actually ask the buyers of the item, I'm sure you can query accounts that have purchased the item in the market and just email them, what they would like? I would think that there is only a small percentage of the people that purchased the item sold it on the GTN and didn't actually bind it to their character, so that seems fair. Could be wrong about that though.

Surely there is some way to poll your playerbase on this issue, I mean it's a bug, it's not working as intended and it should be fixed in my opinion but polling your playerbase about it would atleast let you know where everyone, for the most part, stands.

TLDR - Poll the playerbase and ask them what they think instead of assuming that the majority are ok with it.

Hey everyone,

-eric

I have scanned the thread and have noticed more than a dozen of "Fix its"

Common Eric, lets fix it already.

I have personally been leading the horse for this issue, This is all that needs to be done.

Double Hood bug fixed.

Color Bugs fixed, or allow it for Color Dyes to fix the light grey bug ourselves so its our choice.

Do these, and hell, i'd even stop complaining about the fact Revan's Holostatue is still graphically bugged out its Bugger.

I paid over 450$ almost on packs to complete my Revan set(Blockade Runner and Space Pirate packs.) I didn't pay to look like a hood cliping moron. I paid that money to have my PvE set to dress like Revan, not a cheap knock off that was overlooked in the quality department.

Edited by Magnusheart